Oliseh - I wasn't having fun, so I quit SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oliseh - I wasn't having fun, so I quit SE

Post by truetalk »

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/e8c53bda-711 ... hy-he.html

You can't limit the man's right to talk, but some things are better left unsaid.

Among other things, he said:

'I could have held on to the SE job if I wanted'

'I left the SE coaching position because I wasn't enjoying it'.

Someone please give Oliseh a job. He doesn't seem to use spare time very well.
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Oliseh - I wasn't having fun, so I quit SE

Post by john12 »

The guy simply has diarrhea of the mouth. I believe that he should help himself by not speaking except being asked a question. Also, it’s so ironic how super eagles regressed under oliseh then progressed under the tutelage of Rohr
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Lol
"It confirmed to me what I suspected I had inside of me, that I can do this sort of job."
Ok oh.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I bet Oliseh probably feels he needs no advisers. Obviously, he needs PR handlers and someone that is able to tell him to Shut up (of course, with all due respect). There's a time and season for everything.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

truetalk wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/m/e8c53bda-711 ... hy-he.html

You can't limit the man's right to talk, but some things are better left unsaid.

Among other things, he said:

'I could have held on to the SE job if I wanted'

'I left the SE coaching position because I wasn't enjoying it'.

Someone please give Oliseh a job. He doesn't seem to use spare time very well.
So it's no longer spiritual attacks or lack of wages?

I blame Pinnick, he should have hired some laptop dancers to make sure almighty Oliseh's fun time is guaranteed
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

So was he not also having fun at otune to self- sabotage
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Why are you guys hating and jealousing the guy?

-Txj
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cellular wrote:Why are you guys hating and jealousing the guy?

-Txj

:woot: :woot: :woot:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

I see what Oliseh did there: trying to rewrite history. As far as I know SE didn't particularly play well under him. The team didn't win matches as well. I remembered a few drawn games with countries that had little or no football pedigree. I wonder why he wants us to believe we were playing like Barcelona or Mancity under him.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

doctorollie wrote:I see what Oliseh did there: trying to rewrite history. As far as I know SE didn't particularly play well under him. The team didn't win matches as well. I remembered a few drawn games with countries that had little or no football pedigree. I wonder why he wants us to believe we were playing like Barcelona or Mancity under him.
Haters!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

doctorollie wrote:I see what Oliseh did there: trying to rewrite history. As far as I know SE didn't particularly play well under him. The team didn't win matches as well. I remembered a few drawn games with countries that had little or no football pedigree. I wonder why he wants us to believe we were playing like Barcelona or Mancity under him.
Talk about falling someone's hand, as they say in Nigeria. There are threads on CE where I was gloating at Oliseh's 'enemies' when he was appointed. We had finally found our young, exposed and Nigerian coach who understood the issues and could relate to the players, having passed through the system.

I kept totally quiet, when he quit the team on the dawn of the qualifiers against Egypt, believing it was a life & death situation (even if not understanding how), and I was super excited with his appointment and achievements in the Dutch Juliper.

Now we have this 'Quit because I was not having fun narrative'!

I don't even mind team grinding out games as a coach settles in. He may well be right, and the team may have played better when they jelled, but this whole 'not enjoying it' dey vex me.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:The guy simply has diarrhea of the mouth. I believe that he should help himself by not speaking except being asked a question. Also, it’s so ironic how super eagles regressed under oliseh then progressed under the tutelage of Rohr
Chief, I think you made a wrong comparison. As we all know or hear, the foreign (oyibo) coaches are usually taken care of - way better than our domestic ones - so the working condition(s) are not usually the same.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Obong wrote:I bet Oliseh probably feels he needs no advisers. Obviously, he needs PR handlers and someone that is able to tell him to Shut up (of course, with all due respect). There's a time and season for everything.
:agree: :agree: :agree: ... and such is only possible if he knows or accepts he need help in the area. Remember, the first STEP to solving a problem is to 'ACCEPT' there is a problem
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

He wasn't mature enough for the SE job. Some of us mentioned it when he unable to handle his first big test - the Enyeama situation. Others like Ohsee couldn't see the bigger problem and focused only that individual situation and who was right or wrong. The issue was not about who was right or wrong but how Oliseh handled this kind of test that will come up again and again in different situations in the job. I knew he wouldn't last when I saw he was clearly out of his depth.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

With arrogance, the individual has to bring a great 'game' (e.g. Maradona), for that to be overlooked.
Oliseh is arrogant beyond his capabilities, and it's showing at every turn. He needs to tone down his
ego and be more productive, instead of pretending he has arrived.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

truetalk wrote:
Talk about falling someone's hand, as they say in Nigeria. There are threads on CE where I was gloating at Oliseh's 'enemies' when he was appointed. We had finally found our young, exposed and Nigerian coach who understood the issues and could relate to the players, having passed through the system.

I kept totally quiet, when he quit the team on the dawn of the qualifiers against Egypt, believing it was a life & death situation (even if not understanding how), and I was super excited with his appointment and achievements in the Dutch Juliper.

I don't even mind team grinding out games as a coach settles in. He may well be right, and the team may have played better when they jelled, but this whole 'not enjoying it' dey vex me.
In short you are trying to tell us you were wrong about him? Just say do instead of this thesis. :twisted:
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Mourinho talk more trash and y'all support. Cos Oliseh is black he can't express himself? Na colo mentality dey worry una.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mastermind wrote:Mourinho talk more trash and y'all support. Cos Oliseh is black he can't express himself? Na colo mentality dey worry una.
I reckon you conveniently chose to ignore those who hate Jose because he talks trash. :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mastermind wrote:Mourinho talk more trash and y'all support. Cos Oliseh is black he can't express himself? Na colo mentality dey worry una.
Yep, cos we are white. Mssshhheeeww
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:

In short you are trying to tell us you were wrong about him? Just say do instead of this thesis. :twisted:
PaJimoh, e bi like say e don tay wey you commot Niaja. When I say di guy fall my hand, wetin I dey talk again. The thesis na because di tin pain me well!

Anyway, in case it was not obvious before,

I WAS WRONG ABOUT SUNDAY OLISEH AND THE NIGERIA JOB.

I think he needs a good mentor he respects, he needs to mature a little, and check the pride.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Come on dude.

When you win, you can talk all kinds of trash you want. Even at that, ask Mourinho, you too can get fired.

There's a limit to trash talking or acting like 'Ignant' (Recalcitrant person) that management can't handle.

For someone who hasn't won jack to have such high opinion of himself? Seriously!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Olieh could actually express himself more so than Mourinho. Difference is unlike Oliseh Mounrinho don't claim to be an intellectual
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

truetalk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:

PaJimoh, e bi like say e don tay wey you commot Niaja. When I say di guy fall my hand, wetin I dey talk again. The thesis na because di tin pain me well!

Anyway, in case it was not obvious before,

I WAS WRONG ABOUT SUNDAY OLISEH AND THE NIGERIA JOB.

I think he needs a good mentor he respects, he needs to mature a little, and check the pride.
Bro, I just dey tic your write-up. I know say the bobo don do you like he do me. He just up and quit.