US Soccer News

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

F360
Egg
Egg
US Soccer News

Post by F360 »

For the few on CE that care about US Soccer news(Obviously not Bret-Hart :biggrin: )
USSF just elected a new president

http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-state ... federation

and this is quite good stuff by USA and Stoke City player Geoff Cameron

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/geoff ... -s-soccer/
Why is it seen as a negative for America to “lose” a player who goes to play abroad? Brazilians don’t think this way when Neymar goes to Barcelona. The Dutch don’t think this way when their Ajax academy kids go to Chelsea or Bayern. Why don’t we go the other way entirely? U.S. Soccer should take out ads with pictures of all the players, past and present, who have made a huge impact on the world stage.

Does anyone honestly think that Christian would be the player he is today if he had stayed in Hershey, Pennsylvania? He had to go. It’s an incredible thing that he’s in Germany right now. It’s the best thing for him. We need 50 more Pulisics playing in the Bundesliga and Serie A and the Eredivisie — even if some of them really struggle. Especially if they struggle.

Kellyn Acosta is a perfect example. He’s got the talent and the work ethic to make it abroad. In the next year or two, he needs to go. FC Dallas and MLS shouldn’t be salty about it. They should throw him a party and say, “Represent Texas over there, buddy. Give ’em hell.” And they should already be looking for the next Acosta to bring up through their ranks.

Look, there are plenty of excellent players in MLS. It’s not just the level of “quality” that’s elevated overseas. It’s more than that. It’s a whole mentality. In the top leagues in Europe, it’s just … ruthless. And not just in training camp. Not just when you’re trying to impress a new manager.

Every. Single. Day.

It’s a grind, both mentally and physically, to keep earning your spot every weekend. You can’t even explain it until you’ve lived it. At Stoke, sometimes we have a few of the academy kids come and fill in during practice if we need some extra bodies, and we can usually tell within the first five minutes — seriously, within the first five — whether or not the kid is going to make it as a pro. There’s a certain mentality. A certain look in their eyes. A certain demeanor when they take a really hard tackle. You can recognize it almost instantly.

It has nothing to do with athleticism or size — attributes that the scouts and coaches in U.S. Soccer seem obsessed with sometimes. I remember the first time I trained with Bojan Krkić at Stoke. He’s listed at like 5′ 7″, but he looked more like 4′ 10″. And the guy was just an absolute animal out there. He’d made it through the Barcelona system at that size. I remember thinking to myself, What would’ve happened if he had come up in U.S. Soccer?

I’ll never forget a club coach telling me, when I was maybe 14 years old, that I would never make it as a pro because I was “too small.”

(I grew to be 6′ 4″.)

But this is the mentality that is so toxic across the board in youth soccer in America. It’s not about proving yourself every day. It’s about what you did last year. It’s about who you know. It’s about your size. It’s about your reputation. It’s about what fancy youth club you play for.

If you want to see what’s wrong with U.S. Soccer in a single image, just go out to one of these fancy suburbs some weekend and spot the coaches of the fancy club teams strutting on the sidelines. Half of them are carrying themselves like they’re Pep Guardiola. I mean, the arrogance. It’s unbelievable.

It’s not about you, man. You coach kids. It’s about the kids.

--------------------------------------------
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: US Soccer News

Post by jette1 »

is this football related or just soccer related
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

jette1 wrote:is this football related or just soccer related
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sawker related bros!

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

F360 wrote:
jette1 wrote:is this football related or just soccer related
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sawker related bros!
Ok good; We should probably have a soccer section like Rant and Rave

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This is Cyber eagles. Home of Nigerian football.

Wetin concern us with US federation elections.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:This is Cyber eagles. Home of Nigerian football.

Really, but we allow Arsenal, Man. Utd, and Messi? Abi, those are Nigerian football?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Enugu II wrote:

Really, but we allow Arsenal, Man. Utd, and Messi? Abi, those are Nigerian football?
We need a cut off point
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Prince wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

We need a cut off point
So who go decide dat one, nah? Me, as far as Arsenal is allowed on here then exerytin na free for all ooo!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have Nigeria players at Arsenal. We have Nigeria players in La Liga and etc. Wetin concern us with US elections. Take that to USMNT website.
Do you see us talking about the English FA or South Africa FA on CE?

No because we have no interest.

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...say what you like US soccer is here to stay, on CE. You dn't like it, go to Arsenal or Messi forum :thumbs:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:We have Nigeria players at Arsenal. We have Nigeria players in La Liga and etc. Wetin concern us with US elections. Take that to USMNT website.

especially when your FA cant qualify your National Team to world cup

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

jette1 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:We have Nigeria players at Arsenal. We have Nigeria players in La Liga and etc. Wetin concern us with US elections. Take that to USMNT website.

especially when your FA cant qualify your National Team to world cup

Hahaha. Bros it's like you forgot 2006 ever existed...or has the Nigerian FA"been" qualifying the Super Eagles to the WC every year?

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

So Ike Opara, Maurice Edu, Oguchi Onyewu, Fatai Alashe, Matthew Olosunde, Ayo Akinoola don't exist eh? Those seem like Nigerian players with the US National team(at various levels).

Also

Is this not about the English FA
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=142641&start=46

My friend shut up dat your smelly mout jor!!!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Prince wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

We need a cut off point
:rotf: craze man.

Don't worry, I've submitted your name to ICE if you ever try to cime this way.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:rotf: :rotf:
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

So Bret-Hart is the new USA Federation president? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bret-Hart will take them nowhere near the World cup ever again!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote: This is Cyber eagles. Home of Nigerian football.

Didn't I ask this same question or said the same thing several times before and I was attacked by some people? Those people know who they are, I just won't call their names.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:

Didn't I ask this same question or said the same thing several times before and I was attacked by some people? Those people know who they are, I just won't call their names.
Odas,

But is Cybereagles home of Nigerian football?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Undertaker wrote:So Bret-Hart is the new USA Federation president? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bret-Hart will take them nowhere near the World cup ever again!
I thought he was a wrestler or something :taunt:

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
Odas wrote:

Odas,

What does the top of the page say?

:lol: :lol:

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Odas wrote:

Odas,

I dey ask oo. If it is, why do we then have Arsenal stuff, Real Madrid, Manchester United on this site? You can't have those and deny discussion on USA or any other country or club. If we want to keep it Nigerian then there should not be any place for all those mentioned above.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Odas wrote:

Odas,

I dey ask oo. If it is, why do we then have Arsenal stuff, Real Madrid, Manchester United on this site? You can't have those and deny discussion on USA or any other country or club. If we want to keep it Nigerian then there should not be any place for all those mentioned above.
Alex Iwobi plays for Arsenal.

We have Nigerian players that play against Real Madrid, Manure and etc.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Odas wrote:

Odas,

Alex Iwobi plays for Arsenal.

We have Nigerian players that play against Real Madrid, Manure and etc.
There are USA players who play in the MLS if you have been watching, bro. Thus, that argument does not fly.