Gambia's Hawks defeat Akwa Utd

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Gambia's Hawks defeat Akwa Utd

Post by YUJAM »

.. even though they played at home.

Score was 2 to 1

https://www.flashscore.com/football/afr ... tions-cup/
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Gambia's Hawks defeat Akwa Utd

Post by oloye »

Our football don suffer.. Chai! I remember in 1990 when BCC was asked to represent Naija in an international friendly in Gambia, we played against the Gambian national team and we beat them. Our football don suffer....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Yujam. Akwa lost in Uyo.

Conceding 2 goals at home is tough.

They need a 2-0 or 3-2 win in Gambia to qualify. It will be tough.

I hope this won't be your Kabalega (we beat you in 1978) moment.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

oloye wrote:Our football don suffer.. Chai! I remember in 1990 when BCC was asked to represent Naija in an international friendly in Gambia, we played against the Gambian national team and we beat them. Our football don suffer....
Oloye, I hope you did not add that to your national team caps?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chief. You beat the local boys. :P
oloye wrote:Our football don suffer.. Chai! I remember in 1990 when BCC was asked to represent Naija in an international friendly in Gambia, we played against the Gambian national team and we beat them. Our football don suffer....
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol: Bum boyz beat Akwa UTD? Tufiakwa!! :shock:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Very disappointing. Akwa may be on the way out even though those who watched the game indicated that Akwa totally dominated affairs and should have won going away. To win 2-0 away is very difficult no matter how better you may be against a hoe team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

YUJAM wrote:Chief. You beat the local boys. :P
Na lie Yujam my bro, we played in the new glittering stadium built for you by the Chinese, it was part of your 30th independence day celebrations....it was a weekend of celebration. It was a 3 nation tournament that was meant to feature Nigeria, Equitorial Guinea and the almighty Gambia. Damn your team was being coached by the naija coach we even borrowed you that time, Coach Laloko....kai i am depressed just witnessing this shame that has become our football :mad:

You fielded your best players :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

truetalk wrote:
Oloye, I hope you did not add that to your national team caps?
Shattap dia..a cap is a cap whether it is facecap or abeti aja. :taunt:

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:Very disappointing. Akwa may be on the way out even though those who watched the game indicated that Akwa totally dominated affairs and should have won going away. To win 2-0 away is very difficult no matter how better you may be against a hoe team.

Goalkeeping error apparently cost Akwa United on one of the goals (Olorunleke Ojo reportedly spilled a free kick). Whereas the Gambian goalkeeper was superb.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

I don't want to know what the excuse is. Losing at home at this stage CC is a disgrace.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

YUJAM wrote:.. even though they played at home.

Score was 2 to 1

https://www.flashscore.com/football/afr ... tions-cup/
Akwa United missed a host of chances in the first half.

At least 6 really good chances.

I just wonder if they don't coach finishing in Naija league? :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Robotnik wrote:I don't want to know what the excuse is. Losing at home at this stage CC is a disgrace.

it is not the Champions league. There is still a 2nd leg.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

bump
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Roasted Hawks
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chai, Yujam don suffer for this site.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."