I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Post by anointed »

That's purely my opinion.

And I will even give him cameos in friendlies especially if he is is interested and committed.

Our goalkeeping situation is too precarious not to try anything and everything plausible. We are in a situation akin to saying beggars have no choice. We just dont have that many excellent or impeccable choices to pick from. I'm not so confident that our No 1 goalie position is hovering btw Francis Uzoho and and Ike Ezenwa. One is grossly inexperienced while the other is at 28 very rough at the edges. I also notice that Ezenwa appears injury prone. Currently, he's out due to injury. And I have noticed that that on too many times in the few games he's been btw the sticks for Naija, he has had more than a handful injuries time outs. BTW, Enyeama doesnt have to be No 1; he just has to be maybe the Nr 2 or 3 so that if the others become victims of jitters, Enyeama can step into the fray. But a goalie team of any three of Ezenwa, Uzoho, Ajiboye, Alampasu, Akpeyi...who else is no go area for me.

On the strength of these, I will still invite Enyeama and then let the others outdo him in Camp. Who would have thought that Rufai, who never was in any of the 1994 WCQ, would be our 94 WC goalie? His recommendation was from the goalkeeping goalie then to Westerhof.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Post by Prince »

anointed wrote:That's purely my opinion.

And I will even give him cameos in friendlies especially if he is is interested and committed.

Our goalkeeping situation is too precarious not to try anything and everything plausible. We are in a situation akin to saying beggars have no choice. We just dont have that many excellent or impeccable choices to pick from. I'm not so confident that our No 1 goalie position is hovering btw Francis Uzoho and and Ike Ezenwa. One is grossly inexperienced while the other is at 28 very rough at the edges. I also notice that Ezenwa appears injury prone. Currently, he's out due to injury. And I have noticed that that on too many times in the few games he's been btw the sticks for Naija, he has had more than a handful injuries time outs. BTW, Enyeama doesnt have to be No 1; he just has to be maybe the Nr 2 or 3 so that if the others become victims of jitters, Enyeama can step into the fray. But a goalie team of any three of Ezenwa, Uzoho, Ajiboye, Alampasu, Akpeyi...who else is no go area for me.

On the strength of these, I will still invite Enyeama and then let the others outdo him in Camp. Who would have thought that Rufai, who never was in any of the 1994 WCQ, would be our 94 WC goalie? His recommendation was from the goalkeeping goalie then to Westerhof.
My thinking as well
Oya back to the matter
open and close
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Do not compromise your own rule. You can totally screw up your setup and lose the confidence of your players.
If you invite Enyeama who is probably clubless and has not manned the post even for a reserve side to camp, then what are you saying about the other goalies and your rule of inviting players with clubs etc?

If someone says if you can invite Vincent then why not them?

What we have is what we have. People are always fascinated about the fish that for away and not the one they caught.
Enyeama has seen about 3 world cups and one failure to qualify. We can't do worse than exit in the group stage. Vincent is no guarantee that we'd make it to the next round.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Unfortunately, your opinion doesn't count.
Vincent messed up the day he quit the super eagles in anger. If he never quit, there's no way he wouldn't make it to Russia even with his club situation, except he's injured.
The earlier we accept that enyeama's time with the S.E is over , the better for us.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

so many floors with Ezenwa just one of them is this injury thing - i noticed to the extend that am not sure if its to waste time or just his amateurish habits picked up from still playing in Africa.

not the best but most likely end up with Uzoho as no1 Ezenwa and Akpeyi backup - only if Akpeyi could control his nerves and show confidence in goal - position is still up for taking -
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Full blown agent
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Prince wrote:

My thinking as well

JA - Junior Agent ....and Ally too.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

naijaguy wrote:Unfortunately, your opinion doesn't count.
Vincent messed up the day he quit the super eagles in anger. If he never quit, there's no way he wouldn't make it to Russia even with his club situation, except he's injured.
The earlier we accept that enyeama's time with the S.E is over , the better for us.
Your reason for keeping him out is the worst because you are acknowledging he is still probably our best optio..
It is based not on objectivity but on sentiment (which you are allowed to have); but not everyone will share that sentiment with you.
On the World Cup stage, nobody gives a doodoo about sentiment. No-one is going to remember who quit, who didn't, who was rude to whom or whatever.
Its just results that count. :idea:

I know my people.
Ezenwa more than anyone will be totally totally demonised if God forbid he makes just one (or more) of his pretty routine and predictable amateurish mistakes which then gets us eliminated.
Nigerians can be very unforgiving.

Who was that moronic guy that got himself sent off in our WC match v Greece in 2010?
Ah......Sani Keita - he hasn't been seen alive since!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
Your reason for keeping him out is the worst because you are acknowledging he is still probably our best optio..
It is based not on objectivity but on sentiment (which you are allowed to have); but not everyone will share that sentiment with you.
On the World Cup stage, nobody gives a doodoo about sentiment. No-one is going to remember who quit, who didn't, who was rude to whom or whatever.
Its just results that count. :idea:

I know my people.
Ezenwa more than anyone will be totally totally demonised if God forbid he makes just one (or more) of his pretty routine and predictable amateurish mistakes which then gets us eliminated.
Nigerians can be very unforgiving.

Who was that moronic guy that got himself sent off in our WC match v Greece in 2010?
Ah......Sani Keita - he hasn't been seen alive since!
Dee, if there's going to be a demolishing then we can't avoid it. Not even with Vincent. The man is nor on top of his game. We are just going by his past exploits when he was younger and very active. He's now older and compounded by lack of game time.
Rufai did not save us when we called him from holidays and we was playing club football.
Lets go with what we have and let Enyeama be. Someone exited the stage for him, time for him to reciprocate
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

[/video]
Vince in 2017. So, all of a sudden this man don forget how to be a goalkeeper? Stop something the cheap stuff, Enyeama is our best keeper.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thank you - Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: In addition to quitting in anger, he also announced his RETIREMENT to the world. Thus, the man has retired, that's all.
Last edited by Odas on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:Full blown agent
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bros 1Niaja: You mean 'A-G-E-N-T-S' at work - eh?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Odas wrote:
Thank you - Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: In addition to quitting in anger, he also announced his RETIREMENT to the world. Thus, the man has retired, that's all.
Sentimental people don't make it far in life, the only thing that matters in interest. If the coach is interested in winning and he think Enyeama could help him he'll call him if not he'll go with his current goalie...
Last edited by mastermind on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:

Do not compromise your own rule. You can totally screw up your setup and lose the confidence of your players.
If you invite Enyeama who is probably clubless and has not manned the post even for a reserve side to camp, then what are you saying about the other goalies and your rule of inviting players with clubs etc?

If someone says if you can invite Vincent then why not them?

What we have is what we have. People are always fascinated about the fish that for away and not the one they caught.
Enyeama has seen about 3 world cups and one failure to qualify. We can't do worse than exit in the group stage. Vincent is no guarantee that we'd make it to the next round.
My brother, you dont get it. These people couldnt give a hoot nanny about Nigeria or SE players. Their sole concern is to make sure Enyeama increases his world cup appearances. Thats is all. Nothing else!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bros 1Niaja: You mean 'A-G-E-N-T-S' at work - eh?
Princess is a Junior ally agent. It's Uncle anointed that just came out from nowhere to declare his agency
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The only place YOU can invite Enyeama is to your house for dinner. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

We don lose election and our era don end, so I must turn revolutionary!

Uncle 1naija, how come you weren't calling agents out when Yobo was scoring own goals & you were shoving him down our throats?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:

Uncle 1naija, how come you weren't calling agents out when Yobo was scoring own goals & you were shoving him down our throats?
As bad as Yobo was, he was active. Had a club and was playing. Here, you have a goalkeeper who has not played top flight football for more than a year, and someone said we should use out friendly match to give the guy fitness!! OUR FRIENDLY MATCH THAT WAS ORGANIZED TO HELP THE TEAM PREPARE FOR WORLD CUP, we should sacrifice it and use it to give someone fitness????!!!

I dont blame you people.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:

Murds .... :veryangry:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

A keeper that hasn't played in a year is essentially useless for a world cup. No reason to invite him. Its just a waste of time
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

In a sense, I agree with you. I do believe that African players need to be smart about international retirement. Getting good clubs and playing for your national team are joined at the hip - when it comes to african players. Your national team will give you time to land on your feet and show the world you're not done. Look at Uzoho...on the verge of going (and even starting) to a World Cup....while playing 3rd division footie. Some players however feel like they're doing the country a favor and its all a 1-way street. I think Enyeama and Emenike would be in better spots had they not retired.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Enyeama is back with the Lille first team:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/rec ... lille-ceo/

And he's been playing and training since December:

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/e ... elebrates/

Recent training videos (January and last week)
The list will soon be out.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley