Vic Mo is " a force of nature" - El Mundo Deportivo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Vic Mo is " a force of nature" - El Mundo Deportivo

Post by cic old boy »

Where is that thread where I told people that only Dani Alves is above Vic Mo in terms of dominating the right flank?
Sergi Roberto was so busy dealing with Eden Hazard and Pedro, and Jordi Alba so occupied with Willian and the forward bursts of Victor Moses, that they could not get out.

El Mundo Deportivo described Moses as a 'force of nature' for the way he covered the entire right flank. N'Golo Kante was another who left jaws gaping with a 'brutal' display.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z57kmI8Igf

This is why, no matter what, Conte remains a top, top man in my books. Nigeria will benefit in Russia from Moses tasting the pressure cooker matches at the Bridge and Camp Nou.
http://www.naijiant.com/
elerineye
Egg
Egg
Re: Vic Mo is " a force of nature" - El Mundo Deportivo

Post by elerineye »

I just pray they all remain healthy.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

elerineye wrote:I just pray they all remain healthy.
Kpom! The Croatian left flank pirate Perisic abi na Periwinkle go hia wien!

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Can he do it as a winger for SE considering he’s now a professional WB?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote:Where is that thread where I told people that only Dani Alves is above Vic Mo in terms of dominating the right flank?
Sergi Roberto was so busy dealing with Eden Hazard and Pedro, and Jordi Alba so occupied with Willian and the forward bursts of Victor Moses, that they could not get out.

El Mundo Deportivo described Moses as a 'force of nature' for the way he covered the entire right flank. N'Golo Kante was another who left jaws gaping with a 'brutal' display.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z57kmI8Igf

This is why, no matter what, Conte remains a top, top man in my books. Nigeria will benefit in Russia from Moses tasting the pressure cooker matches at the Bridge and Camp Nou.
Moses nah beast..why i actually like him playing that position for Chelsea is because when he plays for the SE it helps his defensive work rate.. his lungs are something else.. he overlaps and gets back into position all the time
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

The guy didnt even play to his potential, hazard sometimes has a mental block in the big games.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

First of, anyone who thinks Dani Alves is still the best right back in the world, needs to come out of 2014. The world has moved on, bro. smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Defensively he was solid but offensively he was rubbish, Absolute rubbish! Not the Moses that I am used to. At least this coach has taught him some discipline, work ethic and hardwork
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Defensively he was solid but offensively he was rubbish, Absolute rubbish! Not the Moses that I am used to. At least this coach has taught him some discipline, work ethic and hardwork
He's gonna bench your client whether you like it or not :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:First of, anyone who thinks Dani Alves is still the best right back in the world, needs to come out of 2014. The world has moved on, bro. smh
FACTS

1. Fifa Team of the Year 2017 RB - Dani Alves
2. Current best team in England tried to sign him
3. Richest team in the world signed him
4. He will be starting RB for one of the WC 2018 favourites Brazil
5. Barca, one of the best teams in the world still haven't adequately replaced him
6. He was Juve's best player in the 2017 CL final, not to mention all the assists leading to the final
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Why did so many Chelsea managers not see Moses' talent until Conte arrived? How did they fail to notice how good he is? Conte's predecessors spent years pimping him out on loan to Liverpool, Stoke, West Ham etc. Or was it a case of Moses maturing as a player and becoming ready for the first team only when Conte arrived?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Moses is probably Nigeria top 3 players along with Iwobi and Iheanacho for me so maceo I don’t know what you mean
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Moses is probably Nigeria top 3 players along with Iwobi and Iheanacho for me so maceo I don’t know what you mean
Exactly, so where does that leave Musa? Lets see if he will be on later today and pray for a better performance from him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

wiseone wrote:Why did so many Chelsea managers not see Moses' talent until Conte arrived? How did they fail to notice how good he is? Conte's predecessors spent years pimping him out on loan to Liverpool, Stoke, West Ham etc. Or was it a case of Moses maturing as a player and becoming ready for the first team only when Conte arrived?
He was reportedly a bad trainer - too relaxed. All the other coaches saw him as a winger. Conte switched him to wing back and the rest is history.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Can he do it as a winger for SE considering he’s now a professional WB?
Did you watch the WC qualifiers?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:First of, anyone who thinks Dani Alves is still the best right back in the world, needs to come out of 2014. The world has moved on, bro. smh
FACTS

1. Fifa Team of the Year 2017 RB - Dani Alves
2. Current best team in England tried to sign him
3. Richest team in the world signed him
4. He will be starting RB for one of the WC 2018 favourites Brazil
5. Barca, one of the best teams in the world still haven't adequately replaced him
6. He was Juve's best player in the 2017 CL final, not to mention all the assists leading to the final
I dont know how to explain it to you, but I will try.

I watched Alves at Juventus, he was very bad. And his age was showing, so Juve made a decision that was quite public. They decided to reduce his league appearances to "save him for CL." When the end of the year came, Juve was ecstatic that PSG was ready take him off their hands, and they released him. THIS IS ACTUALLY THE FACT.

It is true that Man City tried to sign him. But there isnt any need for intellectual prostitution. Man City tried to sign him to sit on the bench and applaud Kyle Walker.

I dont know if PSG is the richest team in the world, as I am not privy to their financials. What I do know, however, is that the match against Real Madrid is a proper match to judge him. In other games, PSG has enough fire power to be on the front foot for 90 minutes. Against Real Madrid, we all saw the decision Emery had to take. Alves had to be moved to midfield because the coach did not believe he was in the right shape to continue as a RB.

Barca's inability to "adequately replace" Alves says NOTHING about Alves' present ability. It says everything about his ability 4 years ago and the ability of the players who have been brought in.

It is laughable to name this old Alves as the best right back in the world. very very laughable and only a person who doesnt actually watch enough matches would think that. Like I said, I saw Alves fail at Juve and I have watched him at PSG. Have you?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:Why did so many Chelsea managers not see Moses' talent until Conte arrived? How did they fail to notice how good he is? Conte's predecessors spent years pimping him out on loan to Liverpool, Stoke, West Ham etc. Or was it a case of Moses maturing as a player and becoming ready for the first team only when Conte arrived?
Truth is that Moses is a dunce. So, its normal that coaches may not see him as a winger who can win the team the league or CL. And as a RB, Moses is bad defensively. I stand corrected, but I do not believe that any Chelsea manager before Match-fixer played a 3-5-2. Its easy to have moses as a wingback when you have Azpilicueta solidly behind him. With a back four, Moses' poor defending and his poor positioning will destroy his team.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

9jaMan wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Can he do it as a winger for SE considering he’s now a professional WB?
Did you watch the WC qualifiers?
Lol. no mind them. I expect Moses to have a dominating world cup! Our team is built as a team. Individually, they may not be the greatest. But when they come together, they are dominating and will rip many teams to shreds! Best believe that!
Last edited by danfo driver on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

danfo driver wrote:
Truth is that Moses is a dunce. So, its normal that coaches may not see him as a winger who can win the team the league or CL. And as a RB, Moses is bad defensively. I stand corrected, but I do not believe that any Chelsea manager before Match-fixer played a 3-5-2. Its easy to have moses as a wingback when you have Azpilicueta solidly behind him. With a back four, Moses' poor defending and his poor positioning will destroy his team.
Dumb groupie and his defense of the Portuguese pygmy :bump:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

That's exactly how I saw the game. Never has a team had less possession and looked more comfortable. Should have won.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Pssst....the key 3 at the back and the need for a wing back. Na condition dey make crayfish bend. Conte needed to revert to his favorite 3 at the back and Moses was tried out ...the rest they say is history. Not much about the coach, rather about the player who saw a fresh opportunity and grabbed it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Pssst....the key 3 at the back and the need for a wing back. Na condition dey make crayfish bend. Conte needed to revert to his favorite 3 at the back and Moses was tried out ...the rest they say is history. Not much about the coach, rather about the player who saw a fresh opportunity and grabbed it.
Yup!

When Conte is fired at the end of the season, it will be interesting to see how the next coach views Moses’ role. I am hopefully that his devastating performances at the World Cup will earn him a chance as a winger.

I think also, we need to look at something and be a bit hopeful (whether it’s irrational hope or not), but Mundo Deportivo and Sports are both Barca mouthpieces. Barca does not seem satisfied with the right backs they have bought. If they buy Moses, with barca’s tactics, Moses wouldn’t be expected to defend much. He will be successful!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

elerineye wrote: I just pray they all remain healthy.
Exactly! I hope so as well
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.