Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Fortuna Sittard have confirmed the sacking of former Sup

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:
platinum wrote:From Fortuna Sittard
The coach has made the cooperation with many people within the organization impossible, from players to employees. Fortuna Sittard regrets the decision, but states that the club goes above everything else.
That's Oliseh alright. The guy dropped Nigeria in the last minute, not thinking about the consequences of his action on our AFCON hopes. He's too self centred. Didn't about his decision on the whole country
He did what was best for himself and his family at that time.

The club has also done what is best for them and their players.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I am saddened in hearing this. I had thought coach will continue to thrive, make some people EAT their humble Pies and for such people to remain in their 'self-imposed' HOUSE of exile
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

By the way, it's a suspension not an outright sacking.
"Several attempts by the club to encourage a change in the coach's behaviour have unfortunately not worked, resulting in an unworkable situation," the statement said.

"The board of Fortuna Sittard emphasizes that the decision to suspend Sunday Oliseh is not motivated by the current sporting performance."

"The coach's unacceptable actions have made cooperation between many people within the organization impossible - from players to employees.

"Fortuna Sittard regrets the decision, but states that the club interest goes above all else."
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

platinum wrote:By the way, it's a suspension not an outright sacking.
"Several attempts by the club to encourage a change in the coach's behaviour have unfortunately not worked, resulting in an unworkable situation," the statement said.

"The board of Fortuna Sittard emphasizes that the decision to suspend Sunday Oliseh is not motivated by the current sporting performance."

"The coach's unacceptable actions have made cooperation between many people within the organization impossible - from players to employees.

"Fortuna Sittard regrets the decision, but states that the club interest goes above all else."
Well that's even worse. Why would a coach be suspended? :???: :???:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.

Wise words.

I am reading Shownoja saying he can come to England and I can't help but smile. A black man, with hot belle, coach an EPL team? Dem never ready.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

You know what? You may be right here. This may be the typical oyinbo can't handle the "Strong black guy". I mean Mourinho still has a job...And I feel he's the most despicable manager out there.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:He needs help. This behavior has trailed him everywhere he went. From head-butting in Dortmund to fighing everybody as player and then Captain of SE to fighting everybody at the NFF, to this. It can't all be someone else's fault. He needs anger management or therapy or both.
Including possible medication.

The folks who chastized Vince might owe Vince an apology.

The man said while he was in Naijaria that he was under spiritual attack. This latest incident is a testament that the problem is him, not other people, him.

I hope he gets help... figure out some stress coping mechanism or sontin.
... apology for what? Apology for being obnoxious and rude to his superior? At a certain age, we are all responsible for our actions - whether good or bad. Thus, it's ok to be stubborn, but be ready to handle the end result when times comes.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

OP, change the title, dem neva sack am.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Waffiman, are you surprised people are already jubilating about the termination of the coach, yet they haven't heard the coach's side of the story? Like I have said before; there are - AT LEAST - two sides to a story and at most, FIVE sides. We have only heard one side of it and many are already throwing a PARTY about it. Kai, bad belle plenti for hia abot Oliseh-o!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

What a good day for Mr Solowe or Jackal. He will be back with a bang to toot his horn and prance around like a peacock he is.

I hate this news with a passion. Wether na suspension or firing it just doesn’t bode well for Mr Oliseh’s reputation either way. I wish the totality of the event will show him in a better light.

A club that was stuck close to the bottom, he came in and changed their fortune. For them to get where they are now with this suspension/firing or whatever will lead most people to believe Oliseh was guilty.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This from Oliseh on Twitter:

I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:This from Oliseh on Twitter:

I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion
ILLEGAL? Wow, that's a strong statement from Sunny. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he's correct but going from what we saw with the Super Eagles situation, you have to know certain things happen before you accept a job. With Nigeria, none of those things are new and things have barely changed. With Sittard, I can only guess but football is a really messy sport.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Oh wow!! This is getting juicier by the minute. I sincerely hope he's on the right side of this. This is just messy for everyone involved!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... there we go! Another side of the story is beginning to emerge. Thus, without waiting for the club to address the word 'ILLEGAL' in coach Oliseh's twit, I may as well say he did well for refusing to participate in illegal activities.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote:

Waffiman, are you surprised people are already jubilating about the termination of the coach, yet they haven't heard the coach's side of the story? Like I have said before; there are - AT LEAST - two sides to a story and at most, FIVE sides. We have only heard one side of it and many are already throwing a PARTY about it. Kai, bad belle plenti for hia abot Oliseh-o!
Like who? Where?
People are VERY VERY SAD about this news and are wondering why this has come up AGAIN.
But we are still praying that it all works out esp as we have now heard it is a suspension and not a sacking. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

platinum wrote:

ILLEGAL? Wow, that's a strong statement from Sunny. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he's correct but going from what we saw with the Super Eagles situation, you have to know certain things happen before you accept a job. With Nigeria, none of those things are new and things have barely changed. With Sittard, I can only guess but football is a really messy sport.
Assuming such is true, the coach did well to have refused taking part in such. Yes, he will be terminated now that he has opened-up this 'Can of worm' with the word "illegal', but at least he will not be going to jail. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Like I said earlier it will take a very damning accusation and or evidence for most to go with him. Watching this case with keen eyes and hope he comes out smelling like roses.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

SylverEagles wrote:

Oh wow!! This is getting juicier by the minute. I sincerely hope he's on the right side of this. This is just messy for everyone involved!
Exactly! If he has made this statement and is ready to back it up, then fine. But by this statement alone, things are going to get really messy.
I just pray he has not used those words carelessly because they could finish him.
"Illegal activities'?
Wow. That's a big one.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

platinum wrote:OP, change the title, dem neva sack am.
He has been fired. They initially used suspension while the attornies are working out the severance package.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:

Like who? Where?
People are VERY VERY SAD about this news and are wondering why this has come up AGAIN.
But we are still praying that it all works out esp as we have now heard it is a suspension and not a sacking. :idea:
Like who? Well, the content of some people's post says it and I need not call names. Where? Right here in this thread/Site. Very clear and self explanatory
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cellular wrote:
platinum wrote:OP, change the title, dem neva sack am.
He has been fired. They initially used suspension while the attornies are working out the severance package.

Story dey always get belle with Sunday Oliseh. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Character is like a smoke..........it must surely come out.

Time for Oliseh to have that "look in the mirror" session
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley