ALL NAIJA SIDE THRU TO NEXT ROUND IN AFRICA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
ALL NAIJA SIDE THRU TO NEXT ROUND IN AFRICA

Post by anointed »

Today...
CAF CL
Eding Sports of Cameroun 0-1 Plateau Utd (0-4 agg)
MFM 1-0 Real Bamako of Mali (2-1 agg)
CAF CC
Banjul Hawks of Gambia 0-2 Akwa United (2-3 agg)
Enyimba drew bye
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Re: ALL NAIJA SIDE THRU TO NEXT ROUND IN AFRICA

Post by Robotnik »

:clap: :clap:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Great result by Akwa United. It is like climbing a steep mountain after a home loss in the first leg.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Plat Utd vs Etu D sahel
MFM vs MC Algiers

next round go hard
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:Great result by Akwa United. It is like climbing a steep mountain after a home loss in the first leg.

Great result for them. They missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed as well. Otherwise, they might have routed the Gambian team. I thought they were very unlucky to lose at home and as you rightly said, it's always an uphill climb if you lose at home.

Good day for all of our teams.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

anointed wrote:Today...
CAF CL
CAF CC
Enyimba drew bye
:clap: :clap: Good job all around.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Enugu II wrote:Great result by Akwa United. It is like climbing a steep mountain after a home loss in the first leg.
Conspiracy theorists are wondering why Yujam didn't open a thread for this result :sneaky:

PS: :)
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I didn't think they will make it, especially because the goals they (Akwa United) conceded were away goals for the Gambians.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:
I didn't think they will make it, especially because the goals they (Akwa United) conceded were away goals for the Gambians.
By reports Akwa should have been the Gambians 6-2 in Uyo. In essence, they were so dominant but the Gambian goalie was outstanding and goalie Olorunleke Ojo had a poor game. Thus, there was expectations that Akwa would win in Banjul but it was just expectations. They actually scored three times in Banjul but had a third goal disallowed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Congrats but we should not have lost to those Gambian fishermen in the 1st place. The 2nd stage is going to be tough. 2 north African teams await.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bret- hart wrote:Congrats but we should not have lost to those Gambian fishermen in the 1st place. The 2nd stage is going to be tough. 2 north African teams await.
KPOM.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

CAF CL
CAF CC
Enyimba drew bye
:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations and well done to all the teams. I am particularly happy about Akwa United, in whom I have high hopes, for overcoming a home loss.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I'm not believing this until YUJAM confirms it. :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Have you seen their next round opponents? Bloody
Last edited by bouncino on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Plat Utd vs Etu D sahel
MFM vs MC Algiers
I'm beginning to believe the conspiracy theorists... :tic: :tic:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

CAF CL
CAF CC
Enyimba drew bye
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

bouncino wrote:Have you seen their next round opponents? Bloody
Yeah. But, our reps stand a good chance of progressing.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:
Odas wrote:
By reports Akwa should have been the Gambians 6-2 in Uyo. In essence, they were so dominant but the Gambian goalie was outstanding and goalie Olorunleke Ojo had a poor game. Thus, there was expectations that Akwa would win in Banjul but it was just expectations. They actually scored three times in Banjul but had a third goal disallowed.
That's what I read and/or heard from several sources. However, "away games" are always very hard to win, not to talk to winning by the exact numbers of goals our team needed to proceed to the next round. In all, Akwa United surprised me and I am happy for them :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Well done to Akwa Utd and the other clubs. Coming back from behind to win AWAY is always tough. Amazing that Mountain of Fire Ministries are competing in continental competition! How well funded are they?
mystic wrote:

Great result for them. They missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed as well. Otherwise, they might have routed the Gambian team. I thought they were very unlucky to lose at home and as you rightly said, it's always an uphill climb if you lose at home.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

And there are no match highlights on any of these games, searched YouTube but no to avail.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

wiseone wrote:Well done to Akwa Utd and the other clubs. Coming back from behind to win AWAY is always tough. Amazing that Mountain of Fire Ministries are competing in continental competition! How well funded are they?
mystic wrote:

Unfortunately they are not well funded when compared to our other continental representatives.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think Plateau, Enyimba and Akwa will go through. MFM is in a tough situation.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Thanks Mystic. is that so - even with all the fanfare and money available to modern Nigerian churches? What is the purpose of church teams like MFM? Is it to spread the gospel? Or just publicity for the church?

mystic wrote:
Unfortunately they are not well funded when compared to our other continental representatives.