Vic Mo is " a force of nature" - El Mundo Deportivo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Vic Mo is " a force of nature" - El Mundo Deportivo

Post by 1naija »

You guys should stop over-analyzing sheit. Victor Moses has been our best player in all the games he featured during the WC qualifiers and can play any role he is assigned. I trust Rohr to use it to our best advantage. I don't trust any of you internet coaches.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

john12 wrote:Defensively he was solid but offensively he was rubbish, Absolute rubbish! Not the Moses that I am used to. At least this coach has taught him some discipline, work ethic and hardwork

agent!!!!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:
I dont know how to explain it to you, but I will try.

I watched Alves at Juventus, he was very bad. And his age was showing, so Juve made a decision that was quite public. They decided to reduce his league appearances to "save him for CL." When the end of the year came, Juve was ecstatic that PSG was ready take him off their hands, and they released him. THIS IS ACTUALLY THE FACT.

It is true that Man City tried to sign him. But there isnt any need for intellectual prostitution. Man City tried to sign him to sit on the bench and applaud Kyle Walker.

I dont know if PSG is the richest team in the world, as I am not privy to their financials. What I do know, however, is that the match against Real Madrid is a proper match to judge him. In other games, PSG has enough fire power to be on the front foot for 90 minutes. Against Real Madrid, we all saw the decision Emery had to take. Alves had to be moved to midfield because the coach did not believe he was in the right shape to continue as a RB.

Barca's inability to "adequately replace" Alves says NOTHING about Alves' present ability. It says everything about his ability 4 years ago and the ability of the players who have been brought in.

It is laughable to name this old Alves as the best right back in the world. very very laughable and only a person who doesnt actually watch enough matches would think that. Like I said, I saw Alves fail at Juve and I have watched him at PSG. Have you?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No need for explanation. Deal with the facts.

Fact:You said anyone that thinks he is the best RB is living in 2014.
Fact: He is in Fifa's 2017 World XI as RB
Fact: The best team in England tried to sign him and pulled out b/c they didn't want to get into a bidding war with the richest team in the world. Please keep Calamity Kyle out of this. :lol:
Fact: He will be starting RB for one of the WC favourites this year
Fact: Alves asked to leave Italy b/c he didn't like it there.
Fact: I can post some clips of his passes and moves against Madrid.
Fact: This thread is about celebrating Vic Mo and not burying Dani Alves. Feel free to start a thread about who you think is the best RB in the world and we can compare him with Dani.
http://www.naijiant.com/
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Moses is the new Essien. Next coach might play him as CB....lol.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Moses was call into Barca dressing room at the bridge last night,it was Suarez that call him .Its like Barca want Moses after the world cup..
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kajifu wrote:Moses was call into Barca dressing room at the bridge last night,it was Suarez that call him .Its like Barca want Moses after the world cup..
:source:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
kajifu wrote:Moses was call into Barca dressing room at the bridge last night,it was Suarez that call him .Its like Barca want Moses after the world cup..
:lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
They played together at Liverpool so it might be that but still.....

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not surprising at all. Moses is our best player. A game changer in attack and more than does his fair share of defensive duties for the SE.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
They played together at Liverpool so it might be that but still.....

Kaji's cousin....
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
john12 wrote:Defensively he was solid but offensively he was rubbish, Absolute rubbish! Not the Moses that I am used to. At least this coach has taught him some discipline, work ethic and hardwork
agent!!!!
What? You mean - Oga John12 - is now an agent?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Odas wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
agent!!!!
What? You mean - Oga John12 - is now an agent?

welcome to the CE :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

elerineye wrote:I just pray they all remain healthy.
Amen.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont know how to explain it to you, but I will try.

I watched Alves at Juventus, he was very bad. And his age was showing, so Juve made a decision that was quite public. They decided to reduce his league appearances to "save him for CL." When the end of the year came, Juve was ecstatic that PSG was ready take him off their hands, and they released him. THIS IS ACTUALLY THE FACT.

It is true that Man City tried to sign him. But there isnt any need for intellectual prostitution. Man City tried to sign him to sit on the bench and applaud Kyle Walker.

I dont know if PSG is the richest team in the world, as I am not privy to their financials. What I do know, however, is that the match against Real Madrid is a proper match to judge him. In other games, PSG has enough fire power to be on the front foot for 90 minutes. Against Real Madrid, we all saw the decision Emery had to take. Alves had to be moved to midfield because the coach did not believe he was in the right shape to continue as a RB.

Barca's inability to "adequately replace" Alves says NOTHING about Alves' present ability. It says everything about his ability 4 years ago and the ability of the players who have been brought in.

It is laughable to name this old Alves as the best right back in the world. very very laughable and only a person who doesnt actually watch enough matches would think that. Like I said, I saw Alves fail at Juve and I have watched him at PSG. Have you?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No need for explanation. Deal with the facts.

Fact:You said anyone that thinks he is the best RB is living in 2014.
Fact: He is in Fifa's 2017 World XI as RB
Fact: The best team in England tried to sign him and pulled out b/c they didn't want to get into a bidding war with the richest team in the world. Please keep Calamity Kyle out of this. :lol:
Fact: He will be starting RB for one of the WC favourites this year
Fact: Alves asked to leave Italy b/c he didn't like it there.
Fact: I can post some clips of his passes and moves against Madrid.
Fact: This thread is about celebrating Vic Mo and not burying Dani Alves. Feel free to start a thread about who you think is the best RB in the world and we can compare him with Dani.
:lol: you think I have energy to be arguing with you back and forth? You have stated your opinion on Alves and I have stated mine. I am sure everyone on CE have eyes to assess Alves.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

maceo4 wrote:
TV bro,watch Chelsea tunnel cam.
Did you see the half time tunnel?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Can he do it as a winger for SE considering he’s now a professional WB?
Did you watch the WC qualifiers?
Lol. no mind them. I expect Moses to have a dominating world cup! Our team is built as a team. Individually, they may not be the greatest. But when they come together, they are dominating and will rip many teams to shreds! Best believe that!

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kajifu wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
TV bro,watch Chelsea tunnel cam.
Did you see the half time tunnel?
Tunnel is different from dressing room, its normal if they talk in the tunnel, they were former teammates...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:First of, anyone who thinks Dani Alves is still the best right back in the world, needs to come out of 2014. The world has moved on, bro. smh
FACTS

1. Fifa Team of the Year 2017 RB - Dani Alves
2. Current best team in England tried to sign him
3. Richest team in the world signed him
4. He will be starting RB for one of the WC 2018 favourites Brazil
5. Barca, one of the best teams in the world still haven't adequately replaced him
6. He was Juve's best player in the 2017 CL final, not to mention all the assists leading to the final
While I would agree that Dani Alves, though past his prime is still a force of nature, I disagree with your point 5 that Barca have yet to replace him. Semedo has locked down that RB position for Barca.

I think Barca are doing just fine without D. Alves (like undefeated fine).
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

charlie wrote: While I would agree that Dani Alves, though past his prime is still a force of nature, I disagree with your point 5 that Barca have yet to replace him. Semedo has locked down that RB position for Barca.

I think Barca are doing just fine without D. Alves (like undefeated fine).
Are you sure you have been watching Barca? Their 1st choice RB now is Sergi Roberto (a midfielder by trade). And that's b/c Nelson Semedo is still not trusted in that position.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Mo' Moses appreciation from the Guardian.
Jordi Alba has been hugely important to Barça this season, pounding up the left flank to offer width as Iniesta plays narrow in the asymmetric 4-4-2 Ernesto Valverde has come to favour. The full-back is sixth in the list of top assist-makers in La Liga, his link-up with Messi a regular feature. But against Chelsea Alba did not make a single key pass and put in only three crosses. Although he was on the ball regularly he did not have it in dangerous areas. Chelsea stifled him. He had 110 touches, roughly as many as Sergi Roberto and Iniesta, significantly fewer than only Sergio Busquets and Ivan Rakitic and twice as many as any Chelsea player other than Victor Moses, who had 58.

In part that was a result of Chelsea sitting deep after a frenetic early press and denying the full-back space to run into behind their backline but that is hardly a situation Barça are unused to facing. More specifically it was to do with Moses. It is no coincidence he touched the ball more than any other Chelsea player, driving Alba back not just through diligent closing but also with the threat of his partnership with Pedro.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ue-tactics
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Conte has turned Victor Moses into a world class player. What I particularly like about Moses is that his mistakes are very few if any, and he displays a high level of mental control at all times.

If he spots gaps, he drives in and if he does not, he turns back and looks for a pass. If oppositon crowd him to take the ball from him, there is no panic at all. If he sees a chance for goal, he takes it with calmness. The only odd mistake comes from mistimed crosses which may go long. But right now, I believe Chelsea fans expect to see VicMo in their starting line-up, which was the same for JMO. Injuries permitting (pls God!), VicMo will be a major feature for us in Russia come summer. :thumbs: :thumbs:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Like I said, I watched Alves at Juventus and he failed there. At PSG he has also failed ... playing league 1 matches where you can dominate and playing CL is two different things.

Its important for people to actually watch games, rather than talk about what they saw 5 years ago. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?