Three CHAN Eagles, 25 Others Invited To Flying Eagles Squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Three CHAN Eagles, 25 Others Invited To Flying Eagles Squad

Post by niyi »

New head coach of the Flying Eagles Paul Aigbogun has invited three players from the 2018 silver-winning African Nations Championships squad to his 28-man provisional squad list ahead of the 2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations qualifying series, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

They players are Ikouwem Udoh, Peter Eneji and Nura Muhammed. The 2019 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations will be staged in Niger Republic.

Aigbogun also called up Nasarawa United’s Douglas Achiv, Akwa United’s Adesina Gata, MFM FC’s goalkeeper Ospino Egbe and Kano Pillars duo of Nazifi Yahaya and Alhassan Ibrahim according to a statement from the media department of the Nigeria Football Federation.

All invited players are to arrive at the Serob Legacy Hotel, Wuye, Abuja between Sunday, 25th February and Monday, 26th February, with their international passports, birth certificates and training kits.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/t ... les-squad/
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Three CHAN Eagles, 25 Others Invited To Flying Eagles Sq

Post by 1naija »

I know the "you can't tell age by look" (eventhough i can tell they all above 65 by their looks ) brigade are going to be up in arms, but none of the players in that tournament looked under 20 to me o. I hope this coach is not just being lazy.
Last edited by 1naija on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

According to this site, Douglas Achiv is listed as a 30 years old.
http://www.nigeriafootball.com/NairaSoc ... glas-Achiv

Or is it a different one?
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

http://admin.cafonline.com/en-US/NewsCe ... y9NA%3d%3d

09 DECEMBER 2013 04:03

Nigeria U-17 trio make CHAN squad

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has included three members of the globe-conquering U-17 team in a provisional 30-man squad for next year’s Orange African Nations Championship (CHAN) in South Africa.The trio; Kelechi Iheanacho, Golden Ball winner at the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), goalkeeper Dele Alampasu and midfielder Taiwo Awoniyi were the biggest surprises in the squad for Nigeria’s maiden appearance at the tournament designed exclusively for local-based footballers.

The three players were influential as Nigeria beat Mexico 3-0 in the final to win their fourth title at the global cadet championship after 1985, 1993 and 2007. According to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), the invited players will begin camping on December 9 in the capital, Abuja, to begin preparations for the tournament.

The squad is consisted by four goalies, nine defenders, eight defenders and nine attackers; from which the final 23 will be named for the tournament scheduled from 11 January to 1 February, 2014. Also called up are 2013 Africa Cup of Nations revelation, Sunday Mba, goalkeeper Chigozie Agbim, defender Azubuike Egwuekwe and Ejike Uzoenyi, all members of the Nigeria squad that won the African title earlier in the year. Meanwhile, there are six others on stand-by.

The Super Eagles are housed in Group A alongside hosts South Africa, Mali and Mozambique.

Full squad

Goalkeepers: Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers); Daniel Akpeyi (Heartland); Isah Danladi (Sharks); Dele Alampasu (Abuja Football College)

Defenders: Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves); Ebenezer Odunlami (Sunshine Stars); Benjamin Francis (Heartland); Solomon Kwambe (Sunshine Stars); Bright Esieme (Enyimba FC); Yinka Adedeji (Sharks); Reuben Ogbonnaya (El-Kanemi Warriors); Umar Zango (Kano Pillars); Chibuzor Madu (Enugu Rangers)

Midfielders: Sunday Mba (Enugu Rangers); Etebo Oghenekaro (Warri Wolves); Rabiu Ali (Kano Pillars); Ogonna Uzochukwu (Enugu Rangers); Achiv Douglas (Lobi Stars); Kelechi Iheanacho (Taiye Academy, Owerri); Mohammed Ajia (Bayelsa United); Christian Pyagbara (Sharks FC)

Forwards: Gambo Muhammad (Kano Pillars); Ifeanyi Ede (Enyimba FC); Nanen Imenger (Lobi Stars); Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers); Ezekiel Mbah (Akwa United); Christian Obiozor (Enugu Rangers); Abubakar Aliyu (Nasarawa United); Gbolahan Salami (3SC); Taiwo Awoniyi (Imperial Academy, Ilorin)

Stand-by: Happy Okuoka (Heartland); Bello Ikeleji (Bendel Insurance); Obinna Nwachukwu (Heartland); Izuegbu Abonima (Enugu Rangers); Paul Ikenna (Sunshine Stars); John Austin Igenepo
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

oyek wrote:According to this site, Douglas Achiv is listed as a 30 years old.
http://www.nigeriafootball.com/NairaSoc ... glas-Achiv

Or is it a different one?

They are not the only ones.

http://www.footballdatabase.eu/football ... 79.en.html

http://www.worldfootball.com/p/140498/n ... D.%20Achiv
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

SCORENIGERIA NPFL Star Week 2 – Alhassan Ibrahim (Kano Pillars)
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/01/18/s ... o-pillars/
By admin - January 18, 2018, 9:49 am391 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Alhassan Ibrahim was Man of the match when Kano Pillars beat Nasarawa United 2-0
Kano Pillars youngster Alhassan Ibrahim is the top performer in the NPFL Week 2 after he again scored to ensure a comfortable home win for his hometown club at the expense of Nasarawa United.

Alhassan has had to step into the big boots of skipper Rabiu Ali, who is away on international duty at the 2018 CHAN in Morocco, and he has done that with much aplomb.

‘Junior Iniesta’ scored in his team’s opening game at Northwest rivals Katsina United with a superb shot from distance.

And he then followed this up on Wednesday when he netted with a 61st minute header and was named Man of the Match as Pillars broke the Indian sign Nasarawa has had over them in the NPFL.

Other players who caught the eye in midweek include Tosin Omoyele (Plateau United), Adelani Adesegun (Go Round FC), Solomon Kwambe (Lobi Stars).

Top signing from NNL side Osun United, Omoyele was outstanding as Plateau United recorded their second straight win of the season and he provided the pass for Emeka Umeh to double the Jos club’s advantage just before the hour.

Adesegun scored the only goal for Go Round to record their first-ever win in the NPFL at the expense of top team Akwa United.

Former Eagles defender Kwambe provided two assists for Lobi Stars to sun home team Enugu Rangers 2-1.

Alhassan Ibrahim Profile

17 years old

Kano Pillars

Attacking Midfielder

Sourced from Sarduana FC

Last season – 1 goal vs Wikki Tourists
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

already brought up the many discrepancies in Udoh's date of birth(s) here.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

This is from Nasarawa United's Facebook page. Achiv is pictured on the left.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Under-20 list: Nigeria’s lack of adequate database exposed
Fisayo DairoFisayo Dairo February 24, 2018 Blogs, Football, News
https://www.aclsports.com/9877-2/

Newly-appointed Nigeria Under-20 coach Paul Aigbogun on Friday executed his first piece of task in charge of the national side – the release of a list of players with whom he intends to prosecute the qualifying series of the 2019 Under-20 Africa Cup of Nations.

How efficient or accurate was Aigbogun’s ‘first touch’ as the Flying Eagles handler? Our Chief Football Writer FISAYO DAIRO takes a look at the list and believes that the cankerworm that has masticated on Nigerian football for years is not ready to go away.

To start with, it is expected (at least by my humble self) that the task of coaching the Under-20 team this year will not be an easy one for any coach in the land, let alone one that has a full day-to-day job.

This is so because the previous National Under-17 set which naturally should form the nucleus of this Under-20s failed to qualify for the African Championship and so, in our normal ways, discarded the lot – talk of throwing away the baby and the bath water.
Since there was almost nothing on ground in terms of structure or personnel to work with, one can imagine the sort of work Mr Aigbogun and his crew would have done just to put together a list of players that will be eligible to play for the country at that level.

The top flight league in Nigeria hardly helps his cause as league coaches (including the Under-20 handler) always favour ‘old’, recycled legs, most times at the detriment of emerging ones.
It is also not a surprise that the three Under-20 players who represented Nigeria at the recently held African Nations Championship (CHAN) in Morocco were the first names on the list because, at least, they have a database aided by their participation in a major competition. For the rest of the selection, they are purely based on guessing and/or speculation on their eligibility since there is no articulate framework to run to.

Allegations of cheating

No sooner had the list been released by the Football Federation than analysts and journalists across Nigeria take to social media to express one reservation or the other about one, two or three players in the list of twenty-eight.

Their major yardstick which could be the only empirical evidence available in a country with abject disdain for record keeping like ours is; the number of seasons such player had played in Nigeria’s first two divisions.

Our findings

The first name that came to my attention was Douglas Achiv, a good central midfielder who was dropped at the dying minutes of preparation for CHAN 2018 by coach Salisu Yusuf.

I discovered that Achiv was also invited to camp by late Stephen Keshi for 2014 CHAN and featured for the first time in the NPFL for Lobi Stars in the 2013 season.

However, as being emphasised in this article, there is no record to prove or disprove that Achiv was just an exceptional 13-year old in 2013.

Also on the list is goalkeeper Ospino Egbe who is in his third NPFL season with Church side MFM FC of Lagos.

My findings reveal that Egbe was third choice goalkeeper at Ocean Boys of Brass in 2010 and famously had an auto accident with his teammate then, Okey Akabogu.

Ospino however seemingly went under the radar before resurfacing at MFM, perhaps making the selectors believe he is just playing his third league season. His case is however complicated by the tweet below, showing his year of birth as 1992.

One other player whose eligibility has been questioned incidentally is Moses Peter Eneji. He earned himself an infamous red card at the 2018 CHAN final and records available with the Confederation of African Football states that he was born on April 4, 1999.

Eneji, our findings revealed joined Dolphins FC (now Rivers United) in mid 2013/14 season from Unicem Rovers of Calabar but left the Port Harcourt side at the end of the season.

That suggests that the flying winger started his career so early and was brilliant enough to be playing for second division side UNICEM at 15.

Considering where Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa are coming from with regard to cases of age issues, it must be stated that 3/28 is a wonderful score but the problem inherent in this is the inability to trace the records of other players invited to the team. Players like Adesina Gata, Joseph Abiodun have also been speculated with traces of being overaged but where is the concrete evidence to lay claim to that?

It is glaring, even to the blind that this is a societal problem as not only footballers but civil servants, Professors and Politicians have been discovered to have falsified their ages at one time or the other. The society clearly gives these micro organisms enough broth and growth culture to manifest themselves in the future.

Since it is never too late to start, it can be recommended that the secrecy which has clouded the dates of births of players in the leagues must be removed so that everyone knows right from the onset.

With the advent of the laudable NPFL Under-15 Promises, there is an urgent need for players’ data to go directly into a database starting from the regional qualification level as that is the only way the league stars of ten, fifteen years to come can be monitored.

The NFF release included a clause which perhaps was suggestive that the Football House are in the dark as regards some of their dates of births and that has passed the message that this niggling thorn in the flesh of Nigerian football still basks in the absence of database.

“All invited players are to arrive at the Serob Legacy Hotel, Wuye, Abuja between Sunday, 25th February and Monday, 26th February, with their international passports, birth certificates and training kits.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Flying Eagles camp opening moved as NFF technical cttee quiz Aigbogun over call-ups
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/02/24/f ... -call-ups/
By admin - February 24, 2018, 2:37 pm261 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

The Flying Eagles training camp in Abuja, which was to open this weekend, will have to wait till after an NFF technical committee meeting on Monday to vet the 28-man squad announced by coach Paul Aigbogun.

“It is after the technical committee meeting chaired by Ahmed Yusuf Fresh that the team can move into the training camp,” a top official informed SCORENigeria

New coach Aigbogun has called up three players who featured at the recent CHAN in Morocco – Peter Eneji, Nur Mohammed and Ikouwem Udoh.

With no standing U17 team and the qualifiers beginning by the end of next month, the Enyimba coach has hoped to count on the experience of players from the Nigeria Premier League.

SCORENigeria further gathered that Aigbogun has come up with a new idea to allow for hopefuls try out for places in his team in between the two training sessions of the players officially invited.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

E11,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the LMC has a database.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mystic wrote:E11,

I believe they do. However, who is to say that Aigbogun made use of such a database. Sometimes, I believe these guys simply jot down name of players. First, several NPFL teams registered "developmental" players each season, then there are youth competitions, then there are records of when these players joined the NPFL, then there is a record of players recently in the U17 set up. Thus, Aigbogun had enough sources from which to pick his team. Instead, he basically focused on inviting established NPFL stars and a few others. I bet that if Ikouwem and Nura never went to CHAN, he probably would not have invited them. The list is just crazy in terms of some names on it.

This guy with his UEFA Pro certification, for whatever that counts, should trust his ability to build a team. I state that with some sarcasm because even with his UEFA Pro certification (one of a handful Nigerians with such certification), he has done very little in achieving.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote:

I believe they do. However, who is to say that Aigbogun made use of such a database. Sometimes, I believe these guys simply jot down name of players. First, several NPFL teams registered "developmental" players each season, then there are youth competitions, then there are records of when these players joined the NPFL, then there is a record of players recently in the U17 set up. Thus, Aigbogun had enough sources from which to pick his team. Instead, he basically focused on inviting established NPFL stars and a few others. I bet that if Ikouwem and Nura never went to CHAN, he probably would not have invited them. The list is just crazy in terms of some names on it.

This guy with his UEFA Pro certification, for whatever that counts, should trust his ability to build a team. I state that with some sarcasm because even with his UEFA Pro certification (one of a handful Nigerians with such certification), he has done very little in achieving.

The jury is definitely out on him. I was unimpressed with his previous stint at Enyimba. Surprised that they brought him back. They should have held on to Ogunbote, but chose to play hardball with him in contract negotiations, thus opening the door for Rangers to snatch him away from them.

Aigbogun could have also liased with Manu Garba, to find out which of his U17 wards were worthy of promotion. I recall Manu waxing lyrical about his goalkeeper for instance. Then there are all the academies which are sending so many promising youngsters to Europe. Yet not a single academy player listed.

Talk about not doing your homework.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mystic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

The jury is definitely out on him. I was unimpressed with his previous stint at Enyimba. Surprised that they brought him back. They should have held on to Ogunbote, but chose to play hardball with him in contract negotiations, thus opening the door for Rangers to snatch him away from them.

Aigbogun could have also liased with Manu Garba, to find out which of his U17 wards were worthy of promotion. I recall Manu waxing lyrical about his goalkeeper for instance. Then there are all the academies which are sending so many promising youngsters to Europe. Yet not a single academy player listed.

KPOM. This, IMHO, is example of lazy work.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Is anyone tracking Nura Muhammed's play?

The "kid" is playing in too many tournaments.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[/video]

[/video]

Sadiq Abdullahi and Nazifi Yahaya played for the NPFL u17 all stars last year. Nazifi with 3 goals and an assist in these 2 games
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

What is wrong with our coaches, sef...?

Why invite any player who has played more than 1 season in the NPFL?

Indeed, if we're serious, no NPFL player should be invited for under-age tournaments (except U-23)...

The NFF must call to order the coaches of our cadet squads...
:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

FATHER TIKO wrote:What is wrong with our coaches, sef...?

Indeed, if we're serious, no NPFL player should be invited for under-age tournaments (except U-23)...

Pinnick should just fire these coaches who knowingly participate in these type of fraud.

No wonder Pinnick has no fate in the League Players.

At least the foreign ones ages are not in question.

One day we will get another suspension... maybe only then they might sit up. What value is it to keep playing these old men? :boo: :boo:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
mystic wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

KPOM. This, IMHO, is example of lazy work.
How do you coach Enyimba and the National U-20 team at the same time? One or both will receive the lazy treatment!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:What is wrong with our coaches, sef...?

Pinnick should just fire these coaches who knowingly participate in these type of fraud.

No wonder Pinnick has no fate in the League Players.

At least the foreign ones ages are not in question.

One day we will get another suspension... maybe only then they might sit up. What value is it to keep playing these old men? :boo: :boo:
Cell,

The thing though is that Aigbogun is speculated to be one coach that is Pinnick's guy.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kabalega wrote:Is anyone tracking Nura Muhammed's play?

The "kid" is playing in too many tournaments.

I think someone is trying to market him a superstar. I didn't see anything so special about his performance at the CHAN.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

If there are any particular questions you want me to raise with Amaju on this U21 matter please post it in my box I will collate them and hand over when I meet with him in a few days time in my office. Only that I don't know how to post pictures here for proof that I met him when I do. (lol)
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

So only one question I got for Amaju Pinnick from the Forum!! He will be with me in 15mins.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS