OLISEH: Fortuna Sittard Responds......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLISEH: Fortuna Sittard Responds......

Post by mmeny »

felarey wrote:
deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
1naija wrote:I now believe Oliseh. The club is practically corroborating Oliseh's claims. They will back down in court.
KPOM!
It would be even more sad if he's actually right, because why use twitter when you can go the legal route and really stick it to them. But now they know to cover their tracks and will be fighting tooth and nail to clear their name. (assuming Oliseh's allegations are true).
He took his case to the people, that’s where the power is these days. Let’s see how it all plays out. Oliseh knows what he knows and what he wants.
No bro...the power is not with the people. People can't/won't do squat. Their loyalty is to their club shield. They will collectively say Next. Other clubs (and Nigeria) would be wary of Oliseh...so he loses on all fronts. The people don't appoint coaches....their opinions don't count most of the time. Management's does. And managements would generally avoid coaches like Oliseh, given all this controversy. Fired by Nigeria with accusations and counter-accusations. Fired by Fortuna with the same baggage. Sued by Fortuna for libel to boot. I wish no man ill, and as an ex-international who gave me joy, I would wish Oliseh even more success....But its hard to see where his coaching career goes from here. Most management teams will click "next candidate". There are black candidates with clean records looking for job wey no dey come, and then you stack those ones next to Oliseh, and wonder how Oliseh gets a good gig.

Its unfortunate...Oliseh could have been the beacon for a whole host of black ex-internationals looking for a shot.
Olsen can walk across the street and get a job in the same league. Big Sam was caught red handed and he's at Everton. All I'm seeing here is what happens when a narrative on someone sticks and is being used against the person. It was pure callous shame he got this narrative in the first place dealing with corrupt, incompetent and unprofessional football administrators. The ones that cooperated where are they today? Amodu, Keshi, Siasia, Egu etc. Denigrated and probably still owed.
Oliseh won't have it as captain and coach. Shunned corruption and unprofessional conduct. But as we have it, we're more interested in his style than substance. The same thing that was said about him in 2002 can be found on this thread. We are still suffering the consequences till today. This guy was the best thing to happen to our football, make no mistake about it.
The club have just matched what Oliseh said. No lies there. They can go to court.
He can just walk across the street and get another job in the same league just like that :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: talk about the delusion of grandeur.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

He has shown he can coach, so I hope he gets other opportunities, even at higher levels.

He would greatly benefit from having a mentor at this stage. It is not about compromising or losing integrity. It cannot always be my way or the highway.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote: The club have just matched what Oliseh said. No lies there. They can go to court.
Where was this? Oliseh said they asked him to do something illegal and he refused therefore he was suspended, where have they matched that in their response?
You expect them to admit they did something illegal at this point??
So what are you and 1naija talking about? What exactly does your statement mean?
Did you read Oliseh's take on this on the other thread
? You will see the similarities.
The crux of the matter is the accusation of illegal activity, I don't see any of that in what they responded with so how could you say which side is lying or telling the truth?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

mmeny wrote:
felarey wrote:
deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
1naija wrote:I now believe Oliseh. The club is practically corroborating Oliseh's claims. They will back down in court.
KPOM!
It would be even more sad if he's actually right, because why use twitter when you can go the legal route and really stick it to them. But now they know to cover their tracks and will be fighting tooth and nail to clear their name. (assuming Oliseh's allegations are true).
He took his case to the people, that’s where the power is these days. Let’s see how it all plays out. Oliseh knows what he knows and what he wants.
No bro...the power is not with the people. People can't/won't do squat. Their loyalty is to their club shield. They will collectively say Next. Other clubs (and Nigeria) would be wary of Oliseh...so he loses on all fronts. The people don't appoint coaches....their opinions don't count most of the time. Management's does. And managements would generally avoid coaches like Oliseh, given all this controversy. Fired by Nigeria with accusations and counter-accusations. Fired by Fortuna with the same baggage. Sued by Fortuna for libel to boot. I wish no man ill, and as an ex-international who gave me joy, I would wish Oliseh even more success....But its hard to see where his coaching career goes from here. Most management teams will click "next candidate". There are black candidates with clean records looking for job wey no dey come, and then you stack those ones next to Oliseh, and wonder how Oliseh gets a good gig.

Its unfortunate...Oliseh could have been the beacon for a whole host of black ex-internationals looking for a shot.
Olsen can walk across the street and get a job in the same league. Big Sam was caught red handed and he's at Everton. All I'm seeing here is what happens when a narrative on someone sticks and is being used against the person. It was pure callous shame he got this narrative in the first place dealing with corrupt, incompetent and unprofessional football administrators. The ones that cooperated where are they today? Amodu, Keshi, Siasia, Egu etc. Denigrated and probably still owed.
Oliseh won't have it as captain and coach. Shunned corruption and unprofessional conduct. But as we have it, we're more interested in his style than substance. The same thing that was said about him in 2002 can be found on this thread. We are still suffering the consequences till today. This guy was the best thing to happen to our football, make no mistake about it.
The club have just matched what Oliseh said. No lies there. They can go to court.
He can just walk across the street and get another job in the same league just like that :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: talk about the delusion of grandeur.
More to do with your English skills or understanding....know what a figure of speech is?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote: The club have just matched what Oliseh said. No lies there. They can go to court.
Where was this? Oliseh said they asked him to do something illegal and he refused therefore he was suspended, where have they matched that in their response?
So what are you and 1naija talking about? What exactly does your statement mean?
Did you read Oliseh's take on this on the other thread
? You will see the similarities.
The crux of the matter is the accusation of illegal activity, I don't see any of that in what they responded with so how could you say which side is lying or telling the truth?
They have similar leading story. That makes Oliseh more believable as they both couldn`t be lying. The club corroborated his story but denied the illegal part. Lets see how it all plays out.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Did Oliseh not also say the club coerced some players to say they would not play for him? Doesnt the club's statement confirm this?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Did Oliseh not also say the club coerced some players to say they would not play for him? Doesnt the club's statement confirm this?
The clubs statement confirms that they coerced some players to say they would not play for him? Could you please show me where it says that?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
The clubs statement confirms that they coerced some players to say they would not play for him? Could you please show me where it says that?
Could you show me where in their statement that says they did not coerce the players? What sort of silly question is that? So you mean the players endured playing for Oliseh when they 18th on the leauge table, and played for him when they were 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, ...until they were 4th on the table, but when they got to 3rd possition suddenly they can never play for him again? Does that make sense to even you?

So yes, the club's statement that some of the players never wanted to play for oliseh again corroborates Oliseh's statement. Name one European club where half of the team suddenly decided they can't play for the coach again. The club will lose this battle.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Could you show me where in their statement that says they did not coerce the players? What sort of silly question is that? So you mean the players endured playing for Oliseh when they 18th on the leauge table, and played for him when they were 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, ...until they were 4th on the table, but when they got to 3rd possition suddenly they can never play for him again? Does that make sense to even you?

So yes, the club's statement that some of the players never wanted to play for oliseh again corroborates Oliseh's statement. Name one European club where half of the team suddenly decided they can't play for the coach again. The club will lose this battle.
You are making all sorts of assumptions its not even funny. The club said they have WRITTEN statements from players and others stating the issues they have with Oliseh and why they no longer want to work with him. The crux of the matter is coercion and if they have these letters I want to see how Oliseh will prove that those who wrote them were coerced. That is going to be a tough task for him, the club has their derriere covered and its on Oliseh to prove his statements.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I wish Oliseh well but this is becoming a theme with him. He ends his employment in acrimonious circumstances.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Oliseh is richer and more successful than all SE members; he used to work for fifa, coached super eagles and an european team, but y'all think he's stupid? Had he kept quiet we wouldn't have even make a career in football. Let Oliseh be Oliseh, let him live his life according to his will, other teams with better character will come for him. He got this job after he quit SE so he's going to get another job.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Oliseh will be vindicated when it's all said and done. He will move on and do well somewhere else, while Fortuna Sittard will return to being the whipping boys that they were before.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

mystic wrote:Oliseh will be vindicated when it's all said and done. He will move on and do well somewhere else, while Fortuna Sittard will return to being the whipping boys that they were before.
One can only hope.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.