I hope for their sake that Croatia's defense has improved

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
I hope for their sake that Croatia's defense has improved

Post by Scipio Africanus »

See expressway on Mexico's 2nd goal. Lax marking on MEX goals 1 and 3.

[/video]

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I hope for their sake that Croatia's defense has improve

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Don’t let yamtube deceive you, Spain found it very difficult to break them down at Euro 16. We’re gonna lots of “thoughts and prayers “ even get a draw.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That's how i expect us to deal with them. They can't handle our pace
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Don’t let yamtube deceive you, Spain found it very difficult to break them down at Euro 16. We’re gonna lots of “thoughts and prayers “ even get a draw.
Emir Kongi, you are my bros, but please stop this thing. Let me calm your fear and repeat what I have said before, we will BEAT Croatia, so relax
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:That's how i expect us to deal with them. They can't handle our pace
... they (Croatia) will be surprised when we meet them.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:That's how i expect us to deal with them. They can't handle our pace
We have quick players but certainly non with the blistering pace of Yekini(RIP), Finidi or Amunike of 94. Btw, Perisic ain’t no slouch either, he’s up against Balogun. Be careful with these general assumptions, they don’t do us any good. Who ever knew Ebbe Sand would carry us drink gari in 98? Or that we wouldn’t beat Iran in 14. Croatia is no joke!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Look at how our wife (Mexico) was cutting them to shreds
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Odas wrote:
We have quick players but certainly non with the blistering pace of Yekini(RIP), Finidi or Amunike of 94. Btw, Perisic ain’t no slouch either, he’s up against Balogun. Be careful with these general assumptions, they don’t do us any good. Who ever knew Ebbe Sand would carry us drink gari in 98? Or that we wouldn’t beat Iran in 14. Croatia is no joke!
Moses x2 are very quick. So is Musa. Yeah, I said it.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:
Iwobi,nacho and ighalo are not
OCCUPY NFF!!
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:
Iwobi has pace, but doesnt use it, i saw him sprint live and he aint no slouch
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Odas wrote:
Who thought we would beat Spain let alone top the group in 1998, it can go either way but I support those who assert that we should fear no one especially Croatia
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Their defense back then:

Vrsaljko Corluka Lovren Srna

Their defense now:

Vrsaljko Vida Lovren Pivaric

Note: Vida also came on as a substitute in that WC game against Mexico.

I don't want to sound biased, but that backline looks more porous than swiss cheese.

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ikemba_nacho wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Odas wrote:
Iwobi has pace, but doesnt use it, i saw him sprint live and he aint no slouch
Iwobi has a quick brain and quick feet
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Croatia is no joke in any area of the field. They cannot be underestimated
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

YUJAM wrote:Croatia is no joke in any area of the field. They cannot be underestimated
They have a world class midfield, OK attack and horrible defense.

Wha choo looking at?!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

YUJAM wrote:Croatia is no joke in any area of the field. They cannot be underestimated
Abeg tell them o.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Look... from midfield onward Croatia is pure class. But honestly... Ask yourself - if your best defender was Lovren, then would you feel safe having such a defence? Ask any Liverpool fan what they think about Lovren. Vrsaljko is a great right back, but Vida is a mistake-prone defender and loses most challenges save for headers and Pivaric makes our left back options look good.

Not to mention that Croatia does not have a half-decent DM, so Rakitic and Modric pretend to be them. That means they effectively have no players known for breaking up play, unlike Nigeria (Ndidi, Onazi, even Etebo or Mikel).

Croatia thrives on possession, but are vulnerable to counterattacks. Nigeria meanwhile loves to break up possession play and to counter attack. So Nigeria seems like an ideal fit for Croatia.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Odas wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bros, just relax! Leave the rest to the players and coach Rohr, and his crew. You, or we WILL NOT be disappointed when the time comes.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

They can say the same thing. Nigeria's central defensive pairing is Balogun, Ekong with Aina or Elderson at LB. they are probably looking at that and fancying the chances of Mandzucic, Perisic and others against them.

The outcome of this one is going to come down to how well the team supports each other. This is what I believe will see Nigeria through. But man for man they are as good if not better than Nigeria.
marutimon wrote:
Look... from midfield onward Croatia is pure class. But honestly... Ask yourself - if your best defender was Lovren, then would you feel safe having such a defence? Ask any Liverpool fan what they think about Lovren. Vrsaljko is a great right back, but Vida is a mistake-prone defender and loses most challenges save for headers and Pivaric makes our left back options look good.

Not to mention that Croatia does not have a half-decent DM, so Rakitic and Modric pretend to be them. That means they effectively have no players known for breaking up play, unlike Nigeria (Ndidi, Onazi, even Etebo or Mikel).

Croatia thrives on possession, but are vulnerable to counterattacks. Nigeria meanwhile loves to break up possession play and to counter attack. So Nigeria seems like an ideal fit for Croatia.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

YUJAM wrote:They can say the same thing. Nigeria's central defensive pairing is Balogun, Ekong with Aina or Elderson at LB. they are probably looking at that and fancying the chances of Mandzucic, Perisic and others against them.

The outcome of this one is going to come down to how well the team supports each other. This is what I believe will see Nigeria through. But man for man they are as good if not better than Nigeria.
marutimon wrote:

Perisic plays on the left for Croatia so he will have to deal with Moses and Ebuehi/Aina. Mandzukic is not very mobile and will need service from the wings to be effective. I don't see Croatia doing much there, but as with everything in life, you never know.

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chief Mandzucic is a problem for any team and Modric and Rakitic have the range to go where they want and disturb any defender. It won't be Perisuc alone

All I am saying is it won't be easy. Collectively I think Nigeria is a better team with greater team belief. I believe the SE can do it but it will take a big team effort
Scipio Africanus wrote:
YUJAM wrote:They can say the same thing. Nigeria's central defensive pairing is Balogun, Ekong with Aina or Elderson at LB. they are probably looking at that and fancying the chances of Mandzucic, Perisic and others against them.

marutimon wrote:

Perisic plays on the left for Croatia so he will have to deal with Moses and Ebuehi/Aina. Mandzukic is not very mobile and will need service from the wings to be effective. I don't see Croatia doing much there, but as with everything in life, you never know.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

YUJAM wrote:Chief Mandzucic is a problem for any team and Modric and Rakitic have the range to go where they want and disturb any defender. It won't be Perisuc alone

All I am saying is it won't be easy. Collectively I think Nigeria is a better team with greater team belief. I believe the SE can do it but it will take a big team effort
Scipio Africanus wrote:

marutimon wrote:

We’re going to need a good pressing game to force them into making errors in their own half. Ndidi and Onazi will be key
OCCUPY NFF!!