I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Obong, what current reality? It's your reality that our goalkeepers are bad and only Vince could possibly save us. My current reality is these are the guys that qualified us and met the rules for selection. They will achieve what they are good enough to achieve. Lets work within the confines of the rule.
If you have a worker that is very good but the rule states he/she must be certified but the person is not then what do you do?
The simple fact that you can invite a dormant player to fight for a shirt flies in the face of what we are trying to do with the team. The fact that this player hasn't been competitive for close to a year is a kick in the goolies.
Bend the rules today, break em tomorrow
The reality is that our first choice keeper during the qualifiers, Carl Ikeme, is unavailable through illness. There wouldn't be as strong a clamour for Enyeama's return if Ikeme was available. There can't be a serious Nigerian supporter who's content with the GK situation at the moment.
No the reality is Karl, as a result of his unfortunate situation, could not man the post but we did not panic and call for Vince because there was no one else. We got the job done with someone else. So the difference in your mind is that these guys are not good for the wc and a dormant Vince is. That is the sign of someone afraid of failing. You cannot be successful if you're afraid to fail.
What if Vince is called back,selected but got injured in the first game and out of the tournament?
What if Vince proved to be very rusty beyond our comprehension, who next?
Pajimoh, where have I said that a dormant Vince is good enough? I've told you THREE times now that only players seeing regular action should make it in my view.

Btw, what if Vince is called up and doesn't prove to be rusty? What will you say then? :D
Again, let me say it loud and clear. A dormant Vince should NOT be called, period.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

pajimoh wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Obong, what current reality? It's your reality that our goalkeepers are bad and only Vince could possibly save us. My current reality is these are the guys that qualified us and met the rules for selection. They will achieve what they are good enough to achieve. Lets work within the confines of the rule.
If you have a worker that is very good but the rule states he/she must be certified but the person is not then what do you do?
The simple fact that you can invite a dormant player to fight for a shirt flies in the face of what we are trying to do with the team. The fact that this player hasn't been competitive for close to a year is a kick in the goolies.
The reality is that our first choice keeper during the qualifiers, Carl Ikeme, is unavailable through illness. There wouldn't be as strong a clamour for Enyeama's return if Ikeme was available. There can't be a serious Nigerian supporter who's content with the GK situation at the moment.
No the reality is Karl, as a result of his unfortunate situation, could not man the post but we did not panic and call for Vince because there was no one else. We got the job done with someone else. So the difference in your mind is that these guys are not good for the wc and a dormant Vince is. That is the sign of someone afraid of failing. You cannot be successful if you're afraid to fail.
What if Vince is called back,selected but got injured in the first game and out of the tournament?
Pajimoh, where have I said that a dormant Vince is good enough? I've told you THREE times now that only players seeing regular action should make it in my view.

Btw, what if Vince is called up and doesn't prove to be rusty? What will you say then? :D
Again, let me say it loud and clear. A dormant Vince should NOT be called, period.
Can you also listen loud and clear? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Oga EII,

I'm saying neither of them should have been selected. Musa had played 1 League Cup game and 1 reserve (U-23) game and that was considered enough playing time for him to earn selection for the last set of fixtures. Btw, Musa wasn't playing regularly - not even with the reserve team.

Ultimately, we're saying that Rohr has allowed himself room for manoeuvre and it wouldn't surprise me if exceptions to this "rule" of playing regularly.
Yeyeman,

Okay. For me, I think that the rule should be waived in Enyeama's case and for good reason. There is no rule that should be hard and fast as such rules would definitely be blind and lead to intended outcomes. It is like saying that you have a rule not to lie. However, suppose you are asked to state the truth in a situation where that truth could cost the life of innocent persons? This becomes an ethical dilemma. Though my example is a bit of a reach when compared to football, it helps understand where my reasoning is derived.

I believe that Rohr's rule is set up because there are abundance of capable Nigerian players in several of the positions and, thus, if you are not playing for a club the rule may be a way to eliminate some players. However, in the goalkeeping area, we are currently undermanned in terms of top quality. Can we suddenly find a top quality guy among our current players for us to remain hard and fast on Rohr's rule? That is the question. My thinking is that it will be a tall order to find or develop that top quality in the next few weeks and that is what informs my support for Vince to be considered. Thus, I support a waiver for goalkeeping position ONLY.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

felarey wrote:What a damn shame! People thinking about a player and their own satisfaction instead of the team. A player is not playing and you want him on the team. That is outrageous incompetence to even suggest it. We’re not even talking a player playing and being left out. So disappointed that this hasn’t died down. Why not be a man and take the ego hit? You can’t have such a player on the team. Put on your management cap for a minute if you have one. This is how people mismanage succession and hold on to something they do for too long. Get comfortable being uncomfortable, that’s the difference between those that achieve greatly and those that don’t. Enyeama comes with no guarantees. Think about the team!
Vinny comes with a very SOLID guarantee.................He guarantees that we don't get wacked 7-1 in each game 'cos our mickeymouse keepers can't pickup swinging CKs and FKs.
You folks better get it into your 'football-know-nothing' skulls...........................'SE has NO keepers for the big dance'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Can you also listen loud and clear? :D
I've got my "la la ears" on. :tic:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
Oga EII,

I'm saying neither of them should have been selected. Musa had played 1 League Cup game and 1 reserve (U-23) game and that was considered enough playing time for him to earn selection for the last set of fixtures. Btw, Musa wasn't playing regularly - not even with the reserve team.

Ultimately, we're saying that Rohr has allowed himself room for manoeuvre and it wouldn't surprise me if exceptions to this "rule" of playing regularly.
Yeyeman,

Okay. For me, I think that the rule should be waived in Enyeama's case and for good reason. There is no rule that should be hard and fast as such rules would definitely be blind and lead to intended outcomes. It is like saying that you have a rule not to lie. However, suppose you are asked to state the truth in a situation where that truth could cost the life of innocent persons? This becomes an ethical dilemma. Though my example is a bit of a reach when compared to football, it helps understand where my reasoning is derived.

I believe that Rohr's rule is set up because there are abundance of capable Nigerian players in several of the positions and, thus, if you are not playing for a club the rule may be a way to eliminate some players. However, in the goalkeeping area, we are currently undermanned in terms of top quality. Can we suddenly find a top quality guy among our current players for us to remain hard and fast on Rohr's rule? That is the question. My thinking is that it will be a tall order to find or develop that top quality in the next few weeks and that is what informs my support for Vince to be considered. Thus, I support a waiver for goalkeeping position ONLY.
I totally understand. I support the condition of regular (and competitive) playing time in order for selection and also accept there are occasions where exceptions can and should be made. The GK situation may be one just scenario where an exception is warranted. That's not saying Enyeama should be guaranteed a spot in the WC squad; just that the situation may warrant he's at least assessed.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Putting Enyeama and Musa in the same boat is textbook intellectual dishonesty. A spurious attempt at logic at best.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

felarey wrote:Putting Enyeama and Musa in the same boat is textbook intellectual dishonesty. A spurious attempt at logic at best.
Go on...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The YeyeMan wrote:
felarey wrote:Putting Enyeama and Musa in the same boat is textbook intellectual dishonesty. A spurious attempt at logic at best.
Go on...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yeyeman :clap: :clap:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

zee wrote:
felarey wrote:What a damn shame! People thinking about a player and their own satisfaction instead of the team. A player is not playing and you want him on the team. That is outrageous incompetence to even suggest it. We’re not even talking a player playing and being left out. So disappointed that this hasn’t died down. Why not be a man and take the ego hit? You can’t have such a player on the team. Put on your management cap for a minute if you have one. This is how people mismanage succession and hold on to something they do for too long. Get comfortable being uncomfortable, that’s the difference between those that achieve greatly and those that don’t. Enyeama comes with no guarantees. Think about the team!
Vinny comes with a very SOLID guarantee.................He guarantees that we don't get wacked 7-1 in each game 'cos our mickeymouse keepers can't pickup swinging CKs and FKs.
You folks better get it into your 'football-know-nothing' skulls...........................'SE has NO keepers for the big dance'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where was that guarantee when his mistake during his good form at WC2010 was key to not reaching second round? You only need to get wacked by a goal to be sent home. We saw that at WC 2010. The elephant in the room no one is talking about here is oyinbo Na oyinbo mentality. As long as Vincent can stand on two feet in France and is posting clips of training in the school yard, he’s good enough for Nigeria.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Enugu II wrote:
Oga EII,

Yeyeman,

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

felarey wrote:
zee wrote:
Where was that guarantee when his mistake during his good form at WC2010 was key to not reaching second round? You only need to get wacked by a goal to be sent home. We saw that at WC 2010. The elephant in the room no one is talking about here is oyinbo Na oyinbo mentality. As long as Vincent can stand on two feet in France and is posting clips of training in the school yard, he’s good enough for Nigeria.
You MAY go home b/c of a goal or you may fight back and win the game by scoring 2 or more goals........................but you will never come back from a 7-1 wacking and that's what is guaranteed if we ever field these mickeymouse keepers at the big dance.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

zee wrote:
felarey wrote:
zee wrote:
You MAY go home b/c of a goal or you may fight back and win the game by scoring 2 or more goals........................but you will never come back from a 7-1 wacking and that's what is guaranteed if we ever field these mickeymouse keepers at the big dance.
Ok but we had keepers against Cameroon, zambia, Algeria and recently Argentina and prevailed. Didn’t get wacked 7-1.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Enyeama is done, he won't make the WC squad and I'm ready to wager a huge bet on these assertion... anybody wey get liver should take me up on that bet and stop the long talks already.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

felarey wrote:
zee wrote:
He is being considered by fans because he has over 100 caps for Nigeria. Nothing unusual there. It is up to the manager to decide if he wants him.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

felarey wrote:
zee wrote:
felarey wrote:
zee wrote:
Ok but we had keepers against Cameroon, zambia, Algeria :lol: :lol: and recently played a MessiLESS Argentina and prevailed. Didn’t get wacked 7-1.
Cameroon, zambia, Algeria don't even know how a well taken CK or FK looks like..........talkless of a SWINGING one.
The WC is a different ball game and God forbid Vinny is not fit...........just brace yourself for some horrid scorelines.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

aruako1 wrote:
felarey wrote:
zee wrote:
He is being considered by fans because he has over 100 caps for Nigeria. Nothing unusual there. It is up to the manager to decide if he wants him.
Not ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a very long look at our IkemeLESS team and at the pretenders lining up to man our goal at the WC..........................and I know that a looming massacre is about to happen.
What good are the field-players if every 2nd CK ends at the back of their net.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Go on...
Musa is part of the team, Enyeama is not. I’d go on but you’d need intuition that can separate a soccer coach from a referee that follows rules and shouldn’t act arbitrarily. Else why not use Ikeme to justify Enyeama? He’s going to Russia. Rohr also had a "rule" for Enyeama to get a club and play regularly, does this "rule" count?

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

zee wrote:
felarey wrote:
zee wrote:
felarey wrote:
zee wrote:
Ok but we had keepers against Cameroon, zambia, Algeria :lol: :lol: and recently played a MessiLESS Argentina and prevailed. Didn’t get wacked 7-1.
Cameroon, zambia, Algeria don't even know how a well taken CK or FK looks like..........talkless of a SWINGING one.
The WC is a different ball game and God forbid Vinny is not fit...........just brace yourself for some horrid scorelines.
Okies, I guess we're having fun with this now. Well Enyeama saw what a well taken freekick looks like against Argentina at the last WC from Messi and he was firmly rooted to the ground like a tuber of yam while the ball was in the net. Just the way I would have done it :lol: Atleast we know what an inform Enyeama can do with a well taken freekick not from Cameroon, Zambia and Algeria.

imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

What's actually the real issue with him and Lille.
The keeper keeps conceding really annoying goals and it's head scratching not to iron things out and bring him back. They will get relegated at this rate.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The work that Rohr has done in the last couple years will go to waste if we go to Russia and decorate the goal post with a basket like Ezenwa or Akpeyi. People are underestimating the abilities of our opponents to take advantage of our goalie, we at least need Vince as an insurance in Russia. I’m willing to go with uzoho but the boy hasn’t even gotten played 3 first team games for deportivo. It’s just sad!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The work that Rohr has done in the last couple years will go to waste if we go to Russia and decorate the goal post with a basket like Ezenwa or Akpeyi. People are underestimating the abilities of our opponents to take advantage of our goalie, we at least need Vince as an insurance in Russia. I’m willing to go with uzoho but the boy hasn’t even gotten played 3 first team games for deportivo. It’s just sad!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
This debate is very funny.
You can see that the entire 'we don't want/need Enyeama' argument is based around his public 'retirement' (sentiment), his age (irrelevant), his being 'out of shape' (valid, but relative and dynamic) and the fact that he didn't contribute to the qualifying process (sentiment again).

Nowhere will you find anyone attempting to objectively argue the strengths of Uzoho, Ezenwa or Akpeyi all of which we must assume they are saying will beat any strengths Enyeama might have - strengths they are so quick to dismiss and describe as having deserted him.
Like you said, we shouldn't be going to Russia to 'decorate' the goalposts. What a waste that would be.

We are not saying anything new when we repeat the fact that the GK position is unique and therefore can be subject to slightly different rules.
The goalkeeper has only two jobs: to keep the ball out of the net and to give the ball to a teammate, usually when under no pressure whatsoever.

Its why keepers have their own GK coaches and their own parallel training schedules
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The work that Rohr has done in the last couple years will go to waste if we go to Russia and decorate the goal post with a basket like Ezenwa or Akpeyi. People are underestimating the abilities of our opponents to take advantage of our goalie, we at least need Vince as an insurance in Russia. I’m willing to go with uzoho but the boy hasn’t even gotten played 3 first team games for deportivo. It’s just sad!
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
This debate is very funny.
You can see that the entire 'we don't want/need Enyeama' argument is based around his public 'retirement' (sentiment), his age (irrelevant), his being 'out of shape' (valid, but relative and dynamic) and the fact that he didn't contribute to the qualifying process (sentiment again).

Nowhere will you find anyone attempting to objectively argue the strengths of Uzoho, Ezenwa or Akpeyi all of which we must assume they are saying will beat any strengths Enyeama might have - strengths they are so quick to dismiss and describe as having deserted him.
Like you said, we shouldn't be going to Russia to 'decorate' the goalposts. What a waste that would be.

We are not saying anything new when we repeat the fact that the GK position is unique and therefore can be subject to slightly different rules.
The goalkeeper has only two jobs: to keep the ball out of the net and to give the ball to a teammate, usually when under no pressure whatsoever.

Its why keepers have their own GK coaches and their own parallel training schedules
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: continue crying there.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?