Liverpool to move for Leicester City midfielder Ndidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Liverpool to move for Leicester City midfielder Ndidi

Post by Tobi17 »

Ndidi signed for Leicester from Genk for £17m in January 2017 as they tried to fill the gap left by N’golo Kante after he left for Chelsea the previous summer.

Liverpool’s midfield has been lacking an industrious tackler like Ndidi for some years and with Emre Can looking likely to leave on a free transfer at the end of the season, a move for the Nigerian makes a lot of sense.

The Reds have a number of players capable of playing in central midfield but have no one who could be defined as an out-right defensive midfielder.

Former Liverpool player Didi Hamann recently spoke out about the Merseyside club lacking a true holding player, preventing their midfield from competing physically with those of their title rivals.

Ndidi signed for Leicester from Genk for £17m in January 2017 as they tried to fill the gap left by N’golo Kante after he left for Chelsea the previous summer.

Liverpool’s midfield has been lacking an industrious tackler like Ndidi for some years and with Emre Can looking likely to leave on a free transfer at the end of the season, a move for the Nigerian makes a lot of sense.

The Reds have a number of players capable of playing in central midfield but have no one who could be defined as an out-right defensive midfielder.

Former Liverpool player Didi Hamann recently spoke out about the Merseyside club lacking a true holding player, preventing their midfield from competing physically with those of their title rivals.

full details of the report are attached in the link
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... oWUMWG38CA

A couple of other football outlets are reporting the same thing.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool to move for Leicester City midfielder Ndidi

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

JJ! Dey wan put Ndidi on the bench with a shiny red jersey :laugh:

Ko ni da fun klop! :curse: God forbid bad thing. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Kongi I disagree o. Ndidi is presently the best out and out Defensive midfielder in the Epl and I highly doubt that he would be a benchwarmer at Liverpool except he drastically loses form. To me, ndidi is a Pure DM like a younger “Patrick veira” but I personally believe that he has the potential to become a “yaya toure” contigent on him adding some attacking qualities like passing, Shootings to his game. My brother, on current form ndidi will walk into Liverpool 11
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

He would do better at Spurs...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

JJ
YNWA
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

heavyd wrote:JJ
Express UK and several other legit sites reported likewise, a little search will show it.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

We all knew that Ndidi will not last long in Leceister. He is too good for Puel and his merry band of jokers.
Anyway, I doubt anything will happen before the world cup. Just stay healthy my brother.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Cristao II wrote:He would do better at Spurs...
Chineke forbid bad thing!!!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
heavyd wrote:JJ
Express UK and several other legit sites reported likewise, a little search will show it.
The ones I've seen are quoting a Nigerian source.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Hopefully he doesn’t do such a thing!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Hopefully he doesn’t do such a thing!
Jealousy no go kill you pipul :tic: Poch will take his game to a whole new level. Don't forget, Dembele is nearing the 30 something age. Tottenham is a youthful team
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Playing for Spuds would be retrogression. Next season they are likely to be fighting relegation.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Just like Sissoko has done better at Spurs....

No way, that club pays peanuts - even to it's star players. Nonsense!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Just like Sissoko has done better at Spurs....

No way, that club pays peanuts - even to it's star players. Nonsense!
You're truly YEYE PERSIN :tic: Was Sossoko doing well at Newcastle? Of all the players Poch has improved, you no fit mention one? See ya life, Hatorade no go quench you, lo ru ko Jesu. :taunt:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Ndidi still has like 4+ years remaining on his Leicester contract.. Leicester would bargain hard, an upwards of £50m would be required before Leicester sanctions this transfer. personally, ndidi should wait 1-2 more years in Leicester before attempting a move..
afc##
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

chuks69 wrote:Ndidi still has like 4+ years remaining on his Leicester contract.. Leicester would bargain hard, an upwards of £50m would be required before Leicester sanctions this transfer. personally, ndidi should wait 1-2 more years in Leicester before attempting a move..
I agree ..Ndidi should wait. Maybe not 2 or more years. Perhaps at least after the WC. I'm a Liverpool fan and I'm not convinced Liverpool is the best fit for Ndidi. I see Chelsea as being the best fit of the top 6 for him. Ndidi shouldn't gamble his talent away on any bench. Not even Liverpool
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

No thanks.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

chuks69 wrote:Ndidi still has like 4+ years remaining on his Leicester contract.. Leicester would bargain hard, an upwards of £50m would be required before Leicester sanctions this transfer. personally, ndidi should wait 1-2 more years in Leicester before attempting a move..
If Liverpool come calling with the money, no point in waiting. 2 years is a very long time in football.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

In all honesty Ndidi is the only Nigerian player that has progressed in upward trajectory perhaps Victor Moses included for so many many years. Others either regressed as soon as they are noticed or become stagnant in their growth sometimes through injury or bereft of technical know- how or talent to participate in a higher level. I was hoping Onyekuru will follow sooth unfortunately he has sustained an almost a career ending injury. Something is definitely amiss with Nigeria God of soccer. Apparently he or she needs to be placated
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

In all honesty Ndidi is the only Nigerian player that has progressed in upward trajectory perhaps Victor Moses included for so many many years. Others either regressed as soon as they are noticed or become stagnant in their growth sometimes through injury or bereft of technical know- how or talent to participate in a higher level. I was hoping Onyekuru will follow sooth unfortunately he has sustained an almost a career ending injury. Something is definitely amiss with Nigeria God of soccer. Apparently he or she needs to be placated
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Naby Keita is joining them next season, this is unlikely.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

bully12 wrote:In all honesty Ndidi is the only Nigerian player that has progressed in upward trajectory perhaps Victor Moses included for so many many years. Others either regressed as soon as they are noticed or become stagnant in their growth sometimes through injury or bereft of technical know- how or talent to participate in a higher level. I was hoping Onyekuru will follow sooth unfortunately he has sustained an almost a career ending injury. Something is definitely amiss with Nigeria God of soccer. Apparently he or she needs to be placated
Something is definitely amiss

Even as disjointed as we are as a nation, we are due for some stars.

You have stars popping up from the most random places on the planet.

May the gods of football please forgive us.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

platinum wrote:Naby Keita is joining them next season, this is unlikely.
Entirely different position. Keita is a CM, not a DM. Keita can play as a DM, but that would be detrimental to his overall gameplay, as it would stifle his forward runs. Keita is probably the only player out there equally apt at playing as an AM and as a DM.