Rohr to stick with core squad for World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr to stick with core squad for World Cup

Post by Tobi17 »

Uwa Echejilie isn't even seeing regular time at his second division club, that alone calls for concern. Aina and Idowu are definitely ahead of him right now, at least based on form and talent.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote:do you know what CORE means ?

I don't think anybody doubted the CORE would remain the same.

The CORE is not the ENTIRETY.
You are correct Vancity eagle! 'CORE', in this case simply means many of the players (main) used already will be selected and a few (new ones) MIGHT be added, so ... the gate is still open for some (new) players
Last edited by Odas on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Nothing new here. The only one that raised my eyebrows is Uwa. How has he been performing lately? E be like sey de bobo will certailny be on the 23 man squad based on his experience.

I'm happy to see Osimhen mentioned. I hope he keeps getting playing time in Germany. He can def make a push for a striker spot
No one tried in that position has proven to be better than him. Definitely not Aina!
Ederson is one of the worst players I have ever seen i my life. However, if the coach decides to take him, it is the coach's decision and I dont waste my time quarreling over a coach's choice.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Tobi17 wrote:Uwa Echejilie isn't even seeing regular time at his second division club, that alone calls for concern. Aina and Idowu are definitely ahead of him right now, at least based on form and talent.
Missed the first 2 games after he joined due to fitness issues. Started the last game as the left midfielder in a 3-4-3
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Was concerning Rohr mentioned Uwa. Think Aina and Idowu have more to offer.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Haaaaaaaa , mo gbe o! Rohr has put Agents out of business 4mnths before the wc when business should be booming. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Shownoja wrote:"If we feel the need to strengthen this squad we know what to do because for nearly two years now we've had a good atmosphere so far. Another good news is that the young striker in Wolfsburg [Victor] Osimhen is also playing now".

I always suspected that Oshimen was his dark horse. I for one i'm very happy for the young man. I hope he gets a chance next month and takes it. I am also happy Rohr has more or less slammed the door on the new players debate.

We have a good core. Now let's build them into a formidable machine and go break records.
Remember when Osimhen started his first game for Wolfsburg and I said there is no way Rohr will ignore Osimehn for the specific reason that even when Osimhen was playing reserve football, Rohr invited him? And some people were undermining my statement. :lol:
Bros Danfo-driver: Don't be deterred by the behaviors of some members in this Forum. They will always attack when your opinion or position defers from those of theirs. Always speak your mind and if attacked, respond to them in kind.

If they try to gang-up (converge against) you, please recruit me and I will gather my fighting apparatus and, the game goes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Many of us here have no dignity and self respect.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
walesvilla wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43168554

End of sorry - all of us calling for Enyeama, Martins, Efe, Obi (Torino) Etc no chance o... any new player that must break into this squad must score close to 25 goals between now and May

only 1 chan player to be included
I am beginning to agree with Osaze and Balogun that Onyibo na onyibo. If it were a local coach he would succumbed to pressure from agents truetalk, anointed and junior agent Princess.

Guys, remember when CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC tried over 350 players and then came back and said he had no team? Chei! That man deal with us o
Bros 1Naija, which one is considered a 'junior agent?' I mean, how do you classify such? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A junior ally agent is a junior agent. If you give them full agent title they will fight you because of their Junior Ally mentality. Yemibrassiere is another one .
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:

End of sorry - all of us calling for Enyeama, Martins, Efe, Obi (Torino) Etc no chance o... any new player that must break into this squad must score close to 25 goals between now and May

I am beginning to agree with Osaze and Balogun that Onyibo na onyibo. If it were a local coach he would succumbed to pressure from agents truetalk, anointed and junior agent Princess.

Guys, remember when CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC tried over 350 players and then came back and said he had no team? Chei! That man deal with us o
Bros 1Naija, which one is considered a 'junior agent?' I mean, how do you classify such? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A junior ally agent is a junior agent. If you give them full agent title they will fight you because of their Junior Ally mentality. Yemibrassiere is another one .
I see! Thanks for the clarification - buddy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

niyi wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Uwa Echejilie isn't even seeing regular time at his second division club, that alone calls for concern. Aina and Idowu are definitely ahead of him right now, at least based on form and talent.
Missed the first 2 games after he joined due to fitness issues. Started the last game as the left midfielder in a 3-4-3
His first league game since September.... glad he's fit again but I wouldn't put him near a SE first eleven and not even the squad.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The YeyeMan wrote:
niyi wrote:
His first league game since September.... glad he's fit again but I wouldn't put him near a SE first eleven and not even the squad.
I wouldn't either
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Most likely Eze or the goalie.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

ANC wrote:Awoniyi will make the team
He is playing well, but who are they going to drop for him?
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

1naija wrote:

You forgot one C

Wha choo looking at?!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Gerasimbi sha. :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TBH, Rohr has a good concept of how to build a strong team. It really is suicidal to introduce many new faces to the team, at this time, regardless of how well that they are doing at their clubs. There is always a balance that a coach must deal with successfully -- building TEAM chemistry and improving quality of players in the team. If you tilt largely to one end, then you face imminent FAILURE. Thus, it is a balance that he has to maintain. Presently, I think he is doing well. He is likely to bring in no more than a couple of new players who would make the team but any wholesale changes certainly is counterproductive. IMHO, I would have liked a change in goal being a position that quality is needed. However, that is just my opinion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Expect a handful of new faces in the squad for the next game.

And when I say "new" I mean players who haven't been selected by Rohr before.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

niyi wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
niyi wrote:
I wouldn't either
But he is better and more experienced than Aina in the left back position. Not sure about Idowu though.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote:
niyi wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
niyi wrote:
I wouldn't either
But he is better and more experienced than Aina in the left back position. Not sure about Idowu though.
Experienced yes, better? we can maybe agree to disagree that Uwa is slightly better than Aina defensively... but every other indices of the game has Aina definitely miles above Echejilie, the Aina who made his debut against Zambia looked far a better player than Echejilie could ever be.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:TBH, Rohr has a good concept of how to build a strong team. It really is suicidal to introduce many new faces to the team, at this time, regardless of how well that they are doing at their clubs. There is always a balance that a coach must deal with successfully -- building TEAM chemistry and improving quality of players in the team. If you tilt largely to one end, then you face imminent FAILURE. Thus, it is a balance that he has to maintain. Presently, I think he is doing well. He is likely to bring in no more than a couple of new players who would make the team but any wholesale changes certainly is counterproductive. IMHO, I would have liked a change in goal being a position that quality is needed. However, that is just my opinion.
Change in goal to whom? The SE is not a club where they can go out and buy players they need. You can't change from something to nothing. The goalkeepers in the team now are the best Nigeria has to offer at the moment. And i think they are good enough to make the team as competive as they can be.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I'm sorry, but this is a very cleverly written article.
Go and read it again.... NOT ONCE did Rohr mention Enyeama by name and the reporter was professional enough not to fabricate one. In fact, notice Rohr mentioned all the other GKs in the picture EXCEPT Enyeama who is the one at the centre of our goalkeeping crisis.
Sometimes silence can be very loud.

I think the reporter has done a great job of getting people to dance to music they are not really hearing, but think they are. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:

Go and read it again.... NOT ONCE did Rohr mention Enyeama by name and the reporter was professional enough not to fabricate one. In fact, notice Rohr mentioned all the other GKs in the picture EXCEPT Enyeama who is the one at the centre of our goalkeeping crisis.

I think the reporter has done a great job of getting people to dance to music they are not really hearing, but think they are. :D
Abeg allow them to do their dancing. Fans have a legitimate right to talk about footballers. And we will.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Abeg allow them to do their dancing. Fans have a legitimate right to talk about footballers. And we will.
Just pointing out the ingenuity of the composer.
After all, we've all danced to computer-generated music at some point.
And we've all been guilty of singing song lyrics that are not even there - we used to call it 'la-ing'. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "