Club Hints at Stephen Eze's Call Up for March Friendlies....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Club Hints at Stephen Eze's Call Up for March Friendlies....

Post by Enugu II »

Bulgarian Side Lokomotiv Plovdiv Hint At Super Eagles Call Up For CHAN Star Stephen Eze
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/03/01/bu ... ephen-eze/
March 1, 201806

Per a statement on their official website Bulgarian side Lokomotiv Plovdiv have dropped a big hint about a call up to the senior national team of Nigeria for their newly signed on defender Stephen Eze.

Eze joined the team from the African Nations Championship where Nigeria finished as runners-up to host Morocco, with his performance earning him a spot in the team of the tournament.

The club in a statement on the upcoming international weekend of games, named the Nigerian among the players who are likely to be away for international engagement in the month of March.

Their statement suggest a leak by Owngoalnigeria.com could be true as we first reported that coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr is interested in the towering defender as cover for Leon Balogun.

Balogun has returned to full fitness and he is now enjoying a regular run of games at German side Mainz 05 gave Rohr concerns after a poor first half of the season in Germany, where injuries and fitness issues limited him to just few games in the Bundesliga.

Rohr was impressed with Eze’s performance at the CHAN championship and views him as a capable back up to Balogun due to their similarities in statue, particularly in terms of height.

The list for the Nigerian players for the game against Poland and Serbia is expected to be made official on the 7th of March, only before then can the invitation of Eze be confirmed by Rohr.

Michael James
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Club Hints at Stephen Eze's Call Up for March Friendlies

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is a good player. He is better than the Bulgarian league.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

"Michael James." :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agents!

I knew this would be next the moment they rushed to announce s move to Bulgaria
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The YeyeMan wrote:"Michael James." :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Maybe the club don't know the difference between the CHAN and main squad.....

Until 7 March, all call up's are speculative..
Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg

Post by Larry Ashagbe 1 »

Enugu II wrote:
Bulgarian Side Lokomotiv Plovdiv Hint At Super Eagles Call Up For CHAN Star Stephen Eze
March 1, 201806

Per a statement on their official website Bulgarian side Lokomotiv Plovdiv have dropped a big hint about a call up to the senior national team of Nigeria for their newly signed on defender Stephen Eze.

Eze joined the team from the African Nations Championship where Nigeria finished as runners-up to host Morocco, with his performance earning him a spot in the team of the tournament.

The club in a statement on the upcoming international weekend of games, named the Nigerian among the players who are likely to be away for international engagement in the month of March.

Their statement suggest a leak by Owngoalnigeria.com could be true as we first reported that coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr is interested in the towering defender as cover for Leon Balogun.

Balogun has returned to full fitness and he is now enjoying a regular run of games at German side Mainz 05 gave Rohr concerns after a poor first half of the season in Germany, where injuries and fitness issues limited him to just few games in the Bundesliga.

Rohr was impressed with Eze’s performance at the CHAN championship and views him as a capable back up to Balogun due to their similarities in statue, particularly in terms of height.

The list for the Nigerian players for the game against Poland and Serbia is expected to be made official on the 7th of March, only before then can the invitation of Eze be confirmed by Rohr.

Michael James
I have done an extensive search on the Lokomotiv Plovdiv website, there is such article as claimed by this Michael James.

Fake News
Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg

I forgot to mention that I am a Bulgarian speaker as well.

There is a big derby match against their biggest city rival Botev Plovdiv on Sunday 04/03/2018.

It should have been played on Thursday but was postponed because of bad weather.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Larry don't even bother .... How can the club be dropping hints when Rohr is not going to release his list until the 7th..?? How can owngoal refer to a statement without quoting the source..

Junk news has become the order of the day on the site..
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote:Larry don't even bother .... How can the club be dropping hints when Rohr is not going to release his list until the 7th..?? How can owngoal refer to a statement without quoting the source..

Junk news has become the order of the day on the site..
It's quite pathetic.
Michael James should be banned from this place.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:He is a good player. He is better than the Bulgarian league.
I've had a look at some of his Youtube clips but nothing from the last CHAN.
Seems a little clumsy and needs to be in better control of his body. But his feet aren't bad and he intercepts quite well with both feet. His passing is fairly accurate too.
He is obviously a bit rough at the edges but I am hoping he will benefit from playing with better players and better coaching at some point.
Physically, I don't think I've seen such an imposing Nigerian defender in SE history.
He is absolutely massive.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Another case of Kunle, 'the Sunshine Guy' Odunlami.

1Naija's nephew Adeleye, was actually more impressive than Eze during the WAFU tournament.
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/01/05/s ... les-place/

No harm in the callup (if true), but the SE is not lacking in this area.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Damunk wrote:
Seems a little clumsy and needs to be in better control of his body. But his feet aren't bad and he intercepts quite well with both feet. His passing is fairly accurate too.
He is obviously a bit rough at the edges but I am hoping he will benefit from playing with better players and better coaching at some point.
Physically, I don't think I've seen such an imposing Nigerian defender in SE history.
Talking about that, what ever happened to Azubuike Egwuekwe?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Mr Shows wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You are a mind reader. :D
As I typed the above I was thinking of him.
I was a great fan but he somehow didn't quite rise to the levels I anticipated.
I think he is in Finland or some other Scandinavian country playing quietly there.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You are a mind reader. :D
As I typed the above I was thinking of him.
I was a great fan but he somehow didn't quite rise to the levels I anticipated.
I think he is in Finland or some other Scandinavian country playing quietly there.
SuperSport United in South Africa.

More money, better pitches, welfare, conditions and organisation that the NPFL.

The football and talent level is probably worse though.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Watch the CHAN videos.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg

Enugu II wrote:
March 1, 201806

Michael James
The story about Stephen Eze's call up for the upcoming friendlies has only been reported by Lokomotiv Plovdiv website today.

Here is the link below and it shows the date of posting as 06/03/2018.

https://lokomotivpd.com/stivan-eze-s-po ... -nigeriya/

Enjoy ....
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Won't be surprised to see Eze get a call up for friendlies. H3 had a good CHAN tourney. I doubt he will make the 23 man roster though. Not good enough.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it