World Cup 2018: ROHR finally rules out Enyeama....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
World Cup 2018: ROHR finally rules out Enyeama....

Post by Enugu II »

RUSSIA 2018: Gernot Rohr rule out Enyeama
http://www.brila.net/russia-2018-gernot ... cup-plans/
By Brila - February 21, 20180

Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr has finally ruled out the possibility of including former Skipper Vincent Enyeama on his plans for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Franco-German tactician said the inability of the former captain of the team to secure playing time had played a huge role in his decision according to New Telegraph.

Speaking with journalists at the inaugural Aiteo/NFF Awards on Monday, Rohr said his main target was to take active players to the World Cup and Enyeama does not fit into that quota.

“He is not playing anywhere, so we cannot take players who are not playing,” Rohr told reporters.

“We are working hard to have the best of our legs taken to Russia and we don’t have the luxury of naming a player that has not been playing in recent time.

“Each time we have a problem, there is always a good answer and I hope it will be the same for the World Cup.

The 35-year-old goalie last played for the first team of Lille on April 15, 2017, when he lasted 65minute on the pitch against Rennes in the Ligue 1.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: World Cup 2018: ROHR finally rules out Enyeama....

Post by maceo4 »

Not surprised, stuck by his word...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:Not surprised, stuck by his word...

:laugh: Stuck by what words?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

JJ. Rohr said no such thing. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Seems like JJ to me, but Enyeama needs to sort out his club situation.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Not surprised, stuck by his word...

:laugh: Stuck by what words?
Check his numerous interviews he stated what Vince needed to do in order to get back in.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Fake news
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Watching Degea in the CL tonight, form is everything when you are between the sticks...
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

A shame Enyeama wasn't able to find a club...

I hope Rohr will be consistent. His comments on Musa suggested he'd select Musa even if he only played reserve games all season. We need players facing competitive action to represent us o!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:JJ. Rohr said no such thing. :boo:
I think he did. It makes sense. The French League ends early May, which means Enyeama would have only about 2 months of active football if he were to join a team today as a starter. This is not possible. Even if he did, you can't possibly want to take him to the WC after just 2 months of active football. We might as well bring back Rufai or Ike to man the post for us in Russia.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I knew it was likely over for Vince after the Cameroon game. Just look at Mikel's body language. It is obvious this is Mikel's team and he does not want that to change.

Also, Rohr saying Vince must not give any conditions for coming back, made it obvious that in addition to Vince sorting out the club football and playing regularly, he had to come back as a foot soldier and not a leader. Vince had said a number of times that he cannot be a 2nd or 3rd GK in the team at this stage of his career.

[/video]
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Someone needs to run to Maceo's house with respirator! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Anyone seen Obong Itatex? I suspect he is speeding on the highway, headed to Ikot Ikpene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Odas, remember what that Epa told us in Benin? That they can go to Ikot Ikpene all they like, at the end of the day, its "Edo'Odion (Edo/Benin is always superior)?" :D
Last edited by danfo driver on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:Anyone seen Obong Itatex? I suspect he is speeding on the highway, headed to Ikot Ikpene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Odas, remember what that Epa told us in Benin? That they can go to Ikot Ikpene all they like, at the end of the day, its "Edo'Odion?" :D
No time to gloat. Vince has served Nigeria well, and and we still have a big GK problem.

Ezenwa looked good in CHAN, but watching the qualifiers again, and he made big errors in every match he played, and if Slimani was not possessed by the Spirit of Yakubu, we could have conceded 4 in Algeria.

We are now hoping on a 19 Year old with 2 Laliga starts (he has been great in the 3rd level in Spain, but it is still a lot to hope for).

Can't exactly mention Nwolokor anymore (not getting playing time), and looks like Femi Thomas won't get looked at.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote:A shame Enyeama wasn't able to find a club...

I hope Rohr will be consistent. His comments on Musa suggested he'd select Musa even if he only played reserve games all season. We need players facing competitive action to represent us o!
Well, Musa removed any speculation of bias by going back to Russia and he just played 90 minutes as his side advanced in the Europa Cup. Ideye moved back to Spain. Vince should have made a move, even if it was to a lower league.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

truetalk wrote:

Well, Musa removed any speculation of bias by going back to Russia and he just played 90 minutes as his side advanced in the Europa Cup. Ideye moved back to Spain. Vince should have made a move, even if it was to a lower league.
I don’t blame him for not doing that and taking a pay cut. He has to take Car of his fam first.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Roar appears to be on point with all his decisions.

Like some one said Kudos to Enyeama for all his has done for Nigeria :clap:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

What is with all the headache? I thought this dude retired years ago? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:Anyone seen Obong Itatex? I suspect he is speeding on the highway, headed to Ikot Ikpene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Odas, remember what that Epa told us in Benin? That they can go to Ikot Ikpene all they like, at the end of the day, its "Edo'Odion?" :D
Bros Danfo-driver! Yes, I remember well, well! It is happening like the "Epa" had predicted. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chei, som pipul no go like dis one at all if dis na TRU STORI.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:JJ. Rohr said no such thing. :boo:
Bros, how are you sure coach Rohr didn't say such a thing? How many months is left for the WC tournament to begin?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote:What is with all the headache? I thought this dude retired years ago? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Supposedly yes; unfortunately, some people REFUSED to accept Vince has retired.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:

No time to gloat. Vince has served Nigeria well, and and we still have a big GK problem.

Ezenwa looked good in CHAN, but watching the qualifiers again, and he made big errors in every match he played, and if Slimani was not possessed by the Spirit of Yakubu, we could have conceded 4 in Algeria.

We are now hoping on a 19 Year old with 2 Laliga starts (he has been great in the 3rd level in Spain, but it is still a lot to hope for).

Can't exactly mention Nwolokor anymore (not getting playing time), and looks like Femi Thomas won't get looked at.
:lol: :lol: I see you are panicking! If Ideye does not make it, like I expect he shouldn’t, you will see Oba! :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

I don’t blame him for not doing that and taking a pay cut. He has to take Car of his fam first.
You mean he has to take care of his family and HIS agents? :D