REBOOTED: 'WHAT IF...?" (Just Saying) - SE & AFCON 2019

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: SE & Russia 2018: 'WHAT IF...?" (Just Saying)

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote: What's the real difference in the last two scenarios?
You know our people like to pick and choose our arguments, so I'm giving them room for that. The debate is in what circumstances do we sack, knowing there are many who are advocating sacking the coach should we fail to win the trophy?
I'm just curious what they and others would recommend in various possible scenarios.

Key points to note in bold.

Scenario 3:
Senegal, arguably the continent's strongest team (on paper) wins the tournament.
Nigeria is beaten in the semi-final to fourth place by Morocco on Pks, aet

Scenario 4:
Nigeria beats Senegal, arguably the continent's strongest team (on paper) to take third place in the semi-final in regular time.
Personally I think a semi final loss is a semi final loss, whatever happens following that is "whatever". Overall I think a semi final appearance should be enough to let Rohr keep his job.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE & Russia 2018: 'WHAT IF...?" (Just Saying)

Post by Damunk »

kalani JR wrote:
Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote: What's the real difference in the last two scenarios?
You know our people like to pick and choose our arguments, so I'm giving them room for that. The debate is in what circumstances do we sack, knowing there are many who are advocating sacking the coach should we fail to win the trophy?
I'm just curious what they and others would recommend in various possible scenarios.

Key points to note in bold.

Scenario 3:
Senegal, arguably the continent's strongest team (on paper) wins the tournament.
Nigeria is beaten in the semi-final to fourth place by Morocco on Pks, aet

Scenario 4:
Nigeria beats Senegal, arguably the continent's strongest team (on paper) to take third place in the semi-final in regular time.
Personally I think a semi final loss is a semi final loss, whatever happens following that is "whatever". Overall I think a semi final appearance should be enough to let Rohr keep his job.
Sebi that is you.
Nigerians will tell you that a SF loss on PKs to say, Senegal is more acceptable than a regulation time SF defeat to 'ordinary' Kenya or Uganda or even South Africa.
Meanwhile, a SF victory on PKs over any of those countries will be casually dismissed as "not good enough" and put down to "luck".

You don't know our people. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "