Cameroon V Nigeria U-17 Female 1-1 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Cameroon V Nigeria U-17 Female 1-1 FT

Post by DIMKA76 »

FT Cameroon 1-1 Nigeria
Cameroon qualify on away goals.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroon V Nigeria 1-1 FT

Post by Tobi17 »

What tournament is this?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroon V Nigeria U-17 Female 1-1 FT

Post by DIMKA76 »

FIFA U-17 Female
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

What a shame. This is what happens when you are ill prepared. This will be our first time missing out on this tournament.

Good luck to the Cameroonian girls.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Be prepared to fail, if you fail to prepare. Lobatan!
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

No point of firing blame the girls must learn and move on and form a better u20 set of girls in 2yrs.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

walesvilla wrote:No point of firing blame the girls must learn and move on and form a better u20 set of girls in 2yrs.

It's not about blame, but we must learn that this type of result is a distinct possibility when we are ill prepared. Hopefully, now that the NFF appears to be getting it's house in order (financially and otherwise) we will see less and less of ill prepared teams.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

This has nothing to do with the girls preparation time but EVERYTHING to do with a completely incompetent coach - Bala Nkiyu. How and why this individual was reappointed the Women's U17 coach after his debacle in Kuwait 2016 is beyond reason.

To be clear, the 2016 U17 WWC performance was shambolic to say the least. We went out in the 1st round, having secured only point (by far, the worst performance and points hall ever). In 2008, the inaugural edition, we also went out in the 1st round even though we secured 4 points). Watching the 2016 performance, you could easily tell that this was a collection of young ladies thrown onto the pitch with no strategic or tactical guidance at all.

Fast forward to 2018, the NFF, in its infinite wisdom, decided to reappoint this fellow, for whatever reason. In this qualifying campaign, ALL the games the team played ended in draws: Ethiopia (2-2 away, 1-1 home) and Cameroon (2-2 home, 1-1 away). Never, in the history of this qualifying tournament had we had such poor results.

If the NFF had been serious and bothered to read the tea leaves, they would have realized this guy had nothing to offer and should have disengaged him immediately. Calling him useless would be an understatement. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he was left to ruin the dream of some of the kids and disrupt the supply line for our Women's team. Serves us right for allowing such and ignoramus to manage our U17 Women's team.
mystic wrote: It's not about blame, but we must learn that this type of result is a distinct possibility when we are ill prepared. Hopefully, now that the NFF appears to be getting it's house in order (financially and otherwise) we will see less and less of ill prepared teams.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Otitokoro wrote:This has nothing to do with the girls preparation time but EVERYTHING to do with a completely incompetent coach - Bala Nkiyu. How and why this individual was reappointed the Women's U17 coach after his debacle in Kuwait 2016 is beyond reason.

To be clear, the 2016 U17 WWC performance was shambolic to say the least. We went out in the 1st round, having secured only point (by far, the worst performance and points hall ever). In 2008, the inaugural edition, we also went out in the 1st round even though we secured 4 points). Watching the 2016 performance, you could easily tell that this was a collection of young ladies thrown onto the pitch with no strategic or tactical guidance at all.

Fast forward to 2018, the NFF, in its infinite wisdom, decided to reappoint this fellow, for whatever reason. In this qualifying campaign, ALL the games the team played ended in draws: Ethiopia (2-2 away, 1-1 home) and Cameroon (2-2 home, 1-1 away). Never, in the history of this qualifying tournament had we had such poor results.

If the NFF had been serious and bothered to read the tea leaves, they would have realized this guy had nothing to offer and should have disengaged him immediately. Calling him useless would be an understatement. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he was left to ruin the dream of some of the kids and disrupt the supply line for our Women's team. Serves us right for allowing such and ignoramus to manage our U17 Women's team.
mystic wrote: It's not about blame, but we must learn that this type of result is a distinct possibility when we are ill prepared. Hopefully, now that the NFF appears to be getting it's house in order (financially and otherwise) we will see less and less of ill prepared teams.
Could not have said it better. Only to add:
If Pinnick wanted the girls to win, the first draw against Ethiopia should have resulted in a pink slip to you know who & others.
............... a draw against Ethiopia ............. Give me a break.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote:This has nothing to do with the girls preparation time but EVERYTHING to do with a completely incompetent coach - Bala Nkiyu. How and why this individual was reappointed the Women's U17 coach after his debacle in Kuwait 2016 is beyond reason.

I think it has to do with both. I wasn't pleased with the the coach's reappointment as well. However the team got a late start with the Federation's delay in naming the various national team coaches. For all of Nkiyu's shortcomings, the team has improved since it's shockingly bad performance in the earlier qualifying round. Thus, it's my assertion that the girls would have stood a better chance of qualifying for the World Cup with an earlier start in the process of building the squad.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

mystic wrote:

I think it has to do with both. I wasn't pleased with the the coach's reappointment as well. However the team got a late start with the Federation's delay in naming the various national team coaches. For all of Nkiyu's shortcomings, the team has improved since it's shockingly bad performance in the earlier qualifying round. Thus, it's my assertion that the girls would have stood a better chance of qualifying for the World Cup with an earlier start in the process of building the squad.
Same could be said of the golden eaglet who have a qualifier in less thsn 2 months with the yet to assemble.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sorry, but the team did not 'improve' within the context you're looking at (i.e. coach's input).
With each passing game a team plays, their match fitness and team cohesion improves. You see that in competitions (i.e the difference in play between the first game and the next). That happens to every team (even the very worst teams).
The so called 'improvements in the team' were not necessarily because of the coach. No Strategic or tactical improvements were observed with this team. There is no avoiding the fact that this particular coach is awful.
mystic wrote: ...For all of Nkiyu's shortcomings, the team has improved since it's shockingly bad performance in the earlier qualifying round.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:What a shame. This is what happens when you are ill prepared. This will be our first time missing out on this tournament.

Thank you my brother... :clap:

The WOWO tribe on CE love to precipitously heap blame on indigenous coaches who are given little or no support to undertake their work. I am reasonably certain if it was an Oyinbo coach involved, all the blame will shift to Pinnick and company (and perhaps deservedly so). I do not know Coach Bala Nikyu from a can of beans nor can I vouch for his technical nous, but I do know for CERTAINTY that is beyond moronic to appoint a coach in mid-November for an AWAY leg World Cup qualifier billed for December 1st - particularly when a squad has not even been named or called up! So, in the 2 weeks or so prior to traveling out to Addis Ababa, this dude was supposed to scout for players, assemble a squad, train them, perfect his tactics and then go and humiliate the Ethiopians in their home ground.

Frankly, I wish that Nigerian NTs FAILED MORE OFTEN! Unfortunately, indigenous coaches have spoiled the NFF and much of the Nigerian chattering class by repeatedly beating the odds and performing way better than we collectively deserve. Accordingly, some folks apparently have been misled to believe that we can just show up and triumph, and that failing to do so is by definition proof of bad coaching! SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I heard, not saying the goal was legit but that Naija scored a legit second goal in added on time which the ref inexplicable disallowed.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Congratulations to our cameroonian women.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

http://www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/n ... -2018.html
Cameroon, Ghana book tickets to Uruguay 2018
(FIFA.com) 18 Feb 2018
Cameroon fans celebrate their goal
© Getty Images
Cameroon and Ghana seal qualification for FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Uruguay 2018
Cameroon's 3-3 aggregate win on the away goals rule over Nigeria secured their spot
Ghana stroll to 19-0 win on aggregate over Djibouti to book their place
Cameroon and Ghana became the last two teams from Africa to qualify for the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Uruguay 2018 after defeating Nigeria 3-3 on away goals on aggregate and Djibouti 19-0 on aggregate, respectively.

The headline from the day in Africa came when Cameroon denied Nigeria qualification to a Women's World Cup for the first time at any level. After a 2-2 draw in Nigeria on 3 February, Cameroon held on to a 1-1 draw in Yaounde thanks to Alice Kameni's first-half goal and secured their ticket to the World Cup due to the away goals rule.

The result ensures Cameroon's second consecutive qualification for a U-17 Women’s World Cup, after they participated at Jordan 2016, where they were eliminated after the group stage.

Elsewhere on the continent, Ghana demolished Djibouti 19-0 on aggregate to book Africa's third and final spot at Uruguay 2018. Ghana had all but secured their qualification heading into the second leg after a 9-0 first-leg victory, and they were able to better that performance by one goal and stroll to qualification for Uruguay 2018.

Cameroon and Ghana are joined by South Africa, who secured their berth after a 6-1 aggregate win over Morocco on Saturday, as the three African teams at Uruguay 2018.

The FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Uruguay 2018 will be held from 13 November to 1 December across three host cities: Colonia del Sacramento, Maldonado and Montevideo.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

mystic wrote:What a shame. This is what happens when you are ill prepared. This will be our first time missing out on this tournament.

We cant always qualify, these things happen, I cant imagine the SE, SF, FE, U17 etc all prepared well except the Female U17
Im sure they will bounce back and be ready for next generation U20

And I agree, Good luck to the Cameroon girls, little compensation for the country missing out of Russia 18 :P
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Pinnick led NFF is to blame.....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

akamoke wrote:

We cant always qualify, these things happen, I cant imagine the SE, SF, FE, U17 etc all prepared well except the Female U17
Im sure they will bounce back and be ready for next generation U20

And I agree, Good luck to the Cameroon girls, little compensation for the country missing out of Russia 18 :P
Only the SE had been "well prepared" of all of our teams...
Do not be fooled because our indigenous coaches have been pulling rabbits out of hats!

PS: Best wishes to the Cameroonians.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The fact is that other African women teams have increasingly become stronger. Those years when Nigeria could go into competition with poor preparation are gone. We can continue to blame indigenous coaches but even foreign coaches with the most qualified certifications will not rescue a poorly prepared team.

You think of the recent CHAN, I believe it was a miracle that the Nigerian team got to the final. It was a poorly prepared team. A team that was hastily put together (it showed) with few training sessions and no appropriate friendly match played until a few days to the competition. Yet, it outperformed expectation by getting to the final. After losing 0-4 to host Morocco, we had a journalist campaigning for the coaching crew to be sacked. It was a shame, if you ask me.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Enugu II wrote:The fact is that other African women teams have increasingly become stronger. Those years when Nigeria could go into competition with poor preparation are gone. We can continue to blame indigenous coaches but even foreign coaches with the most qualified certifications will not rescue a poorly prepared team.

You think of the recent CHAN, I believe it was a miracle that the Nigerian team got to the final. It was a poorly prepared team. A team that was hastily put together (it showed) with few training sessions and no appropriate friendly match played until a few days to the competition. Yet, it outperformed expectation by getting to the final. After losing 0-4 to host Morocco, we had a journalist campaigning for the coaching crew to be sacked. It was a shame, if you ask me.
We seriously need to recognize that other African teams aspire to reach Nigeria’s status, and continuously work hard to succeed. But more often than not, we tend to rely on past glories.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

camex wrote:Congratulations to our cameroonian women.
... yeah and that's all. Hopefully, we will prepare and do better next time. Like someone already said, though it hurts, we cannot always be triumph. Thus, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thunder wrote:
Enugu II wrote:The fact is that other African women teams have increasingly become stronger. Those years when Nigeria could go into competition with poor preparation are gone. We can continue to blame indigenous coaches but even foreign coaches with the most qualified certifications will not rescue a poorly prepared team.

We seriously need to recognize that other African teams aspire to reach Nigeria’s status, and continuously work hard to succeed. But more often than not, we tend to rely on past glories.
For many of the African teams, Nigeria is their 'measuring tool', so anytime they play us, they give all their efforts to win. They do so by preparing well and et al. For us, we believe or think we will show-up for the game and win and when we lose, we look for someone to blame.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.