NFF Appoints Several NT Coaches.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF Appoints Several NT Coaches.......

Post by Enugu II »

Is the highlighted Onigbinde's son?
AIGBOGUN CONFIRMED AS NIGERIA U20 COACH
Posted by FUNMAN234 onFEBRUARY 12, 2018
https://234football.com/2018/02/12/aigb ... u20-coach/

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have confirmed the appointment of Paul Aigbogun as Nigeria U20 men’s team.
In a statement released on Monday, the NFF also announced the names of the coaches of the other national teams.
Howevr, names of coaches of the Senior Men’s Team (Super Eagles), U20 Women (Falconets) and U17 Women (Flamingos) were not included, as their coaches still have contracts with the football body.
The appointments, according to Chairman of the Technical and Development Committee, Alhaji Yusuf Ahmed, are with immediate effect.
Yusuf, who is also vice chairman of the NFF Strategy Committee, said: “All the coaches will be unveiled at a later date, alongside the coaching crews of the U20 and U17 girls that were appointed earlier as a result of their World Cup qualifying campaigns.”
•SUPER EAGLES B/OLYMPIC MEN TEAM : Salisu Yusuf (Head Coach); Imama Amapakabo; Kennedy Boboye; Fidelis Ilechukwu; Alloy Agu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
•U20 MEN (FLYING EAGLES) : Paul Aigbogun (Head Coach); Abdullahi Maikaba; Abubakar Bala; Hassan Abdallah (Scouting); Suleiman Shuaibu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
•U17 BOYS TEAM (GOLDEN EAGLETS) : Manu Garba (Head Coach); Nduka Ugbade; Jolomi Atune Ali; Bunmi Haruna (Scouting); Abideen Baruwa Olatunji (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
•U15 BOYS TEAM (FUTURE EAGLES): Alala Danladi Nasidi (Head Coach); Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’; Ahmed Lawal Dankoli; Patrick Bassey (Scouting); Ernest Salolome (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
•U13 BOYS TEAM : Jolomi Atune Ali (Head Coach); Jude Agada; Abdullahi Umar Tyabo; Adewale Laloko (Scouting); Adeoye Onigbinde (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF points Several NT Coaches.......

Post by pajimoh »

Id that Pa Oni or his son?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: NFF Appoints Several NT Coaches.......

Post by ukwala »

I wonder why the NFF has little respect for our clubs. I mean, they take players on SE duty during the season, and appoint club coaches as national coaches on part-time basis. Imama took charge of his new club El-Kanemi Warriors only yesterday (match day 8) because of CHAN. I wonder if there is any sort of compensation to the clubs for these absences.
Last edited by ukwala on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Enugu II wrote:Is the highlighted Onigbinde's son?

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have confirmed the appointment of Paul Aigbogun as Nigeria U20 men’s team.
In a statement released on Monday, the NFF also announced the names of the coaches of the other national teams.
Howevr, names of coaches of the Senior Men’s Team (Super Eagles), U20 Women (Falconets) and U17 Women (Flamingos) were not included, as their coaches still have contracts with the football body.
The appointments, according to Chairman of the Technical and Development Committee, Alhaji Yusuf Ahmed, are with immediate effect.
Yusuf, who is also vice chairman of the NFF Strategy Committee, said: “All the coaches will be unveiled at a later date, alongside the coaching crews of the U20 and U17 girls that were appointed earlier as a result of their World Cup qualifying campaigns.”
•SUPER EAGLES B/OLYMPIC MEN TEAM : Salisu Yusuf (Head Coach); Imama Amapakabo; Kennedy Boboye; Fidelis Ilechukwu; Alloy Agu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
•U20 MEN (FLYING EAGLES) : Paul Aigbogun (Head Coach); Abdullahi Maikaba; Abubakar Bala; Hassan Abdallah (Scouting); Suleiman Shuaibu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
•U17 BOYS TEAM (GOLDEN EAGLETS) : Manu Garba (Head Coach); Nduka Ugbade; Jolomi Atune Ali; Bunmi Haruna (Scouting); Abideen Baruwa Olatunji (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
•U15 BOYS TEAM (FUTURE EAGLES): Alala Danladi Nasidi (Head Coach); Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’; Ahmed Lawal Dankoli; Patrick Bassey (Scouting); Ernest Salolome (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
•U13 BOYS TEAM : Jolomi Atune Ali (Head Coach); Jude Agada; Abdullahi Umar Tyabo; Adewale Laloko (Scouting); Adeoye Onigbinde (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)
This must be the Legendary Haruna Ilerika's son
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Kako wrote:

Ilerika is in quotes which suggests a nickname.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

These appointments mirror Buhari's appointments o!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Oga Inaija na true you talk o!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NFF points Several NT Coaches.......

Post by paj »

pajimoh wrote:Id that Pa Oni or his son?
maybe grandson..
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

ukwala wrote:
Kako wrote:

Ilerika is in quotes which suggests a nickname.

Ha, ok, thanks.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

1naija wrote:These appointments mirror Buhari's appointments o!
It does

But Manu Garba is a good U17 coach. The problem is he is a bad U20 coach.

:lol: :lol:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Is Pinnick is the new Buhari?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:
It does

Btw what is the difference? Why would one be good at u17 and bad at u20? Please elaborate.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

fabio wrote:
Is Pinnick is the new Buhari?
Perhaps Pinnick is not being allowed to call the shots at the NFF just like Kachikwu is not calling the shots at NNPC.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

you have a disease this man
you see everything through an ethnic prism
yours must be a very miserable existence
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

OMG 1naija. You are toooo spot on.

Immediately i noticed it, i came here to make this comment but u beat me to it.

If a northerner is not head coach, his assistants would all be northerners.

Kai, this Buhari guy is really causing divisions in this country.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...i see many "official cars and drivers" too, some with their own mopol security, siren and horn blaring. House, boy boy, house girl for madam and all the 9 yards. na so dem take chop money.
Go to NFA hqs and sports ministry you see dem all hanging around for dem voucher :lol: :lol:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote: Perhaps Pinnick is not being allowed to call the shots at the NFF just like Kachikwu is not calling the shots at NNPC.
As a respectable man who knows his worth, I believe you would resign your appointment, if you found yourself in that position. Pinnick should do the same as well.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
It does

Btw what is the difference? Why would one be good at u17 and bad at u20? Please elaborate.
No mind these people. Ohenhen is simply recycling a baseless idea.

Garba had just one shot at the U20 WC and fell short due to a few wrong decisions including allowing his trusted 'superstars' to arrive in camp waaaay too late.
Since then he has been considered a 'hopeless' U20 coach and hasn't been quite the same ever since.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

smartbrother wrote:
you have a disease this man
you see everything through an ethnic prism
yours must be a very miserable existence
They are not even correct.
Its the usual 'southern' sense of entitlement.
Check the numbers, you'll see they're just displaying their prejudice.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote:

'Oh My God' weytin?
You see 'hawusa' name you are already claiming discrimination.
Meanwhile you and 1Naira are the ones that are literally 'seeing double'

Let's do a rough estimate of who these 'Buhari people' actually are, assuming its not an APC matter and is loosely based on names :taunt:
'Buharis people' in red.

SUPER EAGLES B/OLYMPIC MEN TEAM : 1/5
Salisu Yusuf (Head Coach);
Imama Amapakabo;
Kennedy Boboye;
Fidelis Ilechukwu;
Alloy Agu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U20 MEN (FLYING EAGLES 4/5
Paul Aigbogun (Head Coach);
Abdullahi Maikaba;
Abubakar Bala;
Hassan Abdallah
(Scouting);
Suleiman Shuaibu (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U17 BOYS TEAM (GOLDEN EAGLETS): 1/5
Manu Garba (Head Coach);
Nduka Ugbade;
Jolomi Atune Ali;
Bunmi Haruna (Scouting);
Abideen Baruwa Olatunji (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U15 BOYS TEAM (FUTURE EAGLES): 3/5
Alala Danladi Nasidi (Head Coach);
Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’;
Ahmed Lawal Dankoli;
Patrick Bassey (Scouting);
Ernest Salolome (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

U13 BOYS TEAM: 1/5
Jolomi Atune Ali (Head Coach);
Jude Agada;
Abdullahi Umar Tyabo;
Adewale Laloko (Scouting);
Adeoye Onigbinde (Goalkeepers’ Trainer)

So out of a total of 25 coaches, TEN give or take one or two can be assumed to be 'Buhari's people'.
And you people have a problem with that?

Please, kindly explain my brother what the problem is if not the fact that you do not believe the 'north' has a right to even 40% (10/25) of the NFF hired hands. We are talking north v south here and not geopolitical zones.

I suspect this is the same kind of fake, unresearched, prejudiced narrative that dominates our national politics.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

'Oh My God' weytin?

Let's do a rough estimate of who these 'Buhari people' actually are, assuming its not an APC matter and is loosely based on names :taunt:
'Buharis people' in red.

Imama Amapakabo;
Kennedy Boboye;
Fidelis Ilechukwu;

Abdullahi Maikaba;
Abubakar Bala;
Hassan Abdallah
(Scouting);

Manu Garba (Head Coach);
Nduka Ugbade;
Jolomi Atune Ali;
Bunmi Haruna (Scouting);

Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’;
Ahmed Lawal Dankoli;

Jude Agada;
Abdullahi Umar Tyabo;

So out of a total of 25 coaches, TEN give or take one or two can be assumed to be 'Buhari's people'.

Please, kindly explain my brother what the problem is if not the fact that you do not believe the 'north' has a right to even 40% (10/25) of the NFF hired hands. We are talking north v south here and not geopolitical zones.

I suspect this is the same kind of fake, unresearched, prejudiced narrative that dominates our national politics.
FIrstly, you have just reproduced exactly what i said earlier. Either a Northerner heads the team and when a southerner heads it, almost all his assistants are Northerners.

2ndly, this has become a major issue in Nigeria. Northerners are getting appointments in critical sectors and even in the civil service, they are crying as the Northerners are replacing them in heading depts and directorates.

3rdly, I would never have been part of this but for this current President (PMB) that has shown crass nepotism and has got alot of Nigerians now looking at appointments from the NOrth and south divide (including me) which was not the case 3yrs ago.

4thly, other than the north/ south thing, i hope they perform and wish them the best.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

'Oh My God' weytin?

'Buharis people' in red.

Imama Amapakabo;
Kennedy Boboye;
Fidelis Ilechukwu;

Abdullahi Maikaba;
Abubakar Bala;
Hassan Abdallah
(Scouting);

Manu Garba (Head Coach);
Nduka Ugbade;
Jolomi Atune Ali;
Bunmi Haruna (Scouting);

Haruna Usman ‘Ilerika’;
Ahmed Lawal Dankoli;

Jude Agada;
Abdullahi Umar Tyabo;

Damunkey, you are trying too hard to put the cat back in the bag, but it's already been let out. Just accept it and stop trying to force issues. No one is fooled anymore. :taunt: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I wonder how many of these coaches have UEFA A licenses...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp