ROHR WANTS FRANCE IN SECOND ROUND

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
ROHR WANTS FRANCE IN SECOND ROUND

Post by Obong »

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/02/19/r ... in-russia/

Gernot Rohr has said he hopes Nigeria finish second in Group D so as to possibly set up a Round of 16 clash against France as it was at Brazil 2014.

Rohr made public his World Cup aspiration to the inaugural NFF/Aiteo Nigeria Football Best Awards tonight.

Nigeria are drawn with Argentina, Croatia and Iceland in the first round of the global tournament.

“We are the lowest ranked by FIFA in our group at 52 with Argentina ranked No 4 in the world, but I still believe we can finish at least second in our group and then we could meet France most likely as we did in Brazil,” revealed the experienced coach, who has both German and French nationalities.

In 2014, France beat Nigeria 2-0 to qualify for the quarterfinals.

Nigeria have reached the World Cup Round of 16 thrice – 1994, 1998 and 2014.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
opine
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR WANTS FRANCE IN SECOND ROUND

Post by opine »

“We are the lowest ranked by FIFA in our group at 52 with Argentina ranked No 4 in the world, but I still believe we can finish at least second in our group and then we could meet France most likely as we did in Brazil,” revealed the experienced coach, who has both German and French nationalities.

To read the above and come away with Rohr "Wanting" France is extremely poor comprehension or just cheap clickbaiting.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

opine wrote:“We are the lowest ranked by FIFA in our group at 52 with Argentina ranked No 4 in the world, but I still believe we can finish at least second in our group and then we could meet France most likely as we did in Brazil,” revealed the experienced coach, who has both German and French nationalities.

To read the above and come away with Rohr "Wanting" France is extremely poor comprehension or just cheap clickbaiting.
Putting lies in quotation is the new thing with Nigeria journalists. They will lie then put their own lies in quotes and clam somebody's else said it. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I hope so too.... I have tickets for that second round match up in Kazan
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

All is good whether coach Rohr said so or not. The way the played Argentina, we will be any team any day if we play like that in the world cup.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Odas wrote:All is good whether coach Rohr said so or not. The way the played Argentina, we will be any team any day if we play like that in the world cup.
If all our opponents play like Argentina or we play like we did
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
opine wrote:“We are the lowest ranked by FIFA in our group at 52 with Argentina ranked No 4 in the world, but I still believe we can finish at least second in our group and then we could meet France most likely as we did in Brazil,” revealed the experienced coach, who has both German and French nationalities.

Putting lies in quotation is the new thing with Nigeria journalists. They will lie then put their own lies in quotes and clam somebody's else said it. :laugh:
Nigerian journalism is in dire straits today, evidently. But we must recognize that journalism is the first victim of social media. We are all writers, but far too many are bogus journalists taking advantage of the No-Man's-Land of social media to purvey fakery of all kinds.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

:clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16