I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Post by Obong »

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The work that Rohr has done in the last couple years will go to waste if we go to Russia and decorate the goal post with a basket like Ezenwa or Akpeyi. People are underestimating the abilities of our opponents to take advantage of our goalie, we at least need Vince as an insurance in Russia. I’m willing to go with uzoho but the boy hasn’t even gotten played 3 first team games for deportivo. It’s just sad!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
This debate is very funny.
You can see that the entire 'we don't want/need Enyeama' argument is based around his public 'retirement' (sentiment), his age (irrelevant), his being 'out of shape' (valid, but relative and dynamic) and the fact that he didn't contribute to the qualifying process (sentiment again).

Nowhere will you find anyone attempting to objectively argue the strengths of Uzoho, Ezenwa or Akpeyi all of which we must assume they are saying will beat any strengths Enyeama might have - strengths they are so quick to dismiss and describe as having deserted him.
Like you said, we shouldn't be going to Russia to 'decorate' the goalposts. What a waste that would be.

We are not saying anything new when we repeat the fact that the GK position is unique and therefore can be subject to slightly different rules.
The goalkeeper has only two jobs: to keep the ball out of the net and to give the ball to a teammate, usually when under no pressure whatsoever.

Its why keepers have their own GK coaches and their own parallel training schedules
:agree: :clap: :clap:

Damunk, you'd be better off arguing with deaf men! And, please, stop making sense. It hurts!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Obong wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The work that Rohr has done in the last couple years will go to waste if we go to Russia and decorate the goal post with a basket like Ezenwa or Akpeyi. People are underestimating the abilities of our opponents to take advantage of our goalie, we at least need Vince as an insurance in Russia. I’m willing to go with uzoho but the boy hasn’t even gotten played 3 first team games for deportivo. It’s just sad!
You can see that the entire 'we don't want/need Enyeama' argument is based around his public 'retirement' (sentiment), his age (irrelevant), his being 'out of shape' (valid, but relative and dynamic) and the fact that he didn't contribute to the qualifying process (sentiment again).

Nowhere will you find anyone attempting to objectively argue the strengths of Uzoho, Ezenwa or Akpeyi all of which we must assume they are saying will beat any strengths Enyeama might have - strengths they are so quick to dismiss and describe as having deserted him.
Like you said, we shouldn't be going to Russia to 'decorate' the goalposts. What a waste that would be.

We are not saying anything new when we repeat the fact that the GK position is unique and therefore can be subject to slightly different rules.
The goalkeeper has only two jobs: to keep the ball out of the net and to give the ball to a teammate, usually when under no pressure whatsoever.

Its why keepers have their own GK coaches and their own parallel training schedules

Damunk, you'd be better off arguing with deaf men! And, please, stop making sense. It hurts!
Gbam! There’s zero point! You will actually drive yourself crazy trying to take lunatics serious, na to just laugh them and continue, at the end of the day we just wish SE the best regardless of who reps in GWG.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:

My brother, you're being a poli-trickcian on this issue :tic:

1. The fact that Vincent retires is relevant. If he refuses to come out of retirement regardless of his form, then this conversation is meaningless. We know his retirement is very public but some are saying he's had a change of mind - well let him make that public.
2. If indeed he's had a change of mind, then he should be subjected to the same rule like all the other players, his club situation, his form etc.

3. You said the ability of the other goalkeepers is not what is informing this debate but I think it is. I've already said, and it's documented in this very thread, that when we needed a keeper to play crucial games after Ikeme, we did not think it detrimental to our qualification hopes to ignore Ezenwa and reach out to Vincent. He was good enough in some of the most crucial games of the qualifying series. But somehow in our psyche, we are now scared that he might not be good for the big dance.
I also argued that with Vince also at the helm, we've been knocked out in the first round at the WC once if not twice, we've failed to qualify with him in goal once. So, I don't see why taking Ezenwa or what we have now is more of a risk than possibly an inactive goalkeeper.

4. Even if we take Vince and something happened to him, an injury or a sending off, what then? After this WC, how long would Vince carry on for?

It's a real possibility that our goalkeepers can feck up. it's also a real possibility that Vince can also do that.

With our so called useless keepers, against Argentina we conceded 2 and they conceded 4. The world would have been over if the 4 goals was against the SE.

Brazil in the last WC, conceded 7 on home soil and Ezenwa wasn't even in goal. I'm sure many would have considered the goalie of a better calibre than what we currently possess and some lesser goalie did not concede that much, even against Germany. Que Sera Sera.

If Vince make it fine, if he doesn't fine. What we have is what we have and we mustn't be afraid to let the young ones grow. Vince is not going to be there forever
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
Obong wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Gbam! There’s zero point! You will actually drive yourself crazy trying to take lunatics serious, na to just laugh them and continue, at the end of the day we just wish SE the best regardless of who reps in GWG.
You guys are being dishonest. Many of the reasons you label as sentimental count when it comes to building a team. Either in terms of keeping a team's atmosphere positive, keeping players happy and maintaining discipline. His public outburst against his coach is bad for the team, his public retirement tells players they can waltz in and out without consequences. His abandonment of the team when Ikeme fell sick tells players they can pick and choose when to play - skip qualifiers and come for the big dance. Then Rohr gave him a chance to get on the team if he started playing... he had a chance to force a move and, again, he didn't. Inviting him sends the wrong message.

Letting him back in is bad. Period. Call it sentiments if you want but team psychology, morale and discipline is paramount to success.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Obong wrote:
Damunk wrote:

You guys are being dishonest. Many of the reasons you label as sentimental count when it comes to building a team. Either in terms of keeping a team's atmosphere positive, keeping players happy and maintaining discipline. His public outburst against his coach is bad for the team, his public retirement tells players they can waltz in and out without consequences. His abandonment of the team when Ikeme fell sick tells players they can pick and choose when to play - skip qualifiers and come for the big dance. Then Rohr gave him a chance to get on the team if he started playing... he had a chance to force a move and, again, he didn't. Inviting him sends the wrong message.

Letting him back in is bad. Period. Call it sentiments if you want but team psychology, morale and discipline is paramount to success.
I don't know how you can abandon a team when you are injured but carry on. Last time I checked he injured his knee and had surgery and had been recuperating during the qualifiers. But now that he's recovered I agree that he shouldn't be on the SE because he didn't find a team to get some PT and get back some needed form and match fitness. Rohr knows who he needs and so let him make the decision. But I can't see Vince getting much PT before the end of the season so he'd be mad rusty trying to keep at the WC. Ezenwa is injured too and I hope he can recover in time to help us out with Uzoho, I dunno for Akpeyi...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Rohr will carry at least 5 keepers to camp.

He will assess their form in person.

There's more to goalkeeping than just catching balls.

The confidence you exude robs off on your teammates especially your defense.

Ability to read the game and sense danger is another thing.

Even your opponents will want to play the perfect ball to beat you and their hesitation gives your defense a moment or two to make a tackle or a block.

The goalkeeping department will be a combination of inexperience and experience. 2 of the 3 is allowable on the inexperience department but not all 3.

We need that experience. It is not about sentiments.

Listen, if we had a group of young keepers keeping actively in top clubs then one can have an argument of taking all 3 young keepers.

Ezenwa is way too dramatic for a keeper... his decision making is poor... you can manage him.
I don't trust Akpeyi at all.
Not enough body of evidence to assess Uzoho
AJiboye in the last games I have watched is slightly better than Ezenwa without the theatrics.

Anyone who does not think we have a goalkeeping problem is not being sincere. I rather the keepers be invited and the coach make the determination.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!