ROHR TO DROP MIKEL, IGHALO? JOEL, IDEYE TO STEP IN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
ROHR TO DROP MIKEL, IGHALO? JOEL, IDEYE TO STEP IN

Post by Obong »

"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Godfather
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR TO DROP MIKEL, IGHALO? JOEL, IDEYE TO STEP IN

Post by Godfather »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :lol:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

‎The coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr is mulling over dropping the China based duo of captain John Obi Mikel and top striker Odion Ighalo from the squad for their upcoming friendly games.

Rohr is considering to leave them out of the game as they are still in pre season training with their Chinese sides, and the timing of the friendly games coincides with when the league will resume in China.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered he want the duo to concentrate on their club especially early into the season, but he is yet to fully make up his mind over excluding them from the squad for the games against Serbia and later Poland.

Mikel has been in fine form for his Chinese side Tianjin Teda, same as Odion Ighalo who has scored three goals so far in pre season games for Chanchung Yatai and barring injuries they are expected to make the Nigerian squad to the World Cup.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

I prefer Junior Ajayi to Ideye.

Also think we are morally bound to stop inviting Ideye till he starts taking care of all his kids around Europe (3 that we know of so far). I don't care about people's lives but not taking care of your own child is an absolute shame
Last edited by niyi on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Godfather wrote::taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :lol:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

niyi wrote:I prefer Junior Ajayi to Ideye.

Also think we are morally bound to stop inviting Ideye till he starts taking care of all his kids around Europe (3 that we know of so far). I don't care about people's lives but not taking care of your own child is an absolute shame
Ideye is very talented and I think he is a better player and forward than Junior Ajayi and Taiwo Awoniyu (another name mentioned a lot recently) at this time.

I feel all the personal and Baby Mama drama has distracted him from achieving his potential. I have also questioned his focus and motivation over the years.

However, he has made a positive move to Spain, and is positioning himself to get the coach's attention. He has the tools to help the SE if the can put it all together. It is up to the coaching crew. I won't be surprised if he makes it to Russia, I won't be sad if he misses out. Either outcome will be earned and deserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Owngoal are really desperate people.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Godfather wrote::taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 'owngoal' don com again. Well the content of the article makes sense, though
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Niyi; with all due respect - Sir, what is OUR concern in that area? Just asking, please!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Joel Obi should be in the squad regardless of whether Mikel is called or not.

I don't think its wise to not call Mikel and Ighalo.

Team chemistry is one of the big things we should be working on.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Odas wrote:

Chief Niyi; with all due respect - Sir, what is OUR concern in that area? Just asking, please!
I think having kids and not taking care of them is despicable behaviour. Don't get me wrong... some cases are understandable as long as a man pays something or is present in the kid's life in some form but to not even acknowledge the children is truly evil and we should strongly discourage people like that from representing us.

https://www.bellanaija.com/2015/12/ukra ... own-ideye/ - 2 children with a woman in Ukraine

https://www.thelocal.ch/20141118/footba ... ld-support - a child with a Swiss woman. Here a court asked Ideye to pay support in 2014 but he just ignored the court's ruling.
Last edited by niyi on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

After March, the next set of friendlies are not until June just a few days before the WC kicks off. It's a FIFA window and these are grade A friendlies.

Mikel is a starter and as captain of the team is a bona fide starter. It will be nice to experiment and try out options in the AM position. Igahalo on the other hand, needs to bring his #$% down quick sharp, report to camp and demonstrate that he deserves to lead the line in Russia...
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

niyi wrote:
Odas wrote:

I think having kids and not taking care of them is despicable behaviour. Don't get me wrong... some cases are understandable as long as a man pays something or is present in the kid's life in some form but to not even acknowledge the children is truly evil and we should strongly discourage people like that from representing us.

https://www.bellanaija.com/2015/12/ukra ... own-ideye/ - 2 children with a woman in Ukraine

https://www.thelocal.ch/20141118/footba ... ld-support - a child with a Swiss woman. Here a court asked Ideye to pay support in 2014 but he just ignored the court's ruling.
Representation of the nation at national team level is reserved for the best players of any given sport. Not for the man without sin, or the one that manages to put up a facade.The moral compass of any player should not be a determinant for national team invitations. Due to non-publicity or other reasons, the extra-football or private lives of some of our footballers, past and present, could be found out to be disappointing. Frankly, you'll be surprised at the revelations if one were to dig deep into various personal lives (officials included). And, this is not restricted to Nigeria or the sport of football alone (The NBA and NFL in America is replete with stories and many that ended with court decisions). It'll be tough having Rohr assess players on moral bases as opposed to footballing reasons. Let Ideye and any other deserving players be selected for the World Cup camps. The courts and their families are there to deal with other personal issues.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Obong wrote:
niyi wrote:
Odas wrote:

Representation of the nation at national team level is reserved for the best players of any given sport. Not for the man without sin, or the one that manages to put up a facade.The moral compass of any player should not be a determinant for national team invitations. Due to non-publicity or other reasons, the extra-football or private lives of some of our footballers, past and present, could be found out to be disappointing. Frankly, you'll be surprised at the revelations if one were to dig deep into various personal lives (officials included). And, this is not restricted to Nigeria or the sport of football alone (The NBA and NFL in America is replete with stories and many that ended with court decisions). It'll be tough having Rohr assess players on moral bases as opposed to footballing reasons. Let Ideye and any other deserving players be selected for the World Cup camps. The courts and their families are there to deal with other personal issues.
There is a difference between small moral mistakes and outright evil behaviour. A player lies, I don't care; a player cheats, their problem.

These are different from a player having at least 3 children and totally neglecting them.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

These foolish agents and their intermediaries has starting saying rubbish. First of all, Mikel and ighalo are integral part of super eagles team and it would be quite dumb for the coach to drop them now even if he is trying to integrate other footballers. Agents and middle men has to understand that our team is almost complete and this is the time to continue playing familiar players to integrate, familiarize everyone to he coach philosophy, formations and ideology. As for that agent Niyi smh at you! Tell your client ajayi that after World Cup if he is good enough, he would be invited but as for this 2018 World Cup ajayi is excluded
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Ideye is not my favorite striker. However, statistics do not lie. He has a better goals and assist ratio than Emenike, Ideye, Iheanacho over the last ten years or any of their careers. He also has the best goal to game ratio. Granted our top striker options are piss poor.

Ideye: 145/362, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Ideye
Emenike: 92/236, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Emenike
Ighalo: 105/301, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odion_Ighalo
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

For comparison

Mo Salah: 106/286
Mane: 97/241
Hurricane: 149/265
Lewandowski: 318/511
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

We’re talking about for Nigeria and not his freaking club smh shameless people. Ideye is not trustworthy enough to be our top 2 strikers at World Cup except for injuries
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

john12 wrote:These foolish agents and their intermediaries has starting saying rubbish. First of all, Mikel and ighalo are integral part of super eagles team and it would be quite dumb for the coach to drop them now even if he is trying to integrate other footballers. Agents and middle men has to understand that our team is almost complete and this is the time to continue playing familiar players to integrate, familiarize everyone to he coach philosophy, formations and ideology. As for that agent Niyi smh at you! Tell your client ajayi that after World Cup if he is good enough, he would be invited but as for this 2018 World Cup ajayi is excluded
Yep I wholeheartedly agree with you as long as the headless ,inept and feckless Musa is not included in the team.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

john12 wrote:We’re talking about for Nigeria and not his freaking club smh shameless people. Ideye is not trustworthy enough to be our top 2 strikers at World Cup except for injuries
Musa is not either. Both are useless players, surely waste of spot if either of the players is picked to go to Russia
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Rohr does not have a midfield problem he has a STRIKER and LB problem. Most likely Ideye will be invited for the friendlies.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Bully, I don’t think that musa is or should be a starter in the current eagles squad but for what we have available musa is definitely worth inviting in our 23 man squad except you have a better replacement. We ask you guys to provide an upgrade or better replacement to musa then you will start mentioning inexperienced backwater league players
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

wait, what?