Who pays the bill

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Who pays the bill

Post by highbury »

I am just curious since I am not privy to the planning of a grade A friendly... When a country host another country for a friendly game, does the host pay the bills( Hotels and flight etc..) or does each respective country foot their own bill? I am not sure if England or Nigeria foots the bill for the friendly. Thanks
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who pays the bill

Post by felarey »

I'd think it's a negotiation. Leading up to the WC, probably FIFA money for preparation in use on both sides.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I think the hosts get to foot the bill to accommodate, feed, and transport.
Lest we forget, the hosts are getting the gate takings.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

highbury wrote:I am just curious since I am not privy to the planning of a grade A friendly... When a country host another country for a friendly game, does the host pay the bills( Hotels and flight etc..) or does each respective country foot their own bill? I am not sure if England or Nigeria foots the bill for the friendly. Thanks
IIRC, it depends on how its organized. If there is a promoter involved, the promoter usually pays each team an appearance fee and covers local costs (hotel, food and local transportation). Sometimes flights are deducted from the appearance fee. Teams like Brazil get paid more obviously because of the Samba brand.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

highbury wrote:I am just curious since I am not privy to the planning of a grade A friendly... When a country host another country for a friendly game, does the host pay the bills( Hotels and flight etc..) or does each respective country foot their own bill? I am not sure if England or Nigeria foots the bill for the friendly. Thanks
One reason why naija B team that played Atl Madrid should have been arranged to play naija team that played Congo: (a) initially [when the Atl Madrid game was scheduled}, or
(b) after the virus detection.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Oguleftie wrote:
One reason why naija B team that played Atl Madrid should have been arranged to play naija team that played Congo: (a) initially [when the Atl Madrid game was scheduled}, or
(b) after the virus detection.
Which virus?

Also, if you are on the B team with an outside chance to make the A team, would you take it easy on some of the passengers on the A team?

I know that I would put the fear of God in them and if possible end their hopes of catching the Aeroflot in June.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Thanks, Guys. You have shed some light
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

joao wrote:I think the hosts get to foot the bill to accommodate, feed, and transport.
Lest we forget, the hosts are getting the gate takings.

We also get an appearance fee.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx