ADEMOLA LOOKMAN PROMISED WORLD CUP SPOT?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
ADEMOLA LOOKMAN PROMISED WORLD CUP SPOT?

Post by Obong »

"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: ADEMOLA LOOKMAN PROMISED WORLD CUP SPOT?

Post by Tobi17 »

I don't care what anyone says, but this is one talent I don't mind the NFF kissing a.s.s to woo, Ademola is a legit baller, and with England showing no real signs of capping him ahead of the world cup, I make bold to say we have a 60% chance of making him wear the GWG, kid is a fast rising star for leipzig in just his Bundesliga debut.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Debut goal v B. Monchengladbach last weekend.
http://www.okgoals.com/match-highlights-1517700640---43
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Article was written by the mythical Michael James so take it with a pinch of salt and dragon fire...

Still, now Lookman is outside England it could make it easier for Nigeria to make an approach, especially with a Franco-German coach...
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If he’s showing signs of interest why not!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The English media and their lies! Every foreign born player approached by Nigeria has been promised a WC spot. From Tammy Abraham to Ola Aina to Lookman, have been promised a WC slot. Is that how it's done? They just can't accept that there are players who can dump England for Nigeria, so they have to make it seem an irresistible carrot I.e. a WC place is the reason.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:The English media and their lies! Every foreign born player approached by Nigeria has been promised a WC spot. From Tammy Abraham to Ola Aina to Lookman, have been promised a WC slot. Is that how it's done? They just can't accept that there are players who can dump England for Nigeria, so they have to make it seem an irresistible carrot I.e. a WC place is the reason.
I suspect the article was written by a Nigerian.
'Michael James' just doesn't strike me as a young Englishman's name.
Even if a pseudonym, they'd probably choose something more authentic-sounding.
Its the kind of 'oyibo' name a typical lazy, unimaginative Nigerian journalist would make up for himself.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

In all fairness, there is something going on here. Sam Allardyce made it clear he was gobsmacked when Lookman said he wanted to go on loan to Germany.

Everton were just bringing him into the first team and so were shocked when the player said he wanted to go abroad. Allardyce said he told the player he would struggle with the language, being in a foreign land and getting used to the football but the lad insisted he wanted to leave.

Rohr is a German, so we do not know what kind of deals he struck behind the scene. I await the list ahead of the March friendlies!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:In all fairness, there is something going on here. Sam Allardyce made it clear he was gobsmacked when Lookman said he wanted to go on loan to Germany.

Everton were just bringing him into the first team and so were shocked when the player said he wanted to go abroad. Allardyce said he told the player he would struggle with the language, being in a foreign land and getting used to the football but the lad insisted he wanted to leave.

Rohr is a German, so we do not know what kind of deals he struck behind the scene. I await the list ahead of the March friendlies!
Kpom, somethings cooking behind the scene... I find it weird Lookman was just sent to leipzig on "loan", something tells me he is tired of pining away his time in the premier league with no game time, world cup fast approaching and the possibility of England giving him a good WC slot looking very unlikely... a move to Germany where Rohr happens to have a strong connection smirks of a subtle hint to Nigeria to make its move, I won't quickly overlook the possibility of this report been closer to the truth.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:In all fairness, there is something going on here. Sam Allardyce made it clear he was gobsmacked when Lookman said he wanted to go on loan to Germany.

Kpom, somethings cooking behind the scene... I find it weird Lookman was just sent to leipzig on "loan", something tells me he is tired of pining away his time in the premier league with no game time, world cup fast approaching and the possibility of England giving him a good WC slot looking very unlikely... a move to Germany where Rohr happens to have a strong connection smirks of a subtle hint to Nigeria to make its move, I won't quickly overlook the possibility of this report been closer to the truth.
If all this is true, he will need FIFA approval to play for Nigeria. I don't see that happening in time for the friendlies next month.
I am happy
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

If all this is true, he will need FIFA approval to play for Nigeria. I don't see that happening in time for the friendlies next month.
Sorry Dammy, kindly explain why he would need one? I thought since England is yet to cap him - he is jolly well available. Just asking
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

They were not bringing him into the first team, they wanted him to go on loan to Derby or something they boy felt he had nothing to learn in the lower league and there is a trend of English boys going to Germany to play at the moment
Oya back to the matter
open and close
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

If is true Nigeria succeeds in recruiting him,there is no question in my mind the possibility of reaching quarter final is inordinately good,, The boy is consummate player. Indubitable a world class player in making. The news is absolutely exhilarating. Can one imagine him playing together with Victor Moses, Iwobi , Onyekure and Mikel, invariable the SE will be most scintillating and exciting team in the world cup, Fans will be ready to cough out good dollars to watch the team. Definitely a potential dream team.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Mich, erm sorry Ayo, Welcome O!

People were looking for you yesterday on the official jersey release thread.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Stop spinning yarns. There might be something or nothing in it. Your record on this site of being accurate is appalling.

He might be interested in Nigeria without Rohr's influence on the boy going to Germany.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agents!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Look at grown men salivating at a player who wasn't deemed good enough to play for Everton. Mschew
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

GG of G wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Sorry Dammy, kindly explain why he would need one? I thought since England is yet to cap him - he is jolly well available. Just asking
He has played for England at U20 level and would need FIFA clearance to change allegiance to Nigeria. Just like Iwobi and Moses.
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:Agents!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In this thread, who do you think are the likely agents?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
Author of the article. Ayo's post is also suspicious.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
Author of the article. Ayo's post is also suspicious.
Are you saying Obo is an agent of "Excitement"? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Based on previous players switching to play for 9ja whereby it took over year to obtain FIFA clearance Moses, Iwobi & Aina I don’t think the switch will be done in time for Ademola for his to participate at the World Cup
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Flex Swift wrote:Based on previous players switching to play for 9ja whereby it took over year to obtain FIFA clearance Moses, Iwobi & Aina I don’t think the switch will be done in time for Ademola for his to participate at the World Cup
We have someone in FIFA now...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!