ADEMOLA LOOKMAN PROMISED WORLD CUP SPOT?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ADEMOLA LOOKMAN PROMISED WORLD CUP SPOT?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Four wide attackers:
Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ademola Lookman

Two targetmen
Odion Ighalo
Briown Ideye

Two playmakers
Alex Iwobi
Qbdul Ajagun

Four central midfielders
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Oghene Etebo

Two rightfull backs
Tyronne Ebuehi
Shehu Abdullahi

Two leftfullbacks
Joel Obi
Brian Idowu

Four centrebacks
Leon Balogun
William Ekong
Sam Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo

Three goalkeepers
Francis Uzoho
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele Alampasu

This is my squad for now oooooo. Things may change but I believe that as of at today, this is our best 23.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Tobi17 wrote:
john12 wrote:Shamesless agents when I talk my own now dem go say I like to talk. A player that has 1 in 15 premier league games and didn’t even participate in any WCQ should be guaranteed a World Cup position because he was born in England? FOH
Agent John AKA "Musa roger me something" abeg no vex, we no go spoil market for you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

smartbrother wrote:he's better than osimehn thats for sure
Different players
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Four wide attackers:
Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ademola Lookman

Two targetmen
Odion Ighalo
Briown Ideye

Two playmakers
Alex Iwobi
Qbdul Ajagun

Four central midfielders
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Oghene Etebo

Two rightfull backs
Tyronne Ebuehi
Shehu Abdullahi

Two leftfullbacks
Joel Obi
Brian Idowu

Four centrebacks
Leon Balogun
William Ekong
Sam Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo

Three goalkeepers
Francis Uzoho
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele Alampasu

This is my squad for now oooooo. Things may change but I believe that as of at today, this is our best 23.
:sneaky: Now go and switch on your Xbox :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ademola Lookman

Two targetmen
Odion Ighalo
Briown Ideye

Two playmakers
Alex Iwobi
Qbdul Ajagun

Four central midfielders
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Oghene Etebo

Two rightfull backs
Tyronne Ebuehi
Shehu Abdullahi

Two leftfullbacks
Joel Obi
Brian Idowu

Four centrebacks
Leon Balogun
William Ekong
Sam Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo

Three goalkeepers
Francis Uzoho
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele Alampasu

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just dey laugh them! Like I said, we are ready for them The money they have taken from these players should be returned, because these players are going to be very angry. Very angry.
Last edited by danfo driver on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The comedian returns. You will rather play your best finisher as a winger joker
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:The comedian returns. You will rather play your best finisher as a winger joker
Bro, stay calm! At this moment, I even see it as comedy and i am enjoying the good laugh! He actually thinks A-jaga-jaga has a snowballs chance in hell to go to the world cup! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cheiii!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
john12 wrote:The problem is that most Nigerians innately suffer from inferiority complex and colonial mentality. I believe that lookman is even hyped here because he is an English born Nigerian. While I believe that lookman is a talented player for the future it’s still not going to negate the fact that he shouldn’t just walk into our World Cup team because he is an English born Nigerian. I ask you my brothers has lookman achieved what musa has achieved or is he better than musa statistically or individually? No. Is he even better than onyekuru? We should learn from past mistakes and hope it doesn’t happen again. If lookman wants to play for Nigeria then after World Cup he can hustle like everyone and play at the WCQ, ANC qualifyer
Nigerians will buy dog shyte from London if it’s labeled as chocolate. :laugh:
Emir, why are you being diplomatic and nice? The truth is: Many Nigerians will buy shiit from London even if it is labelled "shiit." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote:Ope o I don hammer! My strategy of posting Lookman threads don work. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Bros, so na you dey cos dis wahala, eh?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I am not Musa’s biggest fan but any list that omits his name - baring Injury- is fake news. By the way, this Ademola news na also fake news. Not hating but keeping it real.

Names like Onyekuru, Osimen, Joel Obi etc is where reasonable debate lies.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote:I am not Musa’s biggest fan but any list that omits his name - baring Injury- is fake news. By the way, this Ademola news na also fake news. Not hating but keeping it real.

CE and reasonable debate? Not when our Chief Contributing Editor is around.

BTW, what happened to Ohenhehehe with his 10 line ups a day posting? He must have married and his wife is not allowing him to post nonsense anymore... :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:I am not Musa’s biggest fan but any list that omits his name - baring Injury- is fake news. By the way, this Ademola news na also fake news. Not hating but keeping it real.

Bro, i cant wait for this list to come. There will be so much weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just like you, I am not Musa's fan. And in fact, I am a Musa hater! certified! But anyone who thinks Musa is not going to the world cup is a joker! :rotf: :rotf: Musa was playing u12 football at leicester, and Rohr played him against Argentina -- "to help his fitness." And you think that after Musa has taken Rohr's advice and moved to another club to get playing time, Rohr will now dump him???? :lol: :lol: sureeeee...

Same thing for the brainless simon moses. Another player I would never consider, if I was a coach. But be rest assured that, baring injury, Simon is on that plane.

Then you have someone trying to ignore John Ogu and Agu in favor of A-ja-ga-ja-ga. :lol: :lol: Again, good luck!

We all know this is going to end i tears for them.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Simon Moses may not go to the World Cup. If Henry Onyekuru is being seriously considered then I’m afraid Simon’s chances are pretty slim :!:

Cheers.
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Lookman is one player that is worth promising a place on the squad to cap him. He is that good.
A future star.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

soma wrote:Lookman is one player that is worth promising a place on the squad to cap him. He is that good.
A future star.
On what basis? Ademola and Onyekuru are roughly the same age but it is Henry who has made the most of his opportunities. Quality wise and statistically, Onyekuru is light years ahead of Lookman. They are both on Everton’s books, Ademola by way of English tier 3 and Henry by way of the Belgian pro league. I know, wait for it... English tier 3 is better than the top league in Belgium. Sure, convince yourself that’s true :lol: So, why should Ademola Lookman be guaranteed a World Cup place when Henry Onyekuru isn’t :?: We need to start appreciating what we have and stop chasing shadows. Not every foreign born Nigerian football player is better than our home grown kids :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ademola Lookman

Two targetmen
Odion Ighalo
Briown Ideye

Two playmakers
Alex Iwobi
Qbdul Ajagun

Four central midfielders
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Oghene Etebo

Two rightfull backs
Tyronne Ebuehi
Shehu Abdullahi

Two leftfullbacks
Joel Obi
Brian Idowu

Four centrebacks
Leon Balogun
William Ekong
Sam Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo

Three goalkeepers
Francis Uzoho
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele Alampasu

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ademola Lookman

Two targetmen
Odion Ighalo
Briown Ideye

Two playmakers
Alex Iwobi
Qbdul Ajagun

Four central midfielders
Mikel Obi
Wilfred Ndidi
Ogenyi Onazi
Oghene Etebo

Two rightfull backs
Tyronne Ebuehi
Shehu Abdullahi

Two leftfullbacks
Joel Obi
Brian Idowu

Four centrebacks
Leon Balogun
William Ekong
Sam Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo

Three goalkeepers
Francis Uzoho
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele Alampasu

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
soma wrote:Lookman is one player that is worth promising a place on the squad to cap him. He is that good.
A future star.
On what basis? Ademola and Onyekuru are roughly the same age but it is Henry who has made the most of his opportunities. Quality wise and statistically, Onyekuru is light years ahead of Lookman. They are both on Everton’s books, Ademola by way of English tier 3 and Henry by way of the Belgian pro league. I know, wait for it... English tier 3 is better than the top league in Belgium. Sure, convince yourself that’s true :lol: So, why should Ademola Lookman be guaranteed a World Cup place when Henry Onyekuru isn’t :?: We need to start appreciating what we have and stop chasing shadows. Not every foreign born Nigerian football player is better than our home grown kids :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
I don't believe for one minute anybody has been promised a World cup spot let alone Lookman who will probably not be eligible by the time the WC comes around anyway (unless he declares now and they can rush the application through). He is however a very good player and it looks as if he is very confident and single minded as well which are key qualities to have in order to reach the top.

Its not as simple as saying Onyekuru has made the most of his opportunities. HE was loaned out as soon as he was signed meaning Everton thought he was not ready to play in their first team. Lookman however was retained probably with the promise of more opportunities. When this did not materialise he agitated for a loan and one of the best teams in Germany came for him. Hopefully he will get enough playing time to prove his talent and excel in the Bundesliga then Everton will need to make a decision.

This World cup is too early for him but if he declares for Nigeria he will be a brilliant addition to the squad in the future.
YNWA
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

heavyd wrote:
A future star.

Cheers.
I don't believe for one minute anybody has been promised a World cup spot let alone Lookman who will probably not be eligible by the time the WC comes around anyway (unless he declares now and they can rush the application through). He is however a very good player and it looks as if he is very confident and single minded as well which are key qualities to have in order to reach the top.

Its not as simple as saying Onyekuru has made the most of his opportunities. HE was loaned out as soon as he was signed meaning Everton thought he was not ready to play in their first team. Lookman however was retained probably with the promise of more opportunities. When this did not materialise he agitated for a loan and one of the best teams in Germany came for him. Hopefully he will get enough playing time to prove his talent and excel in the Bundesliga then Everton will need to make a decision.

This World cup is too early for him but if he declares for Nigeria he will be a brilliant addition to the squad in the future.
I’m glad you find it implausible that Lookman was promised a spot on the World Cup roster. That’s a start. Now, saying that Lookman is a very good player isn’t saying very much at all because we have good players all over the wazoo. That 15 year old in the national league, wazzisname again, Nuru is it, comes to mind!

... And for the record, Onyekuru was sent out on loan because he wasn’t eligible for a work permit, the same reason Nacho couldn’t play right away for Man City :!:

Cheers.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Not this world cup. Mba :boo: :boo:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

heavyd wrote:
A future star.

Cheers.

Very well said. Onyekuru is already ours and can’t play for any other team.
If lookman can be capped now it means he is ineligible for England

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

From a delivery standpoint, Lookman has a better shot at making the final squad compared to Onyekuru (again, that is IF Lookman is serious about playing for the SE). RB Leipzig and Anderlecht are simply not on the same level - meaning, the Bundesliga is by far more competitive than the Belgian Jupiler league.
Someone mentioned Onyekuru being considered means lights out for Simon Moses. That is quite laughable, considering when both were in camp on several occasions, Onyekuru was no where close to displacing Simon. Truth is: Onyekuru has struggled to take full advantage of the opportunities he has had and prove he is an option to be considered.

Fact is, if all 3 were fit and eligible at the time of selection, the selection order of hierarchy will be Simon Moses, Ademola Lookman and Henry Onyekuru.
heavyd wrote: I don't believe for one minute anybody has been promised a World cup spot let alone Lookman who will probably not be eligible by the time the WC comes around anyway (unless he declares now and they can rush the application through). He is however a very good player and it looks as if he is very confident and single minded as well which are key qualities to have in order to reach the top.

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Any list that does not include Moses Simon is not Rohr-authenticated. Rohr likes Moses Simon, no be small.