The Case for Junior Ajayi.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
The Case for Junior Ajayi.......

Post by Enugu II »

The Curious Case Of Junior Ajayi Of Ahly – Recognised By CAF, Feared In Egypt But Ignored In Nigeria
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/02/13/th ... n-nigeria/
February 13, 201801

One name that strike fear into the mind of opposition defenders when ever they are up against Al-Ahly is Nigerian striker Junior Ajayi.

The former Nigeria U23 international took his goal tally for the season to seven for the season with a brace in their 4-2 win over Arab Contractors yesterday night.

22 year old Ajayi has also proven himself to be a good provider of goals for his teammates with nine assist to his name, after his deployment to the left wing at the start of the season.

Recognised by the Confederation of African Football ( CAF) as a member of the Team of the Year at the recently concluded CAF Awards, back home the story is different for the former Shooting Stars prospect.

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has options available to him in attack, with the likes of Brown Ideye, Odion Ighalo and Kelechi Iheanacho playing as top striker for Nigeria since his appointment.

While upfront might seem loaded for the forward, he will no doubt feel he deserve a chance to fight for a shirt in the team,due to his consistent performance for a team like Al-Ahly adjudged by many as the best team in Africa.

Also his ability to play different roles in attack aside playing as the main striker is also another reason why he should at least get a look in ahead of the Super Eagles friendly games in March.

One point to note is that, if he were to be an Egyptian, his form will no doubt but him in the frame of a national team call up where he would likely line up in attack alongside Liverpool forward Mohammed Salah.

Judging by current form and fitness, it’s hard to argue against him getting a call up. He can’t be feared in Egypt, honoured by CAF while his homeland act like he hasn’t done enough to at least get a look in.

Mohammed Mowiz Suleiman writes in from Kaduna
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Case for Junior Ajayi.......

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Agents :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Agents :laugh:
This is their season bro, allow them... Man must hustle to chop :rotf:
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Unbelievable.

I'm disappointed in Mowiz.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Double Agents! As in Agents X 2!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Shameless disgusting human beings. They’re just a product of Nigeria Nepotism, tribalism, bribery and corrupted minds. They will sell their country for a piece of Cake
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He was crucial for Nigeria in the last African U23 tourney.

The strongest argument for Ajayi is that he excels in a team and a league that
provides several members of the Egyptian NT. If we are to event consider the argument that the Eagles are no better than the Pharaohs then Ajayi deserves a look
In
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

People are screaming too loudly about agents while not asking the important question... Is Junior Ajayi good enough to be considered?

The answer to this question is a resounding yes from me.

We are probably going to take 2 strikers and the 2 top contenders now are Kelechi and Ighalo. If we decide to take a third person then we are looking at Ideye, Kayode, Nwakaeme... I think Ajayi is roughly in the same class as all these other names. He has been playing this season as a wing forward, assisting and scoring in the Egyptian league which is arguably the best league in Africa. His original position is as a full central forward with good hold up play and good goal poaching instincts. His ability to play these two positions well gives him an edge in my book over the other three third tier strikers I named up there.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yujam respect yourself sir. I’m not going to call you an agent because of my respect for you but how in the heck does ajayi deserves a chance 4 months before World Cup?? No way at all.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Niyi your client ajayi is not good enough for super eagles at the moment. Have some integrity in your life and stop saying nonsense. What has he done to deserve a chance presently? Even if he was good enough at least wait until World Cup is over to call for an invite. The same ajayi couldn’t get into our Olympics team is who you think deserves a chance to represent us at World Cup despite not playing at all in WCQ. Shameless people!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

john12 wrote:Niyi your client ajayi is not good enough for super eagles at the moment. Have some integrity in your life and stop saying nonsense. What has he done to deserve a chance presently? Even if he was good enough at least wait until World Cup is over to call for an invite. The same ajayi couldn’t get into our Olympics team is who you think deserves a chance to represent us at World Cup despite not playing at all in WCQ. Shameless people!

You sound quite dumb.

@E2. Thanks for sharing the article. I haven't heard that name in quite a while. The kid should keep on perfroming and he will force his way into consideration. Time is running out sha, but all he can do is make a case for himself.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

YUJAM wrote:He was crucial for Nigeria in the last African U23 tourney.

The strongest argument for Ajayi is that he excels in a team and a league that
provides several members of the Egyptian NT. If we are to event consider the argument that the Eagles are no better than the Pharaohs then Ajayi deserves a look
In
Why even bother.....................Let them mock Ajayi
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

metalalloy wrote:
john12 wrote:Niyi your client ajayi is not good enough for super eagles at the moment. Have some integrity in your life and stop saying nonsense. What has he done to deserve a chance presently? Even if he was good enough at least wait until World Cup is over to call for an invite. The same ajayi couldn’t get into our Olympics team is who you think deserves a chance to represent us at World Cup despite not playing at all in WCQ. Shameless people!

You sound quite dumb.

@E2. Thanks for sharing the article. I haven't heard that name in quite a while. The kid should keep on perfroming and he will force his way into consideration. Time is running out sha, but all he can do is make a case for himself.
Plenty of them on here these days................We can't even talk about any naija players playing well anymore on CE.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Bring back the good old days when robust intellectual discussions were the order of the day on CE...the days of Misterdolly (MD), KoC, Gotti etc etc. We used our influence here to convince players like Victor Moses et al to play for Nigeria. Nowadays, you can't even discuss a Nigerian playing well without being labelled an agent, a spiv! Quite pathetic!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This John guy is funny sha. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nope, you guys should stop acting like people are stopping y’all from campaigning for your players. No one is stopping y’all but we’re trying to avert what plagued our football in 2002 and 2014. For those that are new on here in 2002 and 2014 there were bunch of undesirable incompetent players that maneuver their way to SE through bribery and corruption. These agents are very powerful because they know how to use their connections, and pressure to force their players in Super eagles. This is why we’re very vigilant and watchful this year because we don’t want another incident to happen in 2018. After World Cup, yall intermediaries can suggest your favorite players for super eagles and no one will challenge you guys. Let’s be clear, this year we get una time. I don already get membership for many top Nigerian websites. I just hope this agents doesn’t result to Diabolical ways
Last edited by john12 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Is this another one of Mr Dolly's sons?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I didn't hear about him during the qualifiers.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

can I ask please... what exactly is wrong with being an Agent?
YNWA
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

There’s nothing wrong with being an agent. However, there’s everything wrong with selling your country for personal interests. For goodness sake, you agents should have some integrity. You can market and promote your players to various clubs in Europe, SA, MLS, Chinese leagues, etc but don’t campaign for undesirable players at Super eagles knowing fully well they’re not an upgrade. Everyone is just trying to be vigilant inorder to avert what happened to us in 2002 and 2018 and come August 2018 when ANQ resumes no one will have issues for newer underserved players. Shameless people!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:lol: John12 is our anti agent software bot.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Is this another one of Mr Dolly's sons?

E fit be. Remember the man was just dropping them one after the other in the 90s. I hope he kept track.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

doctorollie wrote:Bring back the good old days when robust intellectual discussions were the order of the day on CE...the days of Misterdolly (MD), KoC, Gotti etc etc. We used our influence here to convince players like Victor Moses et al to play for Nigeria. Nowadays, you can't even discuss a Nigerian playing well without being labelled an agent, a spiv! Quite pathetic!
Bro I tire o