CL- ( RMD 3 : 1 PSG) & ( POR 0 : 5 LIV) FT.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CL- ( RMD 3 : 1 PSG) & ( POR 0 : 5 LIV) FT.

Post by ohsee »

:D :taunt:
Coachito nwokem, congrats to my man Zidane. :thumbs:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:PSG should sacked the coach,no point having such a coach.I mean what was he thinking?Real is not good this season,Spurs play them home and away and they were the better team and did not open nyash.
This season CL if English team believe they might win it.City,Liverpool and Spurs can beat any of the teams....
I actually prefer that Madrid goes through, coz Pep's City would absolutely destroy this PSG if they meet in the later stages.
Just how naive that coach is was shown that season when Barcelona made an astonishing come back.
PSG needs more time and maybe a better coach
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote:
platinum wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Again coaches making head scratching decisions to the detriment of their teams.

Emery taking out Cavani for Meunier was unnecessary. Mbappe was not effective as a 9. I think he was too worried about defending Marcelo instead of exploiting it.

Second im of the opinion Veratti should have been asked to sit and Draxler and Rabiot play in the midfield in front of him. Lo Celso is decent againt Dijon but this is Madrid we are talking. He was out of pocket today and Modric ran rings around him.

There'll be plenty of goals in Paris for sure.
Emery always does this to his teams, overly cautious. Killed them last year and looks like it'll kill them this year.

I didn't mind him giving Lo Celso and Verratti the dual pivot roles, it's an away game and if you don't throw the kid in the water, you never find out how big his eggs truly are. He'd played well for PSG this season.

For me the real problem was the respect they gave Real. They played them like they were two-time European champs which they are, but last season is old hat. If Real play Man City, watch how Pep will have his guys take the game to Real. Even Tottenham showed far less respect to Real. PSG are not learning lessons and it'll get this coach fired.

There'll be goals in Paris for sure but if Emery doesn't set his team up to fly about with recklessness (like Zidane did when he yanked Casemiro and threw on Vazquez and Asensio) then it'll be another premature end for them.
You just validated my point.

There was absolutely no need for a double pivot. They had the game under control and would have forced the issue more with Draxler combining with the front 3 from get go.

Taking off Cavani was just....BAD.

No double pivot against Madrid featuring Isco in a 4-man midfield?
Are you serious?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

..... Arsenal for life ! :D
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Globero wrote:..... Arsenal for life ! :D

Europa league games are tomorrow................. nothing to see here
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

txj wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
platinum wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Again coaches making head scratching decisions to the detriment of their teams.

Emery taking out Cavani for Meunier was unnecessary. Mbappe was not effective as a 9. I think he was too worried about defending Marcelo instead of exploiting it.

Second im of the opinion Veratti should have been asked to sit and Draxler and Rabiot play in the midfield in front of him. Lo Celso is decent againt Dijon but this is Madrid we are talking. He was out of pocket today and Modric ran rings around him.

Emery always does this to his teams, overly cautious. Killed them last year and looks like it'll kill them this year.

I didn't mind him giving Lo Celso and Verratti the dual pivot roles, it's an away game and if you don't throw the kid in the water, you never find out how big his eggs truly are. He'd played well for PSG this season.

For me the real problem was the respect they gave Real. They played them like they were two-time European champs which they are, but last season is old hat. If Real play Man City, watch how Pep will have his guys take the game to Real. Even Tottenham showed far less respect to Real. PSG are not learning lessons and it'll get this coach fired.

There'll be goals in Paris for sure but if Emery doesn't set his team up to fly about with recklessness (like Zidane did when he yanked Casemiro and threw on Vazquez and Asensio) then it'll be another premature end for them.

There was absolutely no need for a double pivot. They had the game under control and would have forced the issue more with Draxler combining with the front 3 from get go.

Are you serious?
Yes. More than one way to skin a cat.

Madrid were ripe for the taking if you’ve watched them recently. The aim will be to put them on the back foot and have control more in their half of the field. Veratti CAN sit and has done that a lot this season. Madrid’s diamond leaves their fullbacks isolated. Playing the inverted triangle in midfield would have allowed for quicker outlets to Neymar and Mbappe to run at their full backs.

Defensively u obviously press aggressively and then adjust to a flat 3 in the middle if they beat the press and dont counter. If they counter, yes you’re screwed but that’s the risk reward.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ugbowo wrote:
txj wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
platinum wrote:

Are you serious?
Yes. More than one way to skin a cat.

Madrid were ripe for the taking if you’ve watched them recently. The aim will be to put them on the back foot and have control more in their half of the field. Veratti CAN sit and has done that a lot this season. Madrid’s diamond leaves their fullbacks isolated. Playing the inverted triangle in midfield would have allowed for quicker outlets to Neymar and Mbappe to run at their full backs.

Defensively u obviously press aggressively and then adjust to a flat 3 in the middle if they beat the press and dont counter. If they counter, yes you’re screwed but that’s the risk reward.
Its the double pivot that put PSG in the conversation in the first place. Not even Barca is willing to do a full court press on Madrid...

This was a game of moments. Emery failed to recognize his...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Zidane odogwu! Coachito wey you? :D