Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fortuna Sittard have confirmed the sacking of former Sup

Post by realtrouble »

Pavarotti wrote:Fortuna Sittard Sack Sunday Oliseh Over Poor Working Relations

Sunday Oliseh has been sacked as coach of Fortuna Sittard.

The club has made this known in a statement on their official website

The club claims he didn’t get along with management and had strained relations with players and staff. . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/fortuna-s ... relations/
His people skills must have been that bad, when you consider their position in the Dutch second division..

[
Last edited by realtrouble on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Waffiman wrote:This from Oliseh on Twitter:

I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion
The dude just does NOT learn and is probably incapable of learning... anger gets the best of him most times.

Why use such strong words against his former employers? He will now have to tell the authorities what illegal activities they asked him to partake in.

According to reports they are yet to finalize his severance package. Making such unguarded comment could be detrimental to the club and might affect his ability to get compensation.

Is he even thinking about his next job, railroading his former employers? :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.
Wise words indeed.
Just surprised as people are jumping into all kinds of conclusions and blaming Oliseh, not waiting on all sides
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

If I were coach Oliseh's agent, I will tell him to be quiet and to speak ONLY through his attorneys. No response to text messages, twits and et al.
Last edited by Odas on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.
Waffiman, are you surprised people are already jubilating about the termination of the coach, yet they haven't heard the coach's side of the story? Like I have said before; there are - AT LEAST - two sides to a story and at most, FIVE sides. We have only heard one side of it and many are already throwing a PARTY about it. Kai, bad belle plenti for hia abot Oliseh-o!
Like who? Where?
People are VERY VERY SAD about this news and are wondering why this has come up AGAIN.
But we are still praying that it all works out esp as we have now heard it is a suspension and not a sacking. :idea:
Like who? Well, the content of some people's post says it and I need not call names. Where? Right here in this thread/Site. Very clear and self explanatory
Odas, nobody is 'jubilating'.
That's an exaggeration.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

SylverEagles wrote:

You know what? You may be right here. This may be the typical oyinbo can't handle the "Strong black guy". I mean Mourinho still has a job...And I feel he's the most despicable manager out there.

So you are now comparing Oliseh to Mourinho? Wow :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:

I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion
The dude just does NOT learn and is probably incapable of learning... anger gets the best of him most times.

Why use such strong words against his former employers? He will now have to tell the authorities what illegal activities they asked him to partake in.

According to reports they are yet to finalize his severance package. Making such unguarded comment could be detrimental to the club and might affect his ability to get compensation.

That's crazy, you don't just go around throwing such allegations and esp. on social media where the world can see...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

shaq wrote:

Wise words indeed.
Just surprised as people are jumping into all kinds of conclusions and blaming Oliseh, not waiting on all sides
I am surprised as well. In fact, I am MORE than surprised. It shows many has been praying for Oliseh's failure all these days/years. I have never met Oliseh, but to wish one fails in his life endeavor as has been displayed in this issue, is monumental.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

Waffiman, are you surprised people are already jubilating about the termination of the coach, yet they haven't heard the coach's side of the story? Like I have said before; there are - AT LEAST - two sides to a story and at most, FIVE sides. We have only heard one side of it and many are already throwing a PARTY about it. Kai, bad belle plenti for hia abot Oliseh-o!
Like who? Where?
People are VERY VERY SAD about this news and are wondering why this has come up AGAIN.
But we are still praying that it all works out esp as we have now heard it is a suspension and not a sacking. :idea:
Like who? Well, the content of some people's post says it and I need not call names. Where? Right here in this thread/Site. Very clear and self explanatory
That's an exaggeration
... ok, bros!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

That's crazy, you don't just go around throwing such allegations and esp. on social media where the world can see...
Oliseh needs a bit more than a mentor at this stage, he might just need a chaperone.

He is just throwing a tantrum at the moment.

Even if there is something shady going down, TWITTER? Seriously!
niyi
Egg
Egg
Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Post by niyi »

Last edited by niyi on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Oliseh Going Down With A Fight

Post by niyi »

Our Oliseh needs to grow up. If this was the case I'll think it's better to save it for the courts rather than leave it online in public. If you do decide to come out online then you have to state what these illegal activities are. We get it Sunny, it's never your fault.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

truetalk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Oliseh needs a bit more than a mentor at this stage, he might just need a chaperone.

He is just throwing a tantrum at the moment.

Even if there is something shady going down, TWITTER? Seriously!
It's quite shocking to say the least! At this point in his career, he has to have more self control...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

This is not good! This might be a deterrent to him hired in the future. Even the likes of mourinho etc never snitched in clubs
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

This is not a fight. This is throwing a tantrum and beating the air around you.

Twitter is not where you report illegal activity.

Someone that Oliseh respects and looks up to should reach out to him and caution him right now. He is hurting himself & his prospects a lot more. This does not make him look good to anyone. Just playing out the stereotype of being difficult, having anger issues, not the inability to manage or control his emotions.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

Like who? Where?
That's an exaggeration.
Somebody eying that Sittard job may be 'jubilating'. The "I told u so crew" may be 'jubilating'. U can only speak for yourself in the cutthroat world of footie.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Cellular wrote:

Is Oliseh not foreign?
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Odas wrote:
shaq wrote:

Wise words indeed.
I am surprised as well. In fact, I am MORE than surprised. It shows many has been praying for Oliseh's failure all these days/years. I have never met Oliseh, but to wish one fails in his life endeavor as has been displayed in this issue, is monumental.
Ok, I can't take this ish anymore!! As a society, we really need to evolve past ridiculous mindsets like this odas guy.

First, Damunk asked you to point out those you accused of jubilating at this news, but you couldn't or wouldn't. Why? Is is because it is a figment of your imagination??

Now, you are asserting that people are praying for Oliseh's failure. Seriously?! Of how many things people are facing in their lives, you believe in their prayers they are saying to God, "Baba God, please make Coach Oliseh fail today o!!". Do you see how ridiculous that sounds??

Stop this nonsense!! This type of witch-hunting mentality really needs to stop!! :mad: :mad:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

folem wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

Like who? Where?
That's an exaggeration.
Somebody eying that Sittard job may be 'jubilating'. The "I told u so crew" may be 'jubilating'. U can only speak for yourself in the cutthroat world of footie.
Ah another one!! Yes, that omnipresent 'enemy'! It is never someone or something tangible.

We are really effed up as a people!! :mad:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Post by charlie »

Talking about nuking bridges....
I understand if he is being treated unfairly,...I definitely sounds dodgy to fire someone who puts you in a successful position.

That said, Twitter is not the place to fight back. Hire a lawyer and fight them in court, or take your punches, and move on to a more lucrative deal somewhere else.

At this point, I dont know how Sunday expects any club to trust him moving forward.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

My goodness. This guy

As much as I criticized his SE tenure, I was rooting for him on this job...he just doesn't change
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Post by Enugu II »

niyi wrote:
Why this? Simply a reminder of what happened in SE. Not good. Kai, claims of "illegal activities" and "foreign owners." These words are designed for an effect. I shake my head.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:He needs help. This behavior has trailed him everywhere he went. From head-butting in Dortmund to fighing everybody as player and then Captain of SE to fighting everybody at the NFF, to this. It can't all be someone else's fault. He needs anger management or therapy or both.
Including possible medication.

The folks who chastized Vince might owe Vince an apology.

The man said while he was in Naijaria that he was under spiritual attack. This latest incident is a testament that the problem is him, not other people, him.

I hope he gets help... figure out some stress coping mechanism or sontin.
Honestly, this strikes me as a psychological issue...something is chemically off with Oliseh. It just doesn't make sense He needs some medication.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet