[TBL] Newcastle (1-0) Man United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Newcastle (1-0) Man United

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:Am not surprised and will not be surprised if this United team misses out on top 4, the only way that will not happen is that the teams behind keep throwing away easy points faster.

The game at Etihad should be all about avoiding embarrassment because City will have no pressure at all and Pep will send them out to inflict the most humiliating defeat ever.

I hope United surprises me and does better in Champions League.
United should not be in top 4. Its an indictment on teams like Chelsea, Pool and Spurs.

United plays like a parody. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
True.

The question then becomes....why is United in such a mess? This isn't usual for a Mourinho side in it's second season. Forget the trophies...usually in season two, you see Mourinho's sides with a very strong identity.
The problem is evident. 3 things:

1. United is a very poorly coached team. They have no pattern and no strategy. Yes, they can claim that their system is counter-attack, but their own kind of counter-attack is the outdated one. You simply cant live and die by, "get the ball--hit it-- and everyone run."

2. United suffer when pressed because they dont have a lot of players who are good on the ball. And Mourinho (has even publicly) admitted to not giving a toss about possession. In modern day football, you need to be able to hold the ball when necessary and play out when pressed. When you have a player like Lingard as your attacking midfielder, you are in big trouble. He passes like he is taking a shot! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. They play like its a training session. 0 intensity! You cant win at this level playing like that, sorry! Mourinho always complains about that, but its the same thing every game. he needs to look at himself! The player's mirror their coach!
Man U's next league game will be Chelsea.
Liverpool follows soon after that.
It will be an interesting end to the season, above everything else the players must at least show signs of being serious, especially given that most of them must be the highest paid in the league.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:I am watching Liverpool now , i see how they score with ease,it just comes naturally. I watch City, they work their way to the goal with ease. Even the opppsition os defending you know it is a matter of time. But when i watch United...seriously i have no idea what they are trying to do in the 3rd quarter...they just appear to huff and huff and huff...they puff a bit and then more huffing.
they also concede...with ease

you said that after the swansea game
That is not the point ....i am talking about scoring goals. Hence i mentioned more than one team..heck even Spurs are a delight to watch.when they.head.towards goal. With United everything is forced, that beauty of a quality build up is lacking.
Huh?? Even Spurs? Excusez moi? Did you just say even Spurs.. Hmm that is our culture. Attack...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

mcal wrote:...I think United have ego problem afflicting the team right now. After Sanchez big money move, Pogba wants his own hiked too, all that translate to horrible playing on the field..
do you have any sources for this besides your imagination?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:
mcal wrote:...I think United have ego problem afflicting the team right now. After Sanchez big money move, Pogba wants his own hiked too, all that translate to horrible playing on the field..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:I am watching Liverpool now , i see how they score with ease,it just comes naturally. I watch City, they work their way to the goal with ease. Even the opppsition os defending you know it is a matter of time. But when i watch United...seriously i have no idea what they are trying to do in the 3rd quarter...they just appear to huff and huff and huff...they puff a bit and then more huffing.

That is not the point ....i am talking about scoring goals. Hence i mentioned more than one team..heck even Spurs are a delight to watch.when they.head.towards goal. With United everything is forced, that beauty of a quality build up is lacking.
Huh?? Even Spurs? Excusez moi? Did you just say even Spurs.. Hmm that is our culture. Attack...
Abeg i would rather watch Spurs than a bunch huffing and puffing red devils who no longer know how to breathe fire! Have you seen a baby dragon huff and huff while trying to breathe fire...that is the picture of your team these days...huff and puff...every match is the same huff and puff.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:

Abeg i would rather watch Spurs than a bunch huffing and puffing red devils who no longer know how to breathe fire! Have you seen a baby dragon huff and huff while trying to breathe fire...that is the picture of your team these days...huff and puff...every match is the same huff and puff.
:blink:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

smartbrother wrote:
...you go wait tire for your maggi sources, rather take your tongue count your teeth :biggrin: :biggrin:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:Am not surprised and will not be surprised if this United team misses out on top 4, the only way that will not happen is that the teams behind keep throwing away easy points faster.

The game at Etihad should be all about avoiding embarrassment because City will have no pressure at all and Pep will send them out to inflict the most humiliating defeat ever.

United should not be in top 4. Its an indictment on teams like Chelsea, Pool and Spurs.

True.

The question then becomes....why is United in such a mess? This isn't usual for a Mourinho side in it's second season. Forget the trophies...usually in season two, you see Mourinho's sides with a very strong identity.

1. United is a very poorly coached team. They have no pattern and no strategy. Yes, they can claim that their system is counter-attack, but their own kind of counter-attack is the outdated one. You simply cant live and die by, "get the ball--hit it-- and everyone run."

2. United suffer when pressed because they dont have a lot of players who are good on the ball. And Mourinho (has even publicly) admitted to not giving a toss about possession. In modern day football, you need to be able to hold the ball when necessary and play out when pressed. When you have a player like Lingard as your attacking midfielder, you are in big trouble. He passes like he is taking a shot! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. They play like its a training session. 0 intensity! You cant win at this level playing like that, sorry! Mourinho always complains about that, but its the same thing every game. he needs to look at himself! The player's mirror their coach!
Man U's next league game will be Chelsea.
Liverpool follows soon after that.
It will be an interesting end to the season, above everything else the players must at least show signs of being serious, especially given that most of them must be the highest paid in the league.

Completely agree. Its an indictment on Klopp/LFC especially that United is second and they have not been able to challenge.

The gap between LFC and City is not 18pts or whatever it is. It is more a reflection of failures at LFC, both in transfer policy and on-field decisions...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

danfo driver wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Globero wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:

No blame Oloye. It is hard to remember whether Spuds have 3, 4, 4-and-half, or 5 fans on the CE.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Chasing the game vs Relegation candidates, KevAint DeBruyne yanked. Once again. If not mistaken, one stated, early doors, that Prominent Pogba would not make the Team of Year. 12 or so games to go. I'll have one of those cigars Mr Smith. John Hamnibal Smith.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Globero wrote:
oloye wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:

No blame Oloye. It is hard to remember whether Spuds have 3, 4, 4-and-half, or 5 fans on the CE.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Is that all you got?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:Chasing the game vs Relegation candidates, KevAint DeBruyne yanked. Once again. If not mistaken, one stated, early doors, that Prominent Pogba would not make the Team of Year. 12 or so games to go. I'll have one of those cigars Mr Smith. John Hamnibal Smith.
Not the player, but the manager.

Desperate for a quick revival post SAF, ManUre choose a manager who is not a philosophical fit...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

... the Old Trafford manager's mood might have darkened further if he heard Jamaal Lascelles, captain of the victorious home side, compare the St. James' Park unfavourably with Arsenal.

"I don't think they turned up today," said Lascelles, in response to a question about Newcastle's performance. "When you play against Arsenal and Manchester City you can really see their quality and, if you make one mistake or lack concentration, a goal will go in. Today I don't think they were at it, from the start of the game."

Ouch. It is one thing for United to be told by a player -- from a team that clambered their way out of the relegation zone with this victory -- that you're no good, but less threatening than Arsenal? That really stings...
http://kwese.espn.com/football/blog/the ... ear-factor

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

pajimoh wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Globero wrote: :blink:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Is that all you got?
Don't worry, you are one of the WHOLE members. The half members know themselves :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

True.

Theifco, your apprentice is abandoning ship oh... Go slap some sense into him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps. how come you no invite me to come watch this game like the arsenal game too?
#(fillintheblank) :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

smartbrother wrote:
:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
... the Old Trafford manager's mood might have darkened further if he heard Jamaal Lascelles, captain of the victorious home side, compare the St. James' Park unfavourably with Arsenal.

"I don't think they turned up today," said Lascelles, in response to a question about Newcastle's performance. "When you play against Arsenal and Manchester City you can really see their quality and, if you make one mistake or lack concentration, a goal will go in. Today I don't think they were at it, from the start of the game."

Ouch. It is one thing for United to be told by a player -- from a team that clambered their way out of the relegation zone with this victory -- that you're no good, but less threatening than Arsenal? That really stings...
http://kwese.espn.com/football/blog/the ... ear-factor

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Dayuuuum :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

There are growing issues behind the scenes at united, that we are still 2nd shows how poor the league is
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. MentalAlbrighton, Do you think Marc Albrighton has the caliber to play at the world cup? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

True.

Theifco, your apprentice is abandoning ship oh... Go slap some sense into him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps. how come you no invite me to come watch this game like the arsenal game too?
#(fillintheblank) :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I've said this before and will say it again.
Mourinho is clueless when it comes to offense, he mainly knows how to park the bus
while hoping someone on his team scores. That is why he loves to stress defense to all
the talents he acquires, which in turn ruins their offensive abilities.
How can the current ManU roster not be able to average three goals a game?
And to add to what platinum said earlier, Mourinho's ManU does not transition to offense
quick enough to claim the team relies on counter attack. The defensive option is simply
too ingrained and suppresses any attempt to attack.

The only comfort ManU fans can rest and be assured of, is that the team, with Maurinho in charge,
should have no fear of relegation. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges