Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 20647
Location: Ukwuani
Tobi17 wrote:
The earlier people realize Magnet is done and move on, the better for them... and all this talk of inexperience is utterly baseless, the likes of Nacho, Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyekuru, Ebuehi, Simon, Ezenwa, Uzoho, Troost etc will be making their world cup debuts, and may more than likely outshine the so called experienced stars... an inexperienced Uzoho or Ezenwa might make world class players like a Messi, Neymar, Suarez etc look like Sunday school league players... it's all a game of variables, gotta try out these guys by giving them the opportunity to prove themselves... we will certainly not win the world cup(even making the QF will be a bonus), but the key thing to consider here is the experience our boys will get in Russia ahead of the future world cups to come. We don't need Enyeama whose reflex by now won't be the same as it was few years back, but if he is selected and goes ahead to prove us wrong with his good old self when he was world class, then I guess we would eat our humble pies.

KPAM! Thank you - Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36189
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
The earlier people realize Magnet is done and move on, the better for them... and all this talk of inexperience is utterly baseless, the likes of Nacho, Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyekuru, Ebuehi, Simon, Ezenwa, Uzoho, Troost etc will be making their world cup debuts, and may more than likely outshine the so called experienced stars... an inexperienced Uzoho or Ezenwa might make world class players like a Messi, Neymar, Suarez etc look like Sunday school league players... it's all a game of variables, gotta try out these guys by giving them the opportunity to prove themselves... we will certainly not win the world cup(even making the QF will be a bonus), but the key thing to consider here is the experience our boys will get in Russia ahead of the future world cups to come.
You are simply relying on luck here.
'Inexperience' is baseless?
Why don't we or other nations take our talented U23 teams if inexperience is so baseless?
Our team is hardly any older as it is and you are still discounting experience?

Quote:
We don't need Enyeama whose reflex by now won't be the same as it was few years back, but if he is selected and goes ahead to prove us wrong with his good old self when he was world class, then I guess we would eat our humble pies.
A few years back he was in the top bracket of the world's goalkeepers.
So even if he is no longer in that bracket, that makes him useless?
Which bracket have Ezenwa and Uzoho entered that makes them automatic choices ahead of Enyeama becos he isnt what he was "a few years ago"?
Is Cech what he was a few years ago? Claudio Bravo nko? Mignola?

The point is players can be dropped due to injury or loss of top form or even someone proven to be better coming along, but it doesn't suddenly make then worse than an Ezenwa or a 20 yr old rookie with 45mins international experience and 270 minutes league experience.
God help us! :idea:


We will likely be the youngest team in the tourney, if you look at all the serious teams that will actually make a mark at the WC they understand the value of experience and only sprinkle in a few exceptional/talented inexperienced ones. When you think about Brazil had Ronaldo in 1994 but only took him to see the sights and relied on the experienced players to win the world cup. Nigeria is one of those countries that doesn't value it and wonder why we never make a mark. But Pinnick gets it, that's why he's saying this team is being groomed for 2022, but knowing Nigerians mentality there will be very few holdovers from this WC and we'll likely blow up the team and 'rebuild' before then.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15573
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
The earlier people realize Magnet is done and move on, the better for them... and all this talk of inexperience is utterly baseless, the likes of Nacho, Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyekuru, Ebuehi, Simon, Ezenwa, Uzoho, Troost etc will be making their world cup debuts, and may more than likely outshine the so called experienced stars... an inexperienced Uzoho or Ezenwa might make world class players like a Messi, Neymar, Suarez etc look like Sunday school league players... it's all a game of variables, gotta try out these guys by giving them the opportunity to prove themselves... we will certainly not win the world cup(even making the QF will be a bonus), but the key thing to consider here is the experience our boys will get in Russia ahead of the future world cups to come.
You are simply relying on luck here.
'Inexperience' is baseless?
Why don't we or other nations take our talented U23 teams if inexperience is so baseless?
Our team is hardly any older as it is and you are still discounting experience?

Quote:
We don't need Enyeama whose reflex by now won't be the same as it was few years back, but if he is selected and goes ahead to prove us wrong with his good old self when he was world class, then I guess we would eat our humble pies.
A few years back he was in the top bracket of the world's goalkeepers.
So even if he is no longer in that bracket, that makes him useless?
Which bracket have Ezenwa and Uzoho entered that makes them automatic choices ahead of Enyeama becos he isnt what he was "a few years ago"?
Is Cech what he was a few years ago? Claudio Bravo nko? Mignola?

The point is players can be dropped due to injury or loss of top form or even someone proven to be better coming along, but it doesn't suddenly make then worse than an Ezenwa or a 20 yr old rookie with 45mins international experience and 270 minutes league experience.
God help us! :idea:



Than you jare.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36887
Location: UK
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
The earlier people realize Magnet is done and move on, the better for them... and all this talk of inexperience is utterly baseless, the likes of Nacho, Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyekuru, Ebuehi, Simon, Ezenwa, Uzoho, Troost etc will be making their world cup debuts, and may more than likely outshine the so called experienced stars... an inexperienced Uzoho or Ezenwa might make world class players like a Messi, Neymar, Suarez etc look like Sunday school league players... it's all a game of variables, gotta try out these guys by giving them the opportunity to prove themselves... we will certainly not win the world cup(even making the QF will be a bonus), but the key thing to consider here is the experience our boys will get in Russia ahead of the future world cups to come.
You are simply relying on luck here.
'Inexperience' is baseless?
Why don't we or other nations take our talented U23 teams if inexperience is so baseless?
Our team is hardly any older as it is and you are still discounting experience?

Quote:
We don't need Enyeama whose reflex by now won't be the same as it was few years back, but if he is selected and goes ahead to prove us wrong with his good old self when he was world class, then I guess we would eat our humble pies.
A few years back he was in the top bracket of the world's goalkeepers.
So even if he is no longer in that bracket, that makes him useless?
Which bracket have Ezenwa and Uzoho entered that makes them automatic choices ahead of Enyeama becos he isnt what he was "a few years ago"?
Is Cech what he was a few years ago? Claudio Bravo nko? Mignola?

The point is players can be dropped due to injury or loss of top form or even someone proven to be better coming along, but it doesn't suddenly make then worse than an Ezenwa or a 20 yr old rookie with 45mins international experience and 270 minutes league experience.
God help us! :idea:


We will likely be the youngest team in the tourney, if you look at all the serious teams that will actually make a mark at the WC they understand the value of experience and only sprinkle in a few exceptional/talented inexperienced ones. When you think about Brazil had Ronaldo in 1994 but only took him to see the sights and relied on the experienced players to win the world cup. Nigeria is one of those countries that doesn't value it and wonder why we never make a mark. But Pinnick gets it, that's why he's saying this team is being groomed for 2022, but knowing Nigerians mentality there will be very few holdovers from this WC and we'll likely blow up the team and 'rebuild' before then.
You know our people too well.
All those campaigning for these spring chickens to represent in large numbers on the biggest football stage of all will not remember their campaign if and when things begin to fall apart.
There needs to be a few respected 'been there, done that' leaders in key areas of the team.

No matter how talented, the Ndidi's, Kelechis and Iwobi's of the team need a few egbons to look up to when the going gets tough, as they inevitably will.

Meanwhile, I pity the likes of Ezenwa if God forbid he flaps at a cross and the end result is a goal. Or he rushes out like a headless chicken and brings down a striker to cause a penalty. Or Uzoho stays rooted on his line instead of coming out to claim a cross, end result being a goal conceded.

The crucifixion go make even Jesus Christ cry out say weytin. :lol:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5251
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
I strongly recommend everyone hold their peace until the man that matters -Rohr- releases his list for the March friendlies. Even then, there will be a further finalized list for the May/June matches ahead of the World Cup. Anything can happen before then. Let's just wait on Herr Rohr and the likely March 7 release date.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 15573
Obong wrote:
I strongly recommend everyone hold their peace until the man that matters -Rohr- releases his list for the March friendlies. Even then, there will be a further finalized list for the May/June matches ahead of the World Cup. Anything can happen before then. Let's just wait on Herr Rohr and the likely March 7 release date.


If Rohr’s ambition is to go further than we ever have then he has no choice but to invite Enyeama to camp starting with his first list in March. The GK position is actually very easy to predict.

1, Vince Magnificent Enyeama
2, Francis Small boy Uzoho
3, Wod cup Enzenwa

That’s it! Every other goalie has no chance whatsoever unless we’re back to the days of opening camp to fight for shirts.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5330
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
Where is Emmanuel Daniel? After his great Olympics, he was nowhere to be found.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 24094
Location: Ikeja
Undertaker wrote:
WE DON'T NEED ENYEAMA..................... HE IS RETIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U dey mind CE people.

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 5251
Location: Akwa Ibom. Lagos. Dallas.
Ugbowo wrote:
Where is Emmanuel Daniel? After his great Olympics, he was nowhere to be found.


Ugbowo, he's with Orlando Pirates and has reportedly not been getting playing time.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/nigeria- ... 7ele47tewu

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 1183
Lol maybe when the WC list is finally released and Enyeama isn't included, then reality will set in for some people.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9117
Tobi17 wrote:
Lol maybe when the WC list is finally released and Enyeama isn't included, then reality will set in for some people.



Maceo go just commit suicide. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36189
Location: Land of the Terrapins
danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Lol maybe when the WC list is finally released and Enyeama isn't included, then reality will set in for some people.



Maceo go just commit suicide. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


:rotf: :rotf: is that what you wish for me? God forbid, good thing is I got new clients, Iwobi will be there, I will be overjoyed.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9117
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Lol maybe when the WC list is finally released and Enyeama isn't included, then reality will set in for some people.



Maceo go just commit suicide. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


:rotf: :rotf: is that what you wish for me? God forbid, good thing is I got new clients, Iwobi will be there, I will be overjoyed.


God forbid bad thing.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:57 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36887
Location: UK
Tobi17 wrote:
Lol maybe when the WC list is finally released and Enyeama isn't included, then reality will set in for some people.
Or vice versa.
It works both ways. Will u be able to handle it?
Or you don't think so? :taunt:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:22 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 19786
Location: Canada
The issue is not the age of the team nor experience here. It is about clamoring for a player who hasn't played a game in a year, retired from the team, has just recovered from injury and is likely not match fit, then putting him ahead of the current keepers we have out of pure nostalgia. Something about how he was years ago. It's against the spirit of competition, fairness, sportsmanship and reasonable deduction.

Rohr already made clear his requirements for Enyeama, so far he hasn't fulfilled them. Meet Enyeama where he's at if you really care, for him to get a game and then a run of games.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36189
Location: Land of the Terrapins
felarey wrote:
The issue is not the age of the team nor experience here. It is about clamoring for a player who hasn't played a game in a year, retired from the team, has just recovered from injury and is likely not match fit, then putting him ahead of the current keepers we have out of pure nostalgia. Something about how he was years ago. It's against the spirit of competition, fairness, sportsmanship and reasonable deduction.

Rohr already made clear his requirements for Enyeama, so far he hasn't fulfilled them. Meet Enyeama where he's at if you really care, for him to get a game and then a run of games.


Yep end of story, probably didn’t want to take any sort of pay cut to move to Angers, so it’s understandable but if Rohr is true to his word then the door should be shut unless he suddenly starts getting PT at Lille.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36887
Location: UK
felarey wrote:
The issue is not the age of the team nor experience here.
Of course it is the issue.
No-one would be clamouring for Enyeama if he didnt have both experience AND the ability.

Quote:
It is about clamoring for a player who hasn't played a game in a year, retired from the team, has just recovered from injury and is likely not match fit, then putting him ahead of the current keepers we have out of pure nostalgia.
This is also the issue and I doubt you will find anyone clamouring for him to get an automatic shirt. The vast majority are saying we should push for him to be put under Rohr's microscope and if, despite everything, he turns out to be better than what we have, then he should be on the plane. Simple.

The argument keeps going becos there are those saying he has retired and 'abandoned' the national team and then there are those who believe that no matter what, no way can he be better than what we have if he isn't making first team appearances for his club.

That should be left to Rohr to decide.
Point is, if our keepers are bad they are bad.
Unfortunate, but if that is Rohr's assessment, so be it.


Quote:
Something about how he was years ago. It's against the spirit of competition, fairness, sportsmanship and reasonable deduction.
That's all sentiment and sentiment doesn't win games.

Players are competitive and want to WIN. They know the score and club football teaches them that the 'monkey dey work, baboon dey chop' rule applies every season and half-season when new signings are brought into even trophy-winning squads. Its the name of the game.

If it turns out tomorrow that a De Gea is really a Nigerian and hasn't played for any other country and wants to play for Nigeria for whatever reason, I can assure you that the players will welcome him with open arms.
Who no like better ting?

Quote:
Rohr already made clear his requirements for Enyeama, so far he hasn't fulfilled them. Meet Enyeama where he's at if you really care, for him to get a game and then a run of games.
Exactly. But we also know that if Rohr finds himself in a desperate situation (eg, his keepers are just not good enough or not ready) be sure that Rohr will make an exception.
After all, Uzoho isn't playing first team football, so what makes him an exception?
His youth?

Rohr wants to win and will make his decisions regardless of what we think and what he might have said in the past.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:48 pm
Posts: 21698
If coach exclude Enyeama then he's confident that Ezenwa is good enough. Regardless I'll support super Eagles.

_________________
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 36887
Location: UK
mastermind wrote:
If coach exclude Enyeama then he's confident that Ezenwa is good enough. Regardless I'll support super Eagles.
We have no choice.
But I know the feeling I will get in my stomach if we lose crucial games due to basic goalkeeping errors.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 1183
Damunk wrote:
mastermind wrote:
If coach exclude Enyeama then he's confident that Ezenwa is good enough. Regardless I'll support super Eagles.
We have no choice.
But I know the feeling I will get in my stomach if we lose crucial games due to basic goalkeeping errors.

What makes you so confident Enyeama would be nearly as infallible as you imagine he will be?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36189
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mastermind wrote:
If coach exclude Enyeama then he's confident that Ezenwa is good enough. Regardless I'll support super Eagles.
We have no choice.
But I know the feeling I will get in my stomach if we lose crucial games due to basic goalkeeping errors.

What makes you so confident Enyeama would be nearly as infallible as you imagine he will be?


See this is the type of questions I hate. They do nothing to further the real discussion as it’s super clear that a fit Vince would be better than the other options based on what we currently have. If you want to make the argument that he retired from the NT or he has been injured etc then fine, but form is temporary and class is permanent and we KNOW his class, why question it? That’s when it starts sounding like there are ulterior motives.

Whether he goes or not I’m just in favor of taking the best hands, but I trust Rohrs judgment in the matter. But questioning his class is just disrespectful to a seasoned professional who has proven his class over time. It’s like Messi recovering from injury after reversing his retirement no one would question giving him a chance simply because he’s made mistakes in the past missed PKs and hasn’t won them anything. They know his class and the gulf between him and the other options.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9117
maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mastermind wrote:
If coach exclude Enyeama then he's confident that Ezenwa is good enough. Regardless I'll support super Eagles.
We have no choice.
But I know the feeling I will get in my stomach if we lose crucial games due to basic goalkeeping errors.

What makes you so confident Enyeama would be nearly as infallible as you imagine he will be?


See this is the type of questions I hate. They do nothing to further the real discussion as it’s super clear that a fit Vince would be better than the other options based on what we currently have. If you want to make the argument that he retired from the NT or he has been injured etc then fine, but form is temporary and class is permanent and we KNOW his class, why question it? That’s when it starts sounding like there are ulterior motives.

Whether he goes or not I’m just in favor of taking the best hands, but I trust Rohrs judgment in the matter. But questioning his class is just disrespectful to a seasoned professional who has proven his class over time. It’s like Messi recovering from injury after reversing his retirement no one would question giving him a chance simply because he’s made mistakes in the past missed PKs and hasn’t won them anything. They know his class and the gulf between him and the other options.


But I think his question is legitimate. What makes you think a fit Vince will be infallible. You haven't seen Enyeama play in more than a year! You are basing your analysis on what you saw more than ONE YEAR AGO! Do you know what injury and time out and old age does to a player?

And the statement -- 'Form is temporary and class is permanent" is a nonsensical cliche! We all know Petr Cech, his history. How is his "permanent class" treating him these days?

And Enyeama is NOT on the level of Messi. Not even close to being on the level of Messi's left butt-cheek!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Enyeama nko?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36189
Location: Land of the Terrapins
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mastermind wrote:
If coach exclude Enyeama then he's confident that Ezenwa is good enough. Regardless I'll support super Eagles.
We have no choice.
But I know the feeling I will get in my stomach if we lose crucial games due to basic goalkeeping errors.

What makes you so confident Enyeama would be nearly as infallible as you imagine he will be?


See this is the type of questions I hate. They do nothing to further the real discussion as it’s super clear that a fit Vince would be better than the other options based on what we currently have. If you want to make the argument that he retired from the NT or he has been injured etc then fine, but form is temporary and class is permanent and we KNOW his class, why question it? That’s when it starts sounding like there are ulterior motives.

Whether he goes or not I’m just in favor of taking the best hands, but I trust Rohrs judgment in the matter. But questioning his class is just disrespectful to a seasoned professional who has proven his class over time. It’s like Messi recovering from injury after reversing his retirement no one would question giving him a chance simply because he’s made mistakes in the past missed PKs and hasn’t won them anything. They know his class and the gulf between him and the other options.


But I think his question is legitimate. What makes you think a fit Vince will be infallible. You haven't seen Enyeama play in more than a year! You are basing your analysis on what you saw more than ONE YEAR AGO! Do you know what injury and time out and old age does to a player?

And the statement -- 'Form is temporary and class is permanent" is a nonsensical cliche! We all know Petr Cech, his history. How is his "permanent class" treating him these days?

And Enyeama is NOT on the level of Messi. Not even close to being on the level of Messi's left butt-cheek!


It is an irrelevant question because its not about whether he is infallible as he is a human being and CAN make mistakes so such a question is rather pointless. The real question should be is he our best option at GK and given his pedigree and experience, it would be an obvious yes.

Also I like how everybody is ignoring his recent cup game start where he saved a PK and acting like he hasn't played in over a year. The World Cup is not tomorrow, its months away and he's already started getting games and could possible get more going forward. I trust Rohr to do what is best for the team and will support the team whatever decision he makes, but I just hate these kind of irrelevant questions.

As far as the gulf between Enyeama and the other GK's available, it is like that of Messi compared to his replacements in the Argentine team - that's my opinion which I'm sure you'll disagree with.

PS: As far as your previous 'trouble maker' tag, we have now seen (again I might add) Oliseh's man management or lack thereof at play as it has now reared its ugly head. But hey, you've suddenly stayed away from any such threads, guess ignorance is bliss...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adisboy, bret- hart, captain eb, Google [Bot], ikeo, trae_z and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group