OLISEH: Fortuna Sittard Responds......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLISEH: Fortuna Sittard Responds......

Post by Siddonlook11 »

We are mixing issues here - what most people i think were saying ..

Dont find on social media there are other ways to fight like some have pointed out, court . lawyers, arbitration etc etc

I dont think anyone means he should rollover and walk away.. its picking the battles and then winning the war.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Siddonlook11 wrote:We are mixing issues here - what most people i think were saying ..

Dont find on social media there are other ways to fight like some have pointed out, court . lawyers, arbitration etc etc

I dont think anyone means he should rollover and walk away.. its picking the battles and then winning the war.
If he didn’t go on social media, would the club have bothered? Don’t underestimate social media. Social media and speeches were more effective than 300 million dollars at the last US presidential election. I understand in Naija we say first to call police no dey win case but if we look carefully, Oliseh waited for them to play their hand with the suspension/firing. They confirmed the issues have been there a while. Oliseh is in uncharted waters, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

If he hadn’t spoken out about using his own money to feeding hungry players with no shoes, the NFF would have led the narrative in their favour. One of the best men of Nigerian football, my bro Oliseh!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
1naija wrote:I now believe Oliseh. The club is practically corroborating Oliseh's claims. They will back down in court.
KPOM!
It would be even more sad if he's actually right, because why use twitter when you can go the legal route and really stick it to them. But now they know to cover their tracks and will be fighting tooth and nail to clear their name. (assuming Oliseh's allegations are true).
He took his case to the people, that’s where the power is these days. Let’s see how it all plays out. Oliseh knows what he knows and what he wants.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:I now believe Oliseh. The club is practically corroborating Oliseh's claims. They will back down in court.
Lets bet...Oliseh is the one that would do a mea culpa here. In the future, he will release one of those legal statements absolving the club of any wrong actions.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
KPOM!
It would be even more sad if he's actually right, because why use twitter when you can go the legal route and really stick it to them. But now they know to cover their tracks and will be fighting tooth and nail to clear their name. (assuming Oliseh's allegations are true).
He took his case to the people, that’s where the power is these days. Let’s see how it all plays out. Oliseh knows what he knows and what he wants.
No bro...the power is not with the people. People can't/won't do squat. Their loyalty is to their club shield. They will collectively say Next. Other clubs (and Nigeria) would be wary of Oliseh...so he loses on all fronts. The people don't appoint coaches....their opinions don't count most of the time. Management's does. And managements would generally avoid coaches like Oliseh, given all this controversy. Fired by Nigeria with accusations and counter-accusations. Fired by Fortuna with the same baggage. Sued by Fortuna for libel to boot. I wish no man ill, and as an ex-international who gave me joy, I would wish Oliseh even more success....But its hard to see where his coaching career goes from here. Most management teams will click "next candidate". There are black candidates with clean records looking for job wey no dey come, and then you stack those ones next to Oliseh, and wonder how Oliseh gets a good gig.

Its unfortunate...Oliseh could have been the beacon for a whole host of black ex-internationals looking for a shot.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
KPOM!
No bro...the power is not with the people. People can't/won't do squat. Their loyalty is to their club shield. They will collectively say Next. Other clubs (and Nigeria) would be wary of Oliseh...so he loses on all fronts. The people don't appoint coaches....their opinions don't count most of the time. Management's does. And managements would generally avoid coaches like Oliseh, given all this controversy. Fired by Nigeria with accusations and counter-accusations. Fired by Fortuna with the same baggage. Sued by Fortuna for libel to boot. I wish no man ill, and as an ex-international who gave me joy, I would wish Oliseh even more success....But its hard to see where his coaching career goes from here. Most management teams will click "next candidate". There are black candidates with clean records looking for job wey no dey come, and then you stack those ones next to Oliseh, and wonder how Oliseh gets a good gig.

Its unfortunate...Oliseh could have been the beacon for a whole host of black ex-internationals looking for a shot.
Could not have said it better. We are too quick to defend pure stupidity. And please don’t tell me his brother is a lawyer thing. If he talked to his lawyer brother he would never have sent that tweet.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Sunday oliseh is only 43 he wouldn’t have trouble finding another job. Also, we must remember that oliseh became a first round champion in 6 months at the club therefore he wouldn’t lack suitors. I believe that Fortuna adversaries would be looking to sign oliseh
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
KPOM!

Hmm, was Oliseh FIRED by Nigeria? :shock: :shock: :shock: Didn't he quit the position on his own accord?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

On face value, he sounds like a principled person to me. Principled people normally go through hell in today's world. They are often discredited by the very corrupt people they seek to expose. A very long road to journey on.

On a personal level, as I know Oliseh back in the day. He needs to learn to pick his battles even though he might be in-the-right. The innocent do not always win. They have to box clever and time their attack. The Monster sometimes is too big to wage war against, either get a bigger person to fight on your behalf or keep quiet and bide your time.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

john12 wrote:Sunday oliseh is only 43 he wouldn’t have trouble finding another job. Also, we must remember that oliseh became a first round champion in 6 months at the club therefore he wouldn’t lack suitors. I believe that Fortuna adversaries would be looking to sign oliseh
Sure, but he should learn from past experiences. First thing he should do is delete twitter and YouTube account.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
KPOM!

Oliseh quit the Nigeria job; he wasn't fired.

That said, I generally agree with you. I'm not sure how Oliseh wins here. At the best he's a liar and at the worst, a snitch. And no one likes a snitch. Eric Mangni has never been able to get another serious coaching gig after he snitched on Belichick and started Spygate and this is despite the fact that the Pats are pretty much universally despised.

Oliseh needs to grow up and get his emotions in check.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

DIMKA76 wrote:On face value, he sounds like a principled person to me. Principled people normally go through hell in today's world. They are often discredited by the very corrupt people they seek to expose. A very long road to journey on.

On a personal level, as I know Oliseh back in the day. He needs to learn to pick his battles even though he might be in-the-right. The innocent do not always win. They have to box clever and time their attack. The Monster sometimes is too big to wage war against, either get a bigger person to fight on your behalf or keep quiet and bide your time.
... and hence - according to my elders as well as Lucky Dupe - 'if you stand for the truth, you will always stand alone.' Even those who doesn't know what you are fighting for, will be against you.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Doubt this matter would ever get to court...

More likely Oliseh will be sent a cease-and-desist letter...
And, if he has competent counsel, he will likely comply with (unless the club defames him).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:Doubt this matter would ever get to court...

More likely Oliseh will be sent a cease-and-desist letter...
And, if he has competent counsel, he will likely comply with (unless the club defames him).
Chief Gotti, can a 'cease-and desist' letter be sent to an individual if the individual is saying the truth and with proof? If no, I think this thing will be settled out of court and et al., with both parties signing a 'gag-order' as part of the settlement; thereby, denying us the chances of knowing what happened in general.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Odas wrote:Chief Gotti, can a 'cease-and desist' letter be sent to an individual if the individual is saying the truth and with proof? If no, I think this thing will be settled out of court and et al., with both parties signing a 'gag-order' as part of the settlement; thereby, denying us the chances of knowing what happened in general.
It would shocking if his employment contract does not have confidentiality and arbitration clauses, each is which is pretty standard these days. Accordingly, said letter should suffice (so long as the club is not breaching either).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
KPOM!

Olsen can walk across the street and get a job in the same league. Big Sam was caught red handed and he's at Everton. All I'm seeing here is what happens when a narrative on someone sticks and is being used against the person. It was pure callous shame he got this narrative in the first place dealing with corrupt, incompetent and unprofessional football administrators. The ones that cooperated where are they today? Amodu, Keshi, Siasia, Egu etc. Denigrated and probably still owed.
Oliseh won't have it as captain and coach. Shunned corruption and unprofessional conduct. But as we have it, we're more interested in his style than substance. The same thing that was said about him in 2002 can be found on this thread. We are still suffering the consequences till today. This guy was the best thing to happen to our football, make no mistake about it.
The club have just matched what Oliseh said. No lies there. They can go to court.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

ohenhen1 wrote:
john12 wrote:Sunday oliseh is only 43 he wouldn’t have trouble finding another job. Also, we must remember that oliseh became a first round champion in 6 months at the club therefore he wouldn’t lack suitors. I believe that Fortuna adversaries would be looking to sign oliseh
Sure, but he should learn from past experiences. First thing he should do is delete twitter and YouTube account.
Why? So you can shut him up. It was ok to use Twitter when they were winning but not now. You want him to be the good, well mannered, subservient African at work in oyinbo land. Certainly hope no one here is doing that self deprecating nonsense oyinbos read as lacking confidence and inability.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

43? Ahahahahahahaha :rotf: :rotf: :atc: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

felarey wrote:
deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
KPOM!

Olsen can walk across the street and get a job in the same league. Big Sam was caught red handed and he's at Everton. All I'm seeing here is what happens when a narrative on someone sticks and is being used against the person. It was pure callous shame he got this narrative in the first place dealing with corrupt, incompetent and unprofessional football administrators. The ones that cooperated where are they today? Amodu, Keshi, Siasia, Egu etc. Denigrated and probably still owed.
Oliseh won't have it as captain and coach. Shunned corruption and unprofessional conduct. But as we have it, we're more interested in his style than substance. The same thing that was said about him in 2002 can be found on this thread. We are still suffering the consequences till today. This guy was the best thing to happen to our football, make no mistake about it.
The club have just matched what Oliseh said. No lies there. They can go to court.

Ahhhh never mind it’s that guy :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote: The club have just matched what Oliseh said. No lies there. They can go to court.
Where was this? Oliseh said they asked him to do something illegal and he refused therefore he was suspended, where have they matched that in their response?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote: The club have just matched what Oliseh said. No lies there. They can go to court.
Where was this? Oliseh said they asked him to do something illegal and he refused therefore he was suspended, where have they matched that in their response?
You expect them to admit they did something illegal at this point??

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
So what are you and 1naija talking about? What exactly does your statement mean?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
felarey wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
So what are you and 1naija talking about? What exactly does your statement mean?
Did you read Oliseh's take on this on the other thread
? You will see the similarities.