Sadiq Umar hangs again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadiq Umar hangs again

Post by The YeyeMan »

The Eagle wrote:
mystic wrote:His coach should be biatched-slapped if he continues to bring him off the bench.
Funny you should say that.

Sadiq started against Feyenoord. He assisted on the equalizing goal .... and scored the winner (penalty). Not sure how long this video will be available:

[/video]

PS: Where is the agent-hunter john12 these days? :???:
Not sure that was technically an assist on the first goal... look like the keeper palmed it into the goal scorer's path. Nice theatrics to win the penalty though, and it was well taken. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:
Next wrote:
Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
marutimon wrote:Actually sort of own that penalty. Very odd penalty. The ball seemed to be nowhere in sight. Umar was a nyisance throughout and seems to have improved his ball control.
I agree.
He seems to have added an element of aggression to his game which is great.
:thumb:
He has always had this
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283666&p=5107303&hi ... +#p5107303
This guy bullies defenders all the time
Also he makes these lovely surging runs from deep which no one seems to notice
I think his height and lanky frame cause people to underestimate his strength and speed!
Crazy to me he hasn't been invited to the SE camp under Rohr
Yeah, you've always been a great fan of Umar. I'm not quite sold on his physicality just yet and still believe he gets knocked off his feet too easily. Maybe its his high centre of gravity.
But he's getting better, stronger and more experienced.
If he adds a mean streak to his game he could become an absolute beast.
@Damunk: You are right. If the guy would have that body build Yekini has then it would be different. I always feel his opponents always have it easy knocking him off balance.....

I'm sorry, but you guys (Damunk, Next) don't know what you're talking about.
Just say you disagree, be specific on what you disagree with and make your case.
Simple.
Today is Sunday.

Nope.

There are cases where folks just have to agree to disagree; and there are cases where folks just plain don't know what they're talking about. And this one is the latter.

Mind you, I'm not out to shoot you down as I do respect your opinions and always look forward to reading your contributions. However you are off base in your evaluation of Sadiq because you are focused on the wrong thing.

For a player of Sadiq's frame and body type physicality is the last thing you worry about because that will almost always come as he gets older and grows into his body. What you should be focused on is his skill set, his football intelligence, his natural tools (size, speed, power, explosiveness, for instance) and his intangibles (work ethic, mental make-up etc).

Focus on these and get back to me with your thoughts.

Have a blessed Sunday.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

mystic wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:
Next wrote:
Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote: He has always had this
I think his height and lanky frame cause people to underestimate his strength and speed!
Yeah, you've always been a great fan of Umar. I'm not quite sold on his physicality just yet and still believe he gets knocked off his feet too easily. Maybe its his high centre of gravity.
@Damunk: You are right. If the guy would have that body build Yekini has then it would be different. I always feel his opponents always have it easy knocking him off balance.....

Just say you disagree, be specific on what you disagree with and make your case.
Simple.
Today is Sunday.

Nope.

There are cases where folks just have to agree to disagree; and there are cases where folks just plain don't know what they're talking about. And this one is the latter.

Mind you, I'm not out to shoot you down as I do respect your opinions and always look forward to reading your contributions. However you are off base in your evaluation of Sadiq because you are focused on the wrong thing.

For a player of Sadiq's frame and body type physicality is the last thing you worry about because that will almost always come as he gets older and grows into his body. What you should be focused on is his skill set, his football intelligence, his natural tools (size, speed, power, explosiveness, for instance) and his intangibles (work ethic, mental make-up etc).

Have a blessed Sunday.

@mystic: Neither Damunk nor I are doubting his skills or abilities (at lease that's my assumption). So we basically know what we are saying, unless of course if you are out to school me on that. What Damunk and I said was his tripping most of the time, his not able to maintain his balance when he is on the ball (of course he's got speed etc.) I still maintain he gets knock off the ball easily (go and watch most if not all his videos, even during the Rio Games)Though he did very well but it could have been more better if (I still maintain) he has that body Frame like Yekini or Drogba. He is not Messi, whose body frame is not like those two mentioned but can still turn opponents inside out...

Cheers
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

This is one player that should be called up along with Joel Obi. That is my opinion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Next wrote:
mystic wrote:
Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:
Next wrote:
Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote: He has always had this

Simple.
Today is Sunday.

Nope.

Have a blessed Sunday.

@mystic: Neither Damunk nor I are doubting his skills or abilities (at lease that's my assumption). So we basically know what we are saying, unless of course if you are out to school me on that. What Damunk and I said was his tripping most of the time, his not able to maintain his balance when he is on the ball (of course he's got speed etc.) I still maintain he gets knock off the ball easily (go and watch most if not all his videos, even during the Rio Games)Though he did very well but it could have been more better if (I still maintain) he has that body Frame like Yekini or Drogba. He is not Messi, whose body frame is not like those two mentioned but can still turn opponents inside out...

Cheers

Understood. But the more he grows into his body and matures, his strength and coordination will improve. Thus he'll be able to stay on his feet more. Most big athletes go through this.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Crazy to me he hasn't been invited to the SE camp under Rohr[/quote]Yeah, you've always been a great fan of Umar. I'm not quite sold on his physicality just yet and still believe he gets knocked off his feet too easily. Maybe its his high centre of gravity.
If he adds a mean streak to his game he could become an absolute beast.[/quote]

@Damunk: You are right. If the guy would have that body build Yekini has then it would be different. I always feel his opponents always have it easy knocking him off balance.....[/quote]

I'm sorry, but you guys (Damunk, Next) don't know what you're talking about.[/quote]Just say you disagree, be specific on what you disagree with and make your case.
Simple.
Today is Sunday.[/quote]

Nope.

Have a blessed Sunday.[/quote]

Cheers[/quote]

Understood. But the more he grows into his body and matures, his strength and coordination will improve. Thus he'll be able to stay on his feet more. Most big athletes go through this.[/quote]

That's the point we are making.. It was only an observation and not a criticism of Sadiq and i also believe he could and would be an option for the SE in Russia...
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

He seems like his a decent player but sorry his as.s must wait until World Cup is over to be considered. Super eagles is not a place to accept prostitutes, Thots, Oloshos etc. if you want to play at the World Cup you must hustle like everyone else in WCQ. The only exceptions are Exceptional and Experienced players everyone else must wait for thier turn
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

john12 wrote:He seems like his a decent player but sorry his as.s must wait until World Cup is over to be considered. Super eagles is not a place to accept prostitutes, Thots, Oloshos etc. if you want to play at the World Cup you must hustle like everyone else in WCQ. The only exceptions are Exceptional and Experienced players everyone else must wait for thier turn

Agency don close?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:
Next wrote:
Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
marutimon wrote:Actually sort of own that penalty. Very odd penalty. The ball seemed to be nowhere in sight. Umar was a nyisance throughout and seems to have improved his ball control.
I agree.
He seems to have added an element of aggression to his game which is great.
:thumb:
He has always had this

Simple.
Today is Sunday.
we no fit abuse person on Sunday again, ah ah? :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

If he can improve his ball control and get stronger physically, he will be a beast. Those are the two ingredients he is missing.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Umar seem to be very theatrical and goes to ground too easily. Dele is not even this bad :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He is not ready for prime time
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

pajimoh wrote:Umar seem to be very theatrical and goes to ground too easily. Dele is not even this bad :tic:
Yeah, folks are arguing about whether he is too easy to push off the ball .... but 50% of the time he fell in the clip, he looked like he was trained in Italian academies to fall the moment he feels the slightest touch. I am not fond of players who do that .... but I admit I would hypocritically come to terms with it if a striker on my team used simulation to win a penalty, a free kick in a dangerous area, or brought an opposing attack to an end by making the referee call a foul on an opposing attacker.

The other 50% of his falls might be a failure to organize his gangly legs properly .... or if you want to be charitable (i.e. give him an "assist" unlike TheYeyeman :) ), you could say it might be the effect of trying to take shots from difficult angles.

I think he is a promising player anyway. It is early days, but NAC Breda could be the place we see him play regularly and consistently, and thus be able to form opinions on his future prospects as a would-be senior international.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

^^90% of his falls are theatrical attempts at drawing fouls and winning free kicks
He reminds me of drogba in his earlier days
He needs to cut that side of his game out before he gets a reputation
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The Eagle wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Umar seem to be very theatrical and goes to ground too easily. Dele is not even this bad :tic:
Yeah, folks are arguing about whether he is too easy to push off the ball .... but 50% of the time he fell in the clip, he looked like he was trained in Italian academies to fall the moment he feels the slightest touch. I am not fond of players who do that .... but I admit I would hypocritically come to terms with it if a striker on my team used simulation to win a penalty, a free kick in a dangerous area, or brought an opposing attack to an end by making the referee call a foul on an opposing attacker.

The other 50% of his falls might be a failure to organize his gangly legs properly .... or if you want to be charitable (i.e. give him an "assist" unlike TheYeyeman :) ), you could say it might be the effect of trying to take shots from difficult angles.

I think he is a promising player anyway. It is early days, but NAC Breda could be the place we see him play regularly and consistently, and thus be able to form opinions on his future prospects as a would-be senior international.
I was thinking when England get to the wc, in a must win game Alli is fouled in the 18 but does his best to stay on his feet and no pen is awarded. England end up losing the match.
When they ask him why didn't you go down when you were fouled? A priceless reply - in England they hate it when I fall in the 18 :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The Eagle wrote:

Hello Mr. The Eagle, how now?

Do you remember this time four years ago we were doing our best to ween Cellular off Shola Ameobi? We didn't succeed but we were right in the long run. :D

Who should be the non-scoring support striker we take this time? :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

pajimoh wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

I was thinking when England get to the wc, in a must win game Alli is fouled in the 18 but does his best to stay on his feet and no pen is awarded. England end up losing the match.
When they ask him why didn't you go down when you were fouled? A priceless reply - in England they hate it when I fall in the 18 :rotf:
We don't care about England or Spurs. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
The Eagle wrote:

We don't care about England or Spurs. :D
But we care about Arsenal to keep crying every week and praying for a pensioner to be sacked :tic: Ungodly people wishing ill on a poor old man :sneaky:
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

The YeyeMan wrote:Hello Mr. The Eagle, how now?

Do you remember this time four years ago we were doing our best to ween Cellular off Shola Ameobi? We didn't succeed but we were right in the long run. :D

Who should be the non-scoring support striker we take this time? :D
My brother, how body?

No need to look far, as a quick search indicates Shola Ameobi is still an active professional, on the books of Notts County in the English 4th tier.

So, if john12 can be persuaded, I suggest Ameobi reprise his leadership role from 2014. But only if john12 agrees.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sadiq Umar made the Team of the Week in the Dutch Eredivisie.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The Eagle wrote:No need to look far, as a quick search indicates Shola Ameobi is still an active professional, on the books of Notts County in the English 4th tier.
Cellular must never ever see this thread.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024