Rohr to stick with core squad for World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Rohr to stick with core squad for World Cup

Post by walesvilla »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43168554

End of sorry - all of us calling for Enyeama, Martins, Efe, Obi (Torino) Etc no chance o... any new player that must break into this squad must score close to 25 goals between now and May

only 1 chan player to be included
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr to stick with core squad for World Cup

Post by john12 »

Correct man of integrity. Hopefully, these shameless agents wouldn’t result to diabolical means to get rid of him before World cup
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

walesvilla wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43168554

End of sorry - all of us calling for Enyeama, Martins, Efe, Obi (Torino) Etc no chance o... any new player that must break into this squad must score close to 25 goals between now and May

I am beginning to agree with Osaze and Balogun that Onyibo na onyibo. If it were a local coach he would succumbed to pressure from agents truetalk, anointed and junior agent Princess.

Guys, remember when CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC tried over 350 players and then came back and said he had no team? Chei! That man deal with us o
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

do you know what CORE means ?

I don't think anybody doubted the CORE would remain the same.

The CORE is not the ENTIRETY.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The following players need to ask for refunds from whoever they paid claiming they could secured them a World Cup slot: Ajagun, Awoniyi, Brazee, kelechi,Efe, Aluko, and those German players that never switch nationality. Also look forward to watching Tammy & Ibe in Russia rep England
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

you guys really think there will not be at least 1 or 2 new players in the squad ?

You wanna bet ?
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

"If we feel the need to strengthen this squad we know what to do because for nearly two years now we've had a good atmosphere so far. Another good news is that the young striker in Wolfsburg [Victor] Osimhen is also playing now".

I always suspected that Oshimen was his dark horse. I for one i'm very happy for the young man. I hope he gets a chance next month and takes it. I am also happy Rohr has more or less slammed the door on the new players debate.

We have a good core. Now let's build them into a formidable machine and go break records.
To stop trying is to start dying
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

vancity eagle wrote:you guys really think there will not be at least 1 or 2 new players in the squad ?

You wanna bet ?
Even the article makes clear that he will make one or two spots available. So you're not saying anything different from the others. That said, making the places available and the players taking their chance are two different things.
To stop trying is to start dying
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Nothing new here. The only one that raised my eyebrows is Uwa. How has he been performing lately? E be like sey de bobo will certailny be on the 23 man squad based on his experience.

I'm happy to see Osimhen mentioned. I hope he keeps getting playing time in Germany. He can def make a push for a striker spot
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:you guys really think there will not be at least 1 or 2 new players in the squad ?

You wanna bet ?
"If we feel the need to strengthen this squad we know what to do because for nearly two years now we've had a good atmosphere so far. Another good news is that the young striker in Wolfsburg [Victor] Osimhen is also playing now.

"I will make the [provisional] squad based on this group and also give one of the CHAN boys a chance as well.
YEs there will be 1 or 2 new players, but from what pool will the new players be drawn from?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Awoniyi will make the team
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

It makes perfect sense to me. Enough of these names coming from nowhere because people want their men or friends (players) to go to Russia. Thus, it is all settled now; or at least, close to being settled.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:Nothing new here. The only one that raised my eyebrows is Uwa. How has he been performing lately? E be like sey de bobo will certailny be on the 23 man squad based on his experience.

I'm happy to see Osimhen mentioned. I hope he keeps getting playing time in Germany. He can def make a push for a striker spot
No one tried in that position has proven to be better than him. Definitely not Aina!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

vancity eagle wrote:do you know what CORE means ?

I don't think anybody doubted the CORE would remain the same.

The CORE is not the ENTIRETY.
yes there are core but even the entirety will be selected from those fringe players he worked with before - eg Kayode Osiehem - and for an Awoniyi or Obi to make the squad will be a miracle
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"It looks very impossible to get Carl Ikeme to play in Russia, but Ikechukwu Ezenwa showed in big matches so far that he can be in goal.

"The young boy Uzoho had a great game against Argentina so I've sent the goalkeeper trainer to continue to provide support for this boy in Spain.

"We are not limited as we also have other goalkeepers like Akpeyi, Ajiboye and Alampasu in the team, so I believe we are fine."
"You have to respect what the former players have done in the past but be careful that you don't try to bring them back because people think so," said Rohr
Maceo and Obong just collapsed! guys! guys! Una get oxygen? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I wonder who Obong has been "speaking to?" remember he was "speaking to some people who have assured him" that Enyeama will be invited? Obong! Abeg go collect your money from the people you "have been speaking to" o! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

ANC wrote:Awoniyi will make the team
yes he will make 2019 nations cup squad :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Shownoja wrote:"If we feel the need to strengthen this squad we know what to do because for nearly two years now we've had a good atmosphere so far. Another good news is that the young striker in Wolfsburg [Victor] Osimhen is also playing now".

I always suspected that Oshimen was his dark horse. I for one i'm very happy for the young man. I hope he gets a chance next month and takes it. I am also happy Rohr has more or less slammed the door on the new players debate.

We have a good core. Now let's build them into a formidable machine and go break records.
Remember when Osimhen started his first game for Wolfsburg and I said there is no way Rohr will ignore Osimehn for the specific reason that even when Osimhen was playing reserve football, Rohr invited him? And some people were undermining my statement. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

1naija wrote:

I am beginning to agree with Osaze and Balogun that Onyibo na onyibo. If it were a local coach he would succumbed to pressure from agents truetalk, anointed and junior agent Princess.

Guys, remember when CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC tried over 350 players and then came back and said he had no team? Chei! That man deal with us o

:rotf: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kako on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:Correct man of integrity. Hopefully, these shameless agents wouldn’t result to diabolical means to get rid of him before World cup
Hopefully they will NOT be successful in their attempt to doing so. We, or many of us know they will try because they are ONLY after their pockets instead of being for the country.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If we feel the need to strengthen this squad we know what to do because for nearly two years now we've had a good atmosphere so far.
Pa Jeun Ko Ku! Looks like Rohr loves my idea of a peace corps team! :lol: :lol: :lol: Abi how you see am? :rotf:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:

Bros 1Naija, which one is considered a 'junior agent?' I mean, how do you classify such? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Shownoja wrote:

You wanna bet ?
Even the article makes clear that he will make one or two spots available. So you're not saying anything different from the others. That said, making the places available and the players taking their chance are two different things.

:clap: :clap:
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Rohr wants to take Echiejile because he's experienced. Seems like either Idowu or Aina (both natural right backs) are going to be dropped.

Rohr has been very involved with the players. I recall reading on how he calls and stays in touch with both Wenger and Puel. Won't be surprised if Rohr advised Echiejile to move to Belgium same way he asked Musa to move to move to CSKA.

Another evidence of Rohr's influence is with Uzoho. In Deportivo B, they have Francis and Alex Cobo... both goalies are almost just as good as each other and in the beginning of the season they played equally. Since the Argentina friendly they've been playing in a 2:1 ratio. Francis playing 3 games, for every game Cobo plays.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!