ADEMOLA LOOKMAN PROMISED WORLD CUP SPOT?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ADEMOLA LOOKMAN PROMISED WORLD CUP SPOT?

Post by Prince »

Otitokoro wrote:From a delivery standpoint, Lookman has a better shot at making the final squad compared to Onyekuru (again, that is IF Lookman is serious about playing for the SE). RB Leipzig and Anderlecht are simply not on the same level - meaning, the Bundesliga is by far more competitive than the Belgian Jupiler league.
Someone mentioned Onyekuru being considered means lights out for Simon Moses. That is quite laughable, considering when both were in camp on several occasions, Onyekuru was no where close to displacing Simon. Truth is: Onyekuru has struggled to take full advantage of the opportunities he has had and prove he is an option to be considered.

Fact is, if all 3 were fit and eligible at the time of selection, the selection order of hierarchy will be Simon Moses, Ademola Lookman and Henry Onyekuru.
heavyd wrote: I don't believe for one minute anybody has been promised a World cup spot let alone Lookman who will probably not be eligible by the time the WC comes around anyway (unless he declares now and they can rush the application through). He is however a very good player and it looks as if he is very confident and single minded as well which are key qualities to have in order to reach the top.

Its not as simple as saying Onyekuru has made the most of his opportunities. HE was loaned out as soon as he was signed meaning Everton thought he was not ready to play in their first team. Lookman however was retained probably with the promise of more opportunities. When this did not materialise he agitated for a loan and one of the best teams in Germany came for him. Hopefully he will get enough playing time to prove his talent and excel in the Bundesliga then Everton will need to make a decision.

This World cup is too early for him but if he declares for Nigeria he will be a brilliant addition to the squad in the future.
Kpom!!! I like Moses Simon, I saw him play at Barnet and he was one of our better players, not sure why people dont like him.
Oya back to the matter
open and close