Arsenal 1 vs Ostersunds 2 FT Na wah

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Arsenal 1 vs Ostersunds 2 FT Na wah

Post by tfco »

:shock: :shock:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Arsenal 0 vs Ostersunds 2

Post by Robbynice »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:One player used to bail Arsenal from ugly situations...it masked many of the team's problems...but we were told he was a cancer, and Ramsey decked him with his Black Belt karate before he was sold to a poorer team like Man U...
My brother do not go there...Please DON'T GO THERE...HABA!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Nkume wrote:Atlanta knocked out! They had been very good in the competition. Dortmund survive.
:woot:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::shock: :shock:
lol. Remember when they told us he was going to be Henry? I remember that post very well and I am not going to mention names. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cheii! So we lost to Osunde?? So, how are we going to win on Sunday? Odiegwu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 0 vs Ostersunds 2

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:One player used to bail Arsenal from ugly situations...it masked many of the team's problems...but we were told he was a cancer, and Ramsey decked him with his Black Belt karate before he was sold to a poorer team like Man U...
My brother do not go there...Please DON'T GO THERE...HABA!

You no see am so? It is a damn shame, if you ask Robbynice. Shaking Robbynice's damn head.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

isn't that why Man U sold the breda to Arsenal? Even De Gea can score 4 goals/year....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

isn't that why Man U sold the breda to Arsenal? Even De Gea can score 4 goals/year....

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

We all knew Wenger would use the xth 11 to execute the match. I am not surprised abeg.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Arsenal 1 vs Ostersunds 2

Post by Waffiman »

charlie wrote:English Commentators:

Iwobi misses shot - "What a poor performance by Alex Iwobi"
Welbeck misses shot - "Its not really happening for Welbeck"

Na wa for double standards....
Despite his errors, he was easily our best player. Most creativity came from him.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Hope we get A.Madrid in the next round......that would be a very interesting tie indeed :thumb:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:Hope we get A.Madrid in the next round......that would be a very interesting tie indeed :thumb:
It will be over for them,they have been piss poor this season in Europe. They Wil go out like Napoli did yesterday if they face beloved,we are in to win it and play cl next year.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
platinum wrote:Ostersund win in London. Arsene Wenger needs to go at the end of this season. Hopefully with a trophy or two but he really needs to go.
The issues are clearly from him and it's never been a money problem.

If this side doesn't perform better in the next round, that opponent won't be so merciful.

if you think we can win europa with this team ..i can sell you a bridge..

just watch some other the other games and rethink this..
That's why I said hopefully. City game is this weekend, one decent performance and that's one trophy already (a trophy Wenger has never won).

As bad as Arsenal is right now, in Europe, you don't need to be so stellar. United won it last year without ever being the dominant side. Arsenal just has to try not to repeat these two performances. It's unlikely that Arsenal wins but it can happen.

Trophy(ies) or not, Wenger needs to say Au revoir
Wanna bet. Wenger wins trophies and gets in CL, they sing his name at the Emirates and he gets a 2 year contract extension.

Wenger's tenure at Arsenal rest on CL football being secured next season, trophies or no trophies.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
platinum wrote:Ostersund win in London. Arsene Wenger needs to go at the end of this season. Hopefully with a trophy or two but he really needs to go.

If this side doesn't perform better in the next round, that opponent won't be so merciful.

That's why I said hopefully. City game is this weekend, one decent performance and that's one trophy already (a trophy Wenger has never won).

As bad as Arsenal is right now, in Europe, you don't need to be so stellar. United won it last year without ever being the dominant side. Arsenal just has to try not to repeat these two performances. It's unlikely that Arsenal wins but it can happen.

Wanna bet. Wenger wins trophies and gets in CL, they sing his name at the Emirates and he gets a 2 year contract extension.

Wenger's tenure at Arsenal rest on CL football being secured next season, trophies or no trophies.

Gets in the CL when? This season? I'll take that bet. Arsenal isn't getting to the UCL. Not by the league, and this side has shown enough to suggest that the Europa isnt a sure bet either.

The extension? It's Arsenal, wouldn't surprise me. My understanding is the option is his to take or leave his second year i.e next season. He has always said he finishes contracts so he'll be there next year most likely.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Had the misfortune of watching my first full Arsenal game in a long time (was visiting a friend who is a BIG Arsenal fan and he had it on TV).

Man, the team looked shitty. They were slow, plodding, and misplacing passes everywhere. Even heading the ball seemed like they just closed their eyes and allowed the ball bounce on their head. The mugu who got dribbled like a 2nd grader for that 2nd goal needs to be flogged and made to walk home.

First time watching Iwobi in a long time playing for Arsenal.

He was shitty too. Dashing away possession like it was on sale.

He and the Mikhataryan guy nobe am. And make I no even talk about Wilshere who strolled about like he wasn't happy that he was forced to play this game. Losing balls like the rest of his teammates and blaming others for him losing balls.

Overall, there was a feeling of unprofessionalism about Arsenal yesterday. They didn't respect their opponents.
Disgraceful! :boo: :boo: :boo:

Next time I visit my friend I hope Arsenal is not playing... don't want to watch such nonsense.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Gets in the CL when? This season? I'll take that bet. Arsenal isn't getting to the UCL. Not by the league, and this side has shown enough to suggest that the Europa isnt a sure bet either.

The extension? It's Arsenal, wouldn't surprise me. My understanding is the option is his to take or leave his second year i.e next season. He has always said he finishes contracts so he'll be there next year most likely.
take the bet at your peril......be sure to read the pages of small print.....he is more slicker than a niger delta oil spill :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:Had the misfortune of watching my first full Arsenal game in a long time (was visiting a friend who is a BIG Arsenal fan and he had it on TV).

Man, the team looked shitty. They were slow, plodding, and misplacing passes everywhere. Even heading the ball seemed like they just closed their eyes and allowed the ball bounce on their head. The mugu who got dribbled like a 2nd grader for that 2nd goal needs to be flogged and made to walk home.

He and the Mikhataryan guy nobe am. And make I no even talk about Wilshere who strolled about like he wasn't happy that he was forced to play this game. Losing balls like the rest of his teammates and blaming others for him losing balls.

Overall, there was a feeling of unprofessionalism about Arsenal yesterday. They didn't respect their opponents.

Next time I visit my friend I hope Arsenal is not playing... don't want to watch such nonsense.
I concur. Except. I sat in the freezing cold watching that in the stadium.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Read my post. Like they say in politics, a week is a long time in football. Arsenal are where they are by playing mainly 2nd squad members. Wenger got is warning last night. I now expect the approach will change. Wenger best bet for CL football and securing his job is winning this tournament. Arsenal's 1st team is more than capable of winning the Europa league.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Read my post. Like they say in politics, a week is a long time in football. Arsenal are where they are by playing mainly 2nd squad members. Wenger got is warning last night. I now expect the approach will change. Wenger best bet for CL football and securing his job is winning this tournament. Arsenal's 1st team is more than capable of winning the Europa league.

I agree. It's his best bet, no question of that. Arsenal's first team is also capable of winning the EPL and has been for years but it doesn't necessarily translate on-field.

**Better hope and pray Lacazette is back for the Milan tie though otherwise wahala dey come in black and red
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

I agree. It's his best bet, no question of that. Arsenal's first team is also capable of winning the EPL and has been for years but it doesn't necessarily translate on-field.

**Better hope and pray Lacazette is back for the Milan tie though otherwise wahala dey come in black and red
You win EPL with a squad of at least 15 quality players. The last time we had that was the 'Invincibles'.

So easy to make all sorts of claims. Just do an analysis of Arsenal squads season by season, compare it to other teams. It becomes obvious Wenger delivered the almost impossible.

We have done all this analysis, player per player team to team. These are facts, not feeling.

For example, the 'Invincibles' midfield was:

Patrick Vieira (Captain)
Robert Pirès
Frederick Ljungberg
Ray Parlour
Edu
Gilberto Silva

Arsenal have not come close to that midfield since. Look at the midfield now.

Here is the squad.

Goalies.

Jens Lehmann
Stuart Taylor
Rami Shaaban

Defence

Ashley Cole
Martin Keown
Pascal Cygan
Gaël Clichy
Sol Campbell
Kolo Touré
Lauren

Midfield above.

Forwards

José Antonio Reyes
Dennis Bergkamp
Sylvain Wiltord
Thierry Henry
Nwankwo Kanu
Jérémie Aliadière
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Cellular wrote:Had the misfortune of watching my first full Arsenal game in a long time (was visiting a friend who is a BIG Arsenal fan and he had it on TV).

When I said something about jack and the whole team not respecting their opponents even i could not believe I was saying it. They better come correct against city o.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffiman wrote:
You win EPL with a squad of at least 15 quality players. The last time we had that was the 'Invincibles'.

So easy to make all sorts of claims. Just do an analysis of Arsenal squads season by season, compare it to other teams. It becomes obvious Wenger delivered the almost impossible.

We have done all this analysis, player per player team to team. These are facts, not feeling.

For example, the 'Invincibles' midfield was:

Patrick Vieira (Captain)
Robert Pirès
Frederick Ljungberg
Ray Parlour
Edu
Gilberto Silva

Arsenal have not come close to that midfield since. Look at the midfield now.

Here is the squad.

Goalies.

Jens Lehmann
Stuart Taylor
Rami Shaaban

Defence

Ashley Cole
Martin Keown
Pascal Cygan
Gaël Clichy
Sol Campbell
Kolo Touré
Lauren

Midfield above.

Forwards

José Antonio Reyes
Dennis Bergkamp
Sylvain Wiltord
Thierry Henry
Nwankwo Kanu
Jérémie Aliadière
I disagree fully. Arsenal did not have a squad much worse than Chelsea who won it last year. What was Leicester's squad? How much quality was there?