I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I WILL STILL INVITE VINCENT ENYEAMA TO SE CAMP

Post by Dammy »

opine wrote:How come he didn’t take loan move even to a second division to get some guaranteed game time. Doesn’t sound like he even wants to go.
Vince did not move in the January transfer Window because the clubs interested in him wanted him to take a pay cut and at this late stage of his career, it was not advisable. So he stayed put in Lille.
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote:
naijaguy wrote:Unfortunately, your opinion doesn't count.
Vincent messed up the day he quit the super eagles in anger. If he never quit, there's no way he wouldn't make it to Russia even with his club situation, except he's injured.
The earlier we accept that enyeama's time with the S.E is over , the better for us.
Thank you - Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: In addition to quitting in anger, he also announced his RETIREMENT to the world. Thus, the man has retired, that's all.
Messi retired as well.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Vincent messed up the day he quit the super eagles in anger. If he never quit, there's no way he wouldn't make it to Russia even with his club situation, except he's injured.
The earlier we accept that enyeama's time with the S.E is over , the better for us.
Vince did not mess up. He said he'd had enough and wanted to quit so did what was right for him but it's just unfortunate that it ended in a messy way. Nigeria will be the ones to mess up if they go back and bring back a retired player in place of younger more active guys. We failed to qualify for the 1982 world cup because we went to bring back retired legends when the younger and more active guys like Keshi etc would have done a better job. People don't learn.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:People keep forgetting that Vincent willingly retired from international football and for him to be reconsidered, he has to come out of retirement. If by any chance you agents think that we should beg a player that retired you’re dreaming. Vincent is a legend and world class player but no one is bigger than the country.
If you think a player with over 100 caps needs an agent to even be discussed then your delusion is higher than we thought. I bet you will be one of those accusing Rohr of taking bribes if we do not win the WC.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
anointed wrote:That's purely my opinion.

And I will even give him cameos in friendlies especially if he is is interested and committed.

Our goalkeeping situation is too precarious not to try anything and everything plausible. We are in a situation akin to saying beggars have no choice. We just dont have that many excellent or impeccable choices to pick from. I'm not so confident that our No 1 goalie position is hovering btw Francis Uzoho and and Ike Ezenwa. One is grossly inexperienced while the other is at 28 very rough at the edges. I also notice that Ezenwa appears injury prone. Currently, he's out due to injury. And I have noticed that that on too many times in the few games he's been btw the sticks for Naija, he has had more than a handful injuries time outs. BTW, Enyeama doesnt have to be No 1; he just has to be maybe the Nr 2 or 3 so that if the others become victims of jitters, Enyeama can step into the fray. But a goalie team of any three of Ezenwa, Uzoho, Ajiboye, Alampasu, Akpeyi...who else is no go area for me.

On the strength of these, I will still invite Enyeama and then let the others outdo him in Camp. Who would have thought that Rufai, who never was in any of the 1994 WCQ, would be our 94 WC goalie? His recommendation was from the goalkeeping goalie then to Westerhof.
Do not compromise your own rule. You can totally screw up your setup and lose the confidence of your players.
If you invite Enyeama who is probably clubless and has not manned the post even for a reserve side to camp, then what are you saying about the other goalies and your rule of inviting players with clubs etc?

If someone says if you can invite Vincent then why not them?

What we have is what we have. People are always fascinated about the fish that for away and not the one they caught.
Enyeama has seen about 3 world cups and one failure to qualify. We can't do worse than exit in the group stage. Vincent is no guarantee that we'd make it to the next round.
My brother, you dont get it. These people couldnt give a hoot nanny about Nigeria or SE players. Their sole concern is to make sure Enyeama increases his world cup appearances. Thats is all. Nothing else!
No. He gets it. He makes a more compelling case for Enyeama to be excluded than the aspersions you choose to cast on others who say anything that you don't agree with. It might surprise you but I agree with him. If Enyeama had changed clubs then it would have been insane not to pick him. Now unless he becomes no 1 at Lille he has to consider watching the world cup at home.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Vinnie :thumbs: will be our WC keeper.........................or it is ZERO points and last place in our group.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:Damunk at the end of the day Vincent has to come out of retirement to be considered for a position. He is a Nigerian football legend but no one is bigger than the country. No one! We should always remember that for as good as enyeama has been we have never gone past round of 16 at the World Cup. Vincent should widraw his retirement and see if the coach wouldn’t consider him
Straw man.
I love it the way you guys cleverly use the word 'retirement' like he is sitting in an Old People's home! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If na public announcement you dey find, you might be disappointed. Those that matter are probably already in conversation with him. :idea:
DM, are we so afraid to fail that we think bringing back a player that is 2 months short of a year since he last played a competitive game
Pajimoh, I'm sure you've noticed over the years that we agree on most things, so this is a first! :D

Granted that 'failure' is relative, I believe we should all be 'afraid' - or at least wary - of failing. I think we've come too far to be failing at the world cup by our own standards and whichever side of the divide we are on, we ALL want success. The issue is that we differ on whether or not Enyeama has a role to play in that success.
You say nay. We say aye.

and most of that time is through injury
From which we can all agree he has now recovered.
and we believe he's far better than trusting in goalies that are younger,
We can't just trust a keeper simply because he is younger. If anything, WE ALL KNOW that keepers have a far longer shelf life than outfield players and at 36, Enyeama is no way near done at the top level. Why are youso eager to write him off?
Its a coefficient of ability, fitness and experience. YOUTH on its own does not trump everything else.
I think you are harping on youth because it serves this argument, but you know that experience is in itself crucial even though not a sole determinant
probably in better shape and manned the posts for the SE in the qualifiers and friendly?
In as much as we could argue that Ezenwa and Akpeyi are 'in better shape', can we not also argue that there is no evidence to suggest they are?
Unfortunately, Ezenwa is actually injured right now.
Uzoho might well be 'in better shape' but what about the other key factors?
What is Akpeyi doing right now that makes you so sure that he is in better shape?
As for having manned the posts in the Qs and friendlies, I believe that is pure sentiment. There is no free ticket to Russia. Some people who sweat to get us there will not make the team because someone better is available for that slot.
When they change managers few months to the wc we complain, why is this any different
Very different bro.
Its like changing the driver of a F1 car vs changing its faulty brake pads.

IF (and yes, its a big if) Enyeama proves himself to be one of our top three keepers, he should be on the plane.
I don't know why you guys have a problem with that.

I know you are not an agent, but why give the wrong impression? :D :D :D

Just kidding.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:Damunk at the end of the day Vincent has to come out of retirement to be considered for a position. He is a Nigerian football legend but no one is bigger than the country. No one! We should always remember that for as good as enyeama has been we have never gone past round of 16 at the World Cup. Vincent should widraw his retirement and see if the coach wouldn’t consider him
Straw man.
I love it the way you guys cleverly use the word 'retirement' like he is sitting in an Old People's home! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If na public announcement you dey find, you might be disappointed. Those that matter are probably already in conversation with him. :idea:
DM, are we so afraid to fail that we think bringing back a player that is 2 months short of a year since he last played a competitive game
Pajimoh, I'm sure you've noticed over the years that we agree on most things, so this is a first! :D

Granted that 'failure' is relative, I believe we should all be 'afraid' - or at least wary - of failing. I think we've come too far to be failing at the world cup by our own standards and whichever side of the divide we are on, we ALL want success. The issue is that we differ on whether or not Enyeama has a role to play in that success.
You say nay. We say aye.

and most of that time is through injury
From which we can all agree he has now recovered.
and we believe he's far better than trusting in goalies that are younger,
We can't just trust a keeper simply because he is younger. If anything, WE ALL KNOW that keepers have a far longer shelf life than outfield players and at 36, Enyeama is no way near done at the top level. Why are youso eager to write him off?
Its a coefficient of ability, fitness and experience. YOUTH on its own does not trump everything else.
I think you are harping on youth because it serves this argument, but you know that experience is in itself crucial even though not a sole determinant
probably in better shape and manned the posts for the SE in the qualifiers and friendly?
In as much as we could argue that Ezenwa and Akpeyi are 'in better shape', can we not also argue that there is no evidence to suggest they are?
Unfortunately, Ezenwa is actually injured right now.
Uzoho might well be 'in better shape' but what about the other key factors?
What is Akpeyi doing right now that makes you so sure that he is in better shape?
As for having manned the posts in the Qs and friendlies, I believe that is pure sentiment. There is no free ticket to Russia. Some people who sweat to get us there will not make the team because someone better is available for that slot.
When they change managers few months to the wc we complain, why is this any different
Very different bro.
Its like changing the driver of a F1 car vs changing its faulty brake pads.

IF (and yes, its a big if) Enyeama proves himself to be one of our top three keepers, he should be on the plane.
I don't know why you guys have a problem with that.

I know you are not an agent, but why give the wrong impression? :D :D :D

Just kidding.
Bro all too often we make the mistake of thinking things remain constant but it doesn't. I look at things not from sentiment but what is practical and what is the norm.
We are looking at what we think Vince is capable of because of his past exploits and in our minds we've downgraded the others and elevated him to a status that doesn't even allow us to see the danger of his dormancy.
I'm even afraid for the other goalies now. If they are chosen and Nigeria fail to qualify for the second round, it would be their fault and Nigeria could have done better with Vince would be the response. Yet even with Vince at the helm, we have failed to qualify once, knocked out in the group stage once or twice and reached the second round once.
Now I keep asking myself, why is Vince not performing for his current club? I know the response would probably be, he is not liked or favored. But could the sincere answer be that he's no longer the Vince he once was? After all goalkeepers do not get better infinitely.

I also looked at current players returning from injury at Spurs. Some of them are the top players for their position, the likes of Rose, Wanyama and Toby yet they did not walk back into their position. They were not out as long as Vince but their period of absence was enough to affect their performance and put someone else ahead of them. A good manager just doesn't dash the jersey out like that, you must prove it on the pitch and in competitive environment.

Regardless of what you or I think, Rohr would make the call. But I suspect as a German his ideals would not allow him to pick Vince but our Nigerian trait of thinking we know better might force his hands
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Thank you - Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: In addition to quitting in anger, he also announced his RETIREMENT to the world. Thus, the man has retired, that's all.
Messi retired as well.
Yeah, Messi retired but under a different circumstance compared to Vince. Messi did NOT ABANDON his team or retired by FIGHTING the team's coach.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

zee wrote:Vinnie :thumbs: will be our WC keeper.........................or it is ZERO points and last place in our group.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The GREAT ZEE! You are my buddy, so I will only say we will BEAT Croatia and top the group with/or without Vincent Enyeama as our goalkeeper
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Messi retired as well.
Yeah, Messi retired but under a different circumstance compared to Vince. Messi did NOT ABANDON his team or retired by FIGHTING the team's coach.
Messi was needed by the team far more than we needed Enyeama who had lost his place to Ikeme. He retired when he realised that he was no longer number 1. Oliseh was the one who abandoned Nigeria just before a critical qualifier against Egypt.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Messi retired as well.
Messi was needed by the team far more than we needed Enyeama who had lost his place to Ikeme. He retired when he realised that he was no longer number 1. Oliseh was the one who abandoned Nigeria just before a critical qualifier against Egypt.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Messi retired as well.
Plus, Messi was quickly talked out of retirement and practical continued to play for the team. He's not been injured and very active for his club.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

zee wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Messi retired as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Enyeama even confirmed that he had lost his place.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

pajimoh wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Messi retired as well.
Plus, Messi was quickly talked out of retirement and practical continued to play for the team. He's not been injured and very active for his club.
So it is not about retirement then? It is about ability isn't it? I agree with your concerns given his current lack of minutes but all this talk of his retirement doesn't cut it.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

aruako1 wrote:
zee wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Messi retired as well.
'confirmed' that the coach has the right to pick his keeper....................Oliseh's choice, had nothing to do with goalkeeping ability.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

aruako1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Messi retired as well.
So it is not about retirement then? It is about ability isn't it? I agree with your concerns given his current lack of minutes but all this talk of his retirement doesn't cut it.
But it does. Even if he was fit and still active but wants to remain retired because that is what he truly wants then no one can change that. I remember they tried to talk Okocha out of retirement a few times and he stood his ground.
Vince situation is compounded by injury and lack of playing time. We'd be ignoring too many things to fit him into the team
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Messi retired as well.
... exactly! You just added a point I have been forgetting to bring-up. Yes, before his retirement, I heard Vince has repeatedly told the coach he (Vince) 'cannot play for Nigeria forever' and many discussions about it was held between him and coach Oliseh.

Thus, it will be fair to conclude Vince has been looking for a way to retire and he cooked-up some commotion to do what he did. Therefore, he should stay away from OUR team.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

zee wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
zee wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Odas wrote:Thank you - Sir! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: In addition to quitting in anger, he also announced his RETIREMENT to the world. Thus, the man has retired, that's all.
Messi retired as well.
'confirmed' that the coach has the right to pick his keeper....................Oliseh's choice, had nothing to do with goalkeeping ability.
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Odas wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:People should go watch the Kind of faya Vince had to face in 14,10 and 02 and ask themselves if the Enzenwa we saw vs Algeria or Cameroon can cope with it. Go watch how Enzenwa almost cost us the Algeria game and his silly injury antics. If Vince isn’t going then it’s Uzoho and a stack of bibles on top alof a crate of Koran.

Without Vince I don’t see us getting past the group stage
. O pari!
Bros, I disagree with you. With or without Vince, we will BEAT Croatia and TOP the group.
Ok o. Hope your pastor get glasses.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: yes, bros; he does, a very good and clear one, indeed.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

john, things had moved past the stage of Enyeama rescinding his retirement. He's already done that constructively and has been in communication with Rohr. There is an understanding that he has to return to full fitness and play regularly. The "play regularly" part seems to be the snag because of Enyeama and Lille's rejection of certain proposed Angers' terms. Clearly, Enyeama has been actively training after a remarkable recovery from injury, and has even kept in a Lille reserve game, saving a penalty. My contention on this issue is simple: Enyeama is willing and committed to the Super Eagles, Rohr and the nation. We are not in exactly the best of frames in the goalkeeper position- Ezenwa is recovering from a recent knee injury, Uzoho is keeping in the Spanish third division, Ajiboye doesn't have much international experience, Alampasu is behind in the pecking order, and Akpeyi is best left for another essay. With Enyeama's experience and abilities, we have a reasonable short-term solution that potentially would upgrade a crucial position in the team.For the avoidance of doubt, the following article encapsulates what I believe is the situation between Enyeama, Rohr and his likely eventual invitation. I will hold my peace on this issue until the list is released:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/11/02/vi ... es-return/
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The only thing i have to say about this debate of bringing back Vince is....i want a list of all these people so that i can monitor their posituon after the WC.

If Vince is not playing regularly he is not good enough for the WC. And i know what these people will be saying if that truth about his non playing time comes back to haunt the team.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:The only thing i have to say about this debate of bringing back Vince is....i want a list of all these people so that i can monitor their posituon after the WC.

If Vince is not playing regularly he is not good enough for the WC. And i know what these people will be saying if that truth about his non playing time comes back to haunt the team.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: As always, spoken like a true national hero!

Uncle. I am just tired! When I say these people are very wicked! they say I am using strong words. As for Obong, I know his true motives. If Enyeama was not "his person,' he wouldnt give a damn about Enyeama. As for the others, its just pure wickedness. God forbid bad thing.

Truth is: If, God forbid, Enyeama gets selected and he is horrendous (like Rufai 98) and we get knocked out, these people will move on with their lives like nothing happened. It is the rest of us who will be in pain for months THINKING, WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN! I know them very well. They do it all the time. Is that not what happened in 2014??? when they were calling for Osaze, Ameobi etc.. And Keshi gave in to them and Osaze came and slapped Mikel in camp?? We had a horrid world cup and what happened? These people just moved on. No single feeling. They moved on and now they are back again. These wicked people dont give a damn about Nigeria. They couldnt careless. They have their own agenda.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?