My take on Oliseh wahala in Holland

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My take on Oliseh wahala in Holland

Post by txj »

Does SO have a PR problem or does he have a "Nigeria problem"?

I ask this because inspite of the poor perception of him on here and on many Nigeria media outlets he still got gigs on the international sphere, with FIFA and the media.

Do I like his use of Twitter in his coaching jobs? Not always. But I’m willing to allow that it does have some benefits and in many cases it does compliment his personality.

Can he improve on his overall management? Absolutely!

My problem is that many of you here are not willing to credit him with anything.

The only thing that brought this case to where it is today is that tweet of his.....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Yiba wrote:I received a colleague's report on Oliseh last night and must confess that my respect for him increased tremendously.

If you read between the lines about all the comments posted here, one would come to the conclusion that Oliseh has a tendency to press the self-destruct button all the time.

The case with his employers might go to court. But one thing that is clear from the report is that there is a conspiracy against Oliseh. It is aimed at undermining his efforts in taking a club from obscurity to limelight.

Both sides will have their day in court. However, Oliseh continues to blaze a trail in an environment, where black coaches are licking arses to get a job.

Oliseh's weakness is his no-nonsense approach in his affairs, and not shying away from confrontation. I have been there in my sojourn abroad, and it could get you into trouble in some quarters.

I feel sad that CE members have already taken sides without understanding the complexity of the issues at stake.

It boils down to money, power and egos.

I will be waiting for this update (probably better watching paint dry). Reading your piece , a few things stand out... CONSPIRACY!!! Good lord! Not again...his team is doing well, why will they conspire to sabotage their own team.....
No-nonsense...... undermining...etc
Give me a break, If you have Oliseh ears, tell him to stop been paranoid, be humble, stop looking for trouble....Kai!!!
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The real deal wrote:
Yiba wrote:I received a colleague's report on Oliseh last night and must confess that my respect for him increased tremendously.

If you read between the lines about all the comments posted here, one would come to the conclusion that Oliseh has a tendency to press the self-destruct button all the time.

The case with his employers might go to court. But one thing that is clear from the report is that there is a conspiracy against Oliseh. It is aimed at undermining his efforts in taking a club from obscurity to limelight.

Both sides will have their day in court. However, Oliseh continues to blaze a trail in an environment, where black coaches are licking arses to get a job.

Oliseh's weakness is his no-nonsense approach in his affairs, and not shying away from confrontation. I have been there in my sojourn abroad, and it could get you into trouble in some quarters.

I feel sad that CE members have already taken sides without understanding the complexity of the issues at stake.

I will be waiting for this update (probably better watching paint dry). Reading your piece , a few things stand out... CONSPIRACY!!! Good lord! Not again...his team is doing well, why will they conspire to sabotage their own team.....
Give me a break, If you have Oliseh ears, tell him to stop been paranoid, be humble, stop looking for trouble....Kai!!!
Hater....

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The real deal wrote:

It seems you are one of those who has made up their minds Oliseh is at fault even if we don't know the details yet of what the issues are in this case, else why would you say Oliseh should "stop looking for trouble?"
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

txj wrote:
The real deal wrote:

Hater....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Like I said before, I now believe Oliseh.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

The real deal wrote:

FYI, I am not here to dispel your beliefs about Oliseh. I only opened this thread to inform CEs that contrary to the bashing and name calling that he received on this site, it is not the true picture.

Be rest assured that Oliseh is intelligent, and comfortable in his own skin to defend himself against trump up charges.

Many western media houses have the report. And I will say it again, I am proud of Oliseh!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Yiba wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Yiba wrote:I read the response from a majority of CE members who questioned Sunday Oliseh's timing for sending the tweet. FYI, the Holland club wanted to destroy Oliseh by every means necessary. Sunday Oliseh is a brand in professional sports, and Oliseh had no choice but to defend himself ASAP.

What many of you fail to understand is the fact that in professional sports, it is different from a corporate job with laid down structures.

Also, the environment that Oliseh finds himself is polarized. A black guy and an African who is opinionated do not sell in a profession that is based on 'paddy paddy' basis.

Oliseh's tweet made the club grapple effortlessly to come up with a rebuttal. It took them by surprise.

Oliseh is not the docile type who chooses to sacrifice his brand for the ungrateful club. In my books, he is a trailblazer.
Yiba,

Unfortunately, it is not about being docile. Image repair has a distinctive process and is well studied Let me refer you to William Benoit's work on image repair or Coombs' work as well which you can easily locate via google. These processes are widely used by athletes as well as the biggest corporations.

Oliseh's approach to image repair was not the best. The club may well have attempted to damage his image but his attempt at repair was poor TBH. I too believe that Oliseh should be able to respond to any attempt to damage his image . However, the sack itself or the suspension does not damage a coach's image as it is an expectation of the business. What is damaging is the club's claim of his managerial style. That he can respond to but needs the advice of professionals or PR guys to be effective because what he did in that tweet does him very little favor.
Enugu II,

There is a saying that hindsight is 20/20. Oliseh is learning on the job and I believe, he would be tactful next time.

I remember that the current Bayern coach Jupp Hencykes made some 'mistakes' as far back as 26 years ago. Today, nobody talks about it.

Advising Oliseh not to respond in the manner he did, is akin to telling Donald Trump to stay away from Twitter. It is a PR's nightmare.
Oliseh and tact? Muhahahahahaha :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Yiba wrote:I read the response from a majority of CE members who questioned Sunday Oliseh's timing for sending the tweet. FYI, the Holland club wanted to destroy Oliseh by every means necessary. Sunday Oliseh is a brand in professional sports, and Oliseh had no choice but to defend himself ASAP.

What many of you fail to understand is the fact that in professional sports, it is different from a corporate job with laid down structures.

Also, the environment that Oliseh finds himself is polarized. A black guy and an African who is opinionated do not sell in a profession that is based on 'paddy paddy' basis.

Oliseh's tweet made the club grapple effortlessly to come up with a rebuttal. It took them by surprise.

Oliseh is not the docile type who chooses to sacrifice his brand for the ungrateful club. In my books, he is a trailblazer.
Yiba,

Unfortunately, it is not about being docile. Image repair has a distinctive process and is well studied Let me refer you to William Benoit's work on image repair or Coombs' work as well which you can easily locate via google. These processes are widely used by athletes as well as the biggest corporations.

Oliseh's approach to image repair was not the best. The club may well have attempted to damage his image but his attempt at repair was poor TBH. I too believe that Oliseh should be able to respond to any attempt to damage his image . However, the sack itself or the suspension does not damage a coach's image as it is an expectation of the business. What is damaging is the club's claim of his managerial style. That he can respond to but needs the advice of professionals or PR guys to be effective because what he did in that tweet does him very little favor.
Enugu II,

There is a saying that hindsight is 20/20. Oliseh is learning on the job and I believe, he would be tactful next time.

I remember that the current Bayern coach Jupp Hencykes made some 'mistakes' as far back as 26 years ago. Today, nobody talks about it.

Advising Oliseh not to respond in the manner he did, is akin to telling Donald Trump to stay away from Twitter. It is a PR's nightmare.

The problem with you is that your personal animus for SO is clouding your entire judgement.

True, he is not a tactful or diplomatic personality, but that is his personality and he will have to live and die by it! And as with most character traits, it has its merits and demerits.

Balanced consideration requires that you allow the possibility of diverse outcomes, not automatically assume a negative.

Ironically it is a trait you are celebrating in Donald Trump on the R&R forum, albeit in a different sphere... :???:

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Yiba wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Yiba,

Enugu II,

The problem with you is that your personal animus for SO is clouding your entire judgement.

True, he is not a tactful or diplomatic personality, but that is his personality and he will have to live and die by it! And as with most character traits, it has its merits and demerits.

Balanced consideration requires that you allow the possibility of diverse outcomes, not automatically assume a negative.

Ironically it is a trait you are celebrating in Donald Trump on the R&R forum, albeit in a different sphere... :???:
Oliseh is what he is.

To think you are comparing Oliseh to Donald Trump? Muhahahahahaaaaaa
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yiba, thanks for this.
It is food for thought.
I pray you are right about this and the report you read is authentic.

The reaction from the majority of us is understandable. It is less about wishing him bad and more about feeling let down by a man that carries the hopes of Nigerians and indeed Africans. Of whom much is given, much is expected.
If and when the full story comes out and things are as you say, the respect for Oliseh will go thru the roof. He does (right or wrong) have a history of standing his ground which is to be admired.
But if at the core of his allegation are the Turks, then he had better watch his back.
Those people don't play.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Thanks Yiba. I hope to see Sunday Oliseh vindicated.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:Does SO have a PR problem or does he have a "Nigeria problem"?

I ask this because inspite of the poor perception of him on here and on many Nigeria media outlets he still got gigs on the international sphere, with FIFA and the media.

Do I like his use of Twitter in his coaching jobs? Not always. But I’m willing to allow that it does have some benefits and in many cases it does compliment his personality.

Can he improve on his overall management? Absolutely!

My problem is that many of you here are not willing to credit him with anything.

The only thing that brought this case to where it is today is that tweet of his.....
I concur.

I have seen the plight of Black Coaches in England. Where they cannot even get placement while doing their badges. The close shop and old school network is horribly racist.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Bro, thanks for this. I already ready between the lines from initial reports especially what the club had to say. The club, IMHO seems to confirm it has not acted properly on this matter.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.