My take on Oliseh wahala in Holland

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Yiba
Egg
Egg
My take on Oliseh wahala in Holland

Post by Yiba »

I received a colleague's report on Oliseh last night and must confess that my respect for him increased tremendously.

If you read between the lines about all the comments posted here, one would come to the conclusion that Oliseh has a tendency to press the self-destruct button all the time.

The case with his employers might go to court. But one thing that is clear from the report is that there is a conspiracy against Oliseh. It is aimed at undermining his efforts in taking a club from obscurity to limelight.

Both sides will have their day in court. However, Oliseh continues to blaze a trail in an environment, where black coaches are licking arses to get a job.

Oliseh's weakness is his no-nonsense approach in his affairs, and not shying away from confrontation. I have been there in my sojourn abroad, and it could get you into trouble in some quarters.

I feel sad that CE members have already taken sides without understanding the complexity of the issues at stake.

It boils down to money, power and egos.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My take on Oliseh wahala in Holland

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Thanks for the update. Care to share any updates with us, or should we wait until the case goes to court? We also want our respect for Oliseh to increase tremendously.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Thanks for the update. Care to share any updates with us, or should we wait until the case goes to court? We also want our respect for Oliseh to increase tremendously.

No you don't, you weasel!

You want to find ways to further attack him without any benefits of the doubt whatsoever. You should be man enough to admit it, not pussying about like a chicken!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Thanks for the update. Care to share any updates with us, or should we wait until the case goes to court? We also want our respect for Oliseh to increase tremendously.

You want to find ways to further attack him without any benefits of the doubt whatsoever. You should be man enough to admit it, not pussying about like a chicken!!!
Txj being Txj!

Why you gonna insult the man for stating an opinion?

Don't see you telling Yiba to wait for the court hearing or to hear from Oliseh. :?

Yes, I am a hater!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:

Txj being Txj!

Don't see you telling Yiba to wait for the court hearing or to hear from Oliseh. :?

Yes, I am a hater!

Because Yiba also said this:
I feel sad that CE members have already taken sides without understanding the complexity of the issues at stake.
At least you admit upfront to being a hater, rather than weaseling out like the chief.... :rotf:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

txj wrote:

Oga, easy on the strong language. You have no right to be rude to people taking an opinion on issues. Some of us felt it was inappropriaite when others called you out, and got personal with you.

Many of us support Oliseh, frankly almost with some bias. I know people who have said he is one of the few footballers from a 'regular' background, and had some sort of affinity towards him. Compare Oliseh's background to the likes of other Lagos ballers like Dosu, Siasia, Amunuke, or the likes of Yekini (non-Lagos). All the other guys are from Ghettos, while everyone liked the well spoken Ajebutter that is Oliseh.

My excitement about Oliseh & Sia1 b4 him got me labelled as a Keshi hater on these pages.

What cannot be disputed is that Oliseh is now living a trail of carnage in his path & it hurts him and other people a lot.

With a different captain, we might have had a really strong team for the 2002 WC. Along with Oliseh, Finidi, Babangida, Agali, Oruma, Yakubu missed a WC in their prime. Aku, Ekeji & Onigbinde were no saints, but they have a bit more to work with when the Nigerian captain pretty much unilaterally cancelled an SE game.

Let me just stop here so it doesn't appear one does not wish Oliseh well. I hope he gets a good mentor and learns some much needed lessons.

As for your comments on Chief Ogbunigwe, maybe you think everyone here is a loser, and many people here have not been successful as minorities in Oyinboland in distinguished high profile, and high pressure jobs.
Oliseh will do himself a lot of good to learn from people like Ogbunigwe if he ever has the opportunity. They might seem to be just fans, but the words they are dropping here will be nuggets that will add tremendous value to him.
Last edited by truetalk on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

If na serious human being insult me now, then I fit vex. Txj? :lol: :lol: :lol:

only runs riot when Spastic is away
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:

Txj being Txj!

Yes, I am a hater!

At least you admit upfront to being a hater, rather than weaseling out like the chief.... :rotf:
The man has a history.

It is not a made up history.

One would think that someone with his history would be a little bit more circumspect when dealing with disagreements in the future.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:

Txj being Txj!

Yes, I am a hater!

The man has a history.

It is not a made up history.

One would think that someone with his history would be a little bit more circumspect when dealing with disagreements in the future.

Because Balotelli has a history of disruptive behavior is no reason, ABSOLUTELY NO REASON, to not give his claim of racial abuse due consideration.

The above becomes even more important in the case of Oliseh, whose "history" includes issues where he DOES have a genuine case, whether you like it or not.

The NFF failed to honor their contractual obligations to him. That is a fact that cannot be changed by your witches and wizards story :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Chief,

Di thing be say, there are divided opinions depending on the "camp" that you belong. The report is in German.

The Turkish owner of the club is accused of illegal activities, and Oliseh's associates stated on the record that the allegations against him are fabricated.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

truetalk wrote:
txj wrote:

Oga, easy on the strong language. You have no right to be rude to people taking an opinion on issues. Some of us felt it was inappropriaite when others called you out, and got personal with you.

Many of us support Oliseh, frankly almost with some bias. I know people who have said he is one of the few footballers from a 'regular' background, and had some sort of affinity towards him. Compare Oliseh's background to the likes of other Lagos ballers like Dosu, Siasia, Amunuke, or the likes of Yekini (non-Lagos). All the other guys are from Ghettos, while everyone liked the well spoken Ajebutter that is Oliseh.

My excitement about Oliseh & Sia1 b4 him got me labelled as a Keshi hater on these pages.

What cannot be disputed is that Oliseh is now living a trail of carnage in his path & it hurts him and other people a lot.

With a different captain, we might have had a really strong team for the 2002 WC. Along with Oliseh, Finidi, Babangida, Agali, Oruma, Yakubu missed a WC in their prime. Aku, Ekeji & Onigbinde were no saints, but they have a bit more to work with when the Nigerian captain pretty much unilaterally cancelled an SE game.

Let me just stop here so it doesn't appear one does not wish Oliseh well. I hope he gets a good mentor and learns some much needed lessons.

As for your comments on Chief Ogbunigwe, maybe you think everyone here is a loser, and many people here have not been successful as minorities in Oyinboland in distinguished high profile, and high pressure jobs.
Oliseh will do himself a lot of good to learn from people like Ogbunigwe if he ever has the opportunity. They might seem to be just fans, but the words they are dropping here will be nuggets that will add tremendous value to him.

The highlighted portion shows you up for what you are. Beyond that, there's nothing more to add.....

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I repeat...this 'court case' will most likely end with Oliseh apologizing to Fortuna and not the other way around.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:If na serious human being insult me now, then I fit vex. Txj? :lol: :lol: :lol:

only runs riot when Spastic is away

Chief, I only asked you to be consistent.

If you are a hater, stay on the Trump lane; don't try to make out to be a Bernie Sanders :blushing:

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

deanotito wrote:I repeat...this 'court case' will most likely end with Oliseh apologizing to Fortuna and not the other way around.
Bro, when you get a chance, pls PM me the next powerball winning numbers..

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

txj wrote:
deanotito wrote:I repeat...this 'court case' will most likely end with Oliseh apologizing to Fortuna and not the other way around.
Bro, when you get a chance, pls PM me the next powerball winning numbers..
And bless your children's children yet unborn? Who you be?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Oliseh is an hot head, agreed. But we have to support our own, because he is been blackballed.
Any-one who worked with oyinbos know that you can be blackballed. Oliseh have done all the work to get the team to a promotion position, to advance to the top league. Now they want to gang-up against him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

asabatex wrote:Oliseh is an hot head, agreed. But we have to support our own, because he is been blackballed.
Any-one who worked with oyinbos know that you can be blackballed. Oliseh have done all the work to get the team to a promotion position, to advance to the top league. Now they want to gang-up against him.
Support how? On CE? Whats that going to do for him if he's black balled?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Yiba wrote:I received a colleague's report on Oliseh last night and must confess that my respect for him increased tremendously.

If you read between the lines about all the comments posted here, one would come to the conclusion that Oliseh has a tendency to press the self-destruct button all the time.

The case with his employers might go to court. But one thing that is clear from the report is that there is a conspiracy against Oliseh. It is aimed at undermining his efforts in taking a club from obscurity to limelight.

Both sides will have their day in court. However, Oliseh continues to blaze a trail in an environment, where black coaches are licking arses to get a job.

Oliseh's weakness is his no-nonsense approach in his affairs, and not shying away from confrontation. I have been there in my sojourn abroad, and it could get you into trouble in some quarters.

Yiba: Many people who has lived in Oyibo-country, schooled and worked with them will fully understand what is in the AIR and what you have written. I don't mean those who simply came to Oyibo-land for SUMMER vacation, or for business trip and et al.

A lot of times, it is always your fault no matter what, unless you are the #$%-LICKING type. However, that is how it is and we have to ADJUST and, work with it. This is where I will blame Oliseh if at the end, he is at fault.
Last edited by Odas on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Yiba wrote:I received a colleague's report on Oliseh last night and must confess that my respect for him increased tremendously.

Second hand reports are not exactly very compelling. We should just wait until it goes to court. Colleagues report well be as it be...second hand
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

txj wrote:

Some people in this Site didn't and still does not give Oliseh any 'benefit of the doubt.' They immediately were in the 'I-told-you-so' position; therefore, it was Oliseh's fault.

As observed, many of those people are the SAME ones clamoring for Vince Enyeama's invitation to SE's camp, or to be taken to Russia because he (Vince) is the best. Certainly, they felt long ago Vince was right for being insubordinate to his boss and so, Oliseh was at fault and, from what is happening, they have been exonerated.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Please Sir, how did you know of this? Can you please SHARE with us the information you have?
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Odas wrote: Yiba: Many people who has lived in Oyibo-country, schooled and worked with them will fully understand what is in the AIR and what you have written. I don't mean those who simply came to Oyibo-land for SUMMER vacation, or for business trip and et al.

A lot of times, it is always your fault no matter what, unless you are the #$%-LICKING type. However, that is how it is and we have to ADJUST and, work with it. This is where I will blame Oliseh if at the end, he is at fault.
Don't you find it odd that CE is busy pointing fingers at Oliseh, a national hero, because of his past? Based on what I have read, I hope he will be vindicated in court.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

kawawa wrote:

Second hand reports are not exactly very compelling. We should just wait until it goes to court. Colleagues report well be as it be...second hand
Based on your comment above, it is clear that you have made up your mind. It is a matter of time before the drama comes to the court.As an African, I am rooting for Oliseh.