Chelsea 1 vs 1 Barcelona(Willian, Messi)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Chelsea 1 vs 1 Barcelona(Willian, Messi)

Post by charlie »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:I tell you what, Victor Moses has been masterful today.

The space of the Nou Camp will be a different story I suspect but Chelsea have held their own today.
Still fancy them. Esp if he stays fit.
You're a bolder man than me. That space of the Nou Camp is no joke. It'll mean these two fullbacks and Kante/Cesc MUST work even harder. I don't think Barcelona have played well at all today yet it's 1-1. Can they replicate today's strategy? I am not so sure. Three weeks is a long time though so maybe.

FT 1-1. GREAT game. Barca played poorly and yet got the result they wanted.
No be me wey go follow Waffiman miss road. As I said, the bobo has clearly not been following Europe's best team closely this season.
Not saying Chelsea cannot pull it off, but men, it will take a miracle at this point.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:Chelsea can’t afford to go to nou camp with 1-1 sha and an away goal against, at that. That’s stadium is huge and their pressing is not going to work there.

Anyway, wetin concern me.
That's the point I'm just making to Waffiman. There were a few passes Barca tried today that didnt come off because of the smaller stadium. Chelsea have succeeded in Barcelona before though so maybe they can do it again. That away goal complicates matters for them. They can't simply sit all game as they have done before.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:What a game. Cant wait for round two!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Tobi17 wrote:
charlie wrote:Honestly, I still think Conte is the man of the match.
His Strategy for this game was amazing and almost worked. Just one bad mistake, and this Barca team dont miss many mistakes.

Advantage Barcelona. Back to the drawing board for Chelsea. They will need a magical performance to pull out a win in the Nou camp.
What's Barcelonas home record against Chelsea? Let's start from there before tipping the odds in their favor...
If they resign Mikelele, I will reserve the right to change my mind.
Till then,...3 weeks is a long time and anything fit happen.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

1-1 is not ideal but still alive...
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

balo wrote:
toyin133 wrote:At least Chelsea now know that they can go toe to toe with Barca

Bros, it was 27 / 73 ball possession on the night. More like toe to knee.

Ha, I forgot, Chelsea allowed Barca to have the ball.
Chelsea were controlled in defense and yes they allowed Barca to have the ball in non threatening areas
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:What a game. Cant wait for round two!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Midget did you even watch the tactical aspect of the game? How many teams can play an open game against Barca and not slaughtered lol, we matched them toe to toe and had the better chances, very much in tactical command of the game for the first larger part of the game.

We no be Man U wey go pass bus and still be useless at what they do best.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

The space of the Nou Camp will be a different story I suspect but Chelsea have held their own today.
You're a bolder man than me. That space of the Nou Camp is no joke. It'll mean these two fullbacks and Kante/Cesc MUST work even harder. I don't think Barcelona have played well at all today yet it's 1-1. Can they replicate today's strategy? I am not so sure. Three weeks is a long time though so maybe.

Chelsea's best players, William, Rudiger and Victor Moses. Now they need Hazard in the Nou Camp and they will be in the next round.

The spaces at the Nou Camp works for Chelsea too. Barca's with the ageing Iniesta are not the same team.
Add Ngolo Kante to the best today. That small Energizer Bunny was everywhere today. At least THREE times he was leading the counter after breaking up play in his own half only for Willian to fall to pass to him. Barca targeted Hazard for some major kicking :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree on Iniesta. Add Paulinho and Rakitic. That midfield didnt really handle this game well. Slow, predictable, and static.

VM really warmed my heart today, outstanding display.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enjoyed the game.

Chelski took advantage of their small pitch to restrict the space available to Barcelona.

Love to see how they will line-up for the return fixture.

Chelski can claim they deserved better from this game as the had the better chances.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Christensen would have learned from this game. Hopefully.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

VM had a very good game defensively,all else na somebori else’s palava :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Okay so the first English team (Everton doesn't count smart arses) out of Europe has been confirmed ...ok just checking :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Respect.

I always liked Willian.

Last edited by Nkume on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

Can man united sand toe to toe with Barca
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Chelsea's best players, William, Rudiger and Victor Moses. Now they need Hazard in the Nou Camp and they will be in the next round.

The spaces at the Nou Camp works for Chelsea too. Barca's with the ageing Iniesta are not the same team.
Add Ngolo Kante to the best today. That small Energizer Bunny was everywhere today. At least THREE times he was leading the counter after breaking up play in his own half only for Willian to fall to pass to him. Barca targeted Hazard for some major kicking :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree on Iniesta. Add Paulinho and Rakitic. That midfield didnt really handle this game well. Slow, predictable, and static.

Agreed that Kante had a very good game. Willian is the obvious man of the match.
Thought Vicmo had a slightly above average game. Good with his defensive responsibility and pressing. Below average with his offensive game.
Decent game from him.

Glad if anyone was to make a mistake it was Christensen... his overall good play allows him the luxury of an error now and then
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Tobi17 wrote: Midget did you even watch the tactical aspect of the game? How many teams can play an open game against Barca and not slaughtered lol, we matched them toe to toe and had the better chances, very much in tactical command of the game for the first larger part of the game.

We no be Man U wey go pass bus and still be useless at what they do best.
sorry o

na tactics wey make you score dem 1-1 advantage Chelsea. Abeg o

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

toyin133 wrote:
balo wrote:
toyin133 wrote:At least Chelsea now know that they can go toe to toe with Barca

Bros, it was 27 / 73 ball possession on the night. More like toe to knee.

Ha, I forgot, Chelsea allowed Barca to have the ball.
Chelsea were controlled in defense and yes they allowed Barca to have the ball in non threatening areas
I really dont get how people look at possession and fail to understand anything beyond that.

Chelsea had barcelona EXACTLY where they wanted them....passing the ball around with sterile possession. If not for that one monster error, this would have been a successful strategy by Conte.

Barca? They got the result but they will know their strategy must be better in Nou Camp because they looked clueless for long stretches today. Kind of like Spain in the last few major tournaments, all the possession yet doing nothing. Barcelona MUST play better at home and i bet they know it. They got away with one today.

Chelsea hit the post several times, had several excellent counterattack chances (willian was good but he really missed some delicious counters), and kept their shape brilliantly.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Messi can now retire in peace. He has scored against Chelsea.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cellular wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Agreed that Kante had a very good game. Willian is the obvious man of the match.
Thought Vicmo had a slightly above average game. Good with his defensive responsibility and pressing. Below average with his offensive game.
Decent game from him.

Glad if anyone was to make a mistake it was Christensen... his overall good play allows him the luxury of an error now and then
Barca tilted focus to Hazard and Willian punished them. Honestly while he was MoM, i thought he had chances to really kill barca today and failed to do so...his final pass on those counter attacks was lacking today. Too many counters died at his feet for my liking. Conte will let him know about it without a doubt.

VM was tentative going forward but I think that was intentional. I think both he and alonso were mainly tasked with playing safe offensively.

I thought the game would end in a 1-1 draw all along but as it progressed, i really thought chelsea had the capacity to win 1-0. They were disciplined. There's a good chance they get knocked out in Spain, 2-0 or something along those lines. Today's strategy was nice but they'll need a target man to play off of in the return leg.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I thought the big problem for Barca today was Paulinho's lack of effectiveness in his other role of pushing up close to Messi and Suarez. Started well but seemed to lose confidence after the headed chance...

Interesting how Conte deployed the switch, much like Madrid, but without the necessary compliment of players...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:I thought the big problem for Barca today was Paulinho's lack of effectiveness in his other role of pushing up close to Messi and Suarez. Started well but seemed to lose confidence after the headed chance...

Interesting how Conte deployed the switch, much like Madrid, but without the necessary compliment of players...

Yea too often messi and suarez ended up with 2 v 4 in the middle. They needed another outlet for their quick passing game and flicks.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Encouraging performance. Was not a fan of the false 9 or so lineup but the whole team played well and I will give Conte's his dues. Took a silly error to undo the hard work but the team maintained composure.

Nou camp will not be easy. But a commendable performance today.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

metalalloy wrote:
txj wrote:I thought the big problem for Barca today was Paulinho's lack of effectiveness in his other role of pushing up close to Messi and Suarez. Started well but seemed to lose confidence after the headed chance...

Yea too often messi and suarez ended up with 2 v 4 in the middle. They needed another outlet for their quick passing game and flicks.
This was an away game for Barca and I think they played a bit more cautiously in order not to be caught out on the counter. They have ageing legs in Midfield. I will expect things to be different in Camp Nou. The good thing doe CFC is that I don't see Barca playing cautiously at home despite having the result advantage. CFC will have to do better on the counter. Will still be a tough ask to get the desired result in Spain
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....