Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Re: Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Post by Robotnik »

Oliseh, look yourself in the mirror. It cannot always be your employers fault..
tunde72
Egg
Egg
Re: Fortuna Sittard have confirmed the sacking of former Sup

Post by tunde72 »

Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.

How about his antecedents? In as much as we all want hom not to fail. We also need to understand the records of all his major behaviors from playing time will always be a point of reference.
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Smh.. dis dude never learns eh?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

SylverEagles wrote:
platinum wrote:By the way, it's a suspension not an outright sacking.
"Several attempts by the club to encourage a change in the coach's behaviour have unfortunately not worked, resulting in an unworkable situation," the statement said.

"The board of Fortuna Sittard emphasizes that the decision to suspend Sunday Oliseh is not motivated by the current sporting performance."

"The coach's unacceptable actions have made cooperation between many people within the organization impossible - from players to employees.

"Fortuna Sittard regrets the decision, but states that the club interest goes above all else."
Well that's even worse. Why would a coach be suspended? :???: :???:
The only reason you suspend a coach ion situations like these is if for legal/monetary reasons, it is disadvantageous to sack him outright. Lille did the same to Bielsa recently....The sack is more than likely coming...the lawyers just need to give the go-ahead.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Why this? Simply a reminder of what happened in SE. Not good. Kai, claims of "illegal activities" and "foreign owners." These words are designed for an effect. I shake my head.

As with the SE case, he may well have a point. The ownership of Sittard is Turkish IIRC. The illegal activities would not surprise me one bit. Football is a truly murky sport. Who knows really. As with the SE case, I think there are better ways of handling things and I think the issues he speaks of were known beforehand (at least in Nigeria's case).
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

SylverEagles wrote:
Odas wrote:
shaq wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.
Wise words indeed.
Just surprised as people are jumping into all kinds of conclusions and blaming Oliseh, not waiting on all sides
I am surprised as well. In fact, I am MORE than surprised. It shows many has been praying for Oliseh's failure all these days/years. I have never met Oliseh, but to wish one fails in his life endeavor as has been displayed in this issue, is monumental.
Ok, I can't take this ish anymore!! As a society, we really need to evolve past ridiculous mindsets like this odas guy.

First, Damunk asked you to point out those you accused of jubilating at this news, but you couldn't or wouldn't. Why? Is is because it is a figment of your imagination??

Now, you are asserting that people are praying for Oliseh's failure. Seriously?! Of how many things people are facing in their lives, you believe in their prayers they are saying to God, "Baba God, please make Coach Oliseh fail today o!!". Do you see how ridiculous that sounds??

Stop this nonsense!! This type of witch-hunting mentality really needs to stop!! :mad: :mad:
SylverEagles,

First, if you are going to respond to me, I DEMAND you do so with RESPECT and DIGNITY. Second, are you DAMUNK? Damunk asked a question and I answered it the way I deem necessary (with limit).

What is your business with the way I answered a question asked of me? On the other hand, I could have ignored the question in general. If I had done so, what would you have done? The content of some posts shows they are already in the: 'I-told-you-so' position without having heard from Oliseh

If you think I sound ridiculous because I didn't answer a question to your satisfaction, then it will be accurate to conclude you are a F00l. The last time I checked, I am NOT your 'houseboy'; therefore, I can answer a question any way I want, depending on what my position is about the issue. That my position is not of your liking is your problem :curse: :curse: :curse:
Last edited by Odas on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Odas wrote:If I were coach Oliseh's agent, I will tell him to be quiet and to speak ONLY through is attorneys. No response to text messages, twits and et al.
From his twitter rant, you can tell he's learnt little. You don't make those kind of allegations on so ial media when a court case or tribunal could be pending
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Those 'Illegal' activities may have been a bait
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:
Odas wrote:If I were coach Oliseh's agent, I will tell him to be quiet and to speak ONLY through his attorneys. No response to text messages, twits and et al.
From his twitter rant, you can tell he's learnt little. You don't make those kind of allegations on so ial media when a court case or tribunal could be pending
... certainly the coach has been fired or is going to be fired. Just stating or using the word ILLEGAL in his twit is enough for him to be terminated. At least, I will terminate him if I am the boss of the club, unless he can provide proof of what he said. Thus, it's over now!
Last edited by Odas on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robotnik wrote:Those 'Illegal' activities may have been a bait
... maybe so, but he better be ready to prove the accusation/allegation, else ...
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Foolish from Oliseh, if that statement is from an official account. The Club can take him to court over such a statement and wipe the floor with him.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

oliseh has some faults too
Last edited by osita on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Why this? Simply a reminder of what happened in SE. Not good. Kai, claims of "illegal activities" and "foreign owners." These words are designed for an effect. I shake my head.

As with the SE case, he may well have a point. The ownership of Sittard is Turkish IIRC. The illegal activities would not surprise me one bit. Football is a truly murky sport. Who knows really. As with the SE case, I think there are better ways of handling things and I think the issues he speaks of were known beforehand (at least in Nigeria's case).
Platinum,

I realize the owners are foreign and I referenced Oliseh's use of the word because it is an intentional use. I believe it is an attempt to put the fans against the club owners. It isn't disguised, if you ask me. The message is gazing at the reader.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:

:clap:

better way of handling this than twitter

future employers will definitely take note.

no one likes a snitch

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enugu II wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:

Platinum,

I realize the owners are foreign and I referenced Oliseh's use of the word because it is an intentional use. I believe it is an attempt to put the fans against the club owners. It isn't disguised, if you ask me. The message is gazing at the reader.
yup. stoking the flames of xenophobia
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

He is making a rod for his own back. If conditions are untenable leave, join a new club and then have your day in court or in the press..

Let your record do the talking..I am sure Mike Emanalo had a lot to say but chose not to.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

SylverEagles wrote:
folem wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

Waffiman, are you surprised people are already jubilating about the termination of the coach, yet they haven't heard the coach's side of the story? Like I have said before; there are - AT LEAST - two sides to a story and at most, FIVE sides. We have only heard one side of it and many are already throwing a PARTY about it. Kai, bad belle plenti for hia abot Oliseh-o!
Like who? Where?
People are VERY VERY SAD about this news and are wondering why this has come up AGAIN.
But we are still praying that it all works out esp as we have now heard it is a suspension and not a sacking. :idea:
Like who? Well, the content of some people's post says it and I need not call names. Where? Right here in this thread/Site. Very clear and self explanatory
Odas, nobody is 'jubilating'.
That's an exaggeration.
Somebody eying that Sittard job may be 'jubilating'. The "I told u so crew" may be 'jubilating'. U can only speak for yourself in the cutthroat world of footie.
Ah another one!! Yes, that omnipresent 'enemy'! It is never someone or something tangible.
We are really effed up as a people!! :mad:
SylverEagles,

Get a life and stop wanting people to act the way you think they should. Thus far, you have shown from your position in this matter (by attacking others) you are a CONTROL FREAK. Unfortunately, you are trying to control the WRONG person and the wrong person is; ME!

Please keep this discussion on what it is. Additionally, please ensure you don't spill another nonsense towards me because I will certainly respond with equal - ANTAGONISM.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

3 signs you are the toxic person in your work place (and what to do about it!!.
1. You make everything about you.
2. You say and do passive aggressive things
3. You're jealous of others's success.
Here you go Mr Sonny :oops:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Thank you! I'm not his biggest fan but we need to hear more.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

You have managed to build your career and put it right back on track with the fantastic job you have done and then this? Can his brother who is a lawyer reign him in pls.

Anyway this is football, he will get another job. When cluns are desperate and find themselves in the fortuna sittard situation in desperate need of result,they will look for the likes of him.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:He needs help. This behavior has trailed him everywhere he went. From head-butting in Dortmund to fighing everybody as player and then Captain of SE to fighting everybody at the NFF, to this. It can't all be someone else's fault. He needs anger management or therapy or both.
Including possible medication.

The folks who chastized Vince might owe Vince an apology.

The man said while he was in Naijaria that he was under spiritual attack. This latest incident is a testament that the problem is him, not other people, him.

I hope he gets help... figure out some stress coping mechanism or sontin.
... apology for what? Apology for being obnoxious and rude to his superior? At a certain age, we are all responsible for our actions - whether good or bad. Thus, it's ok to be stubborn, but be ready to handle the end result when times comes.
I guess you haven't read the multiple reports why he was relieved of his duties?

Vince is not with him at Fortuna neither is any Naijarian player of Naijarian witches or wizards.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:He needs help. This behavior has trailed him everywhere he went. From head-butting in Dortmund to fighing everybody as player and then Captain of SE to fighting everybody at the NFF, to this. It can't all be someone else's fault. He needs anger management or therapy or both.
Including possible medication.

The folks who chastized Vince might owe Vince an apology.

The man said while he was in Naijaria that he was under spiritual attack. This latest incident is a testament that the problem is him, not other people, him.

I hope he gets help... figure out some stress coping mechanism or sontin.
... apology for what? Apology for being obnoxious and rude to his superior? At a certain age, we are all responsible for our actions - whether good or bad. Thus, it's ok to be stubborn, but be ready to handle the end result when times comes.
I guess you haven't read the multiple reports why he was relieved of his duties?

Vince is not with him at Fortuna neither is any Naijarian player of Naijarian witches or wizards.

I see ur hate for Oliseh remains.

He has made a very serious allegation, and openly. If folks cannot give him any benefit of the doubt, they can at least wait for the full information on this to emerge...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Odas wrote:
shaq wrote:

Wise words indeed.
Just surprised as people are jumping into all kinds of conclusions and blaming Oliseh, not waiting on all sides
I am surprised as well. In fact, I am MORE than surprised. It shows many has been praying for Oliseh's failure all these days/years. I have never met Oliseh, but to wish one fails in his life endeavor as has been displayed in this issue, is monumental.
Praying for his failure? Chief Odas, I am highly disappointed in your choice of words.

Of all the ridiculous things folks say on the Internet. Why would a fellow African or for that matter a fellow Naijarian pray for his downfall?

Him succeeding would have paved the way for his fellow Africans.

Oliseh should take responsibility for his actions that led to his firing. When he quit on Naijaria on the eve of the AFCON qualifier it was everyones fault but his. There gets a point in a man's age where he looks himself in the mirror and blames himself for his own travails.

The profession he has chosen is a very unforgiving one. You don't want to have 'Character' issues associated with your name. It also does not help when you make spurious allegations against your former employer in public. These guys are a fraternity. How quick he is to forget the people that gave him an opportunity. The same way he didn't care about Pinnick who gave him a similar opportunity.

In most employment contracts you are not allowed to say anything that can be construed as detrimental to the organization even if they unjustly let you go. It is not done anywhere.

As for folks praying for Oliseh's downfall? Seriously? :shock:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!