I hope for their sake that Croatia's defense has improved

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I hope for their sake that Croatia's defense has improve

Post by wiseone »

Yes, one of their key CDs is Lovren (a dodgy defender at EPL level). Yet if he was Nigerian he would walk into Nigeria's first 11. It says much that a guy that is regarded as a dodgy CD in the EPL is still better than our own CDs. A draw against Croatia would be a good result.
marutimon wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Croatia is no joke in any area of the field. They cannot be underestimated
Look... from midfield onward Croatia is pure class. But honestly... Ask yourself - if your best defender was Lovren, then would you feel safe having such a defence? Ask any Liverpool fan what they think about Lovren. Vrsaljko is a great right back, but Vida is a mistake-prone defender and loses most challenges save for headers and Pivaric makes our left back options look good.

Not to mention that Croatia does not have a half-decent DM, so Rakitic and Modric pretend to be them. That means they effectively have no players known for breaking up play, unlike Nigeria (Ndidi, Onazi, even Etebo or Mikel).

Croatia thrives on possession, but are vulnerable to counterattacks. Nigeria meanwhile loves to break up possession play and to counter attack. So Nigeria seems like an ideal fit for Croatia.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:Yes, one of their key CDs is Lovren (a dodgy defender at EPL level). Yet if he was Nigerian he would walk into Nigeria's first 11. It says much that a guy that is regarded as a dodgy CD in the EPL is still better than our own CDs. A draw against Croatia would be a good result.
marutimon wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Croatia is no joke in any area of the field. They cannot be underestimated
Look... from midfield onward Croatia is pure class. But honestly... Ask yourself - if your best defender was Lovren, then would you feel safe having such a defence? Ask any Liverpool fan what they think about Lovren. Vrsaljko is a great right back, but Vida is a mistake-prone defender and loses most challenges save for headers and Pivaric makes our left back options look good.

Not to mention that Croatia does not have a half-decent DM, so Rakitic and Modric pretend to be them. That means they effectively have no players known for breaking up play, unlike Nigeria (Ndidi, Onazi, even Etebo or Mikel).

Croatia thrives on possession, but are vulnerable to counterattacks. Nigeria meanwhile loves to break up possession play and to counter attack. So Nigeria seems like an ideal fit for Croatia.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I always chuckle when people make this argument. The actual argument should be, "If Lovren was Nigerian, would he be playing in the EPL?" :D

Awaziem was promoted to the Porto first team at the age of 19 (or was it 18 sef). Then he moves to Nantes in France and he is immediately a starter. I know where Awaziem will be if he was an Englishman.

Look at Michael Keane, the guy that United threw into the trash (Burnley) and then Everton bought him. He has been a horror show for Everton. Look at Smalling. Plays for Manchester United. yet, he cannot calculate the flight of a ball and misses header for fun. And then you have Cahill at Chelsea. And Dier at Spurs (when played as a CB).

I am sure you will also say Keane, Smalling, Cahill and Dier (as a CB) can walk into the Nigerian team. But ask yourself this question: "If Keane, Smalling, Cahill and Dier (as a CB) were Nigerians, will they have made it out of shooting starts? or enugu rangers? ?" :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

danfo driver wrote:
wiseone wrote:Yes, one of their key CDs is Lovren (a dodgy defender at EPL level). Yet if he was Nigerian he would walk into Nigeria's first 11. It says much that a guy that is regarded as a dodgy CD in the EPL is still better than our own CDs. A draw against Croatia would be a good result.
marutimon wrote:

I always chuckle when people make this argument. The actual argument should be, "If Lovren was Nigerian, would he be playing in the EPL?" :D

Awaziem was promoted to the Porto first team at the age of 19 (or was it 18 sef). Then he moves to Nantes in France and he is immediately a starter. I know where Awaziem will be if he was an Englishman.

Look at Michael Keane, the guy that United threw into the trash (Burnley) and then Everton bought him. He has been a horror show for Everton. Look at Smalling. Plays for Manchester United. yet, he cannot calculate the flight of a ball and misses header for fun. And then you have Cahill at Chelsea. And Dier at Spurs (when played as a CB).

I am sure you will also say Keane, Smalling, Cahill and Dier (as a CB) can walk into the Nigerian team. But ask yourself this question: "If Keane, Smalling, Cahill and Dier (as a CB) were Nigerians, will they have made it out of shooting starts? or enugu rangers? ?" :D
Couldn't agree more.
Lovren would walk into the Nigerian defence and the defence would immediately be much worse.
He's basically Croatia's Yobo. With the difference the Yobo prime was way better.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

marutimon wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
marutimon wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
Lovren would walk into the Nigerian defence and the defence would immediately be much worse.
He's basically Croatia's Yobo. With the difference the Yobo prime was way better.
Are you saying Lovren's real name is Yobovic?

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

After getting beat for pace, Vida made a kung fu tackle and was sent off today for Besiktas against Bayern. Besiktas went on to chop 5 goals ...

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

To be honest the only team that scares me in that group is Iceland, a team nobody is really talking about. Their style of play is exactly just like ours(counter attacking football and fast adventurous attack also physical ), Argentina and Croatia are teams that love possession football with a huge impact of technical players in their midfield... But put tireless bisons like Ndidi, Onazi, or Etebo to run them down and break up their forays, those teams will fast become helpless and will only need a moment of extraterrestrial brilliance to edge it out (A Messi magic for Argentina and Modric for Croatia)...if we can find a way to mark out those danger men, then we have a fair chance.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys Nigeria and Iceland will make it out of that group,Croatia and Argentina headi9ng home.
The Finals might end up be Nigeria vs France
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote:After getting beat for pace, Vida made a kung fu tackle and was sent off today for Besiktas against Bayern. Besiktas went on to chop 5 goals ...
Someone will tell us that Vida will walk into the Nigerian team because he plays for bekistas :lol: when the truth is that if vida was a Nigerian, he would be in he NPL or be practicising as an electrician in Enugu.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

danfo driver wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:After getting beat for pace, Vida made a kung fu tackle and was sent off today for Besiktas against Bayern. Besiktas went on to chop 5 goals ...
Someone will tell us that Vida will walk into the Nigerian team because he plays for bekistas :lol: when the truth is that if vida was a Nigerian, he would be in he NPL or be practicising as an electrician in Enugu.

:lol:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The problem is that Nigerians like speaking on emotions rather than facts. We’re here criticizing Croatia defense but what we fail to realize is that ultimately Croatia defenders still play for one of the best teams in the world. What about our defenders, where do they play for? Backwater leagues. Our top defenders are playing at backwater leagues and not even the best clubs at the backwater leagues but midrated backwater leagues and we have the nerve to criticize Croatia defense. Anyway, at the end of the day I believe that we can beat Croatia but we have to be respectful and stop being arrogant because statistically Croatia has a better defense and midfielders while we have the better forwards. Anyway, whoever wins this game will qualify with Argentina
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:The problem is that Nigerians like speaking on emotions rather than facts. We’re here criticizing Croatia defense but what we fail to realize is that ultimately Croatia defenders still play for one of the best teams in the world. What about our defenders, where do they play for? Backwater leagues. Our top defenders are playing at backwater leagues and not even the best clubs at the backwater leagues but midrated backwater leagues and we have the nerve to criticize Croatia defense. Anyway, at the end of the day I believe that we can beat Croatia but we have to be respectful and stop being arrogant because statistically Croatia has a better defense and midfielders while we have the better forwards. Anyway, whoever wins this game will qualify with Argentina
Awaziem - France
Balogun - Bundesliga
Ekong - Turkey (same as Croatia's Vida)
Agbo - Belgium
Omeruo - Turkey (Same as Croatia's Vida)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Don’t know if Loveren and Vida are world class or not but I know they’re better than the Iranian defenders we couldn’t beat in 14. On the green grass, 2+2 is unpredictable.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

What’s up with Nigerians and these primitive excuses for our players. Do you guys honestly think that Croatians receive preferential treatment by European scout and coaches? The question is why? I don’t think Croatia nor Nigeria receive preferential treatment by coaches. I just believe that Nigerian players are playing at their level ditto for the Croatians and as a Nigerian fan I want us to win and believe that we can win. However, from a neutral perspective Croatians are stronger than Nigeria in Defense and Midfield while we’re better forwards. Overall, a draw or win for us in this game would likely result in us qualifying
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:What’s up with Nigerians and these primitive excuses for our players. Do you guys honestly think that Croatians receive preferential treatment by European scout and coaches? The question is why? I don’t think Croatia nor Nigeria receive preferential treatment by coaches. I just believe that Nigerian players are playing at their level ditto for the Croatians and as a Nigerian fan I want us to win and believe that we can win. However, from a neutral perspective Croatians are stronger than Nigeria in Defense and Midfield while we’re better forwards. Overall, a draw or win for us in this game would likely result in us qualifying
Likes of Balogun and Ekong started in Europe yet only progressed after Nigeria took a liking to them, and Omeruo even benefitted from having a fellow Nigeria in Chelsea buying him undeservingly.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Practicing as an electrician in Enugu is a very respectable profession but :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!