World Cup 2018: ROHR finally rules out Enyeama....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: World Cup 2018: ROHR finally rules out Enyeama....

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Anyone seen Obong Itatex? I suspect he is speeding on the highway, headed to Ikot Ikpene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Odas, remember what that Epa told us in Benin? That they can go to Ikot Ikpene all they like, at the end of the day, its "Edo'Odion?" :D
No time to gloat. Vince has served Nigeria well, and and we still have a big GK problem.

Ezenwa looked good in CHAN, but watching the qualifiers again, and he made big errors in every match he played, and if Slimani was not possessed by the Spirit of Yakubu, we could have conceded 4 in Algeria.

We are now hoping on a 19 Year old with 2 Laliga starts (he has been great in the 3rd level in Spain, but it is still a lot to hope for).

Can't exactly mention Nwolokor anymore (not getting playing time), and looks like Femi Thomas won't get looked at.
:lol: :lol: I see you are panicking! If Ideye does not make it, like I expect he shouldn’t, you will see Oba! :lol:
Yes, I am panicking, but that only started after I watched some WCQ matches this weekend, and saw that we really have issues with the GKs. Now some people are now talking about some American/Brazlilan/Nigerian kid called Philip Ejimadu, along with Maduka Okoye.

As for Ideye, I will shed no tear if he fails to make the cut to Russia, and I will not celebrate if he makes it as well, at least until he scores a goal or 2 for the SE. Right now, I think he is on the outside looking in, but he is making a case for himself.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Anyone seen Obong Itatex? I suspect he is speeding on the highway, headed to Ikot Ikpene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Odas, remember what that Epa told us in Benin? That they can go to Ikot Ikpene all they like, at the end of the day, its "Edo'Odion?" :D
No time to gloat. Vince has served Nigeria well, and and we still have a big GK problem.

Ezenwa looked good in CHAN, but watching the qualifiers again, and he made big errors in every match he played, and if Slimani was not possessed by the Spirit of Yakubu, we could have conceded 4 in Algeria.

We are now hoping on a 19 Year old with 2 Laliga starts (he has been great in the 3rd level in Spain, but it is still a lot to hope for).

Can't exactly mention Nwolokor anymore (not getting playing time), and looks like Femi Thomas won't get looked at.
:lol: :lol: I see you are panicking! If Ideye does not make it, like I expect he shouldn’t, you will see Oba! :lol:
Yes, I am panicking, but that only started after I watched some WCQ matches this weekend, and saw that we really have issues with the GKs. Now some people are now talking about some American/Brazlilan/Nigerian kid called Philip Ejimadu, along with Maduka Okoye.

As for Ideye, I will shed no tear if he fails to make the cut to Russia, and I will not celebrate if he makes it as well, at least until he scores a goal or 2 for the SE. Right now, I think he is on the outside looking in, but he is making a case for himself.

When you are done watching WCQs, could you also watch the nations cups, for which we did not qualify? Yea, the ones that were hosted when Enyeama was part of the team when we did not qualify? Thanks!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

In the process of searching for that interview, I found this clip. Other than the confetti & fireworks for Vicmo who wasn't in the room, I say kudos to NFF & Lagos State for doing this. Long overdue as Odegbami said
[/video]

[/video]
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Gernot Rohr rules Enyeama out saying he has not seen action

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gernot Rohr rules out Enyeama making Nigeria's World Cup squad due to his inaction at club level - See more at: https://goo.gl/BTP7x6
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Gernot Rohr rules Enyeama out saying he has not seen act

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Gernot Rohr rules out Enyeama making Nigeria's World Cup squad due to his inaction at club level - See more at: https://goo.gl/BTP7x6

You and CIC need to stop this habit. If you can't post your article here, don't post the link.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Gernot Rohr rules out Enyeama making Nigeria's World Cup squad due to his inaction at club level - See more at: https://goo.gl/BTP7x6
You and CIC need to stop this habit. If you can't post your article here, don't post the link.
Bros 1Naija; thanks a lot for this! I have said the same thing before and it has continued. It is IRRITATING to say the least. They seem to ONLY want to refer us to their BLOGS to increase traffic and possibly attract more commercial to their Sites.

The Cyber-eagles is NOT for such activities. If they must be allowed to continue, a certain percent of any money they make should be given (returned) to the CYBER-EAGLES, else I think the Site Moderators should do something about these acts
Last edited by Odas on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:

There is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

You don't have to click on their site.

Encouraging one another's legitimate hustle is not a bad thing.

Moreover, it is relevant to CE what their site is promoting.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

Then delete this line from the Forum Rules so everyone will be on the same page.

* The advertising of products or services that are for profit or that detract from general forum life, are not permitted.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

Encouraging one another's legitimate hustle is not a bad thing

Oga Cellular; sorry Sir, but I disagree with you. If we should toll the route you suggested, then they are getting FREE advertisement. They need to pay for such ad., or they should send back some money to the Cyber-eagles for the Site's maintenance. There is no such thing as a FREE LUNCH. It doesn't exist.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

Then delete this line from the Forum Rules so everyone will be on the same page.
* The advertising of products or services that are for profit or that detract from general forum life, are not permitted.
Thanks 1Naija for digging-out, or referring to the sentence (you highlighted in RED) from the Forum rules.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

Thanks 1Naija for digging-out, or referring to the sentence (you highlighted in RED) from the Forum rules.
Odas, you have to excuse uncle cellulite. He is almost 72 years old (one year younger than yemibrassiere) so he may have forgotten that he was one of the people at the forefront of the fight to include this rule, which was actually was a result of activities Ayo was engaging in at the time.

The fact is we all have side hustles, so we need to know if we can start promoting it here as well.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

Odas, you have to excuse uncle cellulite. He is almost 72 years old (one year younger than yemibrassiere) so he may have forgotten that he was one of the people at the forefront of the fight to include this rule, which was actually was a result of activities Ayo was engaging in at the time.

The fact is we all have side hustles, so we need to know if we can start promoting it here as well.
Bros, I agree with you totally. Thus if advertisements are to be allowed, we (Cyber-eagles' Site) should be PAID for such ads.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

“We are working hard to have the best of our legs taken to Russia" - does not sound like the sort of thing Rohr would say.
LOL at "if Slimani was not possessed by the Spirit of Yakubu".. :rotf:

I agree with you that we are in serious trouble on the GK front. Like I said before our GK options are:

Enyeama - had not played in about a year
Akpeyi - dodgy
Ezenwa - better than Akpeyi (but that is not saying a lot)
Alampasu - untried
Uzoho - promising but inexperienced (his entire career consists of a grand total of 2.5 professional senior games). As a young teenage GK he will make mistakes (just like DDG and Casillas did early in their careers).
Nwokolor - bench warmer
Osigwe - actually gets a game every week in the Swiss league.
truetalk wrote: No time to gloat. Vince has served Nigeria well, and and we still have a big GK problem.

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

truetalk wrote:

Nobody is gloating but we need to let Enyeama enjoy his retirement and look elsewhere.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:A shame Enyeama wasn't able to find a club...

I hope Rohr will be consistent. His comments on Musa suggested he'd select Musa even if he only played reserve games all season. We need players facing competitive action to represent us o!
Well, Musa removed any speculation of bias by going back to Russia and he just played 90 minutes as his side advanced in the Europa Cup. Ideye moved back to Spain. Vince should have made a move, even if it was to a lower league.
I don’t blame him for not doing that and taking a pay cut. He has to take Car of his fam first.
Good for him, then let him take care of his Fam and enjoy the game on Tele.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Odas wrote:
Undertaker wrote:What is with all the headache? I thought this dude retired years ago? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Supposedly yes; unfortunately, some people REFUSED to accept Vince has retired.
I tire o
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

1naija wrote:

Awon Click bait............Man must chop :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

wiseone wrote:“We are working hard to have the best of our legs taken to Russia" - does not sound like the sort of thing Rohr would say.
LOL at "if Slimani was not possessed by the Spirit of Yakubu".. :rotf:

I agree with you that we are in serious trouble on the GK front. Like I said before our GK options are:

Enyeama - had not played in about a year
Akpeyi - dodgy
Ezenwa - better than Akpeyi (but that is not saying a lot)
Alampasu - untried
Uzoho - promising but inexperienced (his entire career consists of a grand total of 2.5 professional senior games). As a young teenage GK he will make mistakes (just like DDG and Casillas did early in their careers).
Nwokolor - bench warmer
Osigwe - actually gets a game every week in the Swiss league.
truetalk wrote: No time to gloat. Vince has served Nigeria well, and and we still have a big GK problem.

If we look from individual players perspective, we are not a very strong team. But as a team, I am convinced we can play against any team on any given day. While Vincent of 2002 through 2010 would have been a strong addition to the team, I am fully convinced that regardless of who we have in goal, we have a good team to compete with anyone!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

I hope Rohr will be consistent. His comments on Musa suggested he'd select Musa even if he only played reserve games all season. We need players facing competitive action to represent us o!
Well, Musa removed any speculation of bias by going back to Russia and he just played 90 minutes as his side advanced in the Europa Cup. Ideye moved back to Spain. Vince should have made a move, even if it was to a lower league.
I don’t blame him for not doing that and taking a pay cut. He has to take Car of his fam first.
I think that's what he's planning to do...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

I think that's what he's planning to do...
Then we all need to respect that and leave the man alone.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

Please explain the "Product" they are advertising? Or the part that detracts from general forum life?

Thank you!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:

Please explain the "Product" they are advertising? Or the part that detracts from general forum life?

Thank you!
The same product Ayo was initially advertising when this rule came about. But I guess it's now okay ..