Gambia's Hawks defeat Akwa Utd

.. even though they played at home.

Score was 2 to 1

https://www.flashscore.com/football/afr ... tions-cup/
Re: Gambia's Hawks defeat Akwa Utd

Our football don suffer.. Chai! I remember in 1990 when BCC was asked to represent Naija in an international friendly in Gambia, we played against the Gambian national team and we beat them. Our football don suffer....

Yujam. Akwa lost in Uyo.

Conceding 2 goals at home is tough.

They need a 2-0 or 3-2 win in Gambia to qualify. It will be tough.

I hope this won't be your Kabalega (we beat you in 1978) moment.

oloye wrote:Our football don suffer.. Chai! I remember in 1990 when BCC was asked to represent Naija in an international friendly in Gambia, we played against the Gambian national team and we beat them. Our football don suffer....
Oloye, I hope you did not add that to your national team caps?

Chief. You beat the local boys. :P
oloye wrote:Our football don suffer.. Chai! I remember in 1990 when BCC was asked to represent Naija in an international friendly in Gambia, we played against the Gambian national team and we beat them. Our football don suffer....
Senator WIRES

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol: Bum boyz beat Akwa UTD? Tufiakwa!! :shock:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC

Very disappointing. Akwa may be on the way out even though those who watched the game indicated that Akwa totally dominated affairs and should have won going away. To win 2-0 away is very difficult no matter how better you may be against a hoe team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

YUJAM wrote:Chief. You beat the local boys. :P
Na lie Yujam my bro, we played in the new glittering stadium built for you by the Chinese, it was part of your 30th independence day celebrations....it was a weekend of celebration. It was a 3 nation tournament that was meant to feature Nigeria, Equitorial Guinea and the almighty Gambia. Damn your team was being coached by the naija coach we even borrowed you that time, Coach Laloko....kai i am depressed just witnessing this shame that has become our football :mad:

You fielded your best players :lol:

truetalk wrote:
Oloye, I hope you did not add that to your national team caps?
Shattap dia..a cap is a cap whether it is facecap or abeti aja. :taunt:

Enugu II wrote:Very disappointing. Akwa may be on the way out even though those who watched the game indicated that Akwa totally dominated affairs and should have won going away. To win 2-0 away is very difficult no matter how better you may be against a hoe team.

Goalkeeping error apparently cost Akwa United on one of the goals (Olorunleke Ojo reportedly spilled a free kick). Whereas the Gambian goalkeeper was superb.

I don't want to know what the excuse is. Losing at home at this stage CC is a disgrace.

YUJAM wrote:.. even though they played at home.

Score was 2 to 1

https://www.flashscore.com/football/afr ... tions-cup/
Akwa United missed a host of chances in the first half.

At least 6 really good chances.

I just wonder if they don't coach finishing in Naija league? :?

Robotnik wrote:I don't want to know what the excuse is. Losing at home at this stage CC is a disgrace.

it is not the Champions league. There is still a 2nd leg.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

bump

Roasted Hawks

Chai, Yujam don suffer for this site.