World Cup 2018: ROHR finally rules out Enyeama....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Gernot Rohr rules Enyeama out saying he has not seen act

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Gernot Rohr rules out Enyeama making Nigeria's World Cup squad due to his inaction at club level - See more at: https://goo.gl/BTP7x6
You and CIC need to stop this habit. If you can't post your article here, don't post the link.
There is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

You don't have to click on their site.

Encouraging one another's legitimate hustle is not a bad thing.

Moreover, it is relevant to CE what their site is promoting.
Then delete this line from the Forum Rules so everyone will be on the same page.
* The advertising of products or services that are for profit or that detract from general forum life, are not permitted.
Thanks 1Naija for digging-out, or referring to the sentence (you highlighted in RED) from the Forum rules.
Odas, you have to excuse uncle cellulite. He is almost 72 years old (one year younger than yemibrassiere) so he may have forgotten that he was one of the people at the forefront of the fight to include this rule, which was actually was a result of activities Ayo was engaging in at the time.

The fact is we all have side hustles, so we need to know if we can start promoting it here as well.
Uncle, there's a proper subforum for you to promote your side hustle whatever it may be.

But regarding posting a link to a news site, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing.
The actual proper Internet etiquette is to NOT lift entire material from websites and deny them revenue from lifting their articles. It is like downloading music without paying.

The proper thing is to have a snipet of the article and then provide a link for people to read the entire story.

I know we are so used to doing the wrong thing and attempts to make us do the right thing is fought by some people.

Ps., I remain against people posting any transactional threads on this site. They can provide an external link for people who want to engage in commerce to contact them outside of the forum.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Cellular wrote:
1naija wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Gernot Rohr rules out Enyeama making Nigeria's World Cup squad due to his inaction at club level - See more at: https://goo.gl/BTP7x6
You and CIC need to stop this habit. If you can't post your article here, don't post the link.
There is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

You don't have to click on their site.

Encouraging one another's legitimate hustle is not a bad thing.

Moreover, it is relevant to CE what their site is promoting.
Then delete this line from the Forum Rules so everyone will be on the same page.
* The advertising of products or services that are for profit or that detract from general forum life, are not permitted.
Thanks 1Naija for digging-out, or referring to the sentence (you highlighted in RED) from the Forum rules.
Odas, you have to excuse uncle cellulite. He is almost 72 years old (one year younger than yemibrassiere) so he may have forgotten that he was one of the people at the forefront of the fight to include this rule, which was actually was a result of activities Ayo was engaging in at the time.

The fact is we all have side hustles, so we need to know if we can start promoting it here as well.
Uncle, there's a proper subforum for you to promote your side hustle whatever it may be.

But regarding posting a link to a news site, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing.
The actual proper Internet etiquette is to NOT lift entire material from websites and deny them revenue from lifting their articles. It is like downloading music without paying.

The proper thing is to have a snipet of the article and then provide a link for people to read the entire story.

I know we are so used to doing the wrong thing and attempts to make us do the right thing is fought by some people.

Ps., I remain against people posting any transactional threads on this site. They can provide an external link for people who want to engage in commerce to contact them outside of the forum.

But can you remind me of the products and services that were being advertised here that led to the highlighted rule above? My young memory may be failing me.

And why have the rule at all if we now have to define what "products and services" are? I do recall people complaining about such practices because they didn't want to contribute to the maintenance of a site that some will use to promote their own personal business.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: World Cup 2018: ROHR finally rules out Enyeama....

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:A shame Enyeama wasn't able to find a club...

I hope Rohr will be consistent. His comments on Musa suggested he'd select Musa even if he only played reserve games all season. We need players facing competitive action to represent us o!
Well, Musa removed any speculation of bias by going back to Russia and he just played 90 minutes as his side advanced in the Europa Cup. Ideye moved back to Spain. Vince should have made a move, even if it was to a lower league.
I don’t blame him for not doing that and taking a pay cut. He has to take Car of his fam first.
Good for him, then let him take care of his Fam and enjoy the game on Tele.
I think that's what he's planning to do...
Then we all need to respect that and leave the man alone.
I thought that was the point of this thread?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Anyone seen Obong Itatex? I suspect he is speeding on the highway, headed to Ikot Ikpene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Odas, remember what that Epa told us in Benin? That they can go to Ikot Ikpene all they like, at the end of the day, its "Edo'Odion?" :D
No time to gloat. Vince has served Nigeria well, and and we still have a big GK problem.

Ezenwa looked good in CHAN, but watching the qualifiers again, and he made big errors in every match he played, and if Slimani was not possessed by the Spirit of Yakubu, we could have conceded 4 in Algeria.

We are now hoping on a 19 Year old with 2 Laliga starts (he has been great in the 3rd level in Spain, but it is still a lot to hope for).

Can't exactly mention Nwolokor anymore (not getting playing time), and looks like Femi Thomas won't get looked at.
Didn't the CHAN come after the qualifiers? So current form don't matter as long as you have made a mistake in the past....Fans sha...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:
But can you remind me of the products and services that were being advertised here that led to the highlighted rule above? My young memory may be failing me.

And why have the rule at all if we now have to define what "products and services" are? I do recall people complaining about such practices because they didn't want to contribute to the maintenance of a site that some will use to promote their own personal business.
You can't come here (Main Forum) and advertise a used taxi or like Ezesportsworld, advertise game tapes or in HemiOshodi case, sell used women undergarments.

But you can point us to websites that either has relevant news content or hawk your wares on the "Tinubu Square" subforum.

PS., why are you derailing this thread about my client, Vincent Enyeama? :curse:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I've checked with some reputable reporters that were at the event. Rohr did not mention Enyeama, and was rather coy as to giving information on specific players. Let's just wait for the World Cup camping list. We are in an uncomfortable situation with the available goalkeepers. Uzoho has limited high-flight experience(2 starts), Ezenwa is an X factor. He could step up admirably,or he could be a bust when it matters most. Akpeyi is Akpeyi. Alampasu never dislodged those ahead of him. Ajiboye has the reflexes, but has never been trusted ahead of Ezenwa. I have consistently advocated that Enyeama should be invited and the rule run over him in camp. With his experience and his being fit, he could step in and solidify the goalkeeping department provided he passes the tests; a great way to transition to a possible Uzoho era post-World Cup. Enyeama is a patriot and has been in touch with Rohr. There have been discussions between him, the coach, and other influential people and I believe there has been some positive developments.I would hardly be surprised if, despite everything, he gets invited. Meanwhile, Enyeama posted this barely 6 hours ago....
And this after De Gea's fantastic performance on Tuesday in the Champions' League;
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Obong wrote:I've checked with some reputable reporters that were at the event. Rohr did not mention Enyeama, and was rather coy as to giving information on specific players. Let's just wait for the World Cup camping list. We are in an uncomfortable situation with the available goalkeepers. Uzoho has limited high-flight experience(2 starts), Ezenwa is an X factor. He could step up admirably,or he could be a bust when it matters most. Akpeyi is Akpeyi. Alampasu never dislodged those ahead of him. Ajiboye has the reflexes, but has never been trusted ahead of Ezenwa. I have consistently advocated that Enyeama should be invited and the rule run over him in camp. With his experience and his being fit, he could step in and solidify the goalkeeping department provided he passes the tests; a great way to transition to a possible Uzoho era post-World Cup. Enyeama is a patriot and has been in touch with Rohr. There have been discussions between him, the coach, and other influential people and I believe there has been some positive developments.I would hardly be surprised if, despite everything, he gets invited. Meanwhile, Enyeama posted this barely 6 hours ago....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by danfo driver on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:

Why is Vin always balancing and posing in full game gear in pictures when he has not played in nearly a year. Who is he trying to fool?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:

Why is Vin always balancing and posing in full game gear in pictures when he has not played in nearly a year. Who is he trying to fool?
They know what they are doing. This is not about Nigeria. Their sole mission is to take him to the world cup and increase his world cup appearances. That is all they are interested in.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:

They know what they are doing. This is not about Nigeria. Their sole mission is to take him to the world cup and increase his world cup appearances. That is all they are interested in.
Danfo Driver, you found us out.

Liked you better when you were jos a conductor (ocho passenger)... :D :taunt:

If I can get Shola Amoebi into the team, getting Vinny in will be a breeze... :P :taunt: :taunt:

Ps., PM your client's name... make we tok. :tic:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote:If I can get Shola Amoebi into the team, getting Vinny in will be a breeze... :P :taunt: :taunt:
He's not joking. :evil:

:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:

If I can get Shola Amoebi into the team, getting Vinny in will be a breeze... :P :taunt: :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:

Sounds funny until you end up with the clown Ezenwa starting in the WC!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:D Enyeama is going to World Cup
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Someone check on Mace to see how he's doing...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:Someone check on Mace to see how he's doing...
:huh: :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Even Tobi don join una, na real wa o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ezenwa will be a much more reliable and less erratic keeper if he stops rushing out.

Half of his problems (CHAN, WAFU, WCQ) emerge from him rushing out for balls he is not favourite to win when he does not need to.

[/video]

[/video]
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

We still have Ejide whom nobody is talking about, apparently, he is in good form too. We need to explore this option now.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

DIMKA76 wrote:We still have Ejide whom nobody is talking about, apparently, he is in good form too. We need to explore this option now.
In Isreali second division?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

DIMKA76 wrote:We still have Ejide whom nobody is talking about, apparently, he is in good form too. We need to explore this option now.
John12, this is the people you are talking about. :veryangry:

Right here!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

People here simply have no integrity or shame. The same ejide that was adjudged to have purposely concede an owngoal is the one you’re referencing as an option. Anyway, I cannot wait to see rohr list in March because we would know if our coach integrity has been compromised. Shameless people! These guys here has proven that Nigeria politicians are genuinely a product of our people
Last edited by john12 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.