ROHR SPEAKS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
ROHR SPEAKS

Post by charlie »

[/video]
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR SPEAKS

Post by fabio »

Aim is to win Bronze and match Amodu's record.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

fabio wrote:Aim is to win Bronze and match Amodu's record.
That's not what he said. Why are you trying to twist what he is saying?

He said his personal goal was at least semi-final.
His main message was he didnt want to put the pressure of expectation of winning it all on his team.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I have a strong feeling Rohr will win the afcon title, I haven't seen the SE this stable and drama free in such a long time now. Rohr no doubt isn't the most exciting coach, neither is his over-cautious approach to things inspire much confidence... but he has significantly brought stability and organizational discipline to the team... and that's something we can't take away from him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:I have a strong feeling Rohr will win the afcon title, I haven't seen the SE this stable and drama free in such a long time now. Rohr no doubt isn't the most exciting coach, neither is his over-cautious approach to things inspire much confidence... but he has significantly brought stability and organizational discipline to the team... and that's something we can't take away from him.
The Rohr haters prefer to ignore his record and other positives he has brought to the team..
Rather, they harp on his public statements and our performance in two matches against world-class opposition at the WC. Oh...they also lambast him for his 'slow' substitutions on the pitch.

You can see that the most important measure of success - his results - are conveniently ignored. Its all just a visceral dislike for Rohr which is hard to explain.

Winning the AFCON is what we all want and why the Super Eagles are going out there in the first place. But failing to win it is not in itself a measure of anything.

They say 'don't let perfection be the enemy of the good'. :idea:
People are basically setting him up for the sack once he fails to actually win the AFCON. :lol:
Then its begin again.

That's how we roll in Naija.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lagerback version 2.0....the only difference this time, we do not need power point presentations..just IGlive it. Natives will believe anything.

Tobi open you mind..what if all the other 23 coaches comes around and says the same? Would you go around in your feelings ,stating you have a feeling who will win? Smh

With Rohr, the SE ain't winning jack
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I understand the stability theory and Rohr's influence but Nigeria tends to do better in chaos. I don't understand it. Either the players or the handlers are fighting for something or lack of funds and friendly games.

I'm praying this period of stability will yield much fruits so we can appreciate the benefits of a stable environment.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I have a strong feeling Rohr will win the afcon title, I haven't seen the SE this stable and drama free in such a long time now. Rohr no doubt isn't the most exciting coach, neither is his over-cautious approach to things inspire much confidence... but he has significantly brought stability and organizational discipline to the team... and that's something we can't take away from him.
The Rohr haters prefer to ignore his record and other positives he has brought to the team..
Rather, they harp on his public statements and our performance in two matches against world-class opposition at the WC. Oh...they also lambast him for his 'slow' substitutions on the pitch.

You can see that the most important measure of success - his results - are conveniently ignored. Its all just a visceral dislike for Rohr which is hard to explain.

Winning the AFCON is what we all want and why the Super Eagles are going out there in the first place. But failing to win it is not in itself a measure of anything.

People are basically setting him up for the sack once he fails to actually win the AFCON. :lol:
Then its begin again.

Honestly if he cant win the ANC he has no business to continue,he has been allow to run the team as he wishes and he has no business not doing good.If he cant win it due to poor officiating or just pure bad luck its ok we can say continue.Lets not act like he has done something special since he become the boss.Keshi big Boss (RIP) did a lot and win ANC yet was badly treated.Rohr should know semi is regular for SE even if its Ohehen coaching its expected .He can play it low not to put pressure but I hope he has nothing but going there to win it.This is not the world cup but African Nation Cup
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

pajimoh wrote:I understand the stability theory and Rohr's influence but Nigeria tends to do better in chaos. I don't understand it. Either the players or the handlers are fighting for something or lack of funds and friendly games.

I'm praying this period of stability will yield much fruits so we can appreciate the benefits of a stable environment.
Chaos like fighting for bonus before world cup matches? How did we do in those matches?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

If he can’t win ANC in his first try he should be terminated??? Kajifu, you’re a big FOOL. A country that has failed to qualify for the last 2 ANC, is currently ranked 3rd and you’re mandating our coach to win ANC or termination?? My friend please go and sit down. Nigerians are so undeservedly arrogant
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kajifu wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Then its begin again.

Honestly if he cant win the ANC he has no business to continue,he has been allow to run the team as he wishes and he has no business not doing good.
This is the 'birthright' mentality that Nigerians have and is counterproductive.

So Senegal, Morocco and hosts Eggyt have no right and do not have the arsenal to win this AFCON?
We are so good and so experienced and so above the rest of the continent that failure to win it is a now a disaster. So much so that we sack the coach and seek someone else? And that coach will suffer the same fate?

Now you see why we are world famous for our 20/20 'vision'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he cant win it due to poor officiating or just pure bad luck its ok we can say continue.
You say that now but these are subjective views. Very few Nigerians will see these "excuses" as valid. A great team rides their luck and overcomes bad officiating.
Good luck trying convince Nigerians to keep Rohr in office despite "bad luck" and ''biased refereeing".
Lets not act like he has done something special since he become the boss.Keshi big Boss (RIP) did a lot and win ANC yet was badly treated.
I am yet to see anyone saying Rohr has done something 'special'. He has qualified us effortlessly, that's all.
Keshi being maltreated is NO REASON to continue the bad habits. Its a ridiculous argument to make that because Keshi and others were treated with disrespect we should do the same to everyone else "in the name of fairness". Have we learnt nothing?

Then some will make the even more absurd argument that Rohr should be subject to the same maltreatment as Keshi so that there is no 'WOWO' discrimination in his favour. How stupid can one get?
Rohr should know semi is regular for SE even if its Ohehen coaching its expected . He can play it low not to put pressure but I hope he has nothing but going there to win it. This is not the world cup but African Nation Cup
Yeah, right.
Its 'regular' for the Super Eagles so much so that as life-long Sovereign Kings of Africa we couldn't even qualify for the last two AFCON finals!
We have now qualified by luck apparently, (nothing to do with the coach) so we are expected to win it 'Under Must', which failure to do is now considered taboo.
Right. :thumb:

Rohr is going there with the aim of winning it.
He is just not stupid enough to start beating his chest in public like Nigerians want, regardless of the pressure such boasts put on the young team.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Then its begin again.

Honestly if he cant win the ANC he has no business to continue,he has been allow to run the team as he wishes and he has no business not doing good.
This is the 'birthright' mentality that Nigerians have and is counterproductive.

So Senegal, Morocco and hosts Eggyt have no right and do not have the arsenal to win this AFCON?
We are so good and so experienced and so above the rest of the continent that failure to win it is a now a disaster. So much so that we sack the coach and seek someone else? And that coach will suffer the same fate?

If he cant win it due to poor officiating or just pure bad luck its ok we can say continue.
You say that now but these are subjective views. Very few Nigerians will see these "excuses" as valid. A great team rides their luck and overcomes bad officiating.
Good luck trying convince Nigerians to keep Rohr in office despite "bad luck" and ''biased refereeing".
Lets not act like he has done something special since he become the boss.Keshi big Boss (RIP) did a lot and win ANC yet was badly treated.
I am yet to see anyone saying Rohr has done something 'special'. He has qualified us effortlessly, that's all.
Keshi being maltreated is NO REASON to continue the bad habits. Its a ridiculous argument to make that because Keshi and others were treated with disrespect we should do the same to everyone else "in the name of fairness". Have we learnt nothing?

Then some will make the even more absurd argument that Rohr should be subject to the same maltreatment as Keshi so that there is no 'WOWO' discrimination in his favour. How stupid can one get?
Rohr should know semi is regular for SE even if its Ohehen coaching its expected . He can play it low not to put pressure but I hope he has nothing but going there to win it. This is not the world cup but African Nation Cup
Yeah, right.
Its 'regular' for the Super Eagles so much so that as life-long Sovereign Kings of Africa we couldn't even qualify for the last two AFCON finals!
We have now qualified by luck apparently, (nothing to do with the coach) so we are expected to win it 'Under Must', which failure to do is now considered taboo.

He is just not stupid enough to start beating his chest in public like Nigerians want, regardless of the pressure such boasts put on the young team.
WC, 1st round exit

Assume ANC it is SF exit, you still expect us to keep him?

Sorry we can get WC 1st round exit at a LOWER cost. That's what is called value for money!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

^GBOSA!!!! i just cannot believe the thought process if Damunk... very upsetting and annoying at the same time..he wants to reward failure.....
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Then its begin again.

Yeah, right.

WC, 1st round exit

Sorry we can get WC 1st round exit at a LOWER cost. That's what is called value for money!
But we tried ANC qualification at a lower cost and it was a disaster.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Synopsis wrote:
pajimoh wrote:I understand the stability theory and Rohr's influence but Nigeria tends to do better in chaos. I don't understand it. Either the players or the handlers are fighting for something or lack of funds and friendly games.

Chaos like fighting for bonus before world cup matches? How did we do in those matches?
Ol boy, I do not agree with running our football in Chao. I'm just stating my observation. All our medals were obtained under duress. Westerhof fought for funds. Keshi fought the establishment and was not paid regularly. Amodu was denied friendly matches, owed money.
Mikel's Olympic team was denied funds and proper preparation, etc, etc

I'm praying Rohr's period of calm yields maximum benefits
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote:Rohr should know semi is regular for SE even if it's Ohenhen coaching it's expected.
Bros be careful with statements like this. What if it comes true somehow? :curse:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the last time a german took us to the SE we only won 1 match.... hmm de javu
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Lolly wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Then its begin again.

Yeah, right.

WC, 1st round exit

But we tried ANC qualification at a lower cost and it was a disaster.
At what point will we say the result is NOT good enough??? There must be some criteria to measure his performance. Or anything he does is acceptable?

We've won ANC at lower cost WITHOUT NFF support!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:

Then its begin again.

Hate is a strong word. I actually like Rohr. I just maintain a manager should exude confidence, show respect not fear the opponent and aim to win always.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

My main problem with Rohr is his inability to use subs properly.

He seems to have a fear of using subs. It is almost as if he has some crazy superstition that if he makes changes, we will lose or something.

I mean even on friendlies where we have 6 subs and an opportunity to look and assess new players, he is still so rigid.

I also feel he can do better with scouting and testing out alternative options. Especially in problem positions where we lack in.

Other than that Rohr has done very well. No SE coach has ever so easily navigated African terrain. Gone are the days where we would never win and often lose on the road. Gone are the days when we would even struggle to beat mediocre opposition at home.

I see us doing very well in Egypt. I see only a handful of teams that could stop us.

Winning AFCON is not our birthright as others have noted. I will reserve judgement based on how we play and not necessarily results.

We may play much better than 2013 yet still not win. Much will depend on the draw.

I am confident however we will do very well.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:^GBOSA!!!! i just cannot believe the thought process if Damunk... very upsetting and annoying at the same time..he wants to reward failure.....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

YemiBrazil wrote:
kajifu wrote:Rohr should know semi is regular for SE even if it's Ohenhen coaching it's expected.
Bros be careful with statements like this. What if it comes true somehow? :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The stuff of nightmares...
Nonetheless, I agree that even BigPokey (with a little bit of luck) can probably take us to the s-finals.

Not quite sure why folks like Damunk keep LOWERING expectations for Rohr...
We hired a football coach primarily for on-field results, not off-field management. Otherwise, let’s sign up McKinsey!

BTW, I think that we have the players/team to win the AFCON (albeit tougher in N. Africa than in SSA)...
Thus, I can only hope that Rohr doesn’t really believe his public statements but is merely managing public pressure.
Last edited by Gotti on Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"I think it would be inappropriate, even disrespectful, for me to talk about coaching Nigeria when they have a coach already. Especially one who has just qualified them for the Nations Cup after two failures.

"I think the thing for Nigeria now is for everyone to support the coach they have right now to achieve the objective."

- Emmanuel Amuneke, Tanzanian coach.