I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Post by wale1974 »

Obong wrote:Enyeama is back with the Lille first team:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/rec ... lille-ceo/

And he's been playing and training since December:

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/e ... elebrates/

Recent training videos (January and last week)
The list will soon be out.
Training with the team is different from playing :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/3525/ ... nt-Enyeama
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wale1974 wrote::roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

wale1974 wrote:

Training with the team is different from playing :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

wale, training with a Ligue 1 team is hardly different from playing for a third division team or not playing at all! Certain commentators here were of the opinion that Enyeama is in a wheelchair and has not been active. anointed posted match videos from 2017. The man is training and is fit and ready. Let's just allow Rohr announce his list rather than indulge in uncalled-for snide comments.

This is the current Lille squad:

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/france/l ... opole/895/

And he recently saved a penalty in a reserve team game:
https://www.losc.fr/actualites-foot-lil ... 3%A0-croix
Last edited by Obong on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:D

Our keepers for the world cup are #1 Ezenwa #2 Uzoho #3Enyeama

# 1 Ezenwa - most active
#2 Uzoho - our future goalie
#3 Enyeama - most experience but rusty
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

How come he didn’t take loan move even to a second division to get some guaranteed game time. Doesn’t sound like he even wants to go.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

opine wrote:How come he didn’t take loan move even to a second division to get some guaranteed game time. Doesn’t sound like he even wants to go.

Lol. Who you do ask? You go wait tire! Enyeama does not want to lose salary or move from his location. He doesn’t want to be inconvenienced. His arrogance makes him believe Nigeria should bend and undermine our March preparations for him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I don’t know if you ever played football, but someone like Oloye can help you and inform you that match-fitness is different from fitness. Smh
Obong wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

wale, training with a Ligue 1 team is hardly different from playing for a third division team or not playing at all! Certain commentators here were of the opinion that Enyeama is in a wheelchair and has not been active. anointed posted match videos from 2017. The man is training and is fit and ready. Let's just allow Rohr announce his list rather than indulge in uncalled-for snide comments.

This is the current Lille squad:

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/france/l ... opole/895/

And he recently saved a penalty in a reserve team game:
https://www.losc.fr/actualites-foot-lil ... 3%A0-croix
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

danfo,
You don't think I ever played football? Oloye will educate you. Meanwhile, the goalkeepers of Rivers United and El-Kanemi are "match-fit". Why not take them?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Obong wrote:danfo,
You don't think I ever played football? Oloye will educate you. Meanwhile, the goalkeepers of Rivers United and El-Kanemi are "match-fit". Why not take them?

Oloye doesn’t need to educate me anything. I said “I don’t KNOW if you played football.” I don’t know you, so I stand by my statement, “I don’t KNOW if you playe football.”

And when we are talking about match-fitness for a goalkeeper, we are talking about sharpness! That is such a crucial position! You want someone who is receiving friendly shots in training to be our last line of defense at a World Cup!?? Are you guys forgetting Peter Rufai in 1998 or are you people just wicked?

We have 3 goalkeepers who are march fit. And we are taking 3 of them!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

danfo, with the finality with which you opine, I'm convinced you're Rohr! LOL.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

People should go watch the Kind of faya Vince had to face in 14,10 and 02 and ask themselves if the Enzenwa we saw vs Algeria or Cameroon can cope with it. Go watch how Enzenwa almost cost us the Algeria game and his silly injury antics. If Vince isn’t going then it’s Uzoho and a stack of bibles on top alof a crate of Koran.

Without Vince I don’t see us getting past the group stage. O pari!
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Nigerians....
1. Vincent retired.
2. Vincent hasn't played a competitive match since April 2017
3. Vincent is no longer a young man that almost a year of non competitiveness can still make him sharp
4. Even if he comes back, for how long? You'll still need to solve your goal keeping issues.

We need to start applying rules and guidelines instead of emotional reaction. No one cried for Vince to come back during qualifiers. But want him back because people are afraid the same guys that saw the team through cannot win the wc for Nigeria. Yep, I guess Vince could.

Let the young grow and the retired, remain retired
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

pajimoh wrote:No one cried for Vince to come back during qualifiers.
Because we had Carl. And after him, an abyss.

And now, we don't have Carl. But we still have the abyss.
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

People keep forgetting that Vincent willingly retired from international football and for him to be reconsidered, he has to come out of retirement. If by any chance you agents think that we should beg a player that retired you’re dreaming. Vincent is a legend and world class player but no one is bigger than the country.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:People should go watch the Kind of faya Vince had to face in 14,10 and 02 and ask themselves if the Enzenwa we saw vs Algeria or Cameroon can cope with it. Go watch how Enzenwa almost cost us the Algeria game and his silly injury antics. If Vince isn’t going then it’s Uzoho and a stack of bibles on top alof a crate of Koran.

Without Vince I don’t see us getting past the group stage
. O pari!
Bros, I disagree with you. With or without Vince, we will BEAT Croatia and TOP the group.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:Nigerians....
1. Vincent retired.
2. Vincent hasn't played a competitive match since April 2017
3. Vincent is no longer a young man that almost a year of non competitiveness can still make him sharp
4. Even if he comes back, for how long? You'll still need to solve your goal keeping issues.

We need to start applying rules and guidelines instead of emotional reaction. No one cried for Vince to come back during qualifiers. But want him back because people are afraid the same guys that saw the team through cannot win the wc for Nigeria. Yep, I guess Vince could.

Let the young grow and the retired, remain retired
Thank you, Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:People keep forgetting that Vincent willingly retired from international football and for him to be reconsidered, he has to come out of retirement. If by any chance you agents think that we should beg a player that retired you’re dreaming. Vincent is a legend and world class player but no one is bigger than the country.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ... exactly the position I have taken long time ago and is still the same till date. The man has RETIRED, good-luck to him in all his endeavors and good-luck to Nigeria
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:People should go watch the Kind of faya Vince had to face in 14,10 and 02 and ask themselves if the Enzenwa we saw vs Algeria or Cameroon can cope with it. Go watch how Enzenwa almost cost us the Algeria game and his silly injury antics. If Vince isn’t going then it’s Uzoho and a stack of bibles on top alof a crate of Koran.

Without Vince I don’t see us getting past the group stage
. O pari!
Bros, I disagree with you. With or without Vince, we will BEAT Croatia and TOP the group.
Ok o. Hope your pastor get glasses.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
opine wrote:How come he didn’t take loan move even to a second division to get some guaranteed game time. Doesn’t sound like he even wants to go.

Lol. Who you do ask? You go wait tire! Enyeama does not want to lose salary or move from his location. He doesn’t want to be inconvenienced. His arrogance makes him believe Nigeria should bend and undermine our March preparations for him.
Your own arrogance makes you believe that your ridiculous conspiracy theories are actually true. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Your arrogance stops you from considering any other position but your own and you conjure up increasingly absurd reasons as to why people like me are not ready to give up on Enyeama just yet.

The typical Naija man that you are has it hard-wired into your brain that once you take a position, no matter how ill-advised, you must defend it to the death come what may...even in the light of emerging new evidence.
Enyeama is not in an OAP Home as you like to portray. He is working hard to earn a place. You're gonna have to deal with it sooner rather than later. :idea:

Before you nervously laff it off, let me laff at you first... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Damunk at the end of the day Vincent has to come out of retirement to be considered for a position. He is a Nigerian football legend but no one is bigger than the country. No one! We should always remember that for as good as enyeama has been we have never gone past round of 16 at the World Cup. Vincent should widraw his retirement and see if the coach wouldn’t consider him
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:No one cried for Vince to come back during qualifiers.
Because we had Carl. And after him, an abyss.

And now, we don't have Carl. But we still have the abyss.
Stop skirting around the issue. When Karl could not man the goal post during the crucial stage of the qualifiers, was Vincent called and did he save us?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Damunk at the end of the day Vincent has to come out of retirement to be considered for a position. He is a Nigerian football legend but no one is bigger than the country. No one! We should always remember that for as good as enyeama has been we have never gone past round of 16 at the World Cup. Vincent should widraw his retirement and see if the coach wouldn’t consider him
Straw man.
I love it the way you guys cleverly use the word 'retirement' like he is sitting in an Old People's home! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If na public announcement you dey find, you might be disappointed. Those that matter are probably already in conversation with him. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:Damunk at the end of the day Vincent has to come out of retirement to be considered for a position. He is a Nigerian football legend but no one is bigger than the country. No one! We should always remember that for as good as enyeama has been we have never gone past round of 16 at the World Cup. Vincent should widraw his retirement and see if the coach wouldn’t consider him
Straw man.
I love it the way you guys cleverly use the word 'retirement' like he is sitting in an Old People's home! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If na public announcement you dey find, you might be disappointed. Those that matter are probably already in conversation with him. :idea:
DM, are we so afraid to fail that we think bringing back a player that is 2 months short of a year since he last played a competitive game and most of that time is through injury and we believe he's far better than trusting in goalies that are younger, probably in better shape and manned the posts for the SE in the qualifiers and friendly?

When they change managers few months to the wc we complain, why is this any different?