Tott Vs Arsenal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tottenham 0 vs 0 Arsenal

Post by kajifu »

This second half hope it will be better from beloved
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Tott Vs Arsenal

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:
Cito wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:That was not offside.

this are the EPL refs
Tfco!!!! :taunt:
these are a naija site

Ahem language cop, what did you say again? :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Cito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
metalalloy wrote:poor from arsenal. spuds doing all the playing.
You sure say you dey watch the same game or you no sabi watch football?

Tactics have been spot on by Wenger and his boys. Just need to get the final ball on point. There had been potential 2 on 1, 3 on 2s in play but the final ball has been just off.

His tactics could be spot on and still result in a boring game. Arsenal is sitting back very deep and inviting pressure from spurs hoping to break. I Hope they come out of their shell in the second half.
But boring and poor are not the same thing.
Fair enough. I expected more of a competitive game from them. Lets see what they do in the second half.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

metalalloy wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:

Tactics have been spot on by Wenger and his boys. Just need to get the final ball on point. There had been potential 2 on 1, 3 on 2s in play but the final ball has been just off.

His tactics could be spot on and still result in a boring game. Arsenal is sitting back very deep and inviting pressure from spurs hoping to break. I Hope they come out of their shell in the second half.
Ok then, boring is different from poor. For once in a long time, Wenger goes to an away game looking really prepared. It does mean Arsenal will win but they look really compact and off all ColdSpuds playing, they created only one real chance.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

SylverEagles wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I can’t watch the game unfortunately but any dribbling runs, defense splitting passes, goal bound rockets from the feet of our 350k per week mega star?
Bros, let it go. He's signed, it is done!

As for his performance, he's been about but passing is off so far.
I think Arsenal hs spent so much time defending, the attacking four have had little opportunities to do much going forward. Truth be told, Spurs have been excellent in their shape. In that first half, I saw two places Arsenal could exploit Spurs....from the fullbacks, that didnt happen. From the deep ball (ie Xhaka or Elneny) and that didnt happen.

I find it a bit amusing when people complain about forward players when the mindset of their team is wholly bent of defending. All those games in Munich were Arsenal's frontline spent the whole while defending come to mind right now.

I ask these people, You want a compact cagey Arsenal that doesn't necessarily light up the screen or you want a more open side that will also give up far more chances? The way Spurs is set up, you cannot have both.

That said, the second half will be more open I'm sure. Spurs will push more and tire, Arsenal will probably not defend so deep. Lets see. So far, both sides playing careful, neither wants to lose.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If this were a normal away EPL match for ARSEnal they would have been 2 or 3 goals down but as it is NLD they would bring out all their agro and fight to the end. I just hope we can get a breakthrough early in the 2nd half.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

metalalloy wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:

You are the first to moan when Arsenal are too open at the back. So now they’re playing more defensively away from home game, you are still complaining.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Jack need to step up more a bit.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We've playmakers all thru our MF - non with penetrative pace - the space between Auba & the MF is wide plus no other outballs besides thru Auba who has several defenders on him - goes to our structural problems - no midfield pace but stay strong defensively tho
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I can’t watch the game unfortunately but any dribbling runs, defense splitting passes, goal bound rockets from the feet of our 350k per week mega star?

I think Arsenal hs spent so much time defending, the attacking four have had little opportunities to do much going forward. Truth be told, Spurs have been excellent in their shape. In that first half, I saw two places Arsenal could exploit Spurs....from the fullbacks, that didnt happen. From the deep ball (ie Xhaka or Elneny) and that didnt happen.

I find it a bit amusing when people complain about forward players when the mindset of their team is wholly bent of defending. All those games in Munich were Arsenal's frontline spent the whole while defending come to mind right now.

I ask these people, You want a compact cagey Arsenal that doesn't necessarily light up the screen or you want a more open side that will also give up far more chances? The way Spurs is set up, you cannot have both.

That said, the second half will be more open I'm sure. Spurs will push more and tire, Arsenal will probably not defend so deep. Lets see. So far, both sides playing careful, neither wants to lose.

If you are lookin for graft and defensive nous then why play a fruit cake like Ozil at all
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

What we lack is pace in the central midfield areas

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lines are muddled between Wiltshire pushing forward from deep and the duo of Ozil and Mikhtaryan.

AW needs to embrace the two playmaker option
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Waffiman wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:

You are the first to moan when Arsenal are too open at the back. So now they’re playing more defensively away from home game, you are still complaining.

E be like sey you smoke igbo today. :lol: :lol: Show me one post where i have been the "first to moan" about arsenal. I could not give two shytes about arsenal. I'm looking for an entertaining game.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:

If you are lookin for graft and defensive nous then why play a fruit cake like Ozil at all

Are you watching or just talking? Arsenal has had the defensive graft so clearly it's working.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cech? You cannot do that.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

What in heavens is Cech doing?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

There it is. Now you have to come out of your shell

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

That was stupid from Ozil and stupid defenders.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Kane 1-0.

Well that's that. Great cross. Arsenal must push up now.

Poor defending. Xhaka has to close his man. Kane rode Kos there.
Either way, game is set now.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:There it is. Now you have to come out of your shell
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

#shyteinashell??

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Argh!!! Ozil has got to stop that cross.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ojafranpa wrote:That was stupid from Ozil and stupid defenders.

Oya Waffable talk nah :laugh: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.