Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fortuna Sittard have confirmed the sacking of former Sup

Post by txj »

aruako1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.
Thank you! I'm not his biggest fan but we need to hear more.

I have never understood the hatred for Oliseh on CE...even given his history of service to Nigeria...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:He needs help. This behavior has trailed him everywhere he went. From head-butting in Dortmund to fighing everybody as player and then Captain of SE to fighting everybody at the NFF, to this. It can't all be someone else's fault. He needs anger management or therapy or both.
Including possible medication.

The folks who chastized Vince might owe Vince an apology.

The man said while he was in Naijaria that he was under spiritual attack. This latest incident is a testament that the problem is him, not other people, him.

I hope he gets help... figure out some stress coping mechanism or sontin.
... apology for what? Apology for being obnoxious and rude to his superior? At a certain age, we are all responsible for our actions - whether good or bad. Thus, it's ok to be stubborn, but be ready to handle the end result when times comes.
I guess you haven't read the multiple reports why he was relieved of his duties?

Vince is not with him at Fortuna neither is any Naijarian player of Naijarian witches or wizards.

I see ur hate for Oliseh remains.

He has made a very serious allegation, and openly. If folks cannot give him any benefit of the doubt, they can at least wait for the full information on this to emerge...
You are #$%ing punk!

Hate Oliseh for what reason?

Who is Oliseh for me to hate him?

Find someone else to bait. :arrow: :arrow:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oliseh Fired; Going Down With A Fight

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
niyi wrote:
Why this? Simply a reminder of what happened in SE. Not good. Kai, claims of "illegal activities" and "foreign owners." These words are designed for an effect. I shake my head.

As with the SE case, he may well have a point. The ownership of Sittard is Turkish IIRC. The illegal activities would not surprise me one bit. Football is a truly murky sport. Who knows really. As with the SE case, I think there are better ways of handling things and I think the issues he speaks of were known beforehand (at least in Nigeria's case).
Platinum,

I realize the owners are foreign and I referenced Oliseh's use of the word because it is an intentional use. I believe it is an attempt to put the fans against the club owners. It isn't disguised, if you ask me. The message is gazing at the reader.

Why would you automatically default to a negative?

Why would you automatically rule out any chance of credibility in Oliseh's statement?

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:He needs help. This behavior has trailed him everywhere he went. From head-butting in Dortmund to fighing everybody as player and then Captain of SE to fighting everybody at the NFF, to this. It can't all be someone else's fault. He needs anger management or therapy or both.

The man said while he was in Naijaria that he was under spiritual attack. This latest incident is a testament that the problem is him, not other people, him.

... apology for what? Apology for being obnoxious and rude to his superior? At a certain age, we are all responsible for our actions - whether good or bad. Thus, it's ok to be stubborn, but be ready to handle the end result when times comes.
I guess you haven't read the multiple reports why he was relieved of his duties?

Vince is not with him at Fortuna neither is any Naijarian player of Naijarian witches or wizards.

He has made a very serious allegation, and openly. If folks cannot give him any benefit of the doubt, they can at least wait for the full information on this to emerge...
You are #$%ing punk!

Calm down, bro...

You have given him zero benefit of the doubt on this issue.

And based on that, you are automatically validating past allegation against him...

Why an automatic default to a negative about Oliseh?

Why bro?

shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:

This...
Thank you sir
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Why is Oliseh going gaga on twitter? He should move on ...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Why is Oliseh going gaga on twitter? He should move on ...
Move on from what?

What if he has a point? Or are you saying he is incapable of having any point whatsoever?

And if so, what is the basis of ur position?

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Chief, regardless of what the issue(s) is/are in Fortuna - which we don't fully know at moment - Enyeama deserves no apology from Oliseh based on what has been said about the commotion between both.

If an apology is to be rendered in the fiasco between coach Oliseh and Mr. Enyeama, it must be done by the latter who chose to ABANDON the entire nation when we NEEDED him. If I were in the position and capable, I would have given Enyeama 24 strokes of koboko when he got back to Nigeria.

Now, I see why President Saddam Hussein (RIP) and his children (RIP) did what they did to some lazy athletes in their country when they lose badly :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, Enyeama deserves no apology from Oliseh, instead Enyeama should APOLOGIZE to the nation.
Last edited by Odas on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I think we are rushing to judge here. Why not wait to hear the other side of this story?

I know how difficult things can get for Black coaches in clubs like these. Maybe Oliseh's conduct left a lot to be desired, but I cannot wholly trust the word of the club at this time. It is not fair to rush into conclusions on the basis of one side's version of events.
Waffiman, are you surprised people are already jubilating about the termination of the coach, yet they haven't heard the coach's side of the story? Like I have said before; there are - AT LEAST - two sides to a story and at most, FIVE sides. We have only heard one side of it and many are already throwing a PARTY about it. Kai, bad belle plenti for hia abot Oliseh-o!
Like who? Where?
People are VERY VERY SAD about this news and are wondering why this has come up AGAIN.
But we are still praying that it all works out esp as we have now heard it is a suspension and not a sacking. :idea:
Really?

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

The language used by Fortuna is very damning
It could result in him being blacklisted in Europe especially given
1.his reputation
2.the colour of his skin
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote:This from Oliseh on Twitter:

I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion
The dude just does NOT learn and is probably incapable of learning... anger gets the best of him most times.

Why use such strong words against his former employers? He will now have to tell the authorities what illegal activities they asked him to partake in.

According to reports they are yet to finalize his severance package. Making such unguarded comment could be detrimental to the club and might affect his ability to get compensation.

Is he even thinking about his next job, railroading his former employers? :?

What if he is right?

Or are you saying he is incapable of ever being right on an issue as this?

Why not wait for the full story to emerge before reaching a precipitous negative conclusion about him?

Why do you always assume he is wrong?

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Odas wrote:
Cellular wrote:

You are #$%ing punk!

Calm down, bro...

And based on that, you are automatically validating past allegation against him...

Why bro?
Hahahaha, you are funny bro. I don't hate Oliseh. I once campaigned for him and folks like him to be given an opportunity.

I also had the privilege to talk to Mr. Pinnick about what transpired under Oliseh and he had a lot to say that he said should be off the record. I reached out to other folks who worked with him as well as a couple of players including the very Vince he had the spat with... I just couldn't reach Oliseh to get his own version. But even people who liked him and who he played on the team narrated the incident the exact same way... they all said the same thing about his temperament. I asked Pinnick, didn't he know he was like that, and he responded something like, "Naijaria is not for everybody... that he was fighting everybody." That before he resigned he even told him to wait until he (Pinnick) got back before resigning... Pinnick attributed it to "Warri blood" but I reminded him that bobo is not from Warri.

The point is that he (Oliseh) has had the temper issues in the past. Him being fired is not coming out of left field. It is like someone being surprised that Mourinho has worn out his welcome. It will not surprise anyone. But to now attribute that to hating the man? Come on dude.
We ALL need for folks that look like us to succeed, especially in challenging environments. I will NEVER hate on my fellow African. He is earning his wages and has a family to feed. Why would I hate on him?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I confirm: Due to my refusal to participate in Illegal activities at Fortuna sittard & violate the Law,i have been Suspended from my duties as Coach by the Foreign Owners of Fortuna.Unfortunate for the lovely fans, my players & our hard fought phenomenal positioning for Promotion
The dude just does NOT learn and is probably incapable of learning... anger gets the best of him most times.

Why use such strong words against his former employers? He will now have to tell the authorities what illegal activities they asked him to partake in.

According to reports they are yet to finalize his severance package. Making such unguarded comment could be detrimental to the club and might affect his ability to get compensation.

What if he is right?

Why not wait for the full story to emerge before reaching a precipitous negative conclusion about him?

Precedent!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Here you are, a Nigerian football fan, a black man...

But you are citing as evidence of Oliseh's failures, his reaction to being racially abused...

Some of you are unbelievable!

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

What if he is right?

Precedent!

What precedence exactly?

His unjustified reaction to the wonderful employer that the NFF was?

What precedence?

Why the hate, bro?

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Move on from what?

What if he has a point? Or are you saying he is incapable of having any point whatsoever?

Twitter or any social media platform is NOT the proper channel to address your displeasure with your former employers especially when it could be detrimental to your person... both now and in the future.

Such tantrums when you don't have leverage is ill-advised.

But he can go ahead and keep it real. :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Sadly, Oliseh has lost his job at Fortuna Sittard. Despite the rather unfortunate and forgettable manner he parted ways with the Super Eagles, I was hoping a Nigerian manager will finally make an important headway in Europe. To think he was well on his way...
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:Calm down, bro...

Why bro?
Hahahaha, you are funny bro. I don't hate Oliseh. I once campaigned for him and folks like him to be given an opportunity.

I also had the privilege to talk to Mr. Pinnick about what transpired under Oliseh and he had a lot to say that he said should be off the record. I reached out to other folks who worked with him as well as a couple of players including the very Vince he had the spat with... I just couldn't reach Oliseh to get his own version. But even people who liked him and who he played on the team narrated the incident the exact same way... they all said the same thing about his temperament. I asked Pinnick, didn't he know he was like that, and he responded something like, "Naijaria is not for everybody... that he was fighting everybody." That before he resigned he even told him to wait until he (Pinnick) got back before resigning... Pinnick attributed it to "Warri blood" but I reminded him that bobo is not from Warri.

The point is that he (Oliseh) has had the temper issues in the past. Him being fired is not coming out of left field. It is like someone being surprised that Mourinho has worn out his welcome. It will not surprise anyone. But to now attribute that to hating the man? Come on dude.
We ALL need for folks that look like us to succeed, especially in challenging environments. I will NEVER hate on my fellow African. He is earning his wages and has a family to feed. Why would I hate on him?

I wonder if you ever spared a moment in ur Inspector Clouseau investigation to ask Pinnick why he never paid Oliseh as the contract he signed demands...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:

But you are citing as evidence of Oliseh's failures, his reaction to being racially abused...

He attacked his own teammate.

That is at a minimum, assault. Could have impacted his future (ability to land a job) had the player pressed charges.

There are proper ways to go about dealing with issues.

We have plenty of our black people locked up because they can't check their emotions. That incident is not one he or anyone should be proud of.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Move on from what?

Twitter or any social media platform is NOT the proper channel to address your displeasure with your former employers especially when it could be detrimental to your person... both now and in the future.

Such tantrums when you don't have leverage is ill-advised.

But he can go ahead and keep it real. :roll:
Its just another medium of communication in the 21st century...(from ur idol, DJ Trump)

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

SylverEagles wrote:
Odas wrote:
shaq wrote:

Wise words indeed.
Just surprised as people are jumping into all kinds of conclusions and blaming Oliseh, not waiting on all sides
I am surprised as well. In fact, I am MORE than surprised. It shows many has been praying for Oliseh's failure all these days/years. I have never met Oliseh, but to wish one fails in his life endeavor as has been displayed in this issue, is monumental.
Ok, I can't take this ish anymore!! As a society, we really need to evolve past ridiculous mindsets like this odas guy.

First, Damunk asked you to point out those you accused of jubilating at this news, but you couldn't or wouldn't. Why? Is is because it is a figment of your imagination??

Now, you are asserting that people are praying for Oliseh's failure. Seriously?! Of how many things people are facing in their lives, you believe in their prayers they are saying to God, "Baba God, please make Coach Oliseh fail today o!!". Do you see how ridiculous that sounds??

Stop this nonsense!! This type of witch-hunting mentality really needs to stop!! :mad: :mad:
Thank you! The man is in the public eye and every action he takes will be scrutinized. Most of Oliseh's critics respect him and were happy with his impressive performance at Sittard. Some do not like him but surely that is normal - I do not like Mourinho but I do not pray for him to lose his job. He was a great captain and I supported him against the NFA in 2002. As most have pointed out his man management as SE coach was very poor. I will wait to hear what happened at Sittard but the tweet appears to be ill advised. No matter how this turns out he needs to look at himself.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:

He attacked his own teammate.

That is at a minimum, assault. Could have impacted his future (ability to land a job) had the player pressed charges.

There are proper ways to go about dealing with issues.

We have plenty of our black people locked up because they can't check their emotions. That incident is not one he or anyone should be proud of.

You appear more concerned about the fate of Moeller than the racial assault on Oliseh?

Ever wonder why he Moeller did not press charges?

Ever wonder why he went on to play for Ajax even after the incident?
Last edited by txj on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

tunde72 wrote:

How about his antecedents? In as much as we all want hom not to fail. We also need to understand the records of all his major behaviors from playing time will always be a point of reference.
So you convict a man without evidence for said crime cos he has previous. My brother nor be so. We have to give the benefit of doubt and at least make sure we are aware of the facts before we judge.

Oliseh's previous (however you view them) does not automatically make him at fault for what has happened. We need to be fair and not condemn a man on such grounds.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.