Enyeama nko?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Enyeama nko?

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The last competitive game which we did not commit major goalkeeping blunders was against Zambia in Zambia with Ikeme in goal. Had those games been against the likes of Argentina or Croatia we wouldn’t have qualified for the wc. You guys are all corrupted agents trying to make $ off Enzenwa and Uzoho by throwing them all in the deep end. Shame on you all. :boo:
With all due respect, you are blind and you may not know it. Didn't Ikeme conceed against Zambia in Zambia? Who kept for Nigeria against Zambia Uyo and didn't conceded? Enzenwa! Wait a minute, is your plan to have Enyeama keep for Nigeria until he is 90yrs? Everyone eventually retires.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Enyeama's response..... :thumbs:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

A sick Enyeama is still better than all of them. The fear of Messi is the beginning of wisdom. All these goalies are not good enough or experienced enough for the big dance.

Enyeama has been going to WC and ANC since 2002, he's experienced enough to lead the team from the goalpost in Russia even with the so-called lack of action.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mastermind wrote:A sick Enyeama is still better than all of them. The fear of Messi is the beginning of wisdom. All these goalies are not good enough or experienced enough for the big dance.

Enyeama has been going to WC and ANC since 2002, he's experienced enough to lead the team from the goalpost in Russia even with the so-called lack of action.
And Nigeria has been winning every World Cup and QUALIFYING FOR and winning every ANC since 2002. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

danfo driver wrote:
mastermind wrote:A sick Enyeama is still better than all of them. The fear of Messi is the beginning of wisdom. All these goalies are not good enough or experienced enough for the big dance.

And Nigeria has been winning every World Cup and QUALIFYING FOR and winning every ANC since 2002. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bros, as long as Enyema is manning our post we don't even need to field 11 players victory is surely ours;
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bully12 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Bros, as long as Enyema is manning our post we don't even need to field 11 players victory is surely ours;

Na so we see am o! :clap: :clap: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

People like Kongi still want to dwell in caves. He's resistant to change. He doesn't actually know the condition of Enyeama, he only knows he has to call his name based on his past deeds.
The same change resistant disease that affected a lot of people who refused to accept Okocha and Kanu retired bit kept calling for them everytime results go against the SE

Kongi Jaffa Cake, live with it. The era of the magnet is done
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

bully12 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Like victory was ours against France, abi? - and even then Enyeama was in better condition than now.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

[/video]
World Cup is where world class players come to showcase their talent. Enyeama alone cannot win world Cup and we cannot blame our lack of world Cup win on Enyeama.

In world Cup, good goalie is necessary, it's a must. Making it to QF or SF is an achievement. It took Germany many tries even with their world class everything to win it all. They failed couple of times until Brazil.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mastermind wrote:[/video]
World Cup is where world class players come to showcase their talent. Enyeama alone cannot win world Cup and we cannot blame our lack of world Cup win on Enyeama.

In world Cup, good goalie is necessary, it's a must. Making it to QF or SF is an achievement. It took Germany many tries even with their world class everything to win it all. They failed couple of times until Brazil.

Thats actually a lie. A significant number of the players who go to the world cup are NOT world class... and a large number are actually very poor footballers.

A world cup is where a country that qualified tries to win the trophy! simple as that!

You can go and watch Lille training sessions. There, you can find your client. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Dam* we are in serious trouble. Our GK options are:

Enyeama - has not played in about a year
Akpeyi - dodgy
Ezenwa - better than Akpeyi (but that is not saying a lot)
Alampasu - untried
Uzoho - promising but inexperienced (his entire career consists of a grand total of 2.5 professional senior games). As a young teenage GK he will make mistakes (just like DDG and Casillas did early in their careers).
Nwokolor - bench warmer
Osigwe - actually gets a game every week in the Swiss league.

We had better to be ready to win games 5-4 if we want to get out of that group.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

wiseone wrote:Dam* we are in serious trouble. Our Gk options are:

Enyeama - had not played in about a year
Akpeyi - dodgy
Ezenwa - better than Akpeyi (but that is not saying a lot)
Alampasu - untried
Uzoho - promising but inexperienced (his entire career consists of a grand total of 2.5 professional senior games). As a young teenage GK he will make mistakes (just like DDG and Casillas did early in their careers).
Nwokolor - bench warmer
Osigwe - actually gets a game every week in the Swiss league.

We had better to be ready to win games 5-4 if we want to get out of that group.
That why I am happy with the friendlies lined up- especially the polish and English ones-will definitely expose the 3 keepers - there will be genuine inexperience mistakes (Uzoho) – there will also be laughable experienced mistakes to be expected from Ezenwa and Akpeyi
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:Maceo, any update? :D
This guy, you know I've been busy working on my 'client' Iwobi, making sure he moves from a probable to a definite. Stop trying to derail God's work, haba! :curse: :veryangry:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
This guy, you know I've been busy working on my 'client' Iwobi, making sure he moves from a probable to a definite. Stop trying to derail God's work, haba! :curse: :veryangry:
I know some people like to reap what they did not sow. Especially Nigerians. But this is Iwobi's real agent here. The people who suffered to get him where he is today.

http://www.basesoccer.com/

I guess money has dried from Enyeama and Ideye. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
I know some people like to reap what they did not sow. Especially Nigerians. But this is Iwobi's real agent here. The people who suffered to get him where he is today.

Bruh, I'm the agent abi? How are you gonna tell me 'the agent' who I represent? Bruh, you need to chill, seriously, stop trying to come in between me and my client(s). Abi you want a cut? :???: Let me talk to Alex and see what we can do. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Enyeam don vex o..bobo want to go to World Cup. He has intensified his training.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Bruh, I'm the agent abi? How are you gonna tell me 'the agent' who I represent? Bruh, you need to chill, seriously, stop trying to come in between me and my client(s). Abi you want a cut? :???: Let me talk to Alex and see what we can do. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

sureeeeee... Poor Enyeama and Ideye. You don chpp their money run! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

sureeeeee... Poor Enyeama and Ideye. You don chpp their money run! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
What business is it of yours? Abi don't you hate them? Always praying for their downfall so I had to oblige...your cut is waiting for you... :dream: :dream:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The earlier people realize Magnet is done and move on, the better for them... and all this talk of inexperience is utterly baseless, the likes of Nacho, Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyekuru, Ebuehi, Simon, Ezenwa, Uzoho, Troost etc will be making their world cup debuts, and may more than likely outshine the so called experienced stars... an inexperienced Uzoho or Ezenwa might make world class players like a Messi, Neymar, Suarez etc look like Sunday school league players... it's all a game of variables, gotta try out these guys by giving them the opportunity to prove themselves... we will certainly not win the world cup(even making the QF will be a bonus), but the key thing to consider here is the experience our boys will get in Russia ahead of the future world cups to come. We don't need Enyeama whose reflex by now won't be the same as it was few years back, but if he is selected and goes ahead to prove us wrong with his good old self when he was world class, then I guess we would eat our humble pies.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:No Nigerian keeper is really doing the business this seasn, TBH, that is why Uzoho with a couple of La Liga starts is pretty much guaranteed one of the 3 places in Russia.

It is up to the coaching crew at this point.

I think Ezenwa has nicked one of the 3 spots as well. He started 4 of our WCQs with 2 wins and 2 draws (with 1 now technically a loss) and he had a good CHAN. He is not the best home based keeper, but he has not hurt his chances in over 2 years with the SE (main & CHAN). Yes, he can be erratic and as the Algeria (away) game showed, he still struggles with some aspects of the game (crosses, decision making under pressure etc), but he is a good shot stopper, and with Ikeme absent, I think he has just about done enough to secure a spot as well.

It is also obvious that the crew know this is probably the the only position where we still have some issues (I'd add the targetman to hold up play, but I don't want Danfo Driver to stab someone in the Motor Park) :taunt: :taunt:
The approach towards the likes of Maduka Okoye confirms this. It is sad that Vince has not made a move to get regular playing time, even if at a slightly lower level, in January. I think he has earned the right to be assessed in camp, but I doubt that he is one of the best 3 options available to the team.

I just hope that as the coaching crew look at the options for March, that they consider David Nwolokor (Good young keeper in Europe whose resume is as good as Uzoho and Okoye) and Femi Thomas (had bad luck with the Kano Pillars move last season, but is back on his feet with Rangers. Top keeper in NPFL over the last 10 years)

Femi Thomas and Ezenwa were both on the squad for the 2016 CHAN, and Ezenwa was adjudged to be better by the then coaching staff, led by Sunday Oliseh. Also, in the past two seasons, he lost his starting shirt at Enyimba to Theophilus Afelokhai, necessitating a move to Rivers United where he failed to unseat the ageless Rotimi Sunday. Yet you continue to assert that he is the best goalkeeper in the NPFL. Mind you, I like Femi Thomas as well, and have been a fan going back to his Flying Eagles days. But he is not better than Ezenwa.
You & Femi Thomas eh! It is like those guys who say 'I have a lot of black friends'. :tic: :tic: You always say, I like Femi Thomas, & then you go on to bash him.

Anyway,

I don't think I mentioned Femi Thomas here, till Ikeme got injured and Enyeama retired, and people were genuinely trying to settle for Akpeyi & Alampasu as our best options.
At the time I said he had been the best keeper in the NPFL over the past decade, it was a very bold statement because:

1) He was Clubless, and there was no guarantee that he would even get a club again.
Nevertheless it was/is the truth
I will state what I have seen in the 8 years I have been spending time in Nigeria & watching the NPFL off and on.
The NPFL is very funny, and Oloye had to educate us here a few weeks back about the phenomenon of players and 1 year contracts, just to get the sign on bonus.

The circumstances of Femi Thomas being clubless at the time was because he followed Khadiri Ikhana from Enyimba to Kano Pillars & after Ikhana left Pillars, he was in limbo. Stanley Eguma brought him mid-season to help with the CAF Champions league campaign, so I don't think the talk of displacing Sunday Rotimi was on the table.

Not to bash anyone else, but Ezenwa is not the starter for FCIU, & Ajiboye was clubless 2 seasons ago (& went to the US to chill) until Boboye gave him a chance in Plateau. That is the way of the NPFL sometimes, with the 1 year contracts (which is not too binding, it seems)

This season, he is starting for Rangers, who have some of the deepest keeper pools in the NPFL (with Itodo & 2 Ghanaians).

It is all probably moot anyway, as he is not likely to be called to camp. However since his U-20 days, he has had the best resume in the NPFL, including about 4 years starting for Enyimba. Also, both he & Ezenwa are not young (hit the scene 5 years after Vince & Ejide in 2007 & over 30 I think), so it is good that we have a new crew of young keepers like Uzoho and Nwolokor emerging.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

truetalk wrote:
mystic wrote:
truetalk wrote:No Nigerian keeper is really doing the business this seasn, TBH, that is why Uzoho with a couple of La Liga starts is pretty much guaranteed one of the 3 places in Russia.

It is up to the coaching crew at this point.

I think Ezenwa has nicked one of the 3 spots as well. He started 4 of our WCQs with 2 wins and 2 draws (with 1 now technically a loss) and he had a good CHAN. He is not the best home based keeper, but he has not hurt his chances in over 2 years with the SE (main & CHAN). Yes, he can be erratic and as the Algeria (away) game showed, he still struggles with some aspects of the game (crosses, decision making under pressure etc), but he is a good shot stopper, and with Ikeme absent, I think he has just about done enough to secure a spot as well.

It is also obvious that the crew know this is probably the the only position where we still have some issues (I'd add the targetman to hold up play, but I don't want Danfo Driver to stab someone in the Motor Park) :taunt: :taunt:
The approach towards the likes of Maduka Okoye confirms this. It is sad that Vince has not made a move to get regular playing time, even if at a slightly lower level, in January. I think he has earned the right to be assessed in camp, but I doubt that he is one of the best 3 options available to the team.

I just hope that as the coaching crew look at the options for March, that they consider David Nwolokor (Good young keeper in Europe whose resume is as good as Uzoho and Okoye) and Femi Thomas (had bad luck with the Kano Pillars move last season, but is back on his feet with Rangers. Top keeper in NPFL over the last 10 years)

Femi Thomas and Ezenwa were both on the squad for the 2016 CHAN, and Ezenwa was adjudged to be better by the then coaching staff, led by Sunday Oliseh. Also, in the past two seasons, he lost his starting shirt at Enyimba to Theophilus Afelokhai, necessitating a move to Rivers United where he failed to unseat the ageless Rotimi Sunday. Yet you continue to assert that he is the best goalkeeper in the NPFL. Mind you, I like Femi Thomas as well, and have been a fan going back to his Flying Eagles days. But he is not better than Ezenwa.
You & Femi Thomas eh! It is like those guys who say 'I have a lot of black friends'. :tic: :tic: You always say, I like Femi Thomas, & then you go on to bash him.

Anyway,

I don't think I mentioned Femi Thomas here, till Ikeme got injured and Enyeama retired, and people were genuinely trying to settle for Akpeyi & Alampasu as our best options.
At the time I said he had been the best keeper in the NPFL over the past decade, it was a very bold statement because:

1) He was Clubless, and there was no guarantee that he would even get a club again.
Nevertheless it was/is the truth
I will state what I have seen in the 8 years I have been spending time in Nigeria & watching the NPFL off and on.
The NPFL is very funny, and Oloye had to educate us here a few weeks back about the phenomenon of players and 1 year contracts, just to get the sign on bonus.

The circumstances of Femi Thomas being clubless at the time was because he followed Khadiri Ikhana from Enyimba to Kano Pillars & after Ikhana left Pillars, he was in limbo. Stanley Eguma brought him mid-season to help with the CAF Champions league campaign, so I don't think the talk of displacing Sunday Rotimi was on the table.

Not to bash anyone else, but Ezenwa is not the starter for FCIU, & Ajiboye was clubless 2 seasons ago (& went to the US to chill) until Boboye gave him a chance in Plateau. That is the way of the NPFL sometimes, with the 1 year contracts (which is not too binding, it seems)

This season, he is starting for Rangers, who have some of the deepest keeper pools in the NPFL (with Itodo & 2 Ghanaians).

It is all probably moot anyway, as he is not likely to be called to camp. However since his U-20 days, he has had the best resume in the NPFL, including about 4 years starting for Enyimba. Also, both he & Ezenwa are not young (hit the scene 5 years after Vince & Ejide in 2007 & over 30 I think), so it is good that we have a new crew of young keepers like Uzoho and Nwolokor emerging.

Ok. Wanted to know the foundation of your opinion given the difficulties that Femi has faced over the past couple seasons. Two years ago, he was fantastic at Enyimba and he was my top NPFL goalkeeper (aside from Emmanuel Daniel). But I have since reassessed my position.

By the way, I have not bashed Femi Thomas at all; and I do like him. When Oliseh preferred Ezenwa over him in 2015/2016 I was surprised, because I thought that he was the better goalkeeper at the time. However, as I said earlier, my opinion has changed.

In any case I will be paying attention to his form at Enugu Rangers, where as you rightly pointed out, he's currently benching Nana Bonsu - who has been a staple in the Rangers team over the past couple of seasons.

As for David Nwokolor, I doubt that he's in the picture in any way, shape or form. He may need to leave Rijeka to continue his development.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:The earlier people realize Magnet is done and move on, the better for them... and all this talk of inexperience is utterly baseless, the likes of Nacho, Iwobi, Ndidi, Onyekuru, Ebuehi, Simon, Ezenwa, Uzoho, Troost etc will be making their world cup debuts, and may more than likely outshine the so called experienced stars... an inexperienced Uzoho or Ezenwa might make world class players like a Messi, Neymar, Suarez etc look like Sunday school league players... it's all a game of variables, gotta try out these guys by giving them the opportunity to prove themselves... we will certainly not win the world cup(even making the QF will be a bonus), but the key thing to consider here is the experience our boys will get in Russia ahead of the future world cups to come.
You are simply relying on luck here.
'Inexperience' is baseless?
Why don't we or other nations take our talented U23 teams if inexperience is so baseless?
Our team is hardly any older as it is and you are still discounting experience?
We don't need Enyeama whose reflex by now won't be the same as it was few years back, but if he is selected and goes ahead to prove us wrong with his good old self when he was world class, then I guess we would eat our humble pies.
A few years back he was in the top bracket of the world's goalkeepers.
So even if he is no longer in that bracket, that makes him useless?
Which bracket have Ezenwa and Uzoho entered that makes them automatic choices ahead of Enyeama becos he isnt what he was "a few years ago"?
Is Cech what he was a few years ago? Claudio Bravo nko? Mignola?

The point is players can be dropped due to injury or loss of top form or even someone proven to be better coming along, but it doesn't suddenly make then worse than an Ezenwa or a 20 yr old rookie with 45mins international experience and 270 minutes league experience.
God help us! :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "