Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Fortuna Sittard have confirmed the sacking of former Sup

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:This from Oliseh on Twitter:

I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion
The dude just does NOT learn and is probably incapable of learning... anger gets the best of him most times.

Why use such strong words against his former employers? He will now have to tell the authorities what illegal activities they asked him to partake in.

According to reports they are yet to finalize his severance package. Making such unguarded comment could be detrimental to the club and might affect his ability to get compensation.

Is he even thinking about his next job, railroading his former employers? :?

What if he is right?

Or are you saying he is incapable of ever being right on an issue as this?

Why not wait for the full story to emerge before reaching a precipitous negative conclusion about him?

Why do you always assume he is wrong?
Precedent!

What precedence exactly?

His unjustified reaction to the wonderful employer that the NFF was?

What precedence?

Why the hate, bro?
I don't know what precedence you are talking about but the precedent is well documented.

I hope all he lost in all of this is just his job and not more due to his outburst against his former employers.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:Calm down, bro...

You have given him zero benefit of the doubt on this issue.

And based on that, you are automatically validating past allegation against him...

Why an automatic default to a negative about Oliseh?

Why bro?
Hahahaha, you are funny bro. I don't hate Oliseh. I once campaigned for him and folks like him to be given an opportunity.

I also had the privilege to talk to Mr. Pinnick about what transpired under Oliseh and he had a lot to say that he said should be off the record. I reached out to other folks who worked with him as well as a couple of players including the very Vince he had the spat with... I just couldn't reach Oliseh to get his own version. But even people who liked him and who he played on the team narrated the incident the exact same way... they all said the same thing about his temperament. I asked Pinnick, didn't he know he was like that, and he responded something like, "Naijaria is not for everybody... that he was fighting everybody." That before he resigned he even told him to wait until he (Pinnick) got back before resigning... Pinnick attributed it to "Warri blood" but I reminded him that bobo is not from Warri.

The point is that he (Oliseh) has had the temper issues in the past. Him being fired is not coming out of left field. It is like someone being surprised that Mourinho has worn out his welcome. It will not surprise anyone. But to now attribute that to hating the man? Come on dude.
We ALL need for folks that look like us to succeed, especially in challenging environments. I will NEVER hate on my fellow African. He is earning his wages and has a family to feed. Why would I hate on him?

I wonder if you ever spared a moment in ur Inspector Clouseau investigation to ask Pinnick why he never paid Oliseh as the contract he signed demands...
The reason he gave Pinnick was that he was under spiritual attack and the job wasn't worth his health.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

And based on that, you are automatically validating past allegation against him...

Why bro?
Hahahaha, you are funny bro. I don't hate Oliseh. I once campaigned for him and folks like him to be given an opportunity.

I also had the privilege to talk to Mr. Pinnick about what transpired under Oliseh and he had a lot to say that he said should be off the record. I reached out to other folks who worked with him as well as a couple of players including the very Vince he had the spat with... I just couldn't reach Oliseh to get his own version. But even people who liked him and who he played on the team narrated the incident the exact same way... they all said the same thing about his temperament. I asked Pinnick, didn't he know he was like that, and he responded something like, "Naijaria is not for everybody... that he was fighting everybody." That before he resigned he even told him to wait until he (Pinnick) got back before resigning... Pinnick attributed it to "Warri blood" but I reminded him that bobo is not from Warri.

The point is that he (Oliseh) has had the temper issues in the past. Him being fired is not coming out of left field. It is like someone being surprised that Mourinho has worn out his welcome. It will not surprise anyone. But to now attribute that to hating the man? Come on dude.
We ALL need for folks that look like us to succeed, especially in challenging environments. I will NEVER hate on my fellow African. He is earning his wages and has a family to feed. Why would I hate on him?

I wonder if you ever spared a moment in ur Inspector Clouseau investigation to ask Pinnick why he never paid Oliseh as the contract he signed demands...
The reason he gave Pinnick was that he was under spiritual attack and the job wasn't worth his health.

So, Oliseh supposedly being under spiritual attack is the reason not to pay him as stipulated in his contract?

Inspector Clouseau!
Last edited by txj on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Why bro?

LOLOL. A big joke
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Post by Kabalega »

I hate to break it to you guys but Sunday Oliseh is a genius!
Small minds don’t get him and he has little patience for them.

It doesn’t help that he is also breaking racial barriers.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Kabalega wrote:I hate to break it to you guys but Sunday Oliseh is a genius!
Small minds don’t get him and he has little patience for them.

It doesn’t help that he is also breaking racial barriers.
A genius that does not learn to navigate landmines will not achieve his potential!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I still don’t get the hatred for Oliseh on here and other Nigerian websites. Do people realize that this same oliseh made us extremely joyous in 1998 against Spain. People aren’t even willing to hear the full story but are castigating him and passing judgement
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Waffiman wrote:
tunde72 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.

How about his antecedents? In as much as we all want hom not to fail. We also need to understand the records of all his major behaviors from playing time will always be a point of reference.
So you convict a man without evidence for said crime cos he has previous. My brother nor be so. We have to give the benefit of doubt and at least make sure we are aware of the facts before we judge.

Oliseh's previous (however you view them) does not automatically make him at fault for what has happened. We need to be fair and not condemn a man on such grounds.
This is not a court of law, this is an employer-employee relationship and the employer has severed ties with him and cited their reasons. Regardless of Olisehs 'side', he's been fired and they've cited behavior that sounds eerily similar to his time with the SE (both as player and coach). The club gave him a chance that few other African's get and praised him when things were going well so they should get the benefit of the doubt until there's concrete proof that they acted in an unethical or unlawful manner. But Oliseh spewing what he's spewing on twitter is not that concrete proof. And his handling of the firing this way only shows him to be impulsive and lacking foresight buttressing Sittards reasons for firing him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
platinum wrote:OP, change the title, dem neva sack am.
He has been fired. They initially used suspension while the attornies are working out the severance package.
Do you work at Fortuna? How you take know this detail? Hmmmmm!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Why this? Simply a reminder of what happened in SE. Not good. Kai, claims of "illegal activities" and "foreign owners." These words are designed for an effect. I shake my head.

As with the SE case, he may well have a point. The ownership of Sittard is Turkish IIRC. The illegal activities would not surprise me one bit. Football is a truly murky sport. Who knows really. As with the SE case, I think there are better ways of handling things and I think the issues he speaks of were known beforehand (at least in Nigeria's case).
Platinum,

I realize the owners are foreign and I referenced Oliseh's use of the word because it is an intentional use. I believe it is an attempt to put the fans against the club owners. It isn't disguised, if you ask me. The message is gazing at the reader.

Why would you automatically default to a negative?

Why would you automatically rule out any chance of credibility in Oliseh's statement?
Txj,

This is not a question of credibility. Surprised, that you have read it as such when in fact it has not been called to question at all. Instead, it is a question of intentionality, which is actually spelled out, and that is a world of difference from a question of credibility.

It is evident to me that his use of those words are intentional, make no mistake about that. Except, of course, if you want to practice Ostritching. What you should actually have asked is whether that intentionality was of any necessity because there are [IN FACT] grounds for it, no matter how tenuous.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tunde72 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.

How about his antecedents? In as much as we all want hom not to fail. We also need to understand the records of all his major behaviors from playing time will always be a point of reference.
So you convict a man without evidence for said crime cos he has previous. My brother nor be so. We have to give the benefit of doubt and at least make sure we are aware of the facts before we judge.

Oliseh's previous (however you view them) does not automatically make him at fault for what has happened. We need to be fair and not condemn a man on such grounds.
This is not a court of law, this is an employer-employee relationship and the employer has severed ties with him and cited their reasons. Regardless of Olisehs 'side', he's been fired and they've cited behavior that sounds eerily similar to his time with the SE (both as player and coach). The club gave him a chance that few other African's get and praised him when things were going well so they should get the benefit of the doubt until there's concrete proof that they acted in an unethical or unlawful manner. But Oliseh spewing what he's spewing on twitter is not that concrete proof. And his handling of the firing this way only shows him to be impulsive and lacking foresight buttressing Sittards reasons for firing him.
Oliseh's comments at the very least puts to question, the club's reasons for their action. The fact of their hiring an African is not sufficient evidence to endow them with a benefit of the doubt. Afterall, nowhere was it stated as the reason for his hire in the first case.

Your position as stated above, is quite curious...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Why this? Simply a reminder of what happened in SE. Not good. Kai, claims of "illegal activities" and "foreign owners." These words are designed for an effect. I shake my head.

As with the SE case, he may well have a point. The ownership of Sittard is Turkish IIRC. The illegal activities would not surprise me one bit. Football is a truly murky sport. Who knows really. As with the SE case, I think there are better ways of handling things and I think the issues he speaks of were known beforehand (at least in Nigeria's case).
Platinum,

I realize the owners are foreign and I referenced Oliseh's use of the word because it is an intentional use. I believe it is an attempt to put the fans against the club owners. It isn't disguised, if you ask me. The message is gazing at the reader.

Why would you automatically rule out any chance of credibility in Oliseh's statement?
Txj,

This is not a question of credibility. Surprised, that you have read it as such when in fact it has not been called to question at all. Instead, it is a question of intentionality, which is actually spelled out, and that is a world of difference from a question of credibility.

It is evident to me that his use of those words are intentional, make no mistake about that. Except, of course, if you want to practice Ostritching. What you should actually have asked is whether that intentionality was of any necessity because there are [IN FACT] grounds for it, no matter how tenuous.

It appears quite curious that your focus is on what his intention is, in using the word foreign, rather than the credibility of his story regarding the possibility of illegal conduct. Its quite curious, given that the claim of illegality stands out as the more significant issue raised in his post, given its grave implications, as opposed to a mere reading of the mind...

You have no way of proving intent...

Meanwhile, a serious allegation of crime has being put forward, right or wrong.

Curious....

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
platinum wrote:OP, change the title, dem neva sack am.
He has been fired. They initially used suspension while the attornies are working out the severance package.
Do you work at Fortuna? How you take know this detail? Hmmmmm!

But he interviewed Pinnick on Oliseh's tenure with the SE:rotf: :rotf:

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion

Bros, so is Oliseh going to sue for wrongful termination?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

:shock: I repeat :D he is yet to be sacked! only suspended.. confirmed by Fortun
Last edited by Senator WIRES on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Fact is he was delivering excellent performances with his team.

And suddenly the results went south the moment Oliseh guaranteed playoff.

Peculiar to say the least.

I would honestly give Oliseh the benefit of the doubt, because the board had no rational reason to suspend him. He was doing his job superbly.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:

Bros, so is Oliseh going to sue for wrongful termination?
My bro, this is an explosive response from Oliseh and it really sets the cat amongst the pidgeons.

From my knowledge of football and clubs with the type of set at Fortuna Sitters, it looks like Management interference. What we don't know is what type of interference.

But Oliseh's response via his tweet looks like a call to the Dutch football authorities as well as trying to defend himself giving us an idea what he has had to deal with.

This is a real mess nd such a shame.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Cito wrote:What a good day for Mr Solowe or Jackal. He will be back with a bang to toot his horn and prance around like a peacock he is.

I hate this news with a passion. Wether na suspension or firing it just doesn’t bode well for Mr Oliseh’s reputation either way. I wish the totality of the event will show him in a better light.

A club that was stuck close to the bottom, he came in and changed their fortune. For them to get where they are now with this suspension/firing or whatever will lead most people to believe Oliseh was guilty.
He wont be the first. Leicester's Nigel Pearson comes to mind. He should be a celebrated and in demand coach in English football right now going by his W-L record but he kept getting sacked wherever he went due to interpersonal issues with GMs and owners and he is now coaching in the second division in Belgium.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:

Platinum,

Txj,

It appears quite curious that your focus is on what his intention is, in using the word foreign, rather than the credibility of his story regarding the possibility of illegal conduct. Its quite curious, given that the claim of illegality stands out as the more significant issue raised in his post, given its grave implications, as opposed to a mere reading of the mind...

You have no way of proving intent...

Meanwhile, a serious allegation of crime has being put forward, right or wrong.

Curious....
Txj,

Thank you for noting your error in imputing, wrongfully, the earlier claim that I had ruled on the credibility of his story. That is very important.

Now, on the issue of which my focus lies -- intentionality. There is no reason not to focus on intentionality or even on the issue of a pattern of behavior that many have also addressed. It is your choice to focus on issues of credibility but that does not mean that all of us should focus on credibility. It is a choice that you make, and others certainly should be free to decide on which issue that they should focus. There is no overlord that decides what people should focus or not focus on. The space and fora for discussion, I believe, is free and open.

Oliseh is a public figure and his utterances are of great importance. I will not focus on an alleged crime for which I have no evidence to prove whether a crime was committed or not. I will not speculate on that. However, I can definitely discuss intentionality because not only can I link to a positive motive for the act but the motives are multiple (if you can identify them, I hope). Further, I can also predict their effect through years of studying similar concepts. That much I am confident in doing.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

maceo4 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tunde72 wrote:

My bro, this is not a court of law but there is a central tenet of natural justice that should be a guide for us all.

Why are you so quick to judge? Try to be objective and look at this fairly. How many professional football clubs have released such a damning statement about their Coach. By any standards this is unprecedented, things are not done like this. You want to be rid of your Coach, you do it secretly, settlement is reached and compensation paid. It is all hushed up, what you are seeing here is strange.

But you have not questioned the actions of the club, instead you have judged and condemned Oliseh. You even go as far as to say they did him a favour by giving him a job. My bro, there are no favours in football, they hired him after an interview process and he has performed.

I plead you try to be fair and not condemn a man with prejudice.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Burning bridges on twitter.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:Burning bridges on twitter.
More like ruining his own career on twitter.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:I still don’t get the hatred for Oliseh on here and other Nigerian websites. Do people realize that this same oliseh made us extremely joyous in 1998 against Spain. People aren’t even willing to hear the full story but are castigating him and passing judgement
It shows those same people were annoyed when Oliseh was making progress with the team. Based on the content of many posts in this Site/thread, they never thought he will make it this far and good. As soon as they read of the termination - assuming it is true - they began to jubilate. The people know who they are
Last edited by Odas on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.