Siasia: Mikel is as good as Real Madrid’s Luka Modric and Ba

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Siasia: Mikel is as good as Real Madrid’s Luka Modric and Ba

Post by Bigpokey24 »

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/siasia-m ... iogfmb4sbc
The former Super Eagles forward made a bold comparison between the former Chelsea player and the two Croatia midfielders ahead of the World Cup
John Obi Mikel and Croatia's Lukas Modric and Ivan Rakitic are on the same level, according to former Super Eagles head coach, Samson Siasia.

The Super Eagles face the Europeans on June 16 for their opening Group D fixture at the Kaliningrad Stadium - with the former Chelsea man expected to lead Gernot Rohr's men.

Regardless of Modric’s impact in Real Madrid and Rakitic’s displays for Barcelona this season, the Siasia is confident that the Tianjin Teda midfielder can match rival European stars in Russia.
“Mikel is in the same quality with Modric and Rakitic, even though Modric plays in Real Madrid,” he told Goal.

“Mikel has played in Chelsea for many years and he is doing well in the Chinese Super League. I think they will fight for that position on the field of play
Following the Super Eagles’ unbeaten run to their sixth World Cup appearance, the 50-year-old urged Rohr’s men to prepare well and not dwell on their 4-2 victory over Argentina.

“They've done well but the problem is that most of our players are not playing in the big leagues and they don't get enough playing time, the World Cup is not where to do physical activities,” he continued.

hey need to play friendly games and make sure they understand themselves. The match against Argentina should not be a yardstick though we did very well and we were all surprised.

“However, the World Cup is a different ball game. We know Argentina very well but we don't understand Croatia and Iceland.

"It'll be a good thing to get a win and a draw between these two teams [Croatia and Iceland] then I think Argentina will be last get a draw and we will get to the next round."

i agree 150% plus more :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Siasia: Mikel is as good as Real Madrid’s Luka Modric an

Post by kajifu »

I don't need Siasia to come tell me how good Mikel is.SMH
Mikel is a complete MF that the other two Croatian can only dream.
If Mikel was white he would have been shrine as one of the top 3 best MF to play the game.
Mikel has won any trophies those guys ever won and he did it before them. :clap: :clap:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nonsense...when Mikel was winning and winning trophies at Chelsea, Tottenham was "managing" Modric :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, tok up and tok down, we go beat Croatia, na dat one be my own.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Odas wrote:Well, tok up and tok down, we go beat Croatia, na dat one be my own.
I admire your confidence.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Mikelele should be better than them if not for the strong influence of Borinho's bus-parking sh*t on a stick football.
http://www.naijiant.com/
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mikel is as good r better than Modric in some aspects of the game but definitely, absolutely without doubt can’t shoot the ball like Modric with either foot.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I think comparing Modric and Rakitic with Mikel is doing Mikel a great dis-service.
JMO is one of the great midfielders of all time and his Chelsea record attests to that.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Modric and Mikel are both very good and very different players. If I had the chance to sign either Modric or Mikel, I would go with Modric because he can impact a game much more with his dribbles, movement, and passing ability; and overall is a more complete player. Mikel is a very good player in his own right and will not be intimidated by any one at the world cup, however, he's somewhat limited in abilities and hence easier to replace.

It's a narrow argument to say a player is better simply because he has more titles. After all football is a team sport. For example, Nicky Butt has more titles than Gianfranco Zola. Don't think anyone in their right mind would consider Butt the better player.
Goldleaf wrote:I think comparing Modric and Rakitic with Mikel is doing Mikel a great dis-service.
JMO is one of the great midfielders of all time and his Chelsea record attests to that.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

olu wrote:Modric and Mikel are both very good and very different players. If I had the chance to sign either Modric or Mikel, I would go with Modric because he can impact a game much more with his dribbles, movement, and passing ability; and overall is a more complete player. Mikel is a very good player in his own right and will not be intimidated by any one at the world cup, however, he's somewhat limited in abilities and hence easier to replace.

It's a narrow argument to say a player is better simply because he has more titles. After all football is a team sport. For example, Nicky Butt has more titles than Gianfranco Zola. Don't think anyone in their right mind would consider Butt the better player.
Goldleaf wrote:I think comparing Modric and Rakitic with Mikel is doing Mikel a great dis-service.
:boo: :boo: You are only picking Modric because he is white nothing else.
Modric will pay to be as good as Mikel,why do we like to disrespect our own players?I don't get some of you.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kajifu wrote:
olu wrote:Modric and Mikel are both very good and very different players. If I had the chance to sign either Modric or Mikel, I would go with Modric because he can impact a game much more with his dribbles, movement, and passing ability; and overall is a more complete player. Mikel is a very good player in his own right and will not be intimidated by any one at the world cup, however, he's somewhat limited in abilities and hence easier to replace.

:boo: :boo: You are only picking Modric because he is white nothing else.
Modric will pay to be as good as Mikel,why do we like to disrespect our own players?I don't get some of you.
:rotf: :rotf: he gave you his reasons and you are using race, na real wa...Mikel still cannot shoot a ball straight in how many years as a professional, there are just parts of his game that Modric is better and others that Mikel is better such a defensively. But for the AM position Mikel plays for SE, Modric would be better there...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!